[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did a shitty 3DS remake with 99% reused assets turn out better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (225KB, 980x436px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225KB, 980x436px
How did a shitty 3DS remake with 99% reused assets turn out better than Sun and Moon
>>
wtf i love ORAS now
>>
>>32592298
>better than Sun and Moon

No. For the flaws SM has at least it's NEW. ORAS is a rehash yet the post-game is still shit. It offers nothing I can't just get from XY or Emerald.
>>
>>32592352

imo I wonder why they couldn't improve poke bases gym's in SM, I need stop expecting anything from GF in future
>>
>>32592352
dex nav and soaring were neat
wish they actually fucking carried over to SM though
>>
>>32592369
See, now you're getting it. Expect nothing. Be six. You'll get it next time.
>>
>>32592370

>we want make every game feel unique :^)

yes, they literally said that...
>>
>>32592298
ORAS is garbage
>>
>>32592370
Soaring was pointless and Dexnav had no relevance for 99% of the game. And even after that it's useless if you already have a bunch of pokemon from other games.
>>
>>32592298
Because Game Freak cannot into new things.
See: every first game of any generation ever
>>
People only hate ORAS because no BF
>>
>>32592453
those aren´t people
>>
>>32592459
not an argument
>>
>>32592298
Because the shitty 3DS remake is the best game in the franchise, so it's better than every game by default.

>inb4 sinnohfoeti come screeching about how amazing their loading screen simulators are
>>
>>32592461
of course, is a fact
>>
>>32592472
This.
>>
>>32592468
>implying this thread was made by sinnohfeti
>implying it wasn't made by unovabortions
Shiggy
>>
>>32592352
Did you even read the op that stated 99% reuse of assets

God you people are fucking retarded
>>
Nothing compares to dexnav and all those legends and mirage islands were fun to explore and not to mention blissey bases and bikr loop/daycare/tutors all in one convenient spot with wally's theme for egg hatching. It's no emerald/PT/HGSS/BW2 but they're certainly the best 3ds games
>>
>>32592522
>Did you even read the op that stated 99% reuse of assets

So? How does that contradict my point at all? I think you might be the retarded one.
>>
>>32592468
>Because the shitty 3DS remake is the best game in the franchise, so it's better than every game by default.
I would be inclined to agree with you, if ORAS didn´t remind us of what content is missing with ingame teasers, on purpose.

>the BF Project has started!
>an NPC next to the sign saying "the Battle Resort is still popular, but there are plans to make it a more special and robust facility called the Battle Frontier!"
(as if we didn´t know the Battle Frontier is better... why point it out to us in game?)
>The Game Corner is not in the game, but there is a locked GameCorner and a sad owner in front of the locked building.
>they didn´t add the phone call app from Emerald, but Steven says said app is currently in development and comes installed in every PokeNav Plus (but the development is never completed in the game)

ORAS does have a lot of cool content that would make it a candidate for "best game ever", but those trolling teasers bring it down.
>>
>>32592705
Still better than SM, though.
>>
>>32592764
And XY.
>>
>>32592705
>ORAS does have a lot of cool content that would make it a candidate for "best game ever", but those trolling teasers bring it down.
It´s almost as if they wanted to add salt in the wound?

They are called Troll Freak for a good reason, I suppose.
>>
>>32592352
>it's new so it's good

ell ay em oh
>>
>>32592440
It removed the necessity of Fly but it doesn't even matter in SM.

Also, fuck you. They should've still kept it. It's better than nothing and not everyone has every single Pokemon.
>>
>>32592764
>>32593168
Honestly that's not hard to do. XY at least makes replaying it simple and quick. SM is a fucking nightmare.
>>
Is ORAS really that much better? I've been looking at ORAS vs SunMoon in the Nintendo shop and I can't decide which one to get - I was going to grab Moon but all I've read online were complaints about it feeling like a theme park demo where you're forced to scroll through dialogue for hours and can't explore or get lost or visit towns "out of story order" like the original games. Last game I played was Sapphire.
>>
>>32593684

I would get sun, at least it have online
>>
>>32593684
The problem is that ORAS is a remake of RS and so it might not be new enough for you if you've played those before. It also has some tweaks here and there which prevent you from doing some things you did in RS (not really a positive unfortunately). It still has RSE's fantastic level design though. SM absolutely does feel like a theme park handholding sim though.

