[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does smogon promote the mentality that of only strong but not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170522-112656.jpg (50KB, 373x310px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170522-112656.jpg
50KB, 373x310px
Does smogon promote the mentality that of only strong but not overtly broken pokemon should be considered liked?
>>
But don't the lower tiers like NU and RU give a place for weaker pokemon to shine?
>>
>>32607325
Thats fine and all. But most of the weaker pokemon are dicriminated against as shitmon by most people for not being strong.
>>
>>32607315
smogon doesnt influence what pokemons I like though
>>
>>32607315
>>32607381
It definitely influences some people, remember in gen 5 everyone was always saying Politoed was always their bro but when 6 came around everyone stopped talking about him.
>>
>>32607445
>he didn't run rain teams in gen 6
shiggy
>>
It really does bother me when people call a Pokemon shit because it isn't OU.

This is just my personal opinion, but UU is the best tier. You can use a large variety of solidly good, strong Pokemon there. OU is typically ruled by Pokemon that have some kind of broken abusable gimmick or are in some way min maxed.

I can mostly forgive Ubers. I wouldn't consider them OP because they ate legends and the most broken megas and shit. They are intentionally made to be broken by design, and since I know that, I don't mind them being the way they are.

Tldr UU is the comfy balanced tier with good but not OP Pokemon, and most Pokemon can function there outside of NU trash Pokemon which should all be buffed. No fully evolved Mon should be NU.
>>
>>32607457
No in gen 6 everyone loved Talonflame now he's went the same way as Politoed.
>>
>>32607461
Poor Volcanion
>>
>>32607461
this desu. OU is Greninja and Cancer Pass.

I actually think that OU should stop being a standard tier and instead, we have a usage system that works entirely downwards. When you can make a whole team out of legendaries and ultra beasts with min-maxed stats out the ass and call that a "standard OU team", it's clear that you're working in an outdated model
>>
>>32607461
>This is just my personal opinion, but UU is the best tier.
That's an undisputed fact, actually.

>Ubers
You'd be surprised.
Ubers is an incredibly honest tier.

A tad centralized, but that's what makes it so even. There's already checks and counters for even the most used Pokemon in the tier.

Tapu Lele? Unless you have a Magearna, Jirachi, Celesteela or Scizor then you're absolutely fucked.
>>
I love how much UU players love to suck each others dicks
>>
>>32607315
Nope.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TierInducedScrappy
>>
File: 1495288995025.jpg (68KB, 770x666px) Image search: [Google]
1495288995025.jpg
68KB, 770x666px
>>32607647
Why don't you join us? So I can slide my soft, buttery cock down your throat. ;)
>>
>>32607747

How can a dick be buttery?
>>
File: 692.jpg (76KB, 893x697px) Image search: [Google]
692.jpg
76KB, 893x697px
>>32607821
Come over here and find out~ <3
>>
>>32607931
>primarinafag

the usual suspects
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.