[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>That moveset God, its just so not fun to use. Its moves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: pyroar.jpg (41KB, 296x320px) Image search: [Google]
pyroar.jpg
41KB, 296x320px
>That moveset

God, its just so not fun to use. Its moves are so terrible it has literally nothing but Hyper Voice, Flamethrower and Dark Pulse.

I've taken to using Flame Charge, Wild Charge, Return, and Crunch on a Moxie set because I'd rather have a gimmicky ability that I can make work and try to do a Flame Charge sweep than just having a very generic Unnerve special attacker.

What other pokemon aren't any fun to use because they have so little attacks at their disposal that you literally can't make any meaningful choices when determining their moveset?
>>
I keep forgetting to raise this thing to stick in my collection.
>>
>>32567134
Anything in Gen 1.
Gen 2 Kingdra.

In modern times? Forretress.
>>
>>32567134
Bloom Doom solar beam is fun.
>>
>>32567142

I actually prefer the limited movesets of gen 1. Everything couldn't cover everything else, and movesets were a legitimate strength just as much as stats were. Perhaps more. Everything has been power creeped so much. I liked when Slash and Body Slam were perfectly good attacks.
>>
Diaper beam lol
>>
>special attacker
>has moxie
this really grinds my gears
>>
>>32567134
Lycanroc was a liability and a waste of time in my ingame run

Same for Dusknoir

I tried using Crobat in ORAS and didn't see the hype. It's so aggravatingly weak and its only moves are Poison/Flying STABs and U-Turn. maybe Powercreep caught up and it just sucked dick on a team with Swampert, Machamp and Metagross
>>
>>32567153
i want nostalgiafags to leave
>>
File: Serperior.png (58KB, 260x240px) Image search: [Google]
Serperior.png
58KB, 260x240px
>you literally can't make any meaningful choices when determining their moveset

Oh hi, here's the posterboy. Not even a bad pokemon but god damn it, GF is really afraid of Contrary scaling out of control to the point they just made Lurantis a worser version of this shit when could have been much more.
>>
>>32567167

Which Lycanroc did you use? I used the night version. They both have terrible movesets, but so many things in gen 7 do I'm assuming they will add tutors in the next game and fix a lot of that, just so people buy the next game.

I love Lycanroc night, its a shame its stats are so god damn terrible.

>>32567176

Not nostalgia, I just rebeat the Blue version two months ago after beating my Moon version and its literally just as enjoyable. They offer different enough experiences to both be worth while. Modern pokemon offers a story, grafix, a wider selection of pokemon moves and side activities, while earlier gens have that incredibly charming art style, great 8 bit music, and an intro that takes two minutes and then you're free to play the game with no interruptions all the way to the end.
>>
File: 1468896831323.gif (624KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1468896831323.gif
624KB, 480x270px
>>32567178
>Gen 7 comes around
>can finally breed one of these bad boys in a Friend Ball
>Pull a dope one with HP Fire, even breed a second with HP Ground
>Dragon Pulse is absolutely required to not get memed on
>realize it hasn't been a TM since Gen 4

How about instead of putting Move Tutors in the remakes and 3rd versions, you just include them at the start of the game and make the 3rd version better? Fuck this shit. I'm done
>>
>>32567196
Day
It and A-Raichu were by far the weakest links in my team, but at least A-Raichu could KO shit before it invariably died

Rest of my team was Decidueye, A-Muk, Mudsdale and Ribombee
>>
>>32567134
I recall using Tentacruel in my first run of DP
I remember I couldn't actually use the team i intended to because a lot of them were post game, so I opted for this guy and Alakazam to fill out my team of Torterra, Lucario, Staraptor and Luxray

In that game, Luxray and Tentacruel were the weakest links. Luxray is unsalvagable without a Mega but in retrospect I should've used a Physical Tenta with Swords Dance instead of trying to make Surf/Sludge Bomb/Ice Beam work
>>
>>32567153
>I actually prefer the limited movesets of gen 1
>Every fucking Normal type that's not a bird

what'd he mean by this?
>>
>>32567165
Run Entrainment to give it to another pokemon then
>>
>>32567199
subseed + storm + hp fire is better in this meta
>>
>>32567178
But Serperior gets lots of good support moves.
Glare, substitute, leech seed, taunt, knock off, synthesis, giga drain
>>32567199
Dragonpulse is trash. The only offensive moves you should be running are Leafstorm and hp fire unless you're running the Z-hyperbeam lure set.
>>
>>32567142
Gen 1's limited sets were actually fun desu. It was back in a time when you didn't have U-Turn and where everything didn't require good coverage to be a good attacker.
>>
>>32567836
Dragon pulse does hit the dragon flying faggots that quad resist leaf storm even at +4 that's the only reason I carry it, heck it can help vs ZardX if the thing switches it fresh and you got no rocks up.

Sub, knock off, z Hyperbeam and Glare are better choices in the long run though
>>
>>32567134
Kyurem-B
It's not fair. Kyurem-W gets great Special Ice and Ground moves with Fusion Flare. While Kyurem-B doesn't get Ice Punch or Earthquake. Think about that. A buff and heavy Dragon whose arm is surrounded by ice can't learn Ice Punch or Earthquake.
>>
>>32567134
Diaper Voice lol
>>
>>32567199
They could also expand the TM list and remove useless ones. I get mad every time I see shit ones like work up and echoed voice given away to be forgotten forever because they're a waste of a tm slot
>>
>>32567134
Why is it so bad? Finally make a proper lion mon, and it's shit.
>>
>>32567196
>It was so great two months ago

Remember you have to be playing it this very minute if you don't want your view clouded by nostalgia
>>
>>32567836
Just like every other grass type ever
>>
Will TMs ever be useful again? I swear half of them are totally useless.
>>
>>32567134
>he doesn't use Flare Blitz
>>
>>32567142
Forre can only play one role but has a decent movepool anyway.
Rspin, boom, all three entry hazards, gyro and volt switch.
It's better than hyper voice/fire stab/dark pulse/HP and nothing else
>>
>>32567167

I used Midday Lycanroc in one of my runs. It was good, but not great, and definitely felt very "vanilla" with it's limited movepool. It's not especially exciting to use.

I'd say Pidgeot is also really boring to use. It's THE basic Normal/Flying bird. Even Unfezant is more fun thanks to Super Luck, different designs based on gender, and not being in a million games already.
>>
>>32567134
>lower attack than unown
>>
>>32570020
>glare, taunt, and knock off
>every grass type ever
>>
diaper beam lol
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 204x247px
>>32567134
Fire/Normal/Dark has a pretty decent coverage though. I'm not sure what else would you possibly need on Pyroar.

>>32569969
YOU FORGETTING ABOUT SOMEONE BOY?
>>
>>32571009
a reason to use it over houndoom, probably
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.