[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I just caught Zapdos on the second turn, having used Thunderwave

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

Guys I just caught Zapdos on the second turn, having used Thunderwave on the first. With a fucking Pokeball.

Do you have similar stories, where something absolutely not supposed to happen, happened?
>>
>>32590382
Brother got a shiny treeko as his starter, was going to reset because he wanted a female one but I convinced him to let me have it if I got the game to the point where it could be traded.
>>
>>32590382
I caught Zapdos with a Master Ball while 100,000 other people were trying to grab my Game Boy.
>>
I spent a week getting hp fire timid Lele in a love ball.
>>
Just started playing pokemon Moon a few days back. Decided to do a mono-type bug run. First grubbin I found was shiny. Realizing how lucky I was I went to the Festival plaza to test my luck, and went to the 1 star lottery shop. Won 1st prize on my first try, and got a Golden Bottlecap.
>>
>>32590409
Are you not aware that the lotto station on its first spin of the game will always give a gold cap?
>>
>>32590513
Damn. No I was not aware. Still happy I got the shiny though.
>>
>>32590409
Congrats on the shiny. I just restarted Moon a couple hours ago and spent so long trying to find a Grubbin on route 1 I just went with the first one I found. I think it's nature hinders sp.attack unfortunately. Is Grubbin worth training?
>>
>>32590400
JUST
>>
I caught a shiny Virizion on the first turn with a Heal Ball in Black2.

It took a couple of months to succeed though, a month after I started SRing, I fainted it :^(
>>
>>32590382
>using a metronome meme team
>opponent used entrainment
>durant gave my clefable truant
>opponent sent out dugtrio
>clefable used metronome
>clefable used skill swap
>opponent forfeited
>>
>>32590382
>throw pokeball first turn at rayquaza for a meme
>it fucking works

literally right after

>deoxys battle
>throw great ball first turn
>that fucking worked too
>>
File: Shiny shadow Skarmory.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shiny shadow Skarmory.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
>>32590382
I got a RE shiny in Colosseum
>>
>>32590382
> playing firered
> get to mewtwo
> start of battle
> no status or damage
> throw pokeball first turn for fun
> catch mewtwo at full health
> crap nature but keep it anyways for the sentiment (plus I don't use legendaries anyway)

Ever since then I always throw a pokeball during the first turn of a legendary encounter.
>>
>>32591895
Did it stay shiny?
>>
>>32590382

I just caught xerneas in the first luxury ball and I was thought it was scripted
>>
>>32590382
Sun and moon. Synchronize Abra for a kartana. Abra is supposed to die turn 1 so I can switch in false swiper. Toss pokeballs to waste the turn. Caught the kartana. Caught all my ultra beasts and pokeballs as I do every Pokemon. Was pretty nice that it got synchronized and a turn one capture period especially after just finishing xurkitree which took me about 2 hours to synchronize both by far the hardest out of all the ultra Beast for me
>>
>>32591164
INJECT
>>
File: Shiny Purified Tyranitar.jpg (76KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shiny Purified Tyranitar.jpg
76KB, 640x480px
>>32592157
I caught a normal Skarmory. When I went to check the pc, it was shiny. The pokemon the trainer sends out and the pokemon that ends up in your party are two differently rolled pokemon.

I actually sr's for Ttar as well. That turned shiny as well
>>
>>32590382
>>32591883
I remember posting in a thread like this a while ago. On one of my early play-throughs of Blue I found Articuno with only my Venusaur still healthy. I remember thinking "fuck it" and saving before entering the battle, where I caught it first turn with a Pokeball. I don't think I've ever saved a game so hard in my life.
>>
>>32590392
xD
>>
>>32592185

Kartana has a really high catch rate though, because you have to catch four of them.

