[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm considering buying this when it comes out. The last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: new-nintendo-2ds-xl-amiibo.png (25KB, 482x398px) Image search: [Google]
new-nintendo-2ds-xl-amiibo.png
25KB, 482x398px
So I'm considering buying this when it comes out. The last Nintendo handheld I owned was a DS Lite. What can I expect from this? What are the good Pokemon games on it? etc..
>>
>>32572879
You should just get a new3dsXL instead so you can hack it and get all the games for free
>>
>>32572892
because this one will come with the newest firmware which isn't hackable
>>
Get Sun/Moon to be up-to-date, X/Y for a huge Pokédex and lots of customization, Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire for nostalgia with a twist. They're all solid games. Not the greatest in the series to be honest, but still enjoyable.

The 3DS is a solid handheld, but it has sometimes trouble keeping up with frames. But I personally don't notice it too much on the "New" consoles.

>>32572892
>>32572898
N3DSXL might come with the latest firmware too. Depends on when they were produced.
>>
>>32572892
>>32572898
Yeaaa but I really don't care about the 3D gimmick and I don't mind paying for a Pokemon game or 2 since it's the only thing I'm gonna play on it.
>>
>>32572879
I didn't care much for gen 6 games but SM are worth getting.
>>
>>32572898
People said this over every single new bundle or revision of the 3DS ever, and guess what in the end the latest firmware was hackable in a matter of months at worst, every time.
>>
>>32572879
I guarantee you this will launch with the shittiest build quality/QC. Save yourself the disappointment and get a second hand nu3DS that won't ship with nintendo™ broken hinges

to answer your question, I found the 3DS pokemon games to be the weakest so far in general. X/Y are probably the best but they were a bit disappointing and lacking in a lot of places. ORAS were straight up bad remakes and bad games. sun/moon tried a lot of new and interesting things but they all feel half arsed.
Technically theyre all better games than anything up until emerald, however, I expected more from them.
>>
File: Mother foca.jpg (161KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
Mother foca.jpg
161KB, 540x540px
Dont buy Mainline games past gen 6, Get Pokemon Shuffle, SMD and Rhythm heaven Megamix Instead
>>
>>32572879
Before buying it, wait a week after release and check if people think they're ok, if not, go for the new3DSxl, also if you want to hack it, you gotta make sure they say the version is 11.3, since 11.4 is gonna take a good time to be able to be hacked.

About the pokemon games, they're all enjoyable, XY has a huge variety of wild pokemon so the first time you play it you're gonna have fun building your team, ORAS is better and worse than XY in many ways, something that you need to keep in mind is that ORAS uses the pokemon esmerald pokedex, meaning that if you don't like that much the pokemon from gen 1-3 you're gonna have a hard time enjoying it, and SM are pretty fun games to play through it's story for the first time, but like people have said, the amount of post content is kinda small. i'm not gonna say anything about their difficulty because if you can hack your console then you can install a mod to make them more harder, so that's covered.
>>
>>32572879
I have the most conflicting emotions on this thing.

It looks comfy, but it costs more than a regular n3DS.
>>
>>32573827
11.4 IS hackable though
>>
>>32573958

The volume controls are on the left side, right? And are a slider? Because I know with my 3ds XL I hate accidentally turning the volume up when I don't want to.
>>
>>32573827
11.4 is hackable, but it requires a hacked 3ds or hardmod currently. In the future, it might be doable with a flashcart and a magnet, though.
>>
File: 1488322362785.png (83KB, 264x238px) Image search: [Google]
1488322362785.png
83KB, 264x238px
>>32572879
You might as well have gotten the Wii U, Dreamcast, Switch, or Jaguar alongside that 2DS.
>>
>>32573979
>>32574157
>I have a hacked 3DS

not OP but this makes things a lot easier, definitely getting this now
>>
>>32574368
Go look up 3ds.guide and follow the directions.
>>
>>32572879
Basically anything but XY. XY is like DP except it never got a third game to fix all the issues it has. It isn't horrible compared to many games, but it's... Not that good in terms of a Pokemon game
>>
>>32574403
I mean, I havent bought the new system, there's nothing to do now
>>
>>32573250
>ORAS were straight up bad remakes and bad games.
Stop this. ORAS is by far the best game of the 3DS, and a great remake.

Don´t lie like that,because OP needs honest advice here, not your meme shit against ORAS.
>>
>>32572910
All new N3DSXL will come on <=11.3, which is hackable. 11.4 is still too new.
Even if your console has 11.4, there's some work being done on a new entrypoint that allows for sighax on 11.4.
>>
>>32573958
>$150 is more than $200
What
>>
ORAS (even without battle frontier) > XYSM
>>
Pokemon Sun, XY and ORAS are fine games, also consider Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon Conquest.
Some good non Pokemon games are
>Xenoblade
>Braverly Default
>ACNL
>Fantasy Life
>Smash
>>
>>32575820
SO MUCH OF THIS.

(also, since it isnñt an Emerald remake, the lack of BF is a lot less of an issue)
>>
>>32575789
The N3DS doesn't cost 200 dollars
It cost 100 on black friday and something
you can probably import one for fairly cheap and hack it
>>
>>32575830
Yes but it no longer IS Black Friday
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.