[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the hell did GF even remove the gems? Hydreigon @ Dragon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-635Hydreigon.png (54KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-635Hydreigon.png
54KB, 250x250px
Why the hell did GF even remove the gems?

Hydreigon @ Dragon gem

252 speed 252 sp.attack 4hp

Draco meteor
Earth power/Dark pulse
U-turn
Fire blast

I miss using my bro to its full potential.

Inb4 z-moves, fuck that, I'd rather use a gem and still have a z-move on another mon.
>>
>>32576836
How have you not gotten it yet?

Gems --> Z-Crystals
>>
>>32576845
Then why is there still normal gem?
>>
>>32576855
Because GF are retards.
>>
>>32576855
Normal Gem is only 1.3x power now, just use Life Orb.
>>
>>32576836
>i'd rather not use this item that is effectively the same and also lets me use a powered up version of a move with zero(0) draw backs
>>
>>32576880
In gen 5 gems boosted a move by 50% then got consumed. GF should bring the gems back, but give it a small nerf, 40% increase in power instead of 50% now gems don't overshadowed z-moves and a lot of old mons get back to their prime like flying gem acrobatics archeops. And hydreigon.
>>
>>32576905
I see nothing wrong with this considering gems are weaker than z-moves.
>>
>>32576836
>I miss using my bro to its full potential
>Dragon Gem
Fuck off. Scarf Hydreigon is best Hydreigon.
>>
>>32577125
>being locked into one move

No fuck you, I'd rather have a nuke then be able to switch out with U-turn to keep momentum.

Garchomp is the superior scarf user anyways.
>>
>>32576836
Hydreigon's problem is not that they removed gems.
Hydreigon's problem is that they added the fairy type and Hydreigon is 4x weak to it.
>>
>>32577174
You are not wrong. But the gem added a lot to hydreigon's arsenal.
>>
Hydreigon is still really good in doubles, especially when paired with Megagross.
>>
>>32576836

Gems were a prototype for Z-Crystals.
>>
>>32576905
Well, Gems get consumed while Z-Crystals don't, so they're not really the same. They lend themselves to different strategies. Giving a Pokemon a Gem lets you benefit from stuff like Unburden or Acrobatics once the Gem is used, and even let you use moves like Thief and Covet or abilities like Magician and Pickpocket to get a new item later. Meanwhile, Z-Crystals don't let you use those kinds of strategies.
>>
>>32577174

No, Hydreigon's problem is 99 base Speed
>>
>>32576836
They were very prominent in VGC 2011-2013, and maybe Game Freak thought they were unbalanced?
Reducing them to 30% boost and also not releasing them was dumb though. I just want Flying Gem to make Tornadus viable again.
>>
>>32577225
>>
>>32576836
Gems after Gen 5 got nerfed from 50% to 30%(as strong as Life Orb), so they're no longer as useful on anything that lacks Unburden(Hawlucha would kill for the Flying Gem to be released) or Magician. Z-moves are the new face of one-time nukes now, but 10x more reliable.
>>
>>32576855
Correct answer is this >>32576870

However, one way or another it still has its uses with fake out, acrobatics and/or unburden
>>
>Use a Gem and get a 30% boost to one move

OR

>Use a Life Orb and get a 30% boost to all of your moves, at the cost of a little recoil damage
>>
>>32577225
That and the fact that Fairies exist.
>>
>>32577498
>>32576918
Read this. Also what if I didn't want to waste my LO on this mon?
>>
I like using Z-Draco Meteor so I effectively get to use two full power Draco Meteors a match without having to switch
>>
>>32577125
You mean lo and specs hydreigon.

I love using superpower and specs Draco Meteor.
>>
>>32577540
Most fairies can't switch on specs fireblast or flash cannon.

Hydreigon main weakness is it's sub 100 speed, also teams with Hydreigon love the uturn support it gives, there is nothing better than having a fairy switch in on u turn only to give a free kill to Dugtrio or Mawile(megagross loved this).
>>
>remove gems except normal
>adds z crystals

>still takes the time to make a fairy gem
>>
>Z-Move
I sure love watching 20 second long cut scenes every battle
>>
>>32576855
Because it's just a normal gem. No special power or anything.
>>
>>32577215
Hand the chaos emerald over kitty.
>>
>>32578232
You're retarded.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.