/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did these sell so well? Was it normies/nintendrones who have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: shit.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
Why did these sell so well? Was it normies/nintendrones who have literally zero standards?
>>
File: yawn.png (72KB, 300x285px) Image search: [Google]
yawn.png
72KB, 300x285px
>>32600247
>>
The best marketing Pokemon has ever had plus riding the Pokemon Go wave
>>
>>32600247
Pokemon GO
>>
>>32600247
You people make me sick. It started out as poking fun and meming about the game's shortcomings but rotted into perfunctory shitposting. Get a life.
>>
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/search/image/YPQhtYMiYm567heGIEKXLA/
>202 results found
TWO
HUNDRED
AND
TWO

you have made this exact thread TWO HUNDRED AND TWO TIMES
>>
>>32600247
Because they say 'Pokemon' on them.
>>
>Actually polished the 3D overworld, grid is totally gone, no more awkward "sort of a grid but not quite"
>Not the biggest amount of new Pokemon but still a handful of great ones
>Finally tried something instead of Gyms that actually felt nicer with the flow of gameplay
>Comfy region and atmosphere
>Some nice new battle mechanics
>Actual story with some actual effort put into it
>Awesome music
>Battle facility less good than the Frontier but better than Maison
>Online connectivity less good than the PSS but still gets the job done

Zero standards my ass. It isn't perfect but it sure as hell isn't garbage. Still was the most enjoyable gen for me since the journey actually didn't feel pointless, and Trials were a breath of fresh air. Some of the smaller things were annoying like the loss of the PSS, and the non-expressive player(which nobody complained about in Gen 6) but they weren't big enough to dampen the overall experience.
>>
>>32600247
Herr durr the games weren't bad wahh wahh. Is this what you want out of your life son?
>>
>>32600247
>leave /vp/ for a month
>come back
>same boxart clone threads
>the same torterra guy/artificial starterwars guy is still here
>people still plopping wars about the gen 7 starters every time they get even a slight mention
As expected I guess.
>>
>>32600276
Stop falling for bait.
>>
>>32600337
>better than Maison
>>
>>32600247
It's called marketing. Before the games came out we all thought they were going to be the best entries in the franchise.
>>
>>32600371
Calling something bait doesn't fix shit. It's the same spam every day but all you do is slap a different label on it by calling it bait -- it's still blatant shitposting.

Bait mentality is cancerous and lets retards think they're welcome to speak their mind and call timeout (bait) when someone actually retaliates. You flood the board with unsuppressed stupidity that way.
>>
>>32600337
>Finally tried something instead of Gyms that actually felt nicer with the flow of gameplay
Hahahahahahhaha

They put as much effort into it as DP and XY.

It's literally Maison.

Being THIS apologetic.
>>
>>32600260
>>32600330
>pokebarneyfag
>/vp/ is one person
I know you hate pokebarneyfag but these posts aren't any less autistic
>>
>>32600247
Still better than ORAS. Post feet or GTFO
>>
>>32600410
It really depends on which you value more: amount of content or challenge. Maison has Triple and Rotations Battles that are not present in Battle Tree but the AI trainers never really use any threatening sets and you pretty much always lose to RNG. The Battle Tree trainers on the other hand use Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves so they are much more capable of simply overpowering you without the help of RNG. Anyone who has played both Maison and Tree knows that Tree is a LOT more challenging.
>>
>>32600436
post feet
>>
>>32600247
The worst part of this generation? all the people who think this is /v/.
>>
>>32600337
>better than maison

it is literally the exact same fucking thing as the Maison only you can't do Triples/Rotations anymore.
>>
>>32600247
You realize pokemon is one of the most normie fandoms compared to many other ones right?
>>
File: Feels Smart Man.jpg (54KB, 680x598px) Image search: [Google]
Feels Smart Man.jpg
54KB, 680x598px
genuine answer: people can't know how bad they are b4 they buy them
>>
>>32601563
>piratefag and leakfag here
>disagrees
>>
promotion, they showed almost all the new pokemons
>>
>>32600247
I pirated those anyway so I can't really complain
>>
File: WRONG.jpg (25KB, 480x309px) Image search: [Google]
WRONG.jpg
25KB, 480x309px
>>32600337
>Actually polished the 3D overworld, grid is totally gone, no more awkward "sort of a grid but not quite"
Awkward camera lag. Characters too tall.

>Not the biggest amount of new Pokemon but still a handful of great ones
Very sparse in the environment.

Gyms are something that doesn't need overhauling. There was no flow, you just walk along a linear path and then they interrupt you with a Pokémon or a Team Skull member or dialogue. It would be alright but they act like you're trying to complete a challenge, but you have no control over anything you do. There were also a couple that were like fetch quests. The Marowak thing wasn't a puzzle it was just a lazy way of shoving 3 battles into the challenge. Give me sliding puzzles and teleports.

>Comfy region and atmosphere
unlovable, kalos has more soul

>Some nice new battle mechanics
Didn't bother with Starry Night. No mega Solrock/Lunatone.

yeah

>Awesome music
There's only so many time I can stand to hear "Heeyasdljkfnsdfklsdfaslaey".

ok

plaza is confusing and has pointless features

>Zero standards my ass. It isn't perfect but it sure as hell isn't garbage. Still was the most enjoyable gen for me since the journey actually didn't feel pointless,
You're not journeying. You're being lead along the path the elders want you to take. You have no agency. You don't earn the ability to travel; it's given to you when your overlords permit you to go somewhere new. Some of the roadblocks were so bad like the selfish lady with her Stoutland.
>>
>>32600337
trials are literally gyms with one strong pokemon instead of multiple average pokemon
>>
File: 1483063338341.png (629KB, 825x571px) Image search: [Google]
1483063338341.png
629KB, 825x571px
>>32600247
because
>International release
Now that japan doesn't get games first anymore, we don't know that the game is shit until after we've bought it

>Digital release
The rise of digital distribution makes it impossible to return a shitty game if you downloaded it

>Pokemon name
Pokemon will never not be profitable. If it was going to slow down it would've done so already. Star Wars is a 40 year old franchise that still shits out money. WB can't make a superhero flick to save it's life but they're gonna keep doing it because the comic properties they own have been holding their own for the better part of a century. You just attach a big name to something and wait for the money to start pouring in

>Nerds
Nerds are the most lucrative of all target markets. They will spend money on whatever stupid shit you put in front of them. If it wasn't profitable to sell chintzy shit as Preorder Bonuses or in LootCrates then people wouldn't do it. Since companies know that we'll buy anything there's not much incentive to put out a decent product. The people who made No Man's Sky were counting on this but underestimated the power of Steam's refund policy and twittershaming, so it's not a foolproof strategy
>>
File: 58598392.jpg (23KB, 353x280px) Image search: [Google]
58598392.jpg
23KB, 353x280px
>>32600330
>>
>>32600337
>Still was the most enjoyable gen for me since the journey actually didn't feel pointless,

Weird this is the first game where I felt my journey really was pointless.
I didn't think it was possible for the simple story structure to take a quality drop, but they actually proved me wrong.

At least the music was nice, yes.
>>
Trailer Hype combined with Gen 1 Pandering fueled by Pokemon GO on top of Genwunners, with an extra dose of Waifufaggotry thanks to Lillie.
>>
>>32602418
this.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.