[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>thought XY would be the best main series games yet, coming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 14

File: 57117b4f4b559.jpg (71KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
57117b4f4b559.jpg
71KB, 700x700px
>thought XY would be the best main series games yet, coming off of BW2
>they were bare bones shit

>thought ORAS would be good because it's a remake of one of my favorite gens
>it's ugly and puts Gamefreak's laziness on full display

>think gamefreak learned from their mistakes and that SM will be great games
>they're empty and borderline unfinished

Despite this, I know i'll get hype during pre-release season of the next game and end up disappointed again...
>>
>expect XY to be shit like the start of every generation
>it's shit
>expect ORAS to be pretty good as a remake
>it's a mixed bag
>expect SM to be shit like the start of every generation
>it's shit

Just wish ORAS didn't have the bad with its good and that Z happened
>>
s/m have honestly killed it for me
all i want now is a decent gen4 remake on 3ds, just so i can end my time with this series on a personal high note
>>
>>32577857
>S/M are bad

Where did this meme come from? Sun and Moon are great. Dare I say the best first games of a generation yet. The plot is actually engaging, some real cool and inventive mons, like the tapus and UBs. You fucks wanted tough and well the Battle Tree is the challenge you need. Pelago is great and offers more incentive to catch more pokemon.

Frankly the only con I can think of is the lag, but that's hardly a problem in a turn base game like pokemon.
>>
ORAS is a fantastic game. Not the best, but one of the best.

XY is inferior to ORAS, but still superior to SM.
>>
>>32578050

It's shitposting. Doesn't matter how universally praised or good a game is, /v/ and, if it's Pokémon related, /vp/ will be full of shitposting making "what went wrong," and "now that the dust has settled, we can all agree what shit this was, right?" threads.

Not to say everyone must think Sun/Moon is the best game in the series, but anyone posting a crying wojak acting like Sun/Moon is the worst thing ever compared to the other mainline Pokémon games is just memeing.
>>
>>32578050
>>32578143
I think it's easily the least enjoyable mainline title for a variety of reasons, but I'm also sick of the blatant shitposting with "Sonic 06 of the series" and typical meme reactions.
>>
>>32578050
SM are honestly the worst pieces of shit I've ever played. The whole game is a incredibly boring, bland looking unfinished mess.
It truly astonishes me how people can defend something like this. I truly enjoyed XY and ORAS, but the latest Pokemon entry just isn't good at all.
>the plot is actually engaging
Are you being serious?

>>32578143
Give me one mainline game that is worse. There is none.
>>
Welcome to the cycle of Pokemon.

I really hope GF takes what they did with Sun and Moon and go even further into the disparity. I really want things to change, but in a good way. I doubt it'll happen, but I'm still wishin'.
>>
>>32578163
g1
g2
g6
>>
>>32578163
Diamond and Pearl

>>32578050
I swear everyone that complains about the game must have ADD or Pokémon is the only game they play. Sun and Moon are easily the best first entry of a gen.
>>
>>32578050
It's honestly just shitposting. Like, S/M aren't the absolute best, but my god they're nowhere near as bad as some of the people here make them out to be.

>>32578188
I feel kinda bad for the folks who literally ONLY play Pokemon, shit must get old fast.
>>
>>32577857
>>thought XY would be the best main series games yet, coming off of BW2
They got me there
>thought ORAS would be good
I knew it would have been shit since I saw the characters redesign and mega given to legends saying ''we just don't give a fuck anymore''.
>think gamefreak learned from their mistakes and that SM will be great games
I have already read that infamous Masuda interview at this point. So I got no hype for this game.
Anon XY for me was the biggest disappointment, I just gave up after it and realised pokémon died with the DS.
>>
File: 1495214660769.gif (81KB, 143x136px) Image search: [Google]
1495214660769.gif
81KB, 143x136px
>>32578159
Oh my God, thank you. I enjoy lurking here, but it's pretty obvious that this board entirely exaggerates their opinions beyond what should be realistic towards GF and their games. Not saying Pokémon is anywhere near perfect, but holy shit, there's only so long a guy can stay interested in a discussion where people reiterate a hundred times a day how much they hate games that, at worst, are just average.
>>
>same boat as OP, SM not even close to be as good as hgss and bw2
>fuck it, I'm going to play bw2
>challenge mode, dream radar, entralink all over again
>best pokemon experience

