[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who'd you pick when you booted up Red or Blue for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

File: Kanto_starters_I.png (179KB, 529x294px) Image search: [Google]
Kanto_starters_I.png
179KB, 529x294px
Who'd you pick when you booted up Red or Blue for the first time and why?
>>
Bulbasaur because it was cute
>>
Bulbasaur because it was healthier.
>>
Squirtle because I really enjoy swimming
>>
Charmander because I thought it was a dinosaur
>>
My first Pokemon game was LeafGreen
I remember agonizing it for an hour or two and settling on Bulbasaur
>>
Squirtle, because I loved the color blue and I took pride in the fact that I only drank water
>>
>>32602918
I only drank water when I was a kid, but I was more embarrassed of it than anything else.
I remember my bro audibly telling the teacher I didn't drink sodas and everyone in the class room looking at me. 5th grade man, why was it so weird?
>>
>>32602854
Does Charmander have a spike on his back?
>>
>>32602854

Charmander, I was six and liked dragons.
>>
I really like bulbasaur, but I start to hate it when I hear someone preaching about how it's the best Kanto starter because it's super effective against the first two gyms (which seems to happen everywhere except here, or maybe I'm missing those threads).

Anyway I chose charmander for autistic reasons.
>>
>>32602906
underageban
>>
Charmander because I found out about the game through an older kid who had a Charizard, which I thought looked cool. Then I restarted the game to pick Bulbasaur
>>
File: 99999999.jpg (196KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
99999999.jpg
196KB, 1600x1200px
Squirtle because my two friends who were playing started with Charmander. This was 99 or 2000 IIRC.
>>
I don't even remember. I do remember it being a sunny day outside though and I was trying to figure out how to make the original gameboy screen visible though.
>>
>>32602854
I never had Red or Blue. FireRed however Bulbasaur.
>>
Squirtle because I love turtles. Plus Charmander looked too mean and Bulbasaur is Bulbasaur.
>>
>>32603063
It's the best early game AND late game because of toxic/leech seed abuse. GOAT starter
>>
As long as people realise Squirtle is objectively the best in-game in RB, it doesn't matter. People can pick whatever they like.
>>
>>32603934
>Squirtle
>not Bulba
objectively wrong
>>
Charmander. Because I was in middle school and rumor was it turned into a giant dragon or something.
>>
>>32602854
Charmander 'cause I liked it from the anime. Bulbasaur is my choice as an adult, though.
>>
>>32603934
I HATE Bulabasaur, but this guy is right
>>32603944
SE against Brock and Misty, Resist Lt. Surge, you have tons of options by the time you hit Erika.
>>
Charmander if you were an alpha kid
Squirtle if you were a smart kid
Bulbasaur if you were a cuck
>>
>>32605257
I'm definitely not Alpha and I picked Charmander.
>>
File: 1495533882267.jpg (37KB, 600x421px) Image search: [Google]
1495533882267.jpg
37KB, 600x421px
I started on Silver on my birthday. I must have been maybe 8 or 9.
Walking through the Chuck E. Cheese parking lot, my eyes were glued to the screen. I was a poor kid and it was my first handheld and 2nd console over all. I had been a Pokemon addict for a couple years at that point. The Kids WB show mostly, cards I'd collected for free from other kids, several small toys like this bouncey ball with a Mew in it, a Pokeball on a string with an Electabuzz figure, and a Blastoise doll my dad won me from a claw mahcine. Still have that doll, my son plays with it.
Anyway my favorite was Bulbasaur. The one in the anime had a good personality. I wanted the grass stater, but I ended up picking Cyndaquil. I think I did that because my cousin had a Feraligatr and I felt like I had to make some sort of rival, honor, statement?
First wild catch was a Ledyba.
>>
>>32605257
Charmander if you liked hanging around boys
Squirtle if you liked hanging around girls
Bulbasaur if you didn't like hanging around
>>
>>32602854
Squirtle, because I liked it the most. I used only Blastoise through to the very end.
>>
>>32602854
Charmander, because I believed that the character on the box was the one you had to start with and Charmander just happened to be the first ball on the table. I never checked the others because it never occurred to me that they weren't all Charmander.
>>
>>32605362

I did this as well. I also picked Blue, so the box with Blastoise on it probably influenced my choice.
>>
>>32602854
>cartridge is blue
>most of my classmates picked bulbasaur
>picked charmander for max contrarianism
>>
Squirtle because everybody else picked charmander and water beats fire.
>>
>>32602854
Squirtle because everyone I knew loved Charmander, and I knew water beat fire and I wanted to win.
>>
>>32602967
pretty much the same for me, except I was seven when I got red.
>>
>>32602967
But Charmander isn't a dragon
>>
File: 1457504024895.jpg (76KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1457504024895.jpg
76KB, 682x1024px
Squirtle because I already had played Yellow and Brock gave me trouble so I wanted to make sure I'll beat him.
>>
File: 1296987421254.png (275KB, 640x453px) Image search: [Google]
1296987421254.png
275KB, 640x453px
>>32605831
Dragons are Lizards. Lizards aren't Dragons?
>>
>>32605849
>Charizard (Japanese: リザードン Lizardon) is a dual-type Fire/Flying Pokémon introduced in Generation I.
It evolves from Charmeleon starting at level 36. It is the final form of Charmander. It can Mega Evolve into two forms: Mega Charizard X using Charizardite X and Mega Charizard Y using Charizardite Y.
Charizard is the game mascot of Pokémon Red and FireRed Versions.

