[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every generation seems to have a marquee starter that is supposed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 13

Every generation seems to have a marquee starter that is supposed to be hip, cool, and make all of the kids want to use it

> Kanto
Charizard

> Johto
Feraligatr

> Hoenn
Sceptile

> Sinnoh
Infernape

> Unova
Samurott

> Kalos
Greninja
Who the fuck is it supposed to be for Alola? We can rule out Primarina because no one likes it and Ash isn't going to use it in the animu.
>>
>>32592566
Typhlosion and Blaziken were considered the "cool" starters when I was a kid

And Alola is obviously Decidueye
>>
>>32592578
Then why does Incineroar have the highest usage rate?
>>
>>32592583
>highest usage rate
In what? Fucking refresh?
>>
File: IMG_2786.jpg (81KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2786.jpg
81KB, 431x450px
>>32592566
>We can rule out Primarina because no one likes it
>>
>>32592566
Either Decidueye or Incineroar I suppose, it's funny though because all the stats for the junior divisions in Pokémon GL have Primarina way higher than it is for the senior divisions, and it's the only starter who has appeared everytime so far, even in VGC competitions where it's as bad as Decidueye or way worse than Incineroar.
>>
>>32592566
Decidueye, obviously.
>>
>>32592566
Incineroar is the one they're trying to push. The kids all like Decidueye leagues more though.
>>
I'd say Incineroar
>>
>>32592566
>Feraligatr
>Not Typhlosion
I don't like that thing but it's obviously more popular and is shown with the gsc protag in official art/merch and the anime.
>>
>>32592583
>>32592600
>>32592610
>>32592616
Bara delusionals
>>
The final tell will be the anime. Whichever becomes Ash's bro for this generation will be the postermon. I'm guessing it'll be Incineroar.
>>
>>32592626
Adding you to the list >>32592623
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 1200x595px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 1200x595px
>>32592623
This. Even leaked art shows it will be Decidueye
>>
I believe there is an outside chance that they make Primarina the face of sun/moon to appeal to the current liberal hivemind.
>>
>>32592647
But then why did they make its shiny an aryan?
>>
>Not fire starter in any gen
Come on senpaitachi fire types were always overrated. Only one that wasn't was probably Emboar because kiddos finally found out that you can use something that's not fire type
>>
>>32592566
>Feraligatr
>Not Typhlosion
you're very much mistaken
>>
>>32592566
>Who is the coolest starter for sun and moon?

WTF
>>
File: Awkward.png (291KB, 467x281px) Image search: [Google]
Awkward.png
291KB, 467x281px
>>32592771
This!!!
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 472x295px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 472x295px
>>32592775
I love how he always gets the best official art, just goes to show how great his design is.
>>
>>32592566
Girls at my school seem to be 50/50 litten/rowlet while guys are 75/25 rowlet/litten.
Literally noone likes popplio except my mom.
>>
>>32592566
The one /vp/ shits on the most.
>>
>Alola

I think it's all three of them since they all look like they're trying too hard to look cool/cute/strong towards a specific audience.

Primarina? Make it look specifically like a performing sea lion maiden/mermaid, what's there not to like for the little girls. Decidueye? Make it look like some hard-edged smooth silent predator, that'll get the kids that like "cool" and "swift" looking mons. Incineroar? Make it look like a STRONK wrestle mania tiger, of course that might attract the kids that love anything that looks "strong" and "badass".

>But who is the mon that will make all of the kids want to use it

Neither, they all pander way too much to specific audiences. It definitely won't be Primarina, that's for damn sure, unless everyone in the world has "competitive" in mind which in that case, it's the clear winner over the rest, but not by much either.
>>
>people ITT seriously putting personal experience as evidence
Everyone I knew picked Popplio except for one friend who picked Litten, but that obviously isn't an indicator of starter popularity.
>>
>Feraligatr
>not Typhlosion
>>
>>32592623
Oh and there's this guy. What's an alolan starter discussion thread without him
>>
a thread died for this starter war thread in disguise
>>
>>32593082
>in disguise
>>
>>32592796
Do you know how big the world is outside of your high school though?
>>
Friendly reminder GF won't want to push Decidueye which is canonically a beta male and scaredy cat.

