[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>send out offensive Latios >enemy is Metagross >use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 19

File: battle frontier.jpg (67KB, 509x325px) Image search: [Google]
battle frontier.jpg
67KB, 509x325px
>send out offensive Latios
>enemy is Metagross
>use thunderbolt
>lol brightpowder it missed whoops
>get meteor mashed
>its attack goes up
>switch to my Metagross before it kills it
>get meteor mashed again
>it's fine still more than half HP left
>its attack goes up AGAIN
>use earthquake
>it doesn't die but it's not surprising
>surely mine can take another meteor mash without dying
>it uses it again
>lmao crit u're ded
>send out Heracross to finish it off
>enemy sends out Alakazam
>it might have ice punch so Latios could be a bad idea
>could get frozen anyway
>know Heracross won't outspeed it but I don't really have many other options
>focus band might save it to megahorn it back
>of course it doesn't
>psychic'd and dead
>down to Latios
>if it has ice I'm fucked
>it doesn't
>paralizes Latios first for good measure
>Latios is fucked up from Metagross so the one psychic it took after leaves it pretty bad anyway
>Alakazam dies
>enemy sends out Wobbuffet
>I just have special attacking moves
>virtually and unavoidably fucked
>mirror coated
>dead
>51 streak down the drain

This place is the most shamelessly cheating piece of hot garbage I've had the disgrace of experiencing. There is zero fucking skill involved.
The dick sucking this shithole gets is completely unwarranted and undeserved.
>>
and yet people say it needs to come back. No one actually played it though
>>
File: 1495352327818.jpg (40KB, 726x669px) Image search: [Google]
1495352327818.jpg
40KB, 726x669px
>>32608903
>1 more battle before Anabel
>have team ready for hers
>trainer sends out shedinja
>i have nothing
>>
So why is the more boring battle tower clones more accepted if they do the same thing anyways?
>>
>>32608903
>>32608964
>>32608972
You go through the bull shit of Hoenn's Battle Frontier for the cool symbols.
>>
>>32608903
>Falling for the battle frontier meme

The battle frontier is repetitive garbage and was only enjoyed by super hardcore fans. Most people didn't touch this half assed excuse of "post game" and that's why game freak banned it. Good on them because it was a waste of time anyway.
>>
>>32608944
That's completely on you though.
>>
>>32609076
It's not the players. The game specifically has teams to counter YOU, and they're unavoidable.
>>
File: 1466327296930.jpg (35KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
1466327296930.jpg
35KB, 361x691px
>>32609007
>cool symbols
My fucking asshole is cool. The symbols manage to be even more useless than badges, and that's quite an accomplishment.
I find it hypocritical they claimed the Pike is the "luck" facility when they all depend on the fucking RNG deliberately fucking you over or not. The Palace is arguably the stupidest excuse of a concept for batting I have seen ever since (and I'm really not surprised it hasn't been reused), and as for all the rest they start getting to unavoidable and uncounterable levels of "difficulty", difficulty on quotes because at that point it's very much debatable you can even call it difficulty, as it's not testing your skill whatsoever, but rather the game is very purposely setting up teams to shut you down, and in the middle of a seven trainer streak there is just about nothing you can do.
>>
>>32609128
Achievement stamps for the sake of achievment stamps are great content. I loved Frontier symbols and I loved medals in BW2. It's definitely a good feature and needs to be used to create more longevity in the games.
>>
File: 1473734533007.png (226KB, 500x651px) Image search: [Google]
1473734533007.png
226KB, 500x651px
>>32609181
You're making an argument for the symbols themselves being good content, and I understand that.
However, the mechanics to get them are flawed beyond belief because no matter how skilled the player is, if the RNG decides it's having a bad day, it WILL make you lose, plain and simple.
Achievement awards are alright as a concept to extend the life of a game, the problem is when those awards are complete bullshit to obtain to begin with because Gamefreak cannot program actually challenging and fair AI, and instead resorts to unfair and flat out cheating tactics.
If you wanna get practical, tell me, what would you have done if you were in the situation on the OP? From the very first attack missing, it just kept going downhill to the point of being unsalvageable, and most, if not all, things that went wrong were directly tied to the RNG heavily favoring the enemy at every turn.

