[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Any pokemon generation where you don't like all three

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

File: 1352765052006.png (76KB, 200x242px) Image search: [Google]
1352765052006.png
76KB, 200x242px
>Any pokemon generation where you don't like all three of the starters

4 and 7 for me. You?
>>
5 is the worst. I like all but Deciedyue in gen 7 and gen 4 has the best.
>>
5 and 6. 7 is pretty close, too.
>>
File: AllStarters4.jpg (603KB, 881x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AllStarters4.jpg
603KB, 881x1080px
Only 4
>>
>>32565884
2 and 5. I have some nostalgia for Typhlosion but can admit that objectively it's lame.
>>
I liked turtwig.
But the others for gen 4 is pretty bad.
/vp/ made me loathe gen 7 starters pretty hard.
>>
6 and 7
>>
>>32565884
I don't don't like any of the starters, but I just nothing some of them. I nothing 5 and 6.
>>
I suppose gen 1, 4, and 5 are as close as it gets since I only like one starter from those gens.
>>
>5
Because Contrary Snivy is not available as a starter, Overgrow Snivy is complete garbage and the other two starters are abominations of the worst kind.

>6
Because the retarded Chesnaught design ruined the only starter of the generation that I actually liked.

>7
Decidueye gets one point for being a Ghost-type, which means it has 1 point. Too little for me to really care. The other two are insults to the franchise.
>>
>>32565884
Only 7. The Rowlet line is mediocre at best and the rest are hot garbage.
>>
>>32565943

I was a Chespin fag from day one and I still really like Chesnaught too. The only thing that bothers me is that it's shiny is literally so much better looking then it's default that it actually kind of ruins it for me.

I'm never going to get the shiny either without injecting.

>>32565961

I fucking love Poplio so much, why did GF have to make it the girl starter?
>>
>Gen 3
I dislike Blaziken
>Gen 4
Infernapes alright but I just dislike monkeys
>Gen 5
Emboar
>Gen 6
Delphox and Chestnaugbt
>Gen 7
Incineroar

Guess I just dislike fire starters after Typhlosion
>>
>5
Fuck Pignite and Emboar

>7
Fuck Brionne and Primarina
>>
>>32565884
5,6,7 the middle stages are good tier for 7 but the final stages look ridiculous
>>
had a hard time picking in gens 3 and 5, 3 i loved all of them and 5 i hated all of them
>>
>>32565884
2, 5, 6

The others are all fine
>>
>>32565884
>Gen I
Venusaur and Charizard are fine. Blastoise is meh.
>Gen II
Feraligatr is bro-tier. Meganium is ok. Typhlosion is god awful.
>Gen III
All of them are great.
>Gen IV
All are cool.
>Gen V
All garbage.
>Gen VI
Greninja is great, Delphox is cool. Chesnaught is ass.
>Gen VII
All pretty cool.
>>
File: AllStarters6.png (2MB, 1280x1629px) Image search: [Google]
AllStarters6.png
2MB, 1280x1629px
>>32565907
Read the OP wrong, I like every single starter but the monkey line.
>>
>gen 1-2
All good
>gen 3
Sceptile and Swampert are good. Blaziken is meh.
>gen 4
Torterra and Swampert are good. Holy fuck how did GF manage to fuck up a fire monkey?
>gen 5
Serperior is good. Emboar and Samurott are meh.
>gen 6
Well, if I absolutely have to pick one, I guess Delphox isn't too bad?
>gen 7
'no'
>>
>>32565884
4, 5 and 7
>>
>>32565884
>Gen 1
All decent
>Gen 2
All decent
>Gen 3
All good
>Gen 4
All good
>Gen 5
Samurott and Serperior are good. Emboar is ass
>Gen 6
Delphox is the worst starter final evo design I've seen and chesnaught is close to being that bad. Greninja is Greninja.
>Gen 7
Everything bar Incineroar is fine. Its wrists and ankles are way to narrow. Primarina is actually the most creative starter evo I've seen since Gen 4's Empoleon.
>>
>>32565884
>Hate all of them

>dont like any of them

>like at least 1
4 and 2

>like 2 of them

>like all three
3 and 7
>>
>Gen 1
>Bulbasaur line starts out pretty cute but just gets uglier as it goes on and on top of that is boring grass/poison and a tank build which I personally hate playing
>Squirtle line is again ugly, blast pose looks decent but isn't too fun to play with either
>Charizard line=no
>>
>>32565972
>m-muh clown bro
>>
>>32565961

You're not fooling anyone, owlfag.
>>
File: 1494066629951.png (108KB, 250x337px) Image search: [Google]
1494066629951.png
108KB, 250x337px
>Gen 1-2-3
I like all
>Gen 4
Infernape is my least favorite starter, I like Torterra and Empoleon.
>Gen 5
Like Emboar and Serperior but love Samurott.
>Gen 6
I love Greninja and Chesnaught, Delphox has a shitty model
>Gen 7
Love Litten and Hate Incineroar, Decidueye meh and Love brionne but Primarina is pretty meh.
>>
>Gens 1-3
like all of them
>Gen 4
dislike torterra but still not terrible
>Gen 5
I like serperior line and oshawott/dewott but emboar is shit
>Gen 6
greninja is okay but delphox/chesnaught are both shit
>Gen 7
Incineroar is shit but I like it pre evo's and other starters
>>
>>32565884
You have terrible taste desu
>>
>>32566819

What the fuck is wrong with wanting a fun little clown bro? Faggot. Fuck you!
>>
>>32566128
Um swampert gen 4 starter ?
>>
>>32565884
1, Charizard and Vensuaur are bad
2, ok
3, Sceptile
4, ok
5, Snek
6, Naurotoad
7, owl
>>
File: 1477105713058.jpg (129KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1477105713058.jpg
129KB, 500x500px
>>32565884
2 and 5 for me. I dont hate Chikorita or Oshawott. I just liked the other two much more.
>>
>>32565884
>1st
charizard wasn't that bad
>2nd
feraligatr was cool
>3rd
Swampy and Sceptile were great
>4th
meh at best
>5th
serperior is the only one
>6th
grenigger
>7th
worst starters ever

so 4 and 7 have the worst starters, 7 gen being the worst the weird part is 7 gen has great designs, the problem is all the starters are complete shit
>>
>>32565884
Gen 2 and 5
Meganium is ugly as hell.
Typhlosion is boring.
Feraligatr looks like a dumb jock.
Serperior is a prissy edgelord.
Emboar is a fat fuck.
Samurott doesn't make sense.
>>
>>32565884
There's only two gens where I like all of the base form starters: four and seven.The last starter I really liked was serperior, but the worst water starter we've ever had and ganon are real shitty. Venu used to be the only gen 1 starter I didn't like, but the mega fixed it. Typhlosion utterly ruined cyndaquil, but meganium is passable and I quite like feraligatr. Sceptile and swampert are great but blaziken is an awful chicken and was hideous to boot. Gen 4 starters were all great, I remember hating chimchar but being really impressed by infernape. Chesnaught and delphox are the worst grass and fire starters we've ever had, greninja is only tolerable. Gen 7 are all solid, but not great like some of their predecessors. They're passable. Hopefully we get a nice fire snake next gen so I can finally enjoy a fire starter again and really love a starter in general. There's no way they can ruin a snake.
>>
>>32567751

>Typhlosion utterly ruined cyndaquil

I have to say I disagree with your post and you largely have opposing views to my own, but this stuck out the most to me. Typhlosion is literally just a really big cyndaquil, how can you possibly like one and hate the other?
>>
Only 4.
5 is fine...ish? Pig can do some stuff because it has a good offensive typing but I don't like the rest so much.
Only other one I don't go so well is gen 7 but Primarina being delicious Water/Fairy is way too good for my tryhard self to deny.
>>
>>32567782
Yeah, but it's not. Cyndaquil was a cool echidna, and I fucking loved Australian stuff at that age. Everything that was great about cyndaquil gets dropped by quilava. Cute and distinctive squinty eyes? Gone. Echidna motif? Gone. Bland mammal shape? Present. Then typholsion comes out and it's even worse. Quilava stands up and loses the decent head fire for a flaming collar that's only active sometimes. Actually, that's one of the things I hate most about typhlosion; nobody complains about cyndaquil when its fires are out because it doesn't use them as a crutch, but people shat their pants when they saw typhlosion's xy model and bitched about how it was ruined, but that's what it really is. They're just understanding why it's bad because they aren't distracted by the fire. I saw that man in Colosseum or whatever, that's what he is. Now, take something like heliolisk. Nobody says "heliolisk sucks because the frill isn't open all the time," because heliolisk doesn't use it as a crutch to draw your eye away from a bland body type and awkward anatomy. Sorry for ranting, but man do I hate that badger/bear.
>>
Gen 2 because its meh an gen 5 is just horrible
>>
>>32565884
Only 1. All of them are pretty bland desu.
>>
>>32565884
6 and 7.