Better they encourage kids to be strong, independent, and badass with Incineroar.
>>
>Greninja
>Not Braixen
>>
>>32592566
>Charizard
>Typhlosion
>Blaziken
>Empoleon
>Samurott
>Greninja
>Decidueye

Damn, took them literally 20 years to make a cool grass starter. Chilluns born in '96 could be legally shitposting and drinking alcohols.
>>
File: 16 - 1.gif (412KB, 213x213px) Image search: [Google]
16 - 1.gif
412KB, 213x213px
>>32595934
greninja got its own "evolution" a fuckton of merch and a spot in smash brothers

c'mon now
>>
>>32595964
>Sceptile doesn't exist
>>
what if this gen they wanted to make all 3 being liked?
>>
>>32596089
They failed horribly then.
>>
>samurott

you mean sevperior

also it's decidueye
>>
>>32596330
Serperior is not "hip and cool" at all though.
>>
>>32595889
>Decidueye
>Scaredy cat

This meme.
You do know it only gets In a panic when it's caught off guard. OFF GUARD!

And since the Dec says it multiple times, it's not because they can't stop it, it's because they were born like that, it's in their nature, they can't stop nor control it. It's natural reaction. Like incineroar being brutally evil.

But out side of that little problem, what exactly else do you got as proof that Decidueye is a scary cat. Go on say it. In the Dec it says that it goes fight other pokemons. And uses it's skills and tactics to beat them with out running away or fearing them. Your acting as if Decidueye is like wimpod.

And is it really that bad when you think about it. At least Decidueye doesn't need people cheering for him continuously for him to fight his fullest. Cough cough the previously mentioned incineroar cough cough.
>>
>>32597313
hasn't all of ash's grass starters besides snivy be an emotional mess at one point?
>>
>>32592796
enjoy your ban
>>
File: 1494266153555s.jpg (3KB, 125x100px) Image search: [Google]
1494266153555s.jpg
3KB, 125x100px
>>32595889
So let's read this together now children.

>Barafags think that incineroar is the shill Mon because it's in the new movie, and getting more action figures then the owl because of movie hype premonition. And They actually think this kind of special treatment is going to last all season long until gen 7 is over. But they forget that they are getting special treatment in the, and let me quote this,still in the first season of the series.

So kids, judging from the book how do you think it's going to end up, or who do you think is going to get BTFOed the most, the barafags or the night dogfags, choose wisely.
>>
>>32597358
...or it could be regional.

US: dog
Jap: cat

Just use the mon that suits the region more. Tada!
>>
Why do people still not think that inferape nor sceptile where the shill mons of their respective generations?
>>
>>32592566
ash greninja wins alola
>>
>>32597358
>And They actually think this kind of special treatment is going to last all season long until gen 7 is over
Any proof to support the special treatment not lasting?
>>
File: Usage Stats All Battles.png (638KB, 926x2062px) Image search: [Google]
Usage Stats All Battles.png
638KB, 926x2062px
Mimikyu has been the uncontested #1 on Battle Spot (pic related is all formats combined) AND Merch Sales since the beginning!

Damn, that's impressive!

I wonder if it means anything!
>>
>>32597401
It means that it's the best and most successful Pikaclone up to date, it's getting its fair attention in the anime too, being Team Rocket's ace.
>>
>>32597390
>Zoruarak
After his movie passed, they stoped treating him like a special Mon all together.