Felt like freedom and fun. And I can still mess around on PWT, Trehollow and e4

4 months since I came here and touched SM. Seems like nothing changed or will change in a while. Just go back to the good stuff, /vp/
>>
File: WRONG.jpg (25KB, 480x309px) Image search: [Google]
WRONG.jpg
25KB, 480x309px
> Sun and Moon is good

* No sense of exploration
* Hand-holding everywhere
* Incredibly restrictive movement
* Straight forward routes, almost no hidden areas
* Whole region is very samey
* Too much Tarmac
* gyms sucked, no challenge, incredibly formulaic
* no sliding puzzles or teleports

They will ruin the DPP remakes in the same way.

XY main playthrough was great
>>
>>32578267
* No roller-skates!!!
>>
>>32578267
>XY main playthrough was great
For the first half, then it just falls apart after Ramos because the game makes a beeline straight to the end. I haven't seen such a messy second half since Xenogears.
>>
>>32578188
GS and BW are better than SM

>>32578050
It's boring. Boring region, boring gameplay (the trials are worse than gyms) and boring plot. It's not bad, but I wouldnt call it good. And it is absolutely the worst mechanically, from few trainers to bad online to tonnes of lag
>>
File: 1483768885527.jpg (32KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1483768885527.jpg
32KB, 600x338px
>>32577857
I'm in the same boat, anon. BW2 was the last good Pokémon game so far.
>>
>>32578267
>No sense of exploration
Like most Pokemon games

>Hand-holding everywhere
Just like gens 5 and 6

>Incredibly restrictive movement
Not sure if you mean literally moving around the world, or progressing story.

>Straight forward routes, almost no hidden areas
Just like gens 5 and 6

>Whole region is very samey
It's really not, but ok

>gyms sucked, no challenge, incredibly formulaic
There were no gyms, you sure you played this?

>no sliding puzzles or teleports
And nothing of value was lost

>They will ruin the DPP remakes in the same way.
They'll ruin the remakes by making them Diamond and Pearl remakes, and not a Platinum remake.
>>
>>32578346
>other games do it so it's fine
The point is that they are MORE restrictive. MORE handholdy, etc.

Not that anon but I'm tired of posts that just go point by point just to say "I disagree" for every point, expecting the person's opinion to change

Also I'm gonna call bullshit on SM having a similar sense of exploration to most other games. Or hell, any other pokemon game
>>
>>32578340
ORAS is the last great game.

BW2 is just the best game ever so everything else seem inferior by comparison.
>>
>>32578373
I dont like ORAS and I'll still agree with this
>>
>>32578380
nobody likes ORAS except GF shills
>>
>>32578188
Everyone bitches about the cutscenes, but when l went through on regular playthroughs twice I didn't mind them. The only time they bothered me was I restarted one of my carts so I could rush to the Nursery with a different regional setting so I could get a Vivillon with my favorite pattern and a nickname of choice, that made me ache for a skip button.

I don't like SM though because the map design isn't involving at all with it being a much more restricted version of Unova's approach, there are very few dungeons and the ones that are there don't have much to them whether it be aesthetics or any interesting gimmicks or layouts to get the player involved, I don't care for Alola's tropical setting, the land itself does very little with its setting while also shoving it in your face as much as it can with flavor text character design, and UI, and the Pokemon spread is tied for worst with Sinnoh when it comes to my personal tastes. Also the menus are sluggish as hell compared to the past two generations. Whenever I boot up my Y or OR to catch something and transfer it to Sun so I can breed a comp ready one, I'm freshly smacked with how choppy they are in Sun.
>>
File: 1478236085764.jpg (15KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
1478236085764.jpg
15KB, 500x447px
>>32578363
Seriously, I didn't hate SM but holy shit everytime I wanted to explore a little I quickly realized there was NOTHING to explore. In other Pokémon games you'd sometimes stumble upon a cave or something that you wouldn't know what to do about until later in the game, but in SM there's none of that. You just go from place to place in the order you're supposed to, and the only hidden things are Itemballs here and there. I was so fucking mad when I got to explore a cave at some point and exhited to find a lighthouse. I was like "cool, finally something that's optional and rewards me for going out of my way to find it!".
But no. The door doesn't open. It's nothing. It's just there for decoration. This whole game is decoration, and it's what upsets me the most. I don't hate SM, but fuck you GameFreak for being so lazy. It was supposed to be the 20th anniversary game and it was just a huge step backwards.
>>
File: 1373297993032.jpg (103KB, 900x728px) Image search: [Google]
1373297993032.jpg
103KB, 900x728px
>>32577857
Honestly, I haven't got hyped since BW2. At least not like the rest of the fandom seems to.

