[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

According to Eurogamer Pokemon Stars is supposed to be an upgraded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7

File: stars.jpg (50KB, 851x474px) Image search: [Google]
stars.jpg
50KB, 851x474px
According to Eurogamer Pokemon Stars is supposed to be an upgraded Sun and Moon (they literally call it a revival of "3rd version" concept like Platinum) for the Switch.

To me it seems very unlikely. Why? Because starting with BW main games have changed quite a lot. When BW first came out everybody noticed how story heavy they were. Something like that never happened before in a Pokemon game. For example 1st gen barely had any story, same with gen 2. Gen 3 had a bit more but it was still barebones. Same goes for DP. Platinum was the first game to actually push the story a bit more but it was nowehere near as heavy as BW

So when BW was out i was wondering how they'll make Gray without leaving the player bored because of going through the same story ad all the plot twists. But they didnt do 3rd game. They most likely realized it wont make sense to make people sit through all these cutscenes again. They did a sequel

XY wasnt as story heavy but stuff like AZ reunion with Floette just wouldnt have this emotional effect if it were to be redone.

And now SM is as story heavy as BW (if not more). And again: why would GF want people to go through all these cutscenes and plot twists again? If anything people would want to see Lillie as a trainer now, not babysitting her through all the game again.

I dont know what next game will be but i dont believe it will be a 3rd game (or port) if only because of how redundant would be go through the same heavy story twice

Also inb4
>Stars could be anything
Maybe. But then again if this part of Eurogamer news is wrong then probably all of their "rumour" is, that was the whole point of their leak
>>
Too me platinum and emerald didn't have the same story to d/p and r/s. A ton if differences in the games.

Pokemon will never be story heavy
>>
Nobody knows anything. We don't even know if Stars is a mainline Alola game.
Also Pokemon is not going to the Switch.
>>
File: scoops.jpg (103KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
scoops.jpg
103KB, 500x494px
>>32612291
>Pokemon is not going to the Switch.

Don't say shit like that. Obviously we're going to get PokePark 3, and some old ports. But what you meant to type is that no main series game will ever be released on Switch - which is true.
>>
File: salanjew.jpg (131KB, 800x512px) Image search: [Google]
salanjew.jpg
131KB, 800x512px
>>32612291
>>32612296
>But what you meant to type is that no main series game will ever be released on Switch
prepare yourselves
>>
>>32612296
Yes, of course, I meant mainline games. Should've made my post more precise
>>
>>32612302
>>32612296
Masuda said switch is the future. We might not get one this but Pokemon for sure coming to switch
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 201x250px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 201x250px
>>32612309
Great post lmao
>>
File: opobo6cw1HEEsCS50e4-o.gif (398KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
opobo6cw1HEEsCS50e4-o.gif
398KB, 150x150px
>>32612247

The official Pokemon website is made a page for Star already. It's name "Ho-Shi" which mean "Star".

E3 is coming soon. We will see in a couple of week
>>
>>32612291
>Nobody knows anything. We don't even know if Stars is a mainline Alola game.

But thats the point. Stars is either a 3rd game for SM (which seems very unlikely for many reasons) or doesnt exist at all

Eurogamer never said "Well Stars do exist but we dont know what it is", no. They were sure its a third game .
>>
>>32612423
>The official Pokemon website is made a page for Star already. It's name "Ho-Shi" which mean "Star".

No they didnt, stop spewing bullshit
>>
>>32612423
They also made a page for loli and pepperoni too.
>>
>>32612291
are you trying to say we will get another handheld ? Erm.. No.
>>
>>32612291
>Also Pokemon is not going to the Switch.
Better start saving for a switch, my man. The 3ds won't last forever.
>>
>>32612247
I want Stars on the Switch. Not because of muh HD or whatever shit.

I want solid 30 fps or 60. I want a better regional dex. That´s it. I don´t care about anything else.

Maybe some places where you can level up very fast.
>>
>>32612247
I just want to see what is going to happen with Necrozma and Zygarde so whether we get a 3rd version of sequels I don't mind that, although I kinda miss the 3rd version treatment(s). Regarding Zygarde, it needs a proper revisit. Currently it is a huge lore and in-game mess, especially the Aura trio as a whole... the Weather & Creation trio were done way better imo
>>
>>32612816
>Zygarde

Nothing more will happen, anon.
>>
>>32612871
Might have to wait and see since Zygarde "as in Alola for a reason", though that could just as much be simple filler and nothing more cus Game Freak are fucking lazy devs
>>
Let's think about where Sun and Moon starts and ends:

>your character moves from Kanto with your mom to Alola
>Lillie leaves Alola with Lusamine to Kanto to find Bill
>Plenty of Kanto references including Oak, Red, Blue, a switch behind a poster etc

If the Switch game isn't Kanto reboot, I would be very shocked.
>>
>>32612247
No. The reason why there won't be a 3rd version on the switch is because it's not commercially viable.