>b-but they're optional and useless anyway
Not an excuse and not the point.
>>
>>32609119
If you don't have a single move that can kill a Shedinja, it's your fault.
>>
>>32608903
You lost Metagross due to hax against his Metagross, but the rest was on you. I'm particularly wondering why the fuck you have Focus Band on Heracross. Focus Band is a trash item. Latios would have gotten hit by one Meteor Mash even if your Thunderbolt had connected.
>>
>>32609256
My idea to make battle facilities more enjoyable is to add some kind of extra life/chance feature. I'm not sure how to implement it but maybe by paying a certain sum of BP or completing battles in a particular manner could earn the player a continue to use later.

The root of the problem in facilities is the win streak nature, in which you only need to get fucked over a single time for it all to come to an end. I don't believe they actually cheat (has anyone looked into the game code to confirm?) but simply because you're constantly battling and only need one bad dice roll to lose the entire win streak, it's much, much more noticable than when some random overworld trainer lands a freeze on you.

A continue system that allows the player to get another chance somehow would help alleviate this issue a lot.
>>
File: 1475736947213.png (163KB, 428x416px) Image search: [Google]
1475736947213.png
163KB, 428x416px
>>32609333
Because I've tried other things and none have ended up being all that useful. What do you recommend?
Also, consider that if that thunderbolt hadn't missed, then my Metagross could've most likely killed it with that earthquake after the switch and not have died in the process instead. Had it not died, it would've walled off Alakazam really well and probably kill it as well since it has jackshit for defense, and Heracross would've still been alive. With Heracross alive, Wobbuffet would've been easily put down or at least heavily damaged with a megahorn.
It all snowballed into a fucking one-sided disaster as soon as thunderbolt missed from the very beginning, and I think you can at least grant me that.
>>
>>32609372
Nice idea.
>>
T b h the only reason I wanted the BF in ORAS was the battle pike. The pike is shit, but it almost certainly would've given us mega seviper, and the poster child of slow frail mixed attackers really needed it.
>>
>>32609387
I'm assuming you've already got lefties so pinch berries could be an option. Focus band is straight up bad though. Even if the BF wasn't rigged they benefit the cpu more than you because you only need to lose once
>>
>>32609387
Remember that Heracross only has a 25% chance to OHKO Wob. But on the other hand if you have Sword Dance then it shouldn't be a problem at all.
I would generally go with Salac Berry on Heracross in gen III if you can't risk Choice items. Wouldn't have mattered in this case though. Fuck, I would almost put Quick Claw above Focus Band since Heracross is so slow and its activation percentage is the twice as high as Focus Band's.
>>
I used save states to see how to win certain battles, and the RNG is just set on certain turns.

For example, I was fighting a Quick Claw Sandslash. I had a Blaziken with Bulk Up, Blaze Kick, Brick Break, and Slash. If I Bulked Up, Sandslash missed with some stupid move I forget, but the turn I attack, his Quick Claw goes off and he one shot EQs me. So I'd spam Bulk Up to get defense high enough to get in a hit but I can't hit him harder than he can hit me. I could take one EQ hit but the next turn his Quick Claw would go off again and he'd kill me. And if I decided to keep Bulking Up instead, he'd get a Quick Claw crit and one shot me.

I also have a battle video of a battle where the only path to victory was stalling a Gardevoir into killing itself with struggle cuz RNG kept fucking me at every turn.
>>
File: 1483708416062.png (13KB, 736x547px) Image search: [Google]
1483708416062.png
13KB, 736x547px
>>32609584
Latios has the leftovers since it's the main coverage attacker (Dragon Claw, Psychic, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt) so more often than not I get majorly fucked if it's KO'd, so I prefer to give it a bit more sustenance.
On berries I slacked on because planting and watering is boring and I always forget.