When the leaks of XY started to came out, I really didn't like the change to 3D, now that we were approximating the perfection with sprites, but I thought it was a sign GF was trying really hard this time. On the other hand, the mega gimmick had people in a 50-50 position: for me, it seemed like something other similar franchises had been doing for ages, so in a way, imitating that cliche Pokemon was giving up part of what made its universe unique.

And then XY came out and we all saw one of the most dumbed down games ever released by GF.
Then Hoenn got confirmed and everyone and their mother got in a crazy hype party.
And I should had to; gen3 was my fucking favorite. But knowing the remakes were coming out in the generation GF stopped trying, I found myself fearing the disappointment.
To this day, I still wish the RS remakes had been done in the fifth gen.

By the time SM came I just didn't have the will to be hyped anymore, not after those interviews where GF practically laughed at their fanbase.
If the DP remakes do come to be, I really hope sinnohfags don't meet the same fate those who love Hoenn did.
>>
>>32578408
My moment like that came when I was at Victory Road. just entered Mt Lanakila and figured it would be a real treat, so I left to stock up on items. I came back and went through it in a few minutes, and it was one straight line. It was hugely disappointing. Then I went to the top and realised that all of it was the League and there was no snow route like I thought from the promos.

There were many moments like that for me

I got super hyped for SM. I was wondering which game to bump to third since I was sure SM was gonna be in my top 2. What a shame. The legends trailer is still some of the best pokemon promotional material Ive ever seen. But the hype is over.
>>
>>32578408
>zelda is too non-linear
>pokemon is too linear
is there no middle ground?
>>
>>32578396
>nobody likes ORAS except GF shills
This must be bait, right?
>>
>>32578434
Second half was for >>32578429

But yeah. I'm actually happy about this because its better this way. I was trying my hardest to not get hyped last time but the trailer got me. Now, I'm sure i'll be able to just wait for the game to be released

>>32578440
Zelda changes every game so it's not like this is the end. But Pokemon has been this way for too long for me to expect change
>>
>>32578440
Seriously though. I do expect after the DPP remakes, they will give Pokémon the Zelda treatment and make it more open world because they know it will hype people.
>>
>>32578267
>XY main playthrough was great
Agree. XY may not be the best game in the series but it also isn't the worst, is just in the low middle. Also WAY BETTER Customization and Roller Skates gives it more points over SM.
>>
>>32578445
No.
They are forcing this meme that hand-holding RS is good.
Well, I guess kids who like hand holding also like ORAS.
>>
>>32578445
No, it's true.
>>
>>32578445
It is, but there is a little bit of truth to it

>>32578459
Roller skates are a fucking meme, if you could take them off it wouldn't have been an issue.
>>
>>32578461
Kids never needed hand holding. The original games which caused widespread mania gave less information than the games now.
>>
>>32578485
According to Masuda, kids need hand-holding now, otherwise they will play phone games.
>>
>>32577911
same
>>
>>32578429
>If the DP remakes do come to be, I really hope sinnohfags don't meet the same fate those who love Hoenn did.
ORAS is fantastic. Shinnohfags would be lucky if they got a similar quality game.

But seeidng how SM is inferior to XY, one could expect the next remakes to also fall short.
>>
File: 47_pokemaniacoras.png (57KB, 300x319px) Image search: [Google]
47_pokemaniacoras.png
57KB, 300x319px
>>32578219
>realised pokémon died with the DS.

Holy shit someone finally said how I truly feel on this subject, fuck
>>
>>32578159
None of the Pokemon games are Sonic '06 tier. They're all mechanically solid for the most part and are worth a play. Sun and Moon just have flaws like the rest of them that may or may not make them worse for some people.
>>
>>32578506
I wouldn't say it's a fantastic game but it's certainly not this "worst fucking game ever holy fuck my eyes are bleeding from looking at it" thing people keep trying to force.
>>
>>32578440
I think the series should go for a world approach like the original Xenoblade. Linear world progress, but lots to explore in those areas. And on its own, keep the main adventure barebones in story just focusing on gyms and a few rival battles, but tons of quests for all the story stuff the more recent games have and even more for world building and character development. You don't have to do them if you don't care, but the level curve will factor the battles you'll encounter in them in and you'll be encouraged to do them naturally by that. It'll help recapture some of the old magic like that of the Ho-Oh and Lugia encounters in the original GS, too.

