[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forget about how you feel about the type itself or the pokemon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: fairy_type_confirmed.png (98KB, 530x292px) Image search: [Google]
fairy_type_confirmed.png
98KB, 530x292px
Forget about how you feel about the type itself or the pokemon.

Was it healthy for the meta?
>>
File: misty.png (542KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
misty.png
542KB, 1024x576px
>>32597533
>Fairy type puts an end to Click Outrage to win: The meta
Do I even need to answer this question? I still wish Grass was immune to Fairy though.
>>
Fairy type was healthy.
Tapu were not.
>>
>>32597533
Yes
>>
>>32597533
Making them immune to dragon was a mistake.

If anything they should have buffed the ice type and made that into the dragonslayer type instead. Fairy taking that role is just retarded, since they are already good at so many other things.
>>
>>32597538
>Fairy type puts an end to Click Outrage to win: The meta
Which could've been solved by, I dunno, nerfing Outrage.
>>
>>32597538
Couldn't they just, you know, nerf outrage?

They fucked up Fighting and Dark without need. Psychic, Grass, Bug and Ice got indirectly fucked.

They tried to buff Poison and Steel offensively and now you are obliged to use a shit coverage move just for Fairy.

Just for one single move, they made balance even worse than it was. Fairy is now the OP type, it has nearly no downside

Fairy should get a weakness from a commonly used attacking type (fire, water, grass, ground...) and more types should resist it.
>>
There's only 3 fighting types in OU cause of it, 2 of them are megas.
>>
>>32597533
I don't mind the new type, but why do they hate bug and ice so much. Why did they nerf bug for no reason.
>>
>>32597533
Ice should have been buffed instead.

I think it's silly to introduce a new type that late.

It also creates problems like say I want to buff poison. I'd have it be SE against fighting before but fairy already nerfed fighting so that would be going overboard but poison is still shit.

Fuck fairies.
>>
>>32597594
Back to 90 BP?
>>
>>32597605
and dark
a lot of darks that would be viable otherwise are now shitmons everywhere you go b/c dark/fighting was one of the better type combos and the rest of the dual types are slow or something to go along with it

dark poison is pretty amazing now but then drapion is not all that great

lotta darks are either held back by speed, movepool, fairy, or all three
>>
>>32597594
>without need
>Fighting Types ruled over Gen 5
>Steel lost dark resist in Gen 6
>>
File: sylveon evil machine by Penga.jpg (894KB, 1411x835px) Image search: [Google]
sylveon evil machine by Penga.jpg
894KB, 1411x835px
>>32597538
>>32597586
There is the fact that steel resists dragon.

>>32597569
>>32597594
Agreed.

There are so few resists (Fire and steel only!) and so few weaknesses. Even worse, poison and steel are risky to run on a team. If you just get a single coverage move it may not be enough to kill it if it's boosted.

Fairy is cancer.
>>
>>32597698
you do realize dark is about as frail as ice with only sp and foul play serving them any justice
>>
>fixed Clefable
>buffed poison types inherently
>made steel better offensively

I like fairy types. Just wish they got hit by bug and fire for 1x dmg instead of 1/2 dmg
>>
File: 1494191147034.jpg (210KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1494191147034.jpg
210KB, 1224x1445px
>>32597586
Do you realize how retarded this sounds? You do realize that Outrage locks you into that one move and causes confusion at the end on top of that, which might not even last the full three turns, right? Do you also believe Draco Meteor should be nerfed to, oh idk, 110 BP?
>>
>>32597723
Have you forgotten the days of Knock Off already? This was probably the most common move of its heyday.
>>
>>32597789
You're confused. It's Fairy that hits Fire at 0.5x power.
>>
Absolutely not.
Their definition of balancing is the Blizzard way where they just introduce something even more broken to nerf the previously broken things.

Pretty much every single Fairy type in the game is a competitively viable Pokemon in some way or another and a big chunk of the Pokemon in the higher tiers have the only job of countering this type.
>>
>>32597688
For example, or just make it last 2 turns, or leave it 120 and 2-3 turns but confuse the user after the first Outrage
>>
>>32597837
Knock Off wasn't so good prior to Gen VI
>>
Yes. If fairies weren't a thing, how would you deal with all of the fighting types carrying newly buffed Knock Off for near perfect coverage when Steel doesn't resist it? Fighting's still pretty common with Fairies around. Look at Timburr and Mienfoo dominating Little Cup and tell me Fighting type is hurting. Dark was never super offensive to begin with(pre-Knock Off, 80 BP Crunch and 70 BP Night Slash aren't as scary as 120 BP Outrages, 102 BP Returns, and 120 BP Close Combats) especially considering how many status moves it started off with and that most offensive dark types are dual typed. The offensive Dark types use their secondary STABs and the defensive ones peg the fairies with a status move on switch in. Also, without fairies, why would you ever run a poison or steel move that isn't STAB? They only hit grass and rock otherwise, and both of those have a ton of other more commonplace weaknesses. Before Gen 6, how many times did you encounter a Tyranitar and think "forget Earthquake, I'm using Iron Tail!" or "this Shaymin's a problem. I should put Sludge Bomb on X for coverage"? Immunity to Dragon's the only questionable thing IMO, but take a look at who got fairy typing and think about what resisted Dragon hits from the threats they could take. Tapus are annoying, but it's clear Fairy's not the main cause when the only exclusive thing they have are terrain setting and Bulu and Koko don't even get Play Rough and remain as used as they are.
>>
It was healthy back when Fairies were limited in number and their mons weren't strong enough to warrant significant shifts in teambuilding by themselves. But as it is now they made Steel types indirectly even more broken than they were before because they're actually decent offensively now.
>>
>>32597817
>You do realize that Outrage locks you into that one move and causes confusion at the end on top of that, which might not even last the full three turns, right?

