[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make this fun, /vp/? I've had it since launch and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: pokemonsunmoon.png (738KB, 797x451px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonsunmoon.png
738KB, 797x451px
How do I make this fun, /vp/?
I've had it since launch and haven't finished it. Just restarted because I forgot about the whole game. Any meme runs I can do to at least make it entertaining?
>>
>>32566007
Do the most absurd nuzlocke with the most strict rules you can come up with.
>>
Nuzlocke with your strongest mon's level not being able to go above the level of the totem pole mon.
>>
>>32566035
The problem was less the totems, those were brainless in function, and more the fact that some trainer battles have difficulty spikes that aren't hard, just out of place.
>>
>>32566007
Sell that shit for a few bucks and never look back would be my honest advice.
>>
>>32566007
Do a water monotype run.
>>
Play through the entire game only using a magikarp.
>>
Randomizer nuzlocke, or just sell the game if that still doesn't entertain you.
>>
>>32566007
Nuzlocke or mono-type are the go to options. I did an Alolan-form only run a while back that was pretty fun so maybe give that a shot.
>>
>>32566007
Four more years!
Four more years!
>>
>>32566007
So this is something I started doing in X/Y and than I did it on my second playthrough of S/M. I would definitely recommend it.

>Try to mostly use pre-evos (mid-evos are best)
>Try to use moves that would be more "realistic" (for example, water pulse over scald)
>Limit your party size based on what area you're in (you should have 2-3 on most routes, and 3-4 for boss fights)
>Swap party memebers out a lot in order to make sure none of them become overleveled
>No EXP share, except if you want to get something up to par with the rest of your team
>Try to never be leveled higher than any trainer you encounter
>Nickname every mon you catch
>Spend time in Refresh

That's the jist of it. It makes the whole game a lot better.
>>
>>32566007
>>32566046
hello pokebarneyfag
>>
File: 1454136843096.jpg (82KB, 805x640px) Image search: [Google]
1454136843096.jpg
82KB, 805x640px
OP I feel your pain mang.
I been playing pokemon since RBY and I can't seem to get behind SM.

I don't know why I can't get into this one. On paper it seems alright, but I tend to only play for like 10 minutes before I get bored. Fuck I haven't even completed one run.

SM feels so linear. I know that all pokemon games are, but god there is so much hand holding in this one that it kills any love that I had for this series.

Can anyone tell when this game gets fun? Or at least playable?
>>
>>32571158
After the first island
>>
File: 1457876018849.png (103KB, 274x222px) Image search: [Google]
1457876018849.png
103KB, 274x222px
>>32571165
Ah fuck. I know I should play more before complaining. Well, looks like I need to tough out this part of the game.
Thanks.
>>
>>32566007
I can't play pokemon anymore after playing Persona and Digimon CS.
>>
>>32569363
>swap party members a lot
this doesn't work, does it? switch pokémon get 100% the exp
>>
>>32571158
me too, I forced myself to play until the last island but I don't have the will to continue anymore.
>>
>>32571747
>Digimon CS
Playing and enjoying cyber sluts.
What a shame.
>>
>>32571763
it's fast paced and has an interesting story at least, unlike SM sadly
>>
File: 1494956547287.gif (2MB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1494956547287.gif
2MB, 400x240px
>>32571770
>interesting story
>>
>>32566007
>restarting the game
Your biggest mistake. The first island is such a drag that you're bound to lose interest again if you did the first time through.
>>32571747
Dumb personafag. SMT is where it's at, and it is a proper monster catching game so it makes sense to compare it to pokémon unlike persona.
>>
>>32571821
not a persona fag, P5 was my first persona game. Beat it yesterday, actually. never played SMT but it doesn't sound too interesting to me, I'd rather play as school kids desu.
>>32571792
So.
>>
>>32571856
>not a persona fag, P5 was my first persona game. Beat it yesterday, actually. never played SMT but it doesn't sound too interesting to me, I'd rather play as school kids desu.

Fucking lel its the release of Person 3 all over again.
>>
File: fuck.png (188KB, 700x720px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
188KB, 700x720px
>>32566007
I enjoyed the gameplay portion just because I limited myself to only Gen 7 Pokémon, used a full team of six, and avoided the more casual shit like the Exp. Share. The majority of Gen 7 Pokémon are fucking terrible, so most of my team jobbed besides Primarina.
There's nothing that can fix the cutscenes besides a ROMhack that hasn't yet been made, though.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.