>>32578434
Expecting anything to be "my new favorite" is asking for pain to happen.

>>32578510
People have been saying it since XY came out.
>>
File: 4M2SM.gif (520KB, 230x326px) Image search: [Google]
4M2SM.gif
520KB, 230x326px
Gen VI and VII are average at best. I have no idea what they're doing, but if they're planning on pulling out a third version with Kalos and Alola together to settle everything at once, or even just an Alola sequel, it better be damn good. I find there's other games that's got the whole collecting and training aspect better than Pokemon does right now, so I have those to play while I wait or even give it up.

What really killed S/M is the fact the game feels longer than it is due to Lillie being everywhere. Go boot up your game right now and see how long it takes you to get from point A to point B on Melemele. For me it was barely 10 minutes on Tauros. The cutscenes make the region seem bigger than it really is. The same can be said for Kalos. Even though it's got a lot of locations, a good chunk have nothing in them. I wouldn't mind if they lessened the Pokemon if they actually started trying to make all of them useful in some way, but this is GameFreak we're talking about. Unova and Sinnoh feel a lot bigger because you can shove a lot more 2D shit into something rather than 3D.
>>
>>32578461
>difficulty fag detected
All Pokemon games are easy, difficulty doesn't mattwr in this franchise. Difficulty is reserved for postgame battle facilities and PvP and that's a good.thing.
>>32578463
Nah, you are just the shitty minority that nobody cares about.
>>
>>32578549
We are talking about hand-holding, shill.
You know that gen VI has a lot of it.
But don't worry, GF will pay you anyway.
>>
>>32578519
I agree. I will always say that ORAS is hugely disappointing, but not bad. Alternatively, I liked SM well enough, but I wouldnt call it good. At least not after having a few months to mull it over

>>32578533
This is true. A lot of people felt Alola was big but it's probably the smallest region, but the game feels the longest
>>
File: 1475357952933.png (92KB, 286x371px) Image search: [Google]
1475357952933.png
92KB, 286x371px
>>32578549
>shitty minority that nobody cares about
>>
>>32578549
I really dont think not liking ORAS is a minority opinion anymore.

I used to think the /vp/ is contrarian meme was true, until I started seeing stuff on other sites.

Just a few days ago I came across a 7 page thread on Gamefaqs where most people were just talking about how disappointing S< was. On youtube I always come across comments about how average Gen 6 was.
>>
>>32578570
>Alternatively, I liked SM well enough, but I wouldnt call it good. At least not after having a few months to mull it over
Yeah, same. I actually thought SM were among the top games in the series the first time I played it but after playing through it twice more it got knocked down some.
>>
>>32578408
fucking perfectly said, and this is why I end up playing other games instead. What frustrates me is that most of my friends and customers only play pokemon, and simply refuse to see that other games are better, or even truly criticize the laziness of the last pokemon entry. I am tired of the pokemon fans that have nothing but praise and let GF continue with their lazy empty money sinks.
>>
>>32578586
SM*
>>
>>32578533
I wouldn't even say the cutscenes make it feel larger than it is because it feels small to me either way.

Really one way or another the level design is the biggest issue with SM.
>>
>>32578586
And when I was on twitch, on a popular stream that was playing a speedrun of Pokemon X with about 7K viewers, most of the chat was talking about how lackluster Gen VI was and how Gens 4 and 5 were better
>>
>>32578429
>I really hope sinnohfags don't meet the same fate those who love Hoenn did.

sadly they will anon, and this in itself makes me super depressed. I Know when they do finally get around to doing g5 I probably won't care in any way, which is sad because it's my favorite gen.
>>
Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you, fool me thrice, just fucking kill me already, fool me four times thank you daddy gamefreak you are perfect and can't do no wrong I'll keep defending your games like the good drone you've broken me into with your fake promises.
>>
The route thread shows just how lame they are in SM.

>>32575062
>>32575161

Look at those branching paths. It's beautiful.
>>
I think GF had difficulty creating a 3D game. Spriting works out a lot easier instead of full 3D models and I think their usual 3-4 year cycle of making a game just doesn't cut it anymore.