I was doing a White 2 Nuzlocke and encountered Volcarona. I threw a Dusk Ball on the first turn that didn't catch it. On the second, I threw an Ultra Ball and managed to catch it without weakening it at all. Not bad for a 15% catch rate. When I checked the nature, it was Calm, which is one of the four best natures I could have gotten for a Nuzlocke, benching the only stat I didn't need.
>>
>Inflicting a status ailment gives the player a flat additional chance (from 4.6% to 16.6%) to catch the Pokémon regardless of all other factors, making certain Pokémon easier to catch in Generation I than they are in later generations: A sleeping Mewtwo with full HP may, on average, be caught in about six Ultra Balls in Generation I, but from Generation II onwards exactly the same circumstances would require an average of about 64 Ultra Balls— over ten times as many.
Not really
>>
>>32590382
I caught Shadow Lugia in the very first Pokéball, without ever fighting it. It was a regular ball, too.
Same went for Eldes' Shadow Pokémon, but I think that's a bug.
>>
>playing Moon
>throw a quick ball at Lunala for shits and giggles
>catches it
>beat game
>encounter Tapu Koko
>throw a quick ball at it
>caught it
>>
Shiny Protean Froakie in second egg, first time trying Masuda method
>>
File: images-262.jpg (16KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images-262.jpg
16KB, 512x288px
shiny smeargle in Colosseum
>>
>>32591883
I'm very sure GF lowered the catch rate for both Ray and Deoxys than what they normally would be because the game wants you to catch them. Mega Rayquaza would just wreck your team if you had to waste over 20 balls on it like on any legendary.
>>
File: _20170524_123921.jpg (66KB, 700x731px) Image search: [Google]
_20170524_123921.jpg
66KB, 700x731px
>Got a shiny Ditto from blue using the Red Gyarados glitch
>Start breeding Charizard
>Second one shiny
>Stuff usually comes out shiny from 50 eggs
>Let's breed Marill
>Hatched like 1500 eggs and no shiny
Mfw
>>
>>32592361
He used a Pokeball though
>>
Caught Suicune with a PokeBall in Crystal maybe five turns in.
>>
>>32591452
Ohhhhhhhhhhh
>>
I caught a tapu koko at full hp with a poke ball
>>
>>32591883
I caught all the legendary pokemon in that game with a pokeball. Shit was way too easy.
I had fun with OR, but I just cant bring myself to play it again. I've replayed emerald since tho
>>
I used 8 ultra balls on a shitty Ho-Oh, only to run out of all my other balls and have to use a Master.
>>
>>32590400

I spent 3 getting a timid one in a master ball.
>>
>>32590382
Not to burst your bubble, but RBY are incredibly broken.
IIRC there's some unintended side effects where pokeballs are actually more effective than ultra balls with status conditions.
>>
>>32592420
The shiny and normal colors for Smeargle are swapped in Colosseum. That's not a shiny.
>>
One time in Sapphire, I got to the top of Sky Pillar while dicking about and was able to breach the invisible walls and step out into the 'sky'. Turns out the blue sky texture is actually just loads and loads of tile puddles, and as you're walking in the 'sky' you can see your reflection and leave behind little ripples as you walk.
>>
>quick balled Origin Kyogre

Confirmed that Gen VI was a shit desu
>>
Was Gamesharking the fuck out of an extra Gold copy I had. Brother picked it up months after. Dragonair evolved into Articuno. An Articuno with Surf and Fire Blast.
>>
>>32590382
Some years ago i cough a Tornadus with my first quick ball.

I think the game was mocking me, because i throw that shit expecting him to escape and then keep hearing the generic legendary battle them later, but the fucker decided to stay with me.
>>
>>32590382
yeah i recently replayed red and tried to fill the dex. all the birds i found i had better luck just randomly throwing pokeballs at.

>meanwhile, in 2002 /vp/

caught kyogre first turn with a great ball and regirock first turn with a pokeball. good times. still remember that shit.
>>
>>32590382
Fake. You can't paralyze electric types.
>>
>>32593874
It's flying type
>>
File: 1495576730431.jpg (5KB, 97x125px) Image search: [Google]
1495576730431.jpg
5KB, 97x125px
>>32593874
Can't tell if trolling or underage
>>
Threw a heavy ball at Lugia in Gold on the first turn and got eeeem
>>
>>32593880
it's electric flying you nigger
>>
on my pokemon playthrough when i was like 5 or 6, i caught mewtwo in a pokeball. since you couldn't see what ball they were caught in at the time, no one fucking believed me. but i knew. and i was so fucking happy.
>>
I'm kinda new to Pokemon as an interest, do their abilities and whether or not they're shiny get determined from the beginning of the game or when you encounter it
>>
I got a shiny Cresselia in ORAS in 260 some resets, and caught it in a single Dive Ball.

>>32593994
When you encounter it. If you really wanted you could reset for a shiny starter if you had like a month to burn
>>
>>32593763
JUST
>>
>>32593351
with sync mon?
>>
>>32590382
I got Regice in Emerald, full HP with a poke ball, first try.
>>
>>32590400
24 hours to get modest necrozma in beats ball shame that was hp electric
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.