Same thing here.
>>
>>32597422
>him
>>
>>32597422
That's an example, not a proof.
How did you know it's going to happen to Incineroar/Lycanroc? They're not event exclusive and are easily obtained, unlike Zoroark.
>>
>>32597390
>Blaziken
At the beginning it was the center of attention, it made an appearance before ash went to hoenn. And hell even at the beginning of XY, it got it's mega first and made a anime appearance. But at the end, it was left we with a side character, and bearly did anything the whole entire XY series, on the other hand sceptile played a bigger role, being a owned by a character that was ash's rival.
What's your point.
>>
>>32592566
Feels good being a contrarian. I deliberately exclude the shillmon starter from consideration and almost always end up picking the starter that later down the line becomes the undisputed cool Pokemon after the dust has settled. My main bitch Torterra is the biggest example of this.
>>
>>32597450
Oh I didn't mentioned how blaziken got overshadowed in the beginning. It's simple, ash didn't get torchik, but obtained a treecko, it was his only starter, and it fully evolved and became the shill Mon.
>>
>>32597450
Blaziken helped save Kalos. Your post is invalid.
>>
>>32597450
Again, this is an example, not a proof.
If you don't have proof to back up your claims, don't use them as legitimate arguments.
>>
File: mgnfD.png (739KB, 1280x931px) Image search: [Google]
mgnfD.png
739KB, 1280x931px
>>32597466
Except unlike most starters in the anime, it managed to reach its final evolutionary stage, and was owned and frequently used by the main character May.
>>
>>32597493
It's the only companion starter to fully evolve too.
>>
>>32592566
Charizard
Typhlosion
Sceptile
Infernape
Serperior
Greninja
Decidueye
>>
>>32595934
I agree. Delphox rules!!
>>
>>32597524
How is Serperior hip and cool? As much of a failed attempt as it is, Samurott matches the OP description much better
>>
>>32597524
>6/7 are my starters
This is triggering my autism.
>>
>>32597390
>Torttera
Or just
>turtwig

Lets see, back then people actually thought that turtwig was the next shill Mon, of course people didn't say that word because it wasn't invented yet, (it think, I wasn't really in vp at the moment DP series was going on to know. So bitch slap me if I'm wrong.) But out side of it. People where complaining that after getting sceptile a cool grass starter from last gen, they where mad that turtwig was the one getting special treatment in DP, turtwig was literally OP as a turtwig. It had impressive feets, it solod roarks crainydosI/rampardos even tho it know flamethrower. Apparently turtwig was conciderd fast. Ash even diced to take a full episode to help it Learn one move energy ball. Turtwig was a special snowflake, even Paul himself had a fully evolved torterra. it even evolved way before chimchar did. it was the only starter ash caught, his rival Paul had a chimchar, so they thought it was going to be like a red and blue rivalry, where the MC has a pokemon that his rival was strong against type wise, hell they even had a battle, it was a draw. So they thought that's where the story was going.

But at the end inferape was the faster and cooler one. And got all the attention at the end while tortrra got knocked out by a drapion. And Paul didn't even bother to bring his own torterra in the leaug. Torterra shill moment got broken when chimchar evolved into a monferno. So I'm expecting the same shit in gen 7. I mean it's already happening now.
>>
>>32597469
>Sceptile didn't
>>
File: Starters.png (278KB, 759x494px) Image search: [Google]
Starters.png
278KB, 759x494px
>>32597543
Serperior is a smug, royal snake. That's clearly the "cool" type. That's how I saw them, and that's how I've seen them depicted time and again. Even the anime made Oshawott the comic relief Pokemon, while Snivy was the "cool" type.
Of course, Samurott ended up being more popular, like how Blaziken is more popular than Sceptile, but this don't have much to do with popularity.
>>
>>32597543
Smugleaf. It's a Gen V Sceptile.

Oshawatt only ended up being the most popular because Serperior only knew grass moves early game and thus was practically useless, and Emboar was yet another F/F starter except it was slow as fuck.
>>
>>32597565
>>32597575
I think the fact our posts said basically the same thing at the same time confirms this as truth.
>>
>>32597547
Then don't be a bandwagon fag you autist
>>
>>32597547
Why? What triggers the autism there?
>>
>>32597565
>>32597575
Alright, I always saw it as more of the elegant type like Empoleon and now Primarina, but I guess "cool" is fitting for it too, or at least more fitting than it is for the other two Unova starters.
>>
>>32597559
>back then people actually thought that turtwig was the next shill Mon
How did you even know that? I'm interested now, please tell me.
Turtwig or it's family line never got shilled, the only major relevance it had was being caught by Ash.