First, Gamefreak only makes games for a system once the install base is big enough, the switch isn't.

Second, how the fuck can you justifiy people get a switch for a port of a game most fans already have? It was tough enough trying to convince customers to get a 3rd version on the same system, but now there is the added barrier of a different system. Not to mention cost of development will be steep developing for a hd system.

There will be no mainline games on the switch this generation.
>>
>>32612291
>We don't even know if Stars is a mainline Alola game.
But the "leak" explicitly said Stars is a Sun/Moon port/3rd version.
>>
>>32613119
>a switch behind a poster
I dont remember this reference, where was it?
>>
>>32612319
Haha XD
>>
For some reason, the pluralization of the title bothers me far more than it should.
>>
>>32613119
All the kanto references are a link to the VC release of RBY and the annivesary

If GF wanted a Kanto reboot they wouldnt need to set up anything, in fact a suurprise revisit would be a lot more exciting instead of teasing which GF never was good at ("Battle Frontier is bening built!")
>>
>>32613146
This is retarded considering they just announced MHXX crossplay with Switch and 3DS. People said the same shit until it happened then those people cried about it. It's basically the same shit except not on a ugly ass 240p platform. Games aren't developed to look that piss ugly, they were just forced to look like it for the 3DS release. People said it looked exactly the same, but upon closer look, it's like night and day even tho its the same game.
>>
>>32613619
You're forgetting one significant detail. MHXX was recently released, just two months ago. Announcing soonish port for Switch when the 3ds version is still very fresh makes a lot of sense

Announcing "port" for SM when the game would be at least year old by its release (assuming it would be fall 2017) makes no sense because people are rather expecting a new game by that point, not a tweaked version of the game they already got bored with
>>
>>32613653
>not a tweaked version of the game they already got bored with
This happens like all the time at the start of a new console generation. It happens in this very series with third versions and people who bought the game on the same platform will buy a tweaked version later which is even worse. Like not even tweaked sometimes. Companies just release the same game on the next gen platform and it sells anyways despite a bunch of children always saying people will choose the previous platform because they can't afford a new one yet.
>>
>>32613680
So tell me why Gray and Z didnt happen? And why GF always started new console with a brand new generation? And why would they spend a lot more money to make a third game for a new console only to get a lot worse sales (Switch install base is still very small plus all third games had poor sales)

You clearly dont get how Pokemon was working through the years if you think GF will just release a game just because new console was released two months ago
>>
>>32612247
IT WILL BE 3DS ONLY, FUCK THE SWITCH.
>>
>>32612247
>According to Eurogamer Pokemon Stars is supposed to be an upgraded Sun and Moon (they literally call it a revival of "3rd version" concept like Platinum) for the Switch.

I wish they did that, it would boost switch sales [even if slightly] and they would have time to make better game for gen 8
>>
>>32613775
Bullshit, they had 2 years to make Sun and Moon.

Even if they did Stars this year then gen 8 would be either next year or 2019 at latest so the same amount of time they had for SM
>>
>>32613787

you are aware that they are not limited to only one programming language right? and that this game is all about; copy paste, make teams, this is not gta
>>
>>32613805
What language has to do with anything?
>>
>>32613818

really a lot, plus this game is fucking simple to make, they even can just create own "pokemon game maker" and all they have to do, is making a new item/mon ect. sprites and animations and put them inside, then spread around the map and npc's
>>
>>32612556
agree. 3ds is stale now. lets move to switch
>>
>>32613941

to be honest, it's not only about 3ds hardware, moving on switch would bring them less sales than they would expected but at least it's reasonable marketing decision
>>
>>32613960

look;
-they releases kanto remakes/stars
-probably around 10mln of people will buy switch for the games
-done until gen 8 and price drops, everyone are set, the players, the devs, the company and nintendo gains yens from fresh console
>>
>>32613705
No one knows why they didn't make those fan speculated versions. If you're insinuating there's some kind of pattern now, then that makes no fucking sense, because where's XY2? The only thing you can truly say is that for much of their existence they much favored releasing their shit ass third versions. It could very well be that they don't have the damn time because they struggled so much making 3DS games. Had they made XY2 or Z, we'd likely be staring at one, single Pokemon generation on the 3DS which is pathetic.

