[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Blastoise the anime's ultimate jobber? >Gary's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: Counter.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Counter.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
Is Blastoise the anime's ultimate jobber?

>Gary's Blastoise loses to Ash's Charizard
>Blue's Blastoise loses to Red's Charizard in Origins
>Sailor's Blastoise loses to Gladion's Lