[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a reliable way to counter to Baton Pass? It's all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-545Scolipede.png (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-545Scolipede.png
46KB, 250x250px
Is there a reliable way to counter to Baton Pass?
It's all I find in OU right now
>>
BUREIBU BAADO
>>
Haze and hazards.
>>
red card mimikyu
>>
Psyche up
>>
>>32590205
Scarf Imposter Ditto.
>>
>>32590205
I like u turn red card mandibuzz but it doesn't appreciate losing lefties and mandibuzz already got it hard even with lefties.

The only surefire counter to quickpass is to use non choiced wallbreakers that make it almost impossible for BP users to switch in safely.

If you find the quickpass archetype that uses mega Heracross or Medicham it's is indeed quite hard to exploit though.
>>
biggest problem with countering BP is that in doing so you're giving up your ability to properly counter regular teams
>>
I knew this would happen after seeing the chaos on discord

Im gonna vote to keep Baton Pass because the rest of the council and other shitters just piss me off at this point. I swear Haunter left his essence in these people.
>>
How does baton passless scolipede fare? People seem to imply it's great even without passing
>>
>>32590436
Its just a bug glass cannon with a good physical pool and speed

Reliable but nothing like game changing as a bug sweeper. Good for getting rid of those rare toxic spikes
>>
>>32590436
Decent but not OU.
>>
>>32590205
>lead with Mega Mawile/Alolan Marowak
>Swords Dance on a predicted Protect
>obliterate whatever they BP into
>>
Reminder that the janitors of this board are pokefuckers and don't give a crap about anything else!
>>32588561
>>
File: 1494871758296.png (25KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
1494871758296.png
25KB, 175x175px
>>32590457
>>
>>32590454
I'm using a Marowak in my team so I'll try always leading with it against Baton Pass and SDing turn one. The problem is that they may also Sub though.
>>
>>32590470
Shadow Bone the first two turns regardless of what they do. They'll usually alternate sub/protect, so you can SD on a protect once you get them into a rhythm.
>>
>>32590230
not really
>>
>>32590554
Alright, sounds good. Thanks for the tip.
>>
File: tumblr_mrc5lx6tKn1r5fhkdo1_500.gif (545KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrc5lx6tKn1r5fhkdo1_500.gif
545KB, 500x360px
Just haze it.
>>
>>32590436
I've seen a few SD+waterium Z Scolipedes. Seems decent enough.
Probably high-mid tier UU with an extremely small niche in OU.
>>
>>32590431
Are you a council member?
>>
Lead with a Feint user + a heavy hitter to break both sash and protect
>>
>>32590554
Wouldn't a smart player just Sub multiple times?
>>
>>32590642
Most Baton Pass players aren't very smart.
>>
>>32590271
This. Meme with the best or meme with the rest.
>>
>>32590554
Lol they run druddigon and glare your ass, get rocks up, and set up a sub on whatever with a full para
>>
>>32590619
I get the necessary votes I can each time I dont want something banned. I haven't wanted anything banned since Aegisslash. I've been voting against every baton-pass ban thats happened since the they brought it down to one user only
>>
>>32590431

They're quickbanning it, no suspect.
>>
Can you get hidd
>>
>>32591535
there's not going to be a vote for this
>>
Pass has trouble with Roar/Whirlwind and Encore users. Their only real answer is Espeon.

You can break Scolipede's sub and then rape it with a priority move before it can pass. Mega Pinsir is good for this. It's a non-choice wallbreaker/sweeper in this kind of battle anyway ,so it's solid answer.

Unaware is seriously good too.

Coincidentally, Quagsire has Unaware and can earn Encore.
>>
>>32591564
Thats what makes this ultimately fucked up for me. I can't stop this. Again, I shoulda seen this coming considering how much shit has been going on in the discord since metagrossite was banned.
>>
>>32591535
I though Aegislash didn't have a proper vote in SM? I only remember 4 proper suspect tests. Megagross, Dugtrio, Phero and Genesect.
>>
File: empoleonsunglasses.png (213KB, 936x1024px) Image search: [Google]
empoleonsunglasses.png
213KB, 936x1024px
>>32591587
I meant first time during XY meta. Shits evolving too fast. I've been playing this competitive shit since 2008, I only started actually being relevant enough to vote around Drizzle +
Swift Swim back in Gen 5. I only voted for bans in Gen 6 on Blaziken, Mega mom, Aegisslash, Mawileite, Lucarioite, and Gengarite, 6 baton pass, 3 baton pass.

Haunter was the biggest fucking dick in the entire council and the guy was a shitshow but everytime I see these suspects or this baton-pass issue come up I feel like he somehow made a new account under a different surname and is haunting this shit. Competitive was once balanced, now its full of ban-happy shitters who started around Gen 5 + 6 and ruin everyone's fun.
>>
>>32591616
Yeah I thought you might have been talking about gen VI, but you said you didn't want anything banned since then. Which is pretty absurd. Only absolute retards believed Hoopa-U had anything to do in gen VI OU and that was after Aegi.
>>
>>32591616
go mash yourself zamrock
>>
>>32591628
Completely forgot about that ban honestly. I wasn't there for it, I was finishing college at the time and needed to focus on that than get the necessary power to vote him out.

Sad thing is I never even played with the fucker.

>>32591660
To be fair I haven't fapped in a week.
>>
>>32591616
I recognize that image+filename.
There's screencap where you sperged out when someone made a thread asking how they could make Silvally OU.
>>
>>32590205
Red Card with Sturdy or Disguise.
Unfortunately, Red Card needs you to survive to activate, but it's not a bad hard counter to setup.
>>
>>32590205
Prankster Taunt.
>>
>>32593797
Banettite when?
>>
Trick Room
>>
>>32590205

Taunt
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.