I see no dragon
>>
>>32605857
I see Lizard. And Lizards are Dragons. I'm sorry for this truth
>>
>>32605857
Also the mega evolution is a dragon type. Im sorry for busting your hopes and dreams
>>
Charmander because I was a naive bab
>>
>>32603934
>>32605224
Keep in mind that you can catch a Dugtrio around lv. 30 in Diglett Cave and OHKO everything after it with Dig, Slash or Earthquake.
>>
>>32605901
I remember catching a diglett level 18 and grinding him to like 24 there. Then I saw a 31 Dugtrio and I saw like wth. I cought it and one-shot raichu. It was very anticlimactic
>>
>>32602854
Bulbasaur because I liked it and it was the least popular at school.

>>32602918
>>32602940
That's still me today except I sometime add things to my water like coffee beans and tea leaves to add a little extra flavour.
>>
File: 004Charmander_RG.png (175KB, 357x407px) Image search: [Google]
004Charmander_RG.png
175KB, 357x407px
>>32602965
Here's Charmander's original artwork from Red and Green. That artwork in the OP came out later during Generation I.
>>
>>32602854
Squirtle, because I liked the idea of a turtle with cannons on its back. And because I've always had good taste, even as a kid.
>>
I don't remember but not Bulbasauretty
>>
>>32602854
Bulbasaur.

Always start with #001.

Always.
>>
>>32602854
Squirtle because everyone was picking Charmander and I was a shitty contrarian.
>>
I believe I picked Charmander my very first time playing blue. Though, I always consider Squirtle to be my go to, Canon starter. I was born in 1993, I'm 23 now, and I did play the Pokemon games in order. So I must have barely been able to read or anything when I first played. I don't think I ever beat the game with Charmander. In fact I think I got Charmeleon then traded it to my friend for Muk. This was in first grade so I must have been five. I do remember owning a Charizard, but that's probably because of Pokemon Yellow more than me actually picking Charizard ever.

Anyways, I don't really remember anything about my very first Charmander run. But I do remember having a level 100 Blastoise and how awesome he was and how he was my favorite. So my answer is technically Charmander, but really I am a Squirtle kid.
>>
>>32603106
You ever think there were meta enough guys that picked Bulbasaur to counter the Squirtle-trolls who picked Squirtle to counter all the Charmanders?
>>
>>32602854
The first time I booted up Blue it was someone else's game and they had Blastoise, and were around Cinnabar Island.
I did pick Squirtle the first time I played it and could have my own save file, though.
>>
File: 1493966845446.jpg (17KB, 436x425px) Image search: [Google]
1493966845446.jpg
17KB, 436x425px
>start Pokemon with my two best friends
>There's three of us, it's perfect, we can form the perfect trio
>They both pick Charmander

FUCK
OFF
>>
>>32602854
Bulbasaur because literally no one had a Venusaur back then cause blast and char were the coolest choices, so venusaur looked "rarer" and "more powerful"

I liked how it always critted with razor leaf, and how it evolved way sooner than the other two.

I'm a grassfag since gen I
>>
I picked squirtle. Then I dropped it after the first gym. Beedrill was pretty much my starter in Blue anyways.
>>
>>32602854
Buldasaur line since my cousins picked zard and blastoise
>>
>>32607591
>not using both

?????? THEY ARE BOTH BROS ???????
>>
>>32602854
I had yellow.

I never made that choice until FR and LG.

Moment in which I picked Squirtle.
>>
>>32602854
Charmander cause fire but was a retarded kindergardener who didn't know how to catch pokemon so I ended up restarting my game after meeting brock to use squirtle and only squirtle that entire fucking game.
>>
>>32603067
That game came out 13 years ago
>>
>>32602854
Bulbasaur, because I didn't know what the fuck this game was that my friend lent me and he said Bulbasaur was who I should start with because it was grass and poison.
>>
>>32602854
I picked squirtle because turtles are cool. Didn't realize at the time that charmander would be the only fire starter I'd ever like until infernape, who will probably be the last fire starter I'll like until the inevitable fire snake.
>>
>>32607175
Try putting frozen fruit (like strawberries) in your water instead of ice cubes this summer. Be sure to eat it before it gets soggy and gross, but it makes the water flavorful. I personally don't like it that much, but I still like it every once in a while.
>>
>>32603944
No, he's objectively correct. Water-types are busted as fuck in Gen 1 since Dugtrio smears all of the Electric-types running around and is extremely easy to find and catch.

Conversely you can simply take a detour and skip Surge since his gym just gives Fly access.
>>
>>32602854
I chose squirtle, because I liked turtles a lot and it was cute.
>>
>>32602854
Even though I got Red Version as a gift and Charizard was on the cover, I picked Squirtle because I knew water types learned ice moves which are good on grass types. Funny how I had a strategy so deep for a kid like that but didn't think to use anybody but my starter, ending up stuck in Victory Road with an OP Blastoise and 5 other shitmons.
>>
Charmander because I liked lizards when I was a kid.
>>
>>32602854
Squirtle because turtles are my jam and he's kawaii.
>>
Squirtle because I hate fire and Bulbasaur looks ass.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.