The solution is to pirate both desu
>>
>>32593684
Pirate the shit out of those games and XY.
>>
>>32592352
To be fair your whole new point kind of fall apart for people who never played r/s/e.
>>
File: 1489478942447.jpg (68KB, 680x579px) Image search: [Google]
1489478942447.jpg
68KB, 680x579px
>>32592298
less focus on gameplay in favor of cutscenes. Game is a chore if you don't give a fuck about Lillie's "character development". Both are letdowns but S/M is more challenging. Still Hoenn's a more interesting region overall.
>b-but muh water
it makes sense in context to the plot, the selection of pokemon in said water is the real problem. Which they didn't fix in the remake, that's one of the many reasons why it's a letdown.
>>
>>32592705
Don't forget the awesome remake of the Frontier Brain music used for the serious battles. That pissed me off more than anything else about the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7ru_eeOeL8
>>
This is the best remake ever.
>>
>>32593850

No it doesn't. You can emulate Emerald and still get a better game than ORAS.
>>
>>32593369
>it's a rehash so it's good

ell ay em oh
>>
Because they're good remakes of already good games. Next question.
>>
>>32592352
>It offers nothing I can't just get from XY or Emerald.
Yes it does. It has a shit ton more exploration and better characters than X/Y, and more side-missions and is more up to date than Emerald (PS split, models, cutscenes).

Sun/Moon's best aspects are the music and characters, but what's even the point of playing the game yourself if that's the case? Might as well just watch a walkthrough on YouTube, you get the same experience either way.
>>
>>32593936
>It has a shit ton more exploration and better characters than X/Y
Emerald has more exploration than ORAS does.

>muh up to date mechanics
This adds nothing meaningful to the game. I can play XY or SM if I want this.
>>
Worst fucking journey but it's also best for producing competitive teams cause of the sex nav, high variety of 'mon and Blissey training mixed with O powers.

Oh and hordes made it possible to EV train whole teams in minutes
>>
>>32593947
Gboard autocorrects Dex with sex.

Huh.
>>
>>32593944
>Emerald has more exploration than ORAS does.
It has roughly the same. Regardless, I said it has more exploration than X/Y which you conveniently left out.

>This adds nothing meaningful to the game. I can play XY or SM if I want this

I said up to date mechanics compared to Emerald, which again, you conventiently left out.
>>
File: 1495118320534.jpg (48KB, 631x488px) Image search: [Google]
1495118320534.jpg
48KB, 631x488px
>>32593944
>Up to date mechanics add nothing meaningful to the game

I mean. Sure for you. But I loved o powers, being online and trading on the fly via the bottom screen. If S&M simply added pelago as an added function then I would be in goddamn heaven.
>>
>>32593861
Have any water routes ever had good selection? I honestly can't think of any.
>>
>>32593980
>being online and trading

None of these have anything to do with ORAS itself. I can trade and go online in XY and get the EXACT same experience as I can in ORAS.
>>
>>32593839
>>32593845

Can I pirate on the 3DSxL and can I transfer the Pokemon I catch from pirated games onto a legit game later? What about android pirated stuff? I downloaded Black2 on my phone (the pixel stuff looks really nice compared to the Sun demo) and I'm wondering if it's worth playing through if I can xfer my guys vs looking for used cartridges on Craigslist vs pirating the games for the 3DS itself.

I just added $50 in Nintendo shop credits or whatever it's called so I can get either ORAS, SunMoon, X/Y or Red/Yellow. No idea why they don't sell the older versions in the shop because I'd probably just grab the Silver remake or Emerald lol
>>
File: 1494360032266.jpg (127KB, 1022x768px) Image search: [Google]
1494360032266.jpg
127KB, 1022x768px
>ORAS has DexNav, Blissey secret basses, and O powers
>SM has none of this plus no trainer rematches
SMfags will defend this despite the fact that catching and raising Pokemon hasn't been this archaic since gen 1. It's needlessly tedious and it just gives you more of an excuse to complete the dex with the GTS and just change the level of the Pokemon with PKHeX instead of grinding in Poni Island or the Elite Four
>>
>>32593861
There become more available after battling Groudon/Kyogre, even if they aren't that good. Then you could always just use repels. For some reason, people delude themselves into thinking Hoenn's seas are like fucking Wind Waker size. You could literally cross Lilycove to Mossdeep in SECONDS especially with Sharpedo.
>>
>>32593995
add National Dex to that list
>>
>>32593990
Yeah, pirated games can have their Pokemon moved around through PkHex or a save data manipulator. Same with the emulator on your phone so long as you can retrieve the save data.