Plus their idea that there's too many distractions as so most people don't care about postgame is real unfortunate. When GF get an idea they kinda stick to it, like creating a feature in one game and not moving it to another one to make that game more special. Or to keep in HMs well past breaking point because it connects us with our Pokemon or some bullshit.

I get that they aren't making great postgames, cause why put all that effort and time into something hardly anyone is going to see and instead make the journey to that postgame amazing instead, like with the really story driven SM. Overall, I hope they do have some more year breaks in future, maybe they need to increase their game plan to 5-6 years if they want their games to have as much content as the sprite based games did. Or they're pretty happy with how things are going and too wrapped up among people who say nothing but positive things about problematic parts of their game and nothing will change.

Let's see how they handle the large postgame of a DP remakes if they're coming.
>>
3D was a mistake.

Or rather, Gamefreak was a mistake. Just get any other developer to make the games. Anyone. I'd even take Bethesda at this point because at least that means there will be mods for people to fix up their buggy ridden mess.
>>
>>32578490
And you truly believe this? My kids literally play skyrim competently and they are 5 and 7. This is to redirect our attention away from the fact that they are lazy greedy bastards that have no respect for their fan base and just want to milk it until their adult fan base leaves and the kids don't know any better.
>>
>>32578587
Same. They werent top games to me then, but over time they have fallen down in my personal rankings. Right now I'm floating around B- and C+ for the final grade in my eyes. Passable, but it should have been better, especially after Gen 6

>>32578610
I dont find this surprising, ive been across many a facebook group or page where everyone says the same. Anyone who think's /vp/ is contrarian just likes unpopular games
>>
>3 games that feel rushed and unfinished in a row
>3 games and they have actually gotten WORSE at 3D to the point your 3DS is about to explode whenever there's more than 2 Pokemon at the same time in the screen
How can a company be so bad at coding? I don't understand. The "they are getting accustomed to 3D" excuse doesn't fly anymore.
>>
>>32577857
>hang hopes entirely on children's game
>is disappointed

it's like pottery.
>>
>>32578586
GameFAQs has just been 4chan-lite as a community for quite some time. It's full of cross-posters.

"Gen 6 is underwhelming/bad" has been a common opinion on the internet as long as it has been here. The only thing /vp/ is close to contrarian about is Gen V but there's enough dissent all over that it really isn't.
>>
>>32578657
>And you truly believe this?
I don't. But I'm not the director of the games.
I don't understand why you are asking this.
>>
>>32578675
Because like the asshole I am I assumed you were defending it by posting what they said in the interview.
>>
I don't think I'll ever bring myself to hate a Pokemon game the 3ds, but I have to agree with those that say Pokemon peaked in terms of overall quality and enjoyment at the end of the DS era. I personally find it funny how casuals hated the ds games though. I really hope in the next game GF gets its actually together. It's really not that hard to incorporate actual fun content into the games.
>>
>>32578680
I didn't defend those games. I think Masuda as a director is one of the worst things that ever happened to this franchise.
I'm just saying why the games are like that, according to him.
>>
>>32578680
>>32578699
or could be laziness, like you said.
>>
File: 1495261513416.png (3MB, 2480x3507px) Image search: [Google]
1495261513416.png
3MB, 2480x3507px
>>32578657
>that have no respect for their fan base and just want to milk it until their adult fan base
You are deluded.

If you were Masuda would you have respect for a fanbase that defends you and your games no matter what you shit? A fanbase that literally defends features getting removed and sometimes even praise such a decision? These people won't ever leave. They will always be there to offer their asshole to Gamefreak and beg for a rough lube-less fuck.

Gamefreak may be lazy incompetent fuckholes, true, but with such a fanbase which reason do you have to try? It's win/win for them. The only losers are us idiots with a modicum of standards who are in the minority.
>>
>>32578696
And now casuals love SM, just like they had a raging boner for R/B/Y. Why do casuals always have the worst taste?
>>
>>32578648
>Let's see how they handle the large postgame of a DP remakes if they're coming.
I think DP remakes will trully butcher Sinnoh. Sinnoh is the most puzzle heavy region sofar and I think this is gonna disappear in DP remakes.

Then people will say "man, ORAS was underrated."

And I am gonna laugh and say: "I told you".
>>
>>32578429
If DP remakes are this generation they'll be way worse than ORAS. The O3DS already struggles with Alola in GF's engine, they'd have to cut so much to make Sinnoh work in that same engine.
>>
>>32578699
Masuda as a director is okay. Ohmori as a director is the mistake.
>>
File: no60_poliwag_by_niaro-d49u64w.png (125KB, 400x591px) Image search: [Google]
no60_poliwag_by_niaro-d49u64w.png
125KB, 400x591px
>>32578709
>You are deluded.

Indeed I am... probably because I am deep in denial over the fact that most people don't want quality in their games anymore, or that they just don't question the shit they eat each new generation.
>>
>>32578733
They both are a mistake. Just a different sort of mistake.
>>
>>32578672
I wouldnt call them contrarian for Gen 5, I think 5 and 7 are the closest to polarizing any of the games will be.

>>32578709
This. Seeing people defend the moving of the National Dex to a paid app absolutely baffle me
>>
>>32578736
Agreed. The ones who were behind BW2 and Hg/Ss/Plat should take control now.
>>
>>32578610
Gen 6 is past it's honeymoon phase so people are finally wisening up to that specific generations flaws. I don't think any Pokemon generation is bad per say, but I feel that overall that Gen 6 was the weakest. Even though it introduced a load of QoL adjustments, XY's second half is a rushed mess, and it's metagame leaned more towards unfavorable decisions. ORAS didn't really do much to to make Hoenn itself a better regoin, and the mirage spots are probably the laziest excuses to shove in past legendaries in a game (and they'll probably do it for future games too) not to mention they are overall dull because there are these tiny randomly generated tiles that you don't have control over which ones spawn (outside of the very speciic ones htat only house legendaries), only the frequency of which they span.

Tho, its about time I went through ORAS again since I playthrough every mainline generation game at least twice and i haven't done so for ORAS yet.
>>
>>32578714
DPPT remakes are going to be absolutely dogshit. Because of SM removing the grid, GF will simplify the region to accommodate that(as blasphemous as it sounds, they may even remove some areas from the original to cut corners. Easy as shit with every one you encounter healing your team, and stick to DP garbage regional dex distribution to "stay true to the originals" even though no one cares about them after Platinum which is the most improved 3rd version of any gen. DP remakes are one train wreck waiting to happen.
>>
File: IMG_4224.png (328KB, 368x530px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4224.png
328KB, 368x530px
>>32577857
>play x/y
>mediocre experience, if platinum can make sinnoh a masterpiece, so can Z
>wait for Z
>S/M announced
>parellels to gen 2, like how xy paralleled to gen 1
>hope to go back to kalos
>game releases
>it's fucking nothing

This is honestly fucking dreadful, they had 2 years to develop S/M and they make it shit. Even if we do get Gen 4 remakes, they'll probably be god awful too.
>>
File: ௵.jpg (6KB, 249x174px) Image search: [Google]
௵.jpg
6KB, 249x174px
The problem with SM is that it's impossible to replay due to countless unskippable cutscenes and sequences, and that if you don't give a shit about Lillie, then 85% of the game's story is irrelevant because it revolves around her while you stand in the background with an almost unending :^) face.
>>
>>32578970
This is part of it. The problem is, when you beat a game, you have three options. Online, replaying, and postgame.

Online is tedious because of the Plaza. Replaying is tedious because of the cutscenes. Postgame is tedious because nowhere to train and nothing to do
>>
I got disillusioned a gen earlier than you guys. I had huge expectations for BW seeing corocoro, the leaks, all of the shit leading up, and then playing the game and seeing a lot of the (imo) awful Pokemon designs, I was left feeling pretty disappointed. I've since come around and realize that, while I personally dislike BW, it's more on stylistic merits and that lots of people enjoy the designs, plot, overworld design, etc, even if I don't. It's a fleshed out game with a decent amount of content in it, and BW2 adds on that while improving B/W and adding some continuity to the gen's story. That's cool.

In the 3ds era, however, it's clear that Gamefreak have just gotten complacent and that, because the Pokemon brand is so strong, they're content to roll out a game lacking polish. The design process of XY and SM reek of "room full of yes men", where the games were deemed to be valid because it had an interesting story and one or two new cool features that I'm sure the game director of each of those games prided themselves over. They're not good games though. They lack replay value, have very little content and are nerfed difficulty wise without providing any options at all for more experienced players to change the difficulty.

