[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon from the Generation I who haven't received an ounce

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: pokemans_055[1].gif (10KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pokemans_055[1].gif
10KB, 600x600px
Pokémon from the Generation I who haven't received an ounce of love for 20 years.
>>
Kingler
>>
File: 086.png (127KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
086.png
127KB, 475x475px
Seel, the literally who Pokémon
>>
File: 250px-049Venomoth.png (47KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-049Venomoth.png
47KB, 250x250px
Considering it and Venonat are the only non-fossil, non-legendary Generation I Pokémon to never appear in another regional dex (I think), this guy is a good contender.
>>
>>32593366
This one is debaateable since Ash had one in the anime, however briefly.
>>
File: ue8rMKR[1].png (255KB, 1864x568px) Image search: [Google]
ue8rMKR[1].png
255KB, 1864x568px
>>
>>32593322
>>32593366
>>32593368
agreed
best golduck got from gf was calm mind in gen 4 and scald like most of water mons
could have learned nasty plot by this point

masuda's fav line got zero buffs, woah

also kingler getting some nice shit like cross chop or whatever would be nice. anything to compete with crawdaunt and clawitzer since those two have much better movepools and abilities

seel and spheal need more cross species egg moves
dewgong passes ice shard and aqua jet to spheal and walrein passes belly drum to seel

>>32593389
venomoth is pretty good
has top tier abilities and a very nice movepool and isn't necessary walled since it can pass quiver dance to a teammate
even got a good recovery move
also best moth/butterfly mon with volcarona
but seriously i'd use it in any ingame run if it was avaible early, shit is powerful and needs no breeding to be good, even low power attacks are strong on it usually

i'd add sandslash that still cannot set spikes or toxic spikes there
wigglytuff for being one of the worst counterparts despite the "buffs" (to clefable)
and seaking which got robbed of sword dance since gen 2 and is in general one of the most boring and mediocre mons since gen 1

also tauros
it deserves more like sword dance or a mega
>>
>>32593404
Still has. It just never shows up anymore but it's still with Professor Oak
>>
File: IMG_7845.png (257KB, 580x448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7845.png
257KB, 580x448px
>>32593322
Green has one in pokespe. So there's that at least.
>>
>>32593487
>persian still cannot learn quick attack and sucker punch like the rest of cats
I still can't get over it.

Arcanine gets buffs in its movepool and abilities gen after gen.

Dragonite got buffs through abilities and moves too (>Dratini and Onix still cannot Coil), Omastar got Shell Smash and hazards (oddly cannot Rapid Spin unlike Kabutops), Rapidash got some extra coverage. The Nidos became all versatile. Tentacruel has been always a decent mons through the last gens, perma weather, scald, haze, acid spray, clear smog, toxic spikes, rapid spin etc.

Arbok was indeed forgotten despite minor buffs, they have stopped with the regional pattern trend. Machamp's gimmick got nerfed and is now even a more inferior Conkeldurr, also didn't get a mega or a form unlike the other trade evo mons from Kanto. Cloyster is another smasher, a very good one and is all it needs.

I have to agree on Starmie, probably they fact it was always a stable reliable mon fired back in the current power creep, might as well learn Calm Mind without being broken now. Weezing could get HP buffs or a form of a form of recovery. Electrode got extra Speed instead of Sp Atk and Overheat (still luckier than Klinklang). Victreebel is alright, shame Carnivine doesn't evolve from Weepinbell, would fix both BST and movepool and Carnivine could have passed some attacks to Bellsprout maybe.

Finally I wish the legendary birds had access to Calm Mind, would definitely increase their viability considering Pressure and HA like Flame Body would help those sets a lot. They should have an equale influence to the legendary beasts, musketeers, genies and tapus, if not by BST then by movepool and ability. The tapu balance their BST with pseudo extra BST in form of terrains that also help the whole team. Also probably the only legendary/mythical trio that cannot Calm Mind beside the Regi who got Curse instead.
>>
Venonat/Venomoth

aka LITERALLY WHO
>>
>>32593322
Gen 1 in general has gotten enough love for all of them to be satisfied for a lifetime. Let other Pokémon get some attention for once, Gamefreak.
>>
>>32593389
Avaliable pretty early in johto dex 2.
But even wurmple shows up more often
>>
>>32594079
>Wurmple shows up more often
>Gen II
Come on now
>>
>>32594129
He meant in regional dexes, retard.
>>
WHICHEVER ONE GETS POSTED LAST
>>
>>32594129
i don't even know what you think you've pointed out here. he said venonat shows up pretty early in johto dex 2, contrary to what the person he was replying to said of venomoth, but that over the franchise overall even wurmple appears more often than venonat so it maintains being a relatively unloved pokemon.
>>
>>32593322
Golduck has risen a lot in VGC this year, because Kingdra, Ludicolo and Mega Swampert are banned and Drizzle+Swift Swim is still threatening.
>>
probably charizard
>>
>>32593322

He's in every dex except BW1, he's fine.

Hypno and Parasect have gotten jack shit except be in the Alola dex for a change. While I thought there were too many Kanto mons in the Alola dex, I was happy to see these two.
>>
>>32593487

>sideways evo

The fuck? Why not just say split evo? That's the term everyone uses.
>>
>>32593487

>butterfree
>arcanine
>machamp
>dragonite
>lapras
>mew

I'm surprised these mons haven't been given anything at all, considering how popular/iconic they are.
>>
>>32594079
To be fair, every Generation I Pokémon was in Johto's dex.
>>
>>32594292
mew is getting a z move
>>
>>32594292
>Mew
It's been in the title of one movie, the subtitle of another movie, it's the "final boss" of Pokémon Snap, it's a support Pokémon in every Super Smash Bros. game, it's got a very good signature Z-Move, and it's had more event distributions than literally any other Pokémon.
>>
>>32594292
butterfree is the normie "pokemon can be SADDDDD :(((" pokemon from the anime
arcanine is used in competitive a lot for intimidate
machamp is gf's favorite fighting type besides lucario
dragonite is jack of all trades good
lapras has been available in every game besides hoenn
mew has movies, z -moves, events, and is mewtwos little brother

my money is on victreebell
>>
farfetched
tauros
jynx
>>
>>32593487
A few of those with white backgrounds are actually good in the bottom tiers. Tauros and Weezing specifically were very good in Gen 6 NU, and Articuno did fine in PU with that BST and Freeze Dry.
>>
>>32593487
> Nidoking/Queen
What the FUCK where they thinking with this line?
>>
>>32594804
>good in NU/PU
So they can dominate the special olympics. Big whoop.
>>
File: 1471126311091.png (174KB, 359x472px) Image search: [Google]
1471126311091.png
174KB, 359x472px
>>32595390
>not enjoying all tiers
ew
>>
>>32595602
If it's not least good in RU at least it's shit
>>
>kanto
>johto
>hoenn
>sinnoh
>unova
>???
> alola
I cant remember 6th gen regions name wtf is wrong with me
>>
>>32593389
Do tinted lens and quiver dance count?
>>
>>32593552
What about auto weather for the birds? Zapdos would also need hurricane
>>
File: 1494868627109.jpg (29KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
1494868627109.jpg
29KB, 499x498px
>>32595787
It's called repression.

And it's Kalos, btw.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.