[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of playing a Pokemon Tabletop like PTU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: ptx-logo.png (15KB, 260x124px) Image search: [Google]
ptx-logo.png
15KB, 260x124px
What do you guys think of playing a Pokemon Tabletop like PTU? Any past experiences?
>>
>>32570582
autism
>>
>>32570582
PTA is better
>>
>>32570582

It's great. I played it for years. I'd love to play it again if I had people to play with. Haven't had a proper game since before gen 6.
>>
>>32570582
I liked it but I had a lot of balancing issues with my group. I am looking to start it back up though. It's good, just homebrew a lot and mix it with PTA for the best experience. Also, tell the DM it is going to be a lot of work on his end.
>>
File: zinnia.jpg (1002KB, 1600x1133px) Image search: [Google]
zinnia.jpg
1002KB, 1600x1133px
>>32570582
I really like the system, but my GM had a bitch of a time trying to balance encounters and keep track of all the crunch in the system. He often created encounters that seemed reasonable but ended up kicking the party's ass, including the opening encounter where we had to clear out a basement of Rattata. None of them were above Level 3 and we burned through all our Potions and had to restock just to survive. On the flipside sometimes the GM would create proto-Totem bosses like in Sun and Moon who would go down in 1-2 turns.
I do miss the game though, and my terrible character who was basically Zinnia with the clairvoyance their mentor was implied to have. The character was so bad but the group seemed to like them. I hope we get to play again, whether in the campaign they were in (which is growing more unlikely as it's been on hiatus for eight months) or a new one with new characters.
>>
>>32572124
>My GM was bad at GM-ing
Great story. A good GM will just fudge stats or rolls if the encounter is too hard or too easy. Good players won't be dicks about it and use metagame knowledge to argue that the GM had fudged stats.
>>
Anyone who has a group please let me in it. I want to play again. I know the rules.
>>
File: 1398766313404.png (177KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1398766313404.png
177KB, 500x500px
>>32572172
I'm not saying he didn't fudge shit. We even found a Hidden Power TM in the first dungeon after my character's starter failed to do shit for damage repeatedly because all their moves were physical and they were a special attacker. If the party tried to run after getting overwhelmed he would let us, and I think he once bullshitted a second form for one of the totems when we one-shotted them. I'm not complaining about them doing any of that, but that he needed to fudge so often proved the balance is a bit fucky. A good GM can make any system work with homebrew and fudging where necessary, but that doesn't mean the system is perfect, though as I said at the beginning of my post I still really like the system.
>>
>>32572207

Do you guys have room for another player?
>>
>>32572236
As I said in my first post,
>it's been on hiatus for eight months
But we tend to try and keep our group confined to people we already know. Sorry.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.