[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the sheer amount of gen vii pokemon in ru and nu >the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0544.jpg (103KB, 681x792px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0544.jpg
103KB, 681x792px
>the sheer amount of gen vii pokemon in ru and nu
>the majority of the ones that aren't are at least in ou and either mimikyu or any legendary not named type:null/silvally, guzzlord or necrozma

How do you fuck up this hard? Why on earth did they think that making a generation full of Pokemon who are slow, slow and frail, or god forbid have balanced offences they don't need that fuck up the rest of their stats was a good idea?
>>
>>32584514
Also Buzzwole and Xurk are dropping to UU.
>>
>>32584534
Huh. Xurkitree makes sense given how everything that isn't special attack is ass with it.
>>
Here is the full list of OU pokémon that aren't megas or legendaries
>Chansey
>Dugtrio
>Exadrill
>Ferrothorn
>Garchomp
>Greninja
>Magnezone
>Mamoswine
>Alolan Marowak
>Mimikyu
>Alolan Muk
>Pelipper
>Salamence
>Scolipede
>Skarmory
>Tangrowth
>Toxapex
>Tyranitar
>Volcarona

OU is pretty damn rough these days.
>>
>>32584514

I'd rather a gen of shitmons than more and more power creep. Of course neither are good scenarios and gamefreak could easily do a ton to balance the game that they are too lazy to do.

Just keep making otherwise mediocre pokemon like alolan marowak that are tailor made to counter OP pokemon. Or nerf the OP pokemon
>>
>>32584560
I still find it amusing that Drizzle and +10 Sp. Atk was enough to raise Pelipper from the trashbin and up to OU, two generations after the weather wars ended that is.
>>
>>32584514
It's GF's retarded logic. They realized power creep was becoming a problem, so they actively tried to make slower mons with worse movepools than before. Except legendaries of course, but I think this is more a case of GF just not understanding how good auto-terrain abilities are.

What they fail to realize is that it was never com mons that were the problem. Legendary bloat from gens 4 and 5 along with the shitton of megas (effectively legendaries themselves) that came in gen 6 did most of the harm.

Optimistically, based on Pokebank and the VGC meta, my guess would be they're trying to do some rotation system (i.e. effectively ban certain Pokemon by not making them available/transferable to SuMo). But knowing GF, they're probably just overcompensating for their fear of making more OP shit (which ironically, they're still doing anyway).
>>
>>32584587
>>32584643
I just hope they'll start buffing some of the ones that need them. Deliberately making shitmons doesn't seem to be working well at the moment.
>>
>>32584514
Had all the gen 7 pokémon been in UU/OU faggots like you would complain that gen7 pokémon were too strong and power creep ruined your favorite pokémon. Use what you want and stop crying like a twat.
>>
File: 1408558174462.png (475KB, 893x732px) Image search: [Google]
1408558174462.png
475KB, 893x732px
>>32584514
>make powerful Pokemon
>WAHHHHHH POWERCREEP
>make regular Pokemon
>WAHHHHHH SHITMONS

Just yesterday I was reading a thread where people were complaining gen 7 is power creep. Game Freak literally can't win with you people so they may as well just do what they want.
>>
File: 1377872472951.png (57KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1377872472951.png
57KB, 184x184px
I thought you kids loved gen 2 and gen 5. The common mons of those gens were almost nothing but absolute PU trash. Why is it suddenly not ok when Alola does it?
>>
They thought it would combat power creep when the way you combat power creep is to plateau it and buff what's now weak.

Or it's like Gen III with abilities period and they tried to restrain themselves statwise because they thought all the tailormade abilities would make them bork.
>>
>>32584723
>Gen 5
>not power creep
>>
>>32584723
What are you talking about? The common mons of gen 5 were the best we've ever had.
>>
>>32584733
>>32584759
How many are in OU again?
>>
>>32584784
That's not how you judge them numbnuts. Look at how good they were in Gen 5, not now that Gen 6 fucked up the meta.
>>
>>32584792
How many were in OU then? Keep in mind at all times that gen 5 added the most Pokemon of any generation, so if it was really so powerful it should represent the majority of the format.
>>
>>32584845
Take a look!

http://www.smogon.com/dex/bw/formats/ou/
>>
>>32584845
>Excadrill
>Jellicent
>Conkeldurr
>Volcarona
>Hydreigon
>Haxorus
>Reuniclus
>Ferrothorn
Furthermore, Gothitelle and Chandelure were BL and a further 7 non-legendary BW 'mons were UU. It was honestly a very good showing.
>>
>>32584560
You forgot Rotom-Wash.
>>
>>32584715
Every heard of balance?
>>
>>32584845
Gen 5 OU

1: 12/51
2: 9/51
3: 6/51
4: 11/51
5: 13/51

Looks fine to me
>>
I really want the next games to buff every non legendary SM mon's speed
"Alola's native pokemon were working on island time in Pokemon Sun and Moon™ for the Nintendo 3DS™, but they've all picked up the pace for Pokemon Who and Givesashit™ for the Nintendo 2DS 2™!"
All pokemon get + 20 speed, except for kommo-o (pseudo), but it gets close combat as consolation. Vikavolt suddenly has a workable 63 speed, decidueye has 90, incineroar has 80, and salazzle has a whopping 137. Thoughts?
>>
>>32585068
>workable 63

Not even usable in Meme Room now.
>>
>>32585068
Can Drampa have +20 HP or something instead?
>>
>>32584514
GF doesn't cater to Smogon? And they've been not catering to singles since Gen 6.
>>
File: 1487961253512.png (71KB, 249x220px) Image search: [Google]
1487961253512.png
71KB, 249x220px
>>32585068
>speeds below 100
>usable at all
And that's not even getting into the Frail Mixed Attacker Meme.
>>
>>32584629
Giving Politoad Roost was the best buff to Rain you could ask for.
>>
>>32585086
yeah, but now it can actually use agility
>>32585106
would you rather have 60 speed or 80 speed? It doesn't save the mons, but it helps.
>>
File: alola.png (174KB, 1066x380px) Image search: [Google]
alola.png
174KB, 1066x380px
>>32585068
>Everything needs more speed! Fixed.
Great solution, however there are exceptions:
-Oranguru is a dedicated TR abuser so its already viable
-Golisopod would do with more HP, coverage, and non crippling ability instead.
-Muk, Mudsdale, Araquanid, Dhelmise, Turtonator, and Type:Null would prefer recovery.
-Lycanroc, Passimian, Wishiwashi(its a gimmickmon due to it's ability anyway) just need more coverage. Maybe allot more HP for the latter. Movepool issues might be deal it from tutors though
-Ribombee its already viable in Doubles, but Tinted Lens and Sleep Powder would allow it to worthwhile in singles.
-Comfey and Shinoitic need allot more HP
-Pyukumuku needs an attacking movepool
Allot of the Aloan pokemon have speed issues, but not all of them are reliant on their speed to be viable.
>>
>>32584514
I like how alola has slow mons. It works with peacefull hawaian life
>>
>>32585371
Boy you dont know shit
Pyukumuku is perfectly fine especially the unaware variant

Passimian only needs its as of now unreleased hidden ability

Ribombee aint worth shit not even in doubles (gimmick)
>>
>>32585068
>Vikavolt suddenly has a workable 63 speed
How the FUCK is 63 speed workable? Might as well just keep it at 43 so it can at least outspeed most things in Trick Room.
>>
>>32584560
4 of my top bros are there. feels good.
>>
>>32584587
>I'd rather a gen of shitmons than more and more power creep
Well you get both, a gen full of shitmons with just enough meta defining good pokemon that is shunts everything down a tier.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.