Doesn't make any of your original statement anymore true though. It's perfectly viable commercially else companies wouldn't constantly be doing it. People will buy it in droves. If other games can turn a profit at a fraction of the sales as Pokemon, then some tweaked 3DS game sure as fuck can.
>>
>>32613941
missed opportunity to say 'switch to switch'
>>
>>32613960
or it will bring more sales to switch, making a thrid version for switch is a safer move than rosking a new generation on a new console.

with "stars", they willl test waters if there's room for making new games for switch or if they should keep with 3ds.
>>
>>32613653
There porting the monster hunter that came out in 2015
>>
Poor fags are gonna be fuming when Pokemon is on switch but can't afford it's gonna be glorious
>>
>>32614006
Nope, the one that came out two months ago
>>
>>32613924
>really a lot,

Wow, you convinced me with not explaining it at all
>>
>>32613983

3ds is ded :/ switch will never be popular without games... and if they care about kids then it's really ridiculous logic; masuda said that people are playing smartphone games because they have no time, at the same time they are preparing games for kids, they really should make their own minds
>>
File: ??????????.png (281KB, 736x540px) Image search: [Google]
??????????.png
281KB, 736x540px
>>32612247
>i thought we agreed on Pokemon Mars version?
>>
>>32612247
shit like the TLOU was pretty much a movie and people were fine rebuying it with slightly improved visuals. it eventually sold about as well its original release.
>>
>>32613978
You still havent proven your point by single bit. "Other companies do it" isnt convincing considering Pokemon is aimed at kids and GF, specially in the last few years, was very carefull with all their releases. Look at the 3ds era.

3DS was released in early 2011 and it was seen as pretty expensive
XY came out in late 2013, after price cuts and with 2ds release on the same day as XY

And now you expect GF to say "fuck it" and ont care about their core audience? Just because they want to release anything for a brand new console with a small install base? You really dont understand Pokemonl nor its audience
>>
>>32614038
as far i know most players are adults, but it seems they still seek new players, that most of the time are kids. but overall they should focus on the older target
>>
>>32614068

nintendo switch costs more or less like a new iphone or ps4, are you retarded enough to think that kids have job? no, fucking parents are buying this shit to them
>>
>>32614068

>I-I think t-that kids are b-buying new consoles o-on their o-own
>>
>>32612291
Its been confirmed Pokémon will be on the switch though
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vg247.com/2017/03/20/game-freak-job-ad-hints-at-pokemon-on-switch-wants-devs-for-globally-popular-rpg-on-console/amp/
>>
>>32614068
Being aimed at kids means nothing. They had no qualms in the past releasing shit rapid fire. I believe in a six year span on DS, there was like 5 games released or some shit. The only thing that changed was they moved to 3D games, which fucked them in the ass. The 3DS games are low quality and they're probably going as fast they can as it is. That's what they get for constantly trying to be an entire generation behind. As hardware gets more powerful, they're gonna be even more fucked, which when I think about it is just another reason to port over Sun/Moon to buy some time.

Again, I never said, it's happening, I'm just saying, it's definitely something that could happen if I so chose to believe it, especially with the word out is that Nintendo told everyone to speed it the fuck up including third party, unlike the 3DS where everyone just jerked each other off for a year and didn't release anything the first year whereas Switch is getting their big IPs one after another.
>>
File: display.png (983KB, 1619x1222px) Image search: [Google]
display.png
983KB, 1619x1222px
>>32612319
>>
>>32612896
No. It's over, Zycuck. Shitsnake was forced into alola. It doesn't need or deserve anything else.
>>
>>32614188