That said, I don't really dislike any of them except Delphox.
>>
I don't really dislike any of the starters themselves, but for me when a new generation comes out I generally dislike what the starters turn into for a while but eventually get Stockholm syndrome and come to be at least neutral if not baseline like all of them in one evolutionary stage or another.
>>
File: 1495197662028.jpg (78KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495197662028.jpg
78KB, 500x480px
>>32565884
i dont really hate any starters
but there's something about decidueye i don't like
I usually pick the archers or bow users in games
but not decidueye
>>
>>32565884
Boxed my starter in 1, 3 and 5.
>>
if the thread is supposed to be
>gens that you don't like at least one of the starters
then, gens 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7

if the thread is supposed to be
>gens that you like none of the starters
then only gens 5 and 7
>>
>>32567751

what if they just made a regular snake and called it something stupid like ekans(snake backwards lol)
>>
>>32565884
1st Generation: Surprisingly I like all 3 starters despite the fact that I unironically dislike most everything else about this generation. No complaints really.
2nd Generation: Literally almost the exact opposite opinions as of 1st gen, I love the 2nd generation but all three starters are shit, I like Cyndaquil but man its line is literally the worst case in the entire franchise of "it just gets bigger".
3rd Generation: This generation's starters are almost perfect, my favorite Pokemon is Sceptile, and both the Treecko and Mudkip lines are all A+. However, I just dislike Torchic and Combusken. I like Blaziken but the first two stages just look weird, almost awkward to me and it's hard to explain why.
4th Generation: I really don't like any of the middle stages of any of these starters. I am a fan of all the first and final stages (my least favorite would have to be Chimchar of these but I don't hugely dislike it), but all the middle stages feel like "okay we designed these two, now we gotta design something between them", the worst of them being Grotle.
5th Generation: I actually like almost all the starters here, except two - Servine and Dewott.The main reason I dislike these two is that Servine is again "it just gets bigger", and Dewott suffers a problem similar to Sinnoh's problem, but fortunately the other two starter families don't share the same fate.
6th Generation: Basically I love all three stages of Chespin and Froakie, but I really hate all three stages of Fennekin. Okay I kinda like Braixen, it's cute in Pokken and all. But mainly I dislike how they had to make one starter line "the one for girls". It just demonstrates an out-of-touch-ness on GF's part in my opinion.
7th Generation: Literally just copy & paste the 6th Generation opinions but with 7th Generation starters, obviously with the Popplio line taking Fennekin's spot.

Overall, 3rd > 1st > 6th > 5th > 4th > 7th > 2nd.

sorry for the rambling
>>
>>32568219

i think braixen was designed "for the boys"(if u know what i mean)
>>
>>32565884
5, 6, 7 for me.

The basic forms are fine, but I haven't been satisfied with the final stages in at least 10 years.
>>
>>32565884
there's always one starter in every generation I don't care for, genwun is unironically the closest to one where I like all 3 since they all have pretty much the same inoffensive, generic reptilian aesthetic but I don't like Blastoise as much
>>
>>32565884
4/6 and a bit of 1
i never dropped starters othewise
>>
Gen 3. I love Sceptile and like Swampert, but can't stand Blaziken. For Gen 6, I'm also not fond of Delphox, it's so bland.
>>
5 and 6. 6 is the only generation where I boxed my starter.
>>
6, 7 and 2. Gen 1, 3,4 all had brilliant designs. 5 was meh
>>
>>32565884
Gen 2. Gen 7 is close but Primarina kind of redeems it for me.
>>
>>32568219
> But mainly I dislike how they had to make one starter line "the one for girls". It just demonstrates an out-of-touch-ness on GF's part in my opinion

Yes, how dare they cater to female players.
>>
>>32565884
5 and 7
>>
2, 4, 5, 7.

Fire is the weakest link. Though only 4 I really don't like it, the rest are more "don't care".
>>
>>
>>32565884
5 by far
>>
>Gen 1
Blastoise and Venusaur are cool (hate to be that edgy charizard contrarian, but whatever)
>Gen 2
Typhlosion and Feraligatr are good
>Gen 3
All good but Swampert is the weakest
>Gen 4
All good but Emoleon is the weakest
>Gen 5
None good.
>Gen 6
I like Greninja despite him being Gen 6 Zard/Lucario, others are mediocre at best
>Gen 7
None good
>>
2, 3 and 5
>>
3 - dislike Mudkip line
5 - dislike Tepig line and Oshawott
6 - Delphox design is shit
7 - dislike Litten line and Popplio line
>>
>>32565884
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.