And yes, you can hack your 3ds so long as it's not on 11.4. Go to >>>/vg/hbg and ask there for more help. They'll eventually help you out.
>>
>>32593995

>Secret bases

Did you read the rules? You cannot post here if you are underaged
>>
>>32594019
damn you are one retarded individual
>>
>>32594008
Thanks anon, I appreciate the help! I can't wait to get these games up and running
>>
File: 1490113561593.jpg (37KB, 300x325px) Image search: [Google]
1490113561593.jpg
37KB, 300x325px
>>32594001
Plus a smaller Pokemon selection and a slower engine that I hope the DP remakes don't run on otherwise it's dead on arrival.
>>
>>32593999
>MORE AVAILABLE POST GAME
>POST
>GAME
>>
File: 1492646401255.jpg (47KB, 363x331px) Image search: [Google]
1492646401255.jpg
47KB, 363x331px
>>32594137
Groudon/Kyogre isn't postgame. It's necessary in order to advance the plot. Everything after the Pokemon League is postgame.
>>
>>32594137
>Something you do before even battling the 8th Gym Leader
>"post game"
Are you tired or something, anon?
>>
>>32593995
I must say grinding in such a pain in this game to the point I actually consider editing levels with pkhex.

Thankfully the poke pelago time travel glitch is still perfectly doable just by deleting the sun and moon update
>>
>>32594155
>Kanto is post game in HGSS
RETARD
>>
>>32594406
Majority of Kanto IS postgame. Yeah you have to go through some routes in Kanto to reach the league but the rest is blocked off until you beat it. The different Pokemon aren't blocked until you beat the league, you can get them after Groudon/Kyogre. That's like being able to access the entirety of Kanto after beating Pryce.
>>
>>32592531
>It's no emerald/PT/HGSS/BW2 but they're certainly the best 3ds games
you have literally perfect taste, anon
>>
>>32593878
> Does not fix the core issues of the game
> Best
>>
>>32592298
at least i can actually level grind in ORAS. Try level grinding in SM, you fucking can't. And don't say "pelago glitch" because that still takes ages
>>
>>32594639
>m-muh level curve I need to be 10 levels above every npc to win ;____;
>>
>>32592298
>how is a first entry of a gen worse than a second entry of a gen
how many times do I have to say this
>>
>>32594792
HGSS' level curve means that what you're saying will literally be the case you fucking retard.
>>
>>32595036
No. You clearly haven't played HGSS or read what the MUH LEVEL CURVE fags are actually complaining about.
>>
>>32595265
Then what are they complaining about, anon? If you tackle the gyms in order you fight shit ten levels below you at some point in the game. Even if you don't you'll eventually fight things in Kanto that are ten levels below you. No matter what you end up fighting things that are so below you in terms of levels that it's just boring.
>>
>>32592298
>>32592373
>>32592369
>>32593861

>Sun Moon are such good games the pokebarneyfag was forced to defend ORAS to attack it
>after 2 whole years of non-stop paid shilling against ORAS

HAHAHAHA! I feel so sorry for you girl. At least you're still paid.

now tits of gtfo
>>
>sonic 06
>nn-n-o p-post-game!
>I already returned *insert newest nintendo game*
>I bought *insert newest console* I swear but nobody should! It's shit and breaks!
>the problem with ORAS!
>this disaaaaaaaster!
>what went wrong?!
>defend this!
>*insert the word "gyms" without context*
>ROUTE ONE!!!!!111
>*insert newest game* is the easiest EVER
>*insert newest game* has the least post-game EVER
>I had ONE pokemon, never grinded and one-shotted everybody until the league! It was this easy I swear!
>*insert newest feature/character* is horrible because it lacks "charm" and it's not "fullyfying"
>I play every game for 20 years since R/B but *insert newest game* was the first time EVER I gave up and couldnt continue!
>this *newest nintendo game* sold like shit! It's dead in the water!
>it's made for k-kids! No pokemon game ever was before!
>*insert non-/vp/related reaction pic*

Am I doing it right, pokebarneyfag? I'm copying all your classic copypastas. Can you let me shill with you now :^) ?
>>
>>32592298

I heard you had left us and was busy raiding other sites, pokebarneyfag. Missed your favourite bullies?

At least tone down with the samefag this time. Even if seing you sperging into attacking and defend ORAS is funny to look at.
>>
>same thread posted daily
>unmasked daily
>banned on sight on /v/

C'mon girl, what kind of newborn would you trick with this one. It's just you samefagging, people bullying you and a few who want your tit pics I want them too, post your tits or gtfo girl
>>
Everybody knows you girl, I could have joined last week and I'd know you. Just give them your tit pics and give up.

>>32597064

There's no point, she's blind with tardrage/triggered and will just samefag this thread into 100 posts. Just grab your popcorn and watch her shit herself for the 10000th time
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.