[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Pokemon games do you have in your all time favorite vidya

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: A RIVER IN A DRY LAND.png (39KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
A RIVER IN A DRY LAND.png
39KB, 256x192px
Which Pokemon games do you have in your all time favorite vidya list?
Pokemon SoulSilver and Explorers of Sky represent.
>>
>>32609713
none
>>
>>32609716
>on a pokemon board
>doesn't have a favorite pokemon game
>>
Platinum and Emerald
>>
>>32609713
Platinum is in my 3x3.
Blue is my second favorite, but doesn't quite make it
>>
>>32609744
This
>>
>>32609713
>SoulSilver
It must be nice to be able to enjoy a game without being aware of its obvious flaws.
>>
>>32609729
Learn to read.
>>
None. It may be my favourite franchise but none of the games are anything special.
>>
All the main games except Ruby and Sapphire. And Green I suppose. Also the whole PMD series.

>>32609863
I guess you don't enjoy pokemon at all then anon
>>
Black and white 2 are the platinum standard in a sea of gold, diamonds, and pearls
>>
>>32609876
Same here. The appeal in Pokemon is in all of the games, not one individual game that's good or bad.
For me personally, though, Gen 1 and Gen 2 (or FRLG and HGSS) together make a really great experience that stands on its own, but individually, they're just simply decent games.
>>
>>32609713
None. No pokemon game would make my top ten list, or even top twenty five. They're good but there many better games overall.
>>
File: IMG_8830.jpg (18KB, 361x324px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8830.jpg
18KB, 361x324px
>>32609713
Pokemon Black 2 and Platinum, easily. I don't see how anyone could think the other gens besides the ones on the DS are better.
>>
>>32609992
Not even trolling but XY is purely better because of multiplayer.
>>
>>32610001
Actually, I agree with you. XY alone probably had the most fun online. Too bad the main story and postgame were a mega disappointment get it? after all the neat content that was in BW2. All you had to do was eggs and bikes so that was a downer.
>>
Depends how long the list is
top 10 definitely doesn't have anything from this eries
top 50 all time might have white version on there, and will definitely have Mystery Dungeon Blue I really need to play sky already
top 100 will definitely have white version
top 10 JRPGs might have Mystery Dungeon if you count it
>>
Explorers of Sky made my personal top 10

None of the others really got considered. Most Pokemon games range from okay to pretty good IMO
>>
I consider the gen 2 games to be my second favorite game(s) of all time
>>
>>32609992
I think RSE have better main gameplay but that's about it
>>
>>32609713
Platinum, White 2, and X are my only main games that still have my original runs on them, all the others were overwritten
>>
Personally White is really high up there for me.
>>
>>32609863
There isn't a single Pokemon game that doesn't have at least one crippling flaw that directly influences how enjoyable the game is, especially in replays. Part of being a Pokemon fan is being able to ignore them.
>>
>>32609713
Platinum,B2,Y,Moon
>>
If it's top 10, Crystal makes it around 8 or 9. RSE and maybe Explorer's of Sky make top 15. I've never played a Pokemon game that I didn't enjoy but none of them besides those ones have left a lasting enough impression years down the line
>>
>>32609765
>>32609744
>>32611181
>>32611871
>platinum
get the fuck out with that trash
>>
>>32612155
This, remember our opinions matter more than yours do.
>>
>>32609713
Emerald, Platinum, HGSS

even though BW2 is better, I have more nostalgia for the above titles
>>
>>32612155
>not liking the best game in the series
Why are you even here?
>>
>>32609713
>Lakes are rivers
>>
>>32609713
are you me?
>>
>>32609713
The holy trinity of pokemon, Emerald - Platinum - B2W2.
>>
>>32609729
You can like Pokemon and not like the games.

Pokemon is my favorite universe in gaming and I'm always playing every new game released, every hack etc. because I REALLY like the concept. I really hate the battle system and the random encounter, however, and I think the story is overall boring.
>>
File: 1487257406381.png (219KB, 456x271px) Image search: [Google]
1487257406381.png
219KB, 456x271px
>>32609713
Depends on how long this "all time favorite" list is. If it's huge, with around 50 entries, there will be BW2 and SM. But if it's around just 10 entries long, only SM gets on the list.
>>
Yeah, HeartGold, Platinum and White 2.
HeartGold is my absolute favorite one, but I'm a huuuuuge Johtofag so.
>>
all third versions. emerald,plat,soul silver
>>
File: Time_Gear.png (22KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Time_Gear.png
22KB, 256x192px
>>32609713
Explorers of Sky and Crystal, I'd say. So damn good.
>>
>>32610032
Sky blows blue (which is very good) out of the water, it's fantastic as fuck. Definitely get it.
>>
>>32609713
>Pokemon SoulSilver and Explorers of Sky
these and platinum
>>
Platinum, Soul Silver and Explorers of Sky.
>>
Emerald, Platinum, Explorers of Sky, Soul Silver, Black 2
>>
>>32609713
RBY and GSC. It really shows the age, or perhaps contrarian nature of /vp/ that these aren't the only mentions in the thread.
>>
>>32609713
GSC but for very personal reasons. I don't even think that's the best generation.
>>
>>32615198
Or maybe people have different opinions.
>>
>>32615198
From gen I I choose Stadium, since we aren't limited to the main games.
From gen II, the glorious Crystal.
And I don't care about the other gens.
>>
>>32615198
The conclusion to draw about this thread is that a surprising amount of /vp/ can acknowledge that very few if any of these games belongs on a top 10 vidya list.
Age isn't a factor with your favorite gen, my first games were gen 1 and these days I prefer gen 5, I'm sure I'm not the only person in this kind of scenario.
>>
Emerald and sliver
>>
>>32615327
Probably one could throw RBY into such list not because they're good but what they mean for video games as a whole.
>>
>>32615378
Fair
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.