ORAS, although I ironically enjoy it the most out of the 3 due to it being based off of a region I like, is probably the worst offender if we're looking at things in a vacuum. Instead of a case of yesmen, it just shows pure laziness and complacency from the devs. It's a soulless, stripped-down remake that adds next to 0 new or meaningful content other than a graphical update and mega evolutions which the devs didnt realize shouldnt be handed out like candy until a gen later. It's basically a graphical update I don't get to relive or rediscover anything, which is a damn shame. I just get to walk through a world of jagged graphics and bad palletes, and beat up on a bunch of Pokemon 5 levels lower than I am.
>>
>>32578876
Yep, I agree.
>>
>>32579035
It is the other way around. ORAS is fantastic, when looked in a vacuum. It is definitely the remake that added the most new content and features, and yet you say it was just a graphical improvement.

This is plain wrong.
>>
>>32578664
Game Freak has been this way for pretty much their entire existence
Even Drill Dozer went below 20 FPS at times
And triple battles had frame drops in Gen 5 (not that they didn't in Gen 6)
>>
>>32579035
I agree with absolutely all of this, except liking BW. You're right about the Room of Yes Men thing, I didnt think of it that way. XY look like what a committee of people making an imitation of a pokemon game would do, right down to the pokedex and distribution, theme park region, and dreivative plot.

>>32579226
Nope. ORAS is the most bland, souless pokemon game. It is the best of the three due to being a very good basic pokemon experience, in that the formula is refined enough so that purists will love it. But in terms of personality, content, anything, it is a mess. I hated XY and I still felt more motivated while playing it than ORAS, because by the end of ORAS I was just so fucking bored. Like, insanely bored.
>>
>>32579291
hell, running through Hearthome City gives you frame drops
>>
>>32578050

Here's your (You).
>>
>>32579438
Really? Maybe it's from my love for Hoenn that going through OR doesn't bother me in the slightest.
I can't stand going back through Kalos though. I just get super annoyed when I do go back for various reasons (shiny hunting).
>>
>>32579291
This is one of the major reasons why I never understood why people want real time battles in pokemon. They'd be atrocious with all those frame drops.
>>
>>32579450
Yeah, a lot of it comes down to personal taste. I also think a part of it could be that I played Emerald for the first time relatively recently before playing OmegaRuby, and it just wasnt different enough in my eyes.

But I agree that I'd much rather revisit new Hoenn now that Kalos, I hate that place and unlike OR, X and Y literally have nothing to do after the game ends. At least I can build up my Secret Base and go try out Contests
>>
File: 59328479237432.png (29KB, 506x384px) Image search: [Google]
59328479237432.png
29KB, 506x384px
>>32578337
>GS and BW are better than SM
>when GS had artificial difficulty, horrible Pokémon distribution, and a neutered Kanto to give the illusion of more content
>when BW didn't even let you use any older Pokémon
>>
>>32579484
>artificial difficulty, horrible pokemon distribution and Kanto stuff giving the illusion of content

You're describing SM

It's amazing how the franchise is still doing these things 17 years later huh
>>
>>32579484
>>when BW didn't even let you use any older Pokémon
>Implying being inventive and putting a new spin on then games is a bad thing
The strong backlash is what cemented GF from ever straying away from gen 1 circlejerking
>>
>>32579484
>G/S has horrible distribution because there are a couple pokemon with rare or out of the way encounters, and a few lines that appear in kanto (which was mitigated somewhat in hgss's safari zone)
>Neglects to mention that S/M has multiple lines that cant be caught or evolved until right before the FUCKING END of the main campaign and has little postgame unlike hgss has.

In G/S this is only true for Larvitar and that was fixed in Crystal and HGSS. S/M also has the tapus and an oricorio forme locked behind postgame. Great distribution there.
>>
>>32578752
The only con of moving the national dex to bank is that we won't get new (often paraphrased) pokedex entries for all the Pokémon anymore. That's literally it. The good thing though is that once you complete it, you're done. No need to catch them all for every new game that's released. Completing a regional dex is a much better goal because fuck wasting all that time to finish the national dex for every new game if you didn't bother wasting hours making by a living dex.

also,
>paid app
Anon, I know you'll bitch about "the principle" of it all yada yada yada but if you seriously can't afford 5 fucking dollars A YEAR I really don't know what to tell ya
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.