I just let them know about that [about games quality and not being prepared for the console], I wonder if they will ignore
>>
>>32614135
>>32614141
Everybody knows that.Doesnt change many saw 3ds and now Switch as too expensive. Explain why they did release a cheap 2ds (on the same day as XY by the way) if money dont matter because "parents will buy it"
>>
Only 17 days until DenialFags get cucked
>>
>>32614188
Still doesnt mean Pokemon will rush in the first year with a half assed third game when they can do it the BIG way next year by releasing gen 8 (all gen 7 mons are already revealed and being promoted)
>>
>>32614280

please... people are just manchild's, they can spend 400$ on the new smartphone but they can't on a game console? [especially that switch is really something as for handheld]
>>
>>32614283
I've heard the same last month about May, because "Pokemon always gets big reveals in May guys, Pokemon Direct will be this month!!!"
>>
>>32614299
Again: explain then why they did release a 2ds for the premiere of XY
>>
>>32612423
pokemon.com/the_poster_who_posted_post_32612423_on_vp_is_a_massive_faggot_who_probably_faps_to_loli
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!
>>
>>32614313

for poor people, I don't know, it's makes zero sense, if 3ds was expensive then 2ds should be no different, the difference in price is way too small to compete
>>
3ds games cost 39.99. Switch games cost 54.99 sometimes 59.99. Game freak would love to get that extra money

It will make up for some of the lost users who can't afford it
>>
>>32612247
>"oh no we haven't had a third version for a whopping two gens omg it'll never ever happen again"
I mean I don't think it's a third version either, but people gotta get better arguments that this.
>>
>>32614292
Never said it was, but there's also no guarantee Gen 8 is coming soon considering how much trouble they had making fucking 3DS games. Take Monolith Soft, which was given X just to experiment with making HD games by Nintendo. Japan as a whole struggled with the move during the PS3 era. I expect Gen 8 to suffer the same problems considering GF is usually behind everybody else as it is.
>>
>>32614329
>I don't know, it's makes zero sense,

See, you really dont get it
>>
>>32614329

new 3ds xl; 200$
new 2ds xl; 150$

NO WOW...
>>
>>32614356
If they could make a 3rd game of SM for Switch for this year (as you claim they could) then they shouldnt have any problems with gen 8 next year
>>
>>32614388
but a new generation takes time because they need to do almost everything from scratch: the region, plot, characters, they need to reasearch new cultures, design new pokemons, etc..

An updated version of SM takes less time.
>>
>>32614307
it is a bit unusual for corocoro not to drop anything major for may but that doesn't mean it isn't coming
after so much pokemon at e3 last year, though, I have a feeling that that's where they want to show it in the future
>>
>>32612291
screencap this faggot so we can laugh at him when pokemon switch gets announced
>>
>>32614572
Who knows, there's always the possibility pokemon stays on the 3ds for another year or two and a new handheld is announced
I really doubt it, because the switch seems well oriented for a huge title like a main pokemon game to continue pushing sales after Mario comes out
>>
>>32614510
>they need to reasearch new cultures
You're giving them too much credit here.
>>
>>32613705
gray/ grey didnt happen cos amerifags and britbongs have different spellings for the word.

z didnt happen cos would it be pronounced "Zed" or "zee"?
>>
>>32612291
> Pokemon won't be on the switch

Why are Pokemon fans this retarded? Really, man, they ALWAYS get EVERYTHING wrong and yet they never fucking learn.
>>
>>32614510
So? They're probably been working on that for a while now
>>
>>32612247
inb4 stars is the codename for DPPt remakes
>>
>>32614630
don't get your point. Of course that "stars" is true, they are working on it for a while, it's impossible to make a good game in six month. But a completly new game with no concept to work takes more time to program than a improved version or sequel with an already established lore, npcs design and region.
>>
>>32614600
Masuda, Ohmori and other guys mentioned a lot of times that the staff visit the country that will be the base for the new games, and stay there for awhile to take ideas for the region, new pokemons and lore in general lol
>>
>>32614607
I don't think that would have anything to do with it. They can easily change the spelling if they needed to. Plus, I'm sure there have been other cases in the games where spelling differences occurred.

"Zed" or "zee" would make even less of a difference as the letter Z wouldn't change.

I honestly think they wanted to change the formula, and in the case of B2W2, it was 100% for the better.
>>
>>32614232
lol kys literal autist
>>
>>32612247
Pokemon Stars will take place in kanto with Lillie as the main character friend and rival.

At the end of the game Lillie tells you to travel with her to her home.

Post game takes place in Alola where you do the trials and get the Z crystals.

Then you get to travel to other regions through DLC

It all comes together
>>
>>32615695
>kys
You must be at least 18 years old to post on this website, kiddo.

Zycucks are fucking faggots.
>>
All the empty building sites are future gyms, so Stars will be a sequel.
>>
>>32616122
We will surely see the electric central in Z too right?
>>
>>32612506
Nintendo New 2DS XL ;)
>>
>>32615939
>Zycuck

I've seen memes better than that, kill yourself underage faggot
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.