>>32609613
I did try running quick claw on it for a while. Surprise surprise, it almost never worked, and when it did it wasn't on any particularly critical moment.
Anyway, remember that even if Wobbuffet had survived and countered Metagross (assuming it wasn't killed by Alakazam), Heracross and Latios would've still been standing and most likely would've been able to kill it before it could counter back again.
>>
>>32608903
People have decompiled huge chunks of Emerald's code, including the AI. It doesn't cheat.
>>
>>32609695
Pfft what are you saying? That it is just coincidental that after a lot of battles there just so happens to be a team that counters yours? Nope that is impossible. The AI has to cheat.
>>
>>32608937
We still have what he described though, the fucking Battle Tower.
>>
>>32609723
Cheat as in YuGiOh levels of literal cards changing in the enemy's deck at will? No.
Cheat as in enemy getting guaranteed RNG benefits like secondary move effects, item activations and crits? Abso-fucking-lutely yes.
>>
>>32611402
how do you know all the item activate? do you know the hel item of very single pokemon you fought?
>>
>>32611455
When a Snorlax attacks first than pretty much anything, it's not hard to put 2 and 2 together.
When a fucking Raticate is conveniently saved by its focus band TWICE IN A ROW, it's not hard to assume some things.
>>
>>32611402
>>32611476
You can literally play the game and watch the code it runs right now, or go read the decompiliation of the AI. It doesn't cheat in any way whatsoever, this is a proven fact. Your anecdotal evidence means nothing.
>>
>>32608903
>I just have special attacking moves
>virtually and unavoidably fucked
Couldn't you have just spammed Calm Mind until you could've one shot it? Why aren't you running Calm Mind?
>>
File: 1403232215412.jpg (27KB, 300x394px) Image search: [Google]
1403232215412.jpg
27KB, 300x394px
>>32611527
>yfw
I'm saying I can tell what item the enemy has you fucking idiot, I'm not saying it works 100% of the time for them. It does, however, seem to work at the most convenient times specifically to ruin your side.
There's nothing worse than arguing statistics with a stuckup faggot like you, because you will dismiss things as "anecdotal" or "informal".
Once you get to the higher streaks the game factually starts trying to fuck you over any way it can. This is not a "well with statistics anything could happen at any time". This is a brightpowder activation, two secondary 20% move effects in a row, and a critical in the span of four four turns.
Statistically impossible? Of course not. But you cannot tell me with a straight face there is nothing being modified in the background to babysit the AI after seeing such a series of events.
>>
>>32611476
that doesn't mean ALL of them had their item activated.
>>
>>32609372

Pretty sure Stadium cheated, I'm unsure about 3rd-4th gen, as of BW though, I know it's been checked. The A.I doesn't cheat at least of BW, it's that they use a lot of meme builds that have a 5-10% chance of completely fucking you and you only need to lose once.
>>
File: a97000dd4a9332bddd09ae3b47c1be7d.png (782KB, 991x1311px) Image search: [Google]
a97000dd4a9332bddd09ae3b47c1be7d.png
782KB, 991x1311px
>>32611613
>what are the odds
1/10*1/5*1/5*1/8=1/2000
how many turns did your previous 50 battles last totally? lets say you finish each battle in 20 turns. 50*20=1000. also since that event is 4-turn event, 1000/4=250
250/2000=8
1/8 chance of something like that hapening in the span of 50 battles.
thats as high as a crit.
>>
File: 1454380519610.gif (454KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1454380519610.gif
454KB, 320x240px
>Pokémon RNG
The true final boss behind endgame facilities, the less you rely on it better are your chances while playing the russian roulette that are win streaks
>>
>>32609372
>I don't believe they actually cheat
They do, since the AI can't do much against you it needs to rig RNG to its side, its what GameFreak considers fair balance since the player can use whatever strategy he wants
>>
>>32611707
The first 21 battles are a joke, 20 turns is beyond an exaggeration.
Try again with the former 21 with maybe 3-6 turns, 22 to 35 with maybe 10-12, and only from then on forward can you start counting 15 at most, unless a really bulky Pokémon is used.
>>
>>32611742
>finishing in 3 turns
I'm sorry i actually never played frontier.
i didn't know each side could only bring 3 pokemons out.
also another mistake i made is thinking the miss and the 20% happened in different turns. i should have divided by 3 instead of 4.
>>
>>32611762
>I'm sorry i actually never played frontier.
Golly gee, what a surprise.
>>
>>32611762
>I'm sorry i actually never played frontier.
I like you.
>>
>>32609372
>I don't believe they actually cheat
>>32609695
>It doesn't cheat.