Aside from that, it's still not a proof, all of these are examples, shacky example actually.
>>
>>32597601
Either I bandwagon all the way to 7, or not at all.
It's just the casual autism.
>>
>>32597559
>Lets see, back then people actually thought that turtwig was the next shill Mon
The concept of Shillmons wasn't even a thing back then. Not just the term, I mean the concept itself. THE only "shillmon" until then was Charizard. And that was because it was ridiculously popular. They didn't force it on people to make them like it, people already liked it.
>>
>>32595934
>>32597532
It's not about which ones you fap to, it's what the kids think are cool.
>>
>>32597635
What is Lucario?
>>
>>32597684
This. I picked Fennekin as >>32597459

You are delusional if you think that your average kid likes wizards more than ninjas. You are doubly delusional if you doubt that a Starter as ridiculously broken as Greninja was not intended to occupy the spotlight.
>>
>>32597703
FAGGOT, I don't CARE

IN MY OPINION Delphox is the most popular pokemon of gen vi, IN MY OPINION.

And I'm very smart and I know for a fact many things you kids do not. Delphox is more popular in fanart and in 4chan. Noone watches the anime so all that trash-greninja crap is null and void. In game it isn't strong without that stupid hidden ability which mind you was originally for Delphox but Sakurai and his biased ass made it swap with Magician.

Anyway, don't fucking tell me what to do. I don't care if your shitty frog is sacred to you or whatever, In MY WORLD Delphox is the best and most beloved pokemon of gen vi. I know many people agrees, all my friends over at Phox Friday (one of the MOST popular threads on this shitty board) would come in here and express the same sentiment.

So don't fucking try me again.
>>
>>32598188
Are you ok?
>>
>>32597695
A Pokemon that had a role in a movie and a game before it released.
>>
>>32595889

I don't think they want to push decidueye, incineroar is more appealing for kids, for boys, boys love strong and confident
>>
>>32597422

lol

>let's fuck up his stats
>they stopped treating him...

WOW
>>
File: 1491272345134.jpg (34KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1491272345134.jpg
34KB, 640x427px
>>32592623
Your comedy relief owl is the the ambrose, the janetty of alola. While incineroar is the big cat
>>
>>32599367
That is the extent of shilling.
>>
>>32599493
Oh, please. Fucking Togepi appeared before its games. And Munchlax got in a game and the anime before DP. It was something that happened all the time. No one cared. No one saw it as "shilling".
>>
You now remember Ash's Bayleaf
>>
>>32599513
That implies I know Ash's Bayleaf.
>>
>>32592796
Shut up Kyle.

I told you in Homeroom that I liked Popplio.
>>
>>32599493

they just wanted to promote new mon's, that's all
>>
>>32598188
Can't tell if pasta or autist...
>>
>>32592566
>Ferligatr
>hip
>cool

whut?

Typhlosion is the "coolest" ne imo and to most other people

(And to be fair, I'd say Blaziken is just as popular of a choice as Sceptile, but eh)
>>
>>32598188
This is why Phoxfags are a disgrace to /vp/ and Pokémon in general
>>
>>32598188
>FAGGOT
>shitty frog
rude.

>IN MY OPINION Delphox is the most popular
you don't get to decide what is popular

>I'm very smart
doubt that.

>In MY WORLD Delphox is the best
By your world you mean Mars, I assume?

I don't see Delphox being Ash's pokemon in the anime or being in Smash Bros, and as far as I know, Smash pokemon are the most popular ones, Mewtwo, Lucario, Charizard, and now it was Greninja.

>don't fucking try me
Don't tell me what to do
>>
>>32599549
>implying you don't remember her ass
>>
>>32595964
>Empoleon
ahahahahahaha
>>
>>32599835
Infernope isn't popular either.
>>
>>32599845
it's more popular than Empoleon
>>
Torracat is the best
>>
>>32592566
>sceptile
>not blaziken

>feraligatr
>not typhlosion

OP is a retard
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.