And it was considered OP anyway, so clearly there's a problem.
>>
>>32598065
The problem was that its users were broken, not the move itself
>Dragon Dance'd, and later Mega'd, Salamence
>Garchomp
>Multiscale Dragonite
>>
>>32597934
Pretty good postt.
>>
>>32598109
It was not a problem until it had its BP buffed to 120 for no reason other than power creep for the sake of power creep.
>>
>>32598135
Are you trying to tell me Thrash's weak-ness is justified when something like Return exists? 90 BP is no reward at all for drawbacks I listed earlier, even if it is stronger than Dragon Claw. I will always agree that GF needs to do a better job of balancing, but in this case, boosting it above 100 BP was not a bad decision in itself.
>>
>>32598149
>Thrash

Unlike Outrage (which almost every user of it gains STAB off of), Thrash has poor distribution. Let's see, what Normal-types can make use of Thrash?

Dodrio, Tauros, Ursaring, Stantler, Spinda, Bouffalant, Braviary, Gumshoos, Bewear, Komala
Oh boy, better call in the nerf bat! We don't want these dominant threats overtaking the entirety of OU!

>90 BP is no reward at all for drawbacks I listed earlier

Then the move itself is flawed and should be thought over again. Dragon was already a stupidly good offensive type. This is clearly a case of the strong getting stronger, I repeat, for no reason other than "lol dragons are cool and should be the strongest".
>>
>>32598208
And like I said earlier, the /main/ issue is who was making use of Outrage. If the dragons who got the most mileage out of it were worse, then Outrage would not be as much of an issue. I also should mention that Outrage existed prior to the Physical/Special split, so it was not as good back then.

Now, Dragon does have more license to just wave its moves around without getting punished because of its so few resistances as opposed to Normal. This disparity is indicative of a deep rooted trouble in Pokemon itself and to proceed further with this issue would be to stray from the current topic.
>>
>>32597594
Make it weak to Fire, and Ice and Rock resist it
>>
I think it's fine
>b-but my metagame we made up is ruined!!
But fairy allows us to diversify the metagame, and allows other things to rise up. By making it resist common types, lesser types can rise up a bit and be used.
but that hasn't happened, because smogoncucks are losers and refuse to change anything
>>
>>32597533
Complete cancer and shilled by Gamefreak, I'm the only person on this entire board that realises Gamefreak wants to shill this horrendous type to hell and back. When they made Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Flamethrower useless with the nerf guess what they kept at 95 base power while the rest were fucked over with 90? Moonblast.

Also Poison types and Steel types are completely fucking useless offensively and most Fairy types can easily counter or stall them out anyway.
>>
>>32599659
So your saying its Smogon's fault fairy type is OP?
>>
>>32597533
Yes, but nerfing weather, nerfing steel's resistances, and buffing Knock Off were more significant. Fairy mostly just saved Clefable from being a shtimon and made Azumarill a lot better back in gen-6, and the type itself isn't broken ingen-7, just that they made Tapus with stupidly good stats and abilities. It did a good job keeping Fighting in check (needed to happen, Fighting or Dragon was like half the good pokemon for while, and the other half were mostly Water and Steel) and put a damper on Dragons too.
>>
>>32597594
Dark is better than it's ever been retard.
>>
yes but it should have been weak to psychic to not make them completly irrelevant offensively
>>
>>32597934
>Timburr
>Mienfoo
>Little Cup
>good representation of the entire meta
>only viable fighting types are either part-bug UBs or Megas
Kys
>>
It probably was healthy to the meta, but I think it wasn't necessary to create a new type for it.
They could have just given the resists the fairy type has to ice and other previously existing types that need some love.
Adding a new type is great for marketing though and that's probably the reason why they did it. "New type!" sounds better in an ad than "Rebalanced old types!".
>>
>>32600099
>Says fighting types aren't viable as a whole when Pheromosa was banned from OU despite all of the Marowaks.
>Acts like that's fairy type's fault fighting has problems when Alolan Marowak's everywhere.
>Neglects to mention Mega Metagross not fearing Knock Off and outspeeding for OHKO Zen Headbutts.
>Doesn't mention Talonflame pre-nerf scaring fighting types with Brave Bird.
>Most UBs and Megas are UU or higher, implying those 2 formats are the only ones in response to a "meta as a whole" statement.

>Expects me to name every good fighting type with a post as long as it is already.
>Says only viable fighting types are either part-bug UBs or Megas.
>Ignores common AV Conkeldurr, Hitmontop in doubles, Lucario in UU, Machamp's No Guard Dynamicpunches, Tanky ass Bewears, Unburden Hawlucha late game cleaners, Mienshao either Regenerating with U-Turn or using Reckless High Jump Kicks, Hitmonlee doing the latter, Brelooms with Technician sets or Spore shenanigans, Infernapes, the Swords of Justice, and also the fucking Pseudo is fighting type.

Yeah, okay buddy. I'll kms right after you get your head out of your ass to see me do it.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.