Does anyone in this thread have time to talk about our lord and savior "Quick-Claw-Horn-Drill"?
>>
>it's a "facility FORCES a focus on streaks, which means you'll get reset if you come across a hard counter team" episode

These places need some sort of checkpoint or something, like every 10-20 battles until a certain point.
>>
File: Untitled.png (77KB, 793x683px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
77KB, 793x683px
>>32611674
Oh Stadium DID cheat.
>>
>>32611867
use savestats lol
>>
>>32611771
than like this- 10 turns per battle on avarage- 500 turns
500/3= 166
166/2000= 1/12
thats not too horrible a chance either

also, what are the chances BS would happen during 100 battles?
what are the chances this BS would wait till late battles too happen?
>>
>>32609330
No
>>
>>32611877
Nothing beats the Kommo-o with fucking Shell Smash in the battle tree
>>
>>32611877
i can't see the cheat anon
>>
>>32612051
level
evolution stage
>>
File: 1494868627109.jpg (29KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
1494868627109.jpg
29KB, 499x498px
Faggots in this thread are so fucking mad, lmao. Meanwhile, my last streak in the Battle Tree was 98. After posting this, I'm about to hit the hay after beating Red in Super Singles for a current streak of 50, wake up, have a great breakfast, and go for a streak of 100.

Inb4 "Battle Tree is less bullshit than Battle Frontier." Shut the fuck up. It's all RNG. I've had plenty of streaks in all the games ruined by bad luck. That's the game. So git gud, get back on the horse, and try again. I await your assblasted replies in the morning.
>>
File: linus ivestigator.jpg (873KB, 850x1274px) Image search: [Google]
linus ivestigator.jpg
873KB, 850x1274px
>>32611877
all of those are legit.
>dragonair
you can fish one at lv10 in route 45.
>mechamp
there is a lvl14 machoke in rock tunnel (or you can trade for one from yellow, but its probably rock tunnel)
>golem
graveler can be found via rock smash. (i think, i can't find the list)
>>
>>32609128
>>32609256
legit autism
>>
>>32608903
>Everybody has a boner for Hoenn's BF
>Sinnoh's is infinitely better

Sinnoh atleast has some interesting and fun challenges that shake up the tedium of battle after battle. Hell, half of Hoenn's BF is literally Luck based. Who thought it was a good idea to have Pokemon battle by themselves and using their natures to determine what moves they use? If any?
>>
File: 2017-04-30-10-19-10--705026607.jpg (6KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-30-10-19-10--705026607.jpg
6KB, 299x168px
>>32612521
>Route 45 in Gen I
>Rock Smash in Gen I

Umm...
>>
What if BF/future battle facilities provided team preview?
>>
>>32611613
>But you cannot tell me with a straight face there is nothing being modified in the background to babysit the AI after seeing such a series of events.
Yes I can, because I've seen this magical background of yours, and this is exactly what happens. Nothing. The AI literally just throws luck based bullshit at you until it gets lucky and you lose. You can spew your nonsense all you want, but it will never be anything other than nonsense.
>>
File: underwear linus.jpg (350KB, 426x639px) Image search: [Google]
underwear linus.jpg
350KB, 426x639px
>>32612616
my bad.
you could get those by trading with gsc, but yeah, gsc wasn't there when stadium happened.
>>
>>32612042
>>32612042
Yes. Carry Fire, Flying, Rock, Ghost, or Dark coverage. Or Will-o-Wisp or Toxic. Those are already good things to do anyways.
>>
>>32611877
>geodude and golem are legal in pika cup but not graveler
>>
>>32612663
>i-it doesn't cheat
>honest!
Why are you so intent on defending Gamefreak's lazy excuse for difficulty?
I've gone through countless streaks before this one and some end early because of my bad decisions, sure.
Once you start the 50th battle though, the game stops having any sort of shame it could have, and starts throwing legendaries and a myriad of RNG benefits on top to the foe.
And you know what? You're gonna dismiss it again as anecdotal evidence, but I honestly don't give a single fuck. I have not been able to go past a 53 streak, despite getting to the 50th many times now. All the way up to there is doable if you're careful and plan well. But from there on onward? RNG is ruthless and will fuck you up with very clear intent.
Can you not see a common factor here? Are you so intent on being contrarian for the sake of insulting a stranger on the internet?
The game flips the bullshit dial to the max when you reach 50, you somehow have to play miracle worker and make it all happen somehow, and more often than not, that's virtually impossible unless the RNG decides to throw you a bone.
You're just set on insisting the game doesn't fucking cheat to stroke your e-peen and show how much of an "expert elite trainer" you are to impose your superiority over others.
>>
>>32608903
I liked Sinnoh's battle frontier more
>>
>>32612054
>Dragonair
Can be fished in Yellow's Safari Zone at level 15
>Kangaskhan
Cheated
>Graveler
Cheated
>Alakazam
Legit.
>Machamp
You can get a Machoke from an in-game trade in Yellow by trading a low-leveled Cubone, causing Machoke to evolve immediately.
>Starmie
Legit.

