[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think there will ever be a time you stop playing Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 300px-Three_Island.png (149KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Three_Island.png
149KB, 300x500px
Do you think there will ever be a time you stop playing Pokemon? Can you imagine picking up a game that you haven't touched decades from now and not remembering a good amount of it? Would be pretty cool to kind of play a game like new again.

Personally, I feel like I would have to play a Pokemon game when I am like 70 to forget most of its contents. But at the same time, I can't see myself ever stopping from playing these damn games.

Thoughts?
>>
this is depressing
>>
I forgot almost everything about the Sinnoh games
I hated them even more playing them now
>>
>>32596555
I've already stopped, but I still keep up with the news. I don't even own a 3ds.
>>
>>32596555
Honestly, I'm at the point where I could stop as early as next Gen, due to the series drifting away from
>>
I usually become obsessed with a game/franchise until I burn out and stop playing for months/years. So whatever.
>>
I can definitely see myself stopping some time soon. I've been playing pokemon quite literally for my entire life; I genuinely unironically like every single pokemon game, but recently the series has been getting away from what I fell in love with in the first place. I blame ohmori.

>Do you think there will ever be a time you stop playing Pokemon?
If a pokemon game comes out on a console I'm going to drop the series. If it gets any easier than sm I'll likely consider dropping the series. If the the next games have the same amount of unskippable cutscenes / tutorials built in to them I'll likely drop the series. I could barely stand the teachy tv guy; having to play for an hour just to reach a pokemon center is inexcusable in my eyes. Playing through sm for just the second time is painful, they've really killed the replayability in sm.

I'm not a hard guy to please. I gladly play the same game for decades and pay out my ass for multiple copies no sweat. But it seems in recent years gamefreak is really trying my patience with the pacing and systematic elimination of level grinding and everything else that makes pokemon a jrpg.
>>
>>32596555
Pokemon only occupied 1 period of my childhood, which was gen 2. I was into other things during gen 1 and have been largely absent for gens 3-5, only having played some spin offs and the gen 2 remakes. Frankly, my real interest is only now started.
>>
>>32596555
I doubt it, pokemon is the only thing that entertains me these days.
>>
File: 1465257675603.jpg (144KB, 1066x800px) Image search: [Google]
1465257675603.jpg
144KB, 1066x800px
No... Even though I've been disappointed by the past few games I'm to in love with the characters and world to ever want to stop playing
>>
>>32596555
>decades from now
W-wow, slow down!
>>
File: 1494284341264.png (43KB, 323x207px) Image search: [Google]
1494284341264.png
43KB, 323x207px
>>32596555
That's actually happening to me with Sinnoh because I have really bad memory. I only played through Diamond once back in 2007 and never played it since. From mid 2007 - early 2010 I stopped playing Pokemon all together getting back into the series with HGSS and I've still never played through a Sinnoh title in a decade. At this point I'm just waiting on the remakes because it will be interesting to go into a remake with zero expectations and hardly any memories.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.