[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just learned that you can't trade between gen 2 and 3.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1495452392819.png (2KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
1495452392819.png
2KB, 160x144px
I just learned that you can't trade between gen 2 and 3. Is there any way to complete the pokedex with only gba games or the ds ones?

Also which games do I need to play in each gen to complete the pokedex?
>>
>>32581767
Gen 3 required Colloseum/XD for Johto's box art legends.
Gen 4, DPPt+HGSS has all IF using the old ds radar thing with gen 3 in gba slot.
>>
>>32581771
>Gen 4, DPPt+HGSS has all IF using the old ds radar thing with gen 3 in gba slot.
Except the Regis, you'd need the Event Regigigas in Platinum to catch those, or just transfer them from RSE.
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (122KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
122KB, 1920x1080px
>>32581767
You're gonna need pokemon colosseum and it's sequel Gale of Darkness. But that's alright, they're the best games made for the Pokemon series anyway.
Colosseum and GoD appreciation thread
>>
>>32581771
Thanks.

Is there any way to use that radar thing on an emulator? I don't have money for consoles and my shitty computer can't even run gamecube games.
>>
File: 1494780487331.jpg (998KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1494780487331.jpg
998KB, 2560x1440px
>>32581767
Just inject lol
>>
>>32581780

I think you can emulate it with a version of Desmume, you just gotta fiddle around the options

you can always play romhacks if you really want to catch'em all in one game since you can't play Dolphin
>>
>>32581780
>Emulator
You can't complete the Pokedex in any game without trading. That radar is the least of your problems.
>>
>>32581837
Is it the poke radar thing you get after completing the regional pokedex or that 3ds game called dream radar? I can't emulate that one I guess.

>>32581840
You can trade with some emulators.

Is there any list of the games I need to complete at least the regional pokedex in each generation or is it always required to play every game? I heard I can do the gen 3 with only leaf green and emerald but as far as I checked that seemed to be a lie.
>>
>>32581780
You should be able to emulate from VBA to DesMuME. Even my shitty laptop from several years ago could emulate Dolphin so give that a try and bump up the performance carefully with all the tweaking guides.

You only need a good computer for Citra (currently it can basically flawlessly emulate Pokemon Sun and Moon, ORAS, Gates to Infinity. Super Mystery Dungeon is a bit of a massive trial in patience.)
>>
>>32581776
you cannot even get a normal regigigas without the regi trio, so you would need the GBA games to transfer the trio and then get regigigas (or get the event regigigas from someone else)
>>
>>32581872
And FYI with emulators it's more convenient to dump boxes from pkhex and reimport them into new games. There is also a fanmade timecapsule program to autoconvert gen 1/2 pokemon into gen 3 compatible mon.
>>
>>32581767
Third gen: Emerald, FRLG
Fourth gen: E, Pt, HGSS
Fifth gen: E, Pt, HGSS, BW2
Sixth gen: XY, ORAS
Seventh gen: XY, ORAS, SM
>>
>>32582145
Third gen: E, FRLG, XD*
>>
>>32581780
I'm >>32582145
You're getting it completely wrong. You don't play pokemon on emulators for completing the pokedex, it is literally impossible unless you use cheat.
So use them, which is easy for a gen 3 emulated game, or give up.
>>
>>32581876

On a bit of unrelated note, what non-pokemon games do well on Citra?
>>
Is it even possible to complete the Dex in SM?
>>
>>32582472

>look mum, i'm trying to be funneh again
>>
>>32581767
NOPE, mot possible. Mew, celebi etc are event exclusive, your 10 years late bro
>>
>>32581767
I believe there's a program used for gen 2 to gen 3 transfers
Let me see if I can find it
>>
>>32582795
I found the program
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ILhyYIjArYLimeWEUJvSa0BsCnB5k706MWN2Pa7fA9c/mobilebasic
>>
>>32582176
I haven't tried any.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.