One third of this guy's team is bullshit, unless I missed something.
>>
>>32613155
Turns out I missed one, in Japanese Blue you can trade a Kadabra for a Graveler, which would obviously evolve into a Golem right away. Even with that though the leveling is fucked since the lowest level a Kadabra can be in Gen I is 16.

Still doesn't explain the Kangaskhan. My thought is that at some point there must have been a way to get a low-leveled Rhydon that was later scrapped since Rhydon is listed as usable in Pika Cup. In that case you could trade for a low-leveled Kanga in Japanese Blue.
>>
>>32608903
>he didnt got all the medals

Git Gud op
>>
So what were people's battle frontier teams? Mine was Blaziken, Walrein, and Latias.
>>
>>32612044
Game freak patching it out did.

Sucks too cause shell smash helps it a ton.
>>
>>32613340

Slaking.

Choice Band Hyper Beam all day erry day.
>>
>>32613355
That thing just makes me wonder if we're getting a Shell Smash move tutor in a future installment.
>>
File: 1479548989301.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479548989301.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>32613207
>git gud at luck
>>
>>32612521
Graveler is unobtainable at that low a level
>>
>>32613729
in g1. in g2 you could get it in rock smash (i think) but thats irelevant.
>>
>>32613751
Even in gen 2 it's not possible.
>>
>>32613764
do you have the rock smash list?
>>
>>32613487
>he's not good enough to beat luck

You need to improve
>>
>>32608903
Who are you quoting?
What the hell are you doing?
>>
>>32612521
Who is this delectable blue morsel?
>>
>>32614202
Idiot
>>
>>32614202
>it's another "anon pretends to think meme text is exclusive for quoting while knowing it's not to purposely achieve (You)'s" episode
>>
>>32612044
I remember a Chinese player got recked by this kommo-o. His tapu koko nearly took it out with dazzling gleam, then this kommo-o used shell smash and destroyed him instantly.
>>
>>32609119

I remember a time people would appreciate the AI intelligently metagaming their strategies. Now people act like mobafaggots and cant handle a GG.
>>
How are people still arguing over whether the AI has rigged RNG, every game has been datamined. Shouldn't we know, and if it is rigged, by exactly how much.
>>
>>32609570

You know that wouldnt have happened anyway especially considering Aarune. They would have made a Mega Milotic just to spite lorefags.
>>
>>32615506
You know, several people have talked about this decompiled code, but I have seen none of it.
>>
File: 4 minors.jpg (439KB, 850x513px) Image search: [Google]
4 minors.jpg
439KB, 850x513px
>>32614211
her name is linus. she is from the tcg mmo 'sword girls online'.
since the game has been discontinued in the west, its english version is completly without transection as its maintained by fans.

linus herself is a character from the story with both avatar cards and unit cards assocciated with her. (that means you can either have her issue commands in your name or send her to the action by herself)

the fansite (and the game iitself) can be found here (their server is offline atm)
http://www.swordgirls.org/
>>
File: linus falco.jpg (1MB, 850x1258px) Image search: [Google]
linus falco.jpg
1MB, 850x1258px
>>32614211
>>32617448
btw, linus falco is from the 'academy' (aristocrat) faction. the other factions are 'Vita' (highschool), 'crux' (religion) and 'darklore' (darkness)
>>
All I want is an Inverse Facility, or at the very least an Inverse Battle Spot. It's not fair.
>>
File: 4684587689789.png (139KB, 389x344px) Image search: [Google]
4684587689789.png
139KB, 389x344px
>>32613442
It fits kommo-o thematically with its scales and helps it a lot in battle. Not like super power game breaker tier but does make it at least useable.

I hope it gets it via breeding or Tutor somehow.
>>
>>32616787
debugger and lots of asm knowledge
>>
>>32618937
And how am i supposed to believe its not just programmers banding together to laugh at us?
I'm from /pol/ i won't believe your 'facts' so easily.
>>
>>32618937
You're gonna have to be more convincing than that.
>>
>>32618445
>super power game breaker
sounds exactly like one considering its 2 stages
>>
>>32621580
What two stages?
>>
>>32617931
They'd fuck it up somehow.
>>
>>32621580
Knowing game freak theyd give it shell smash but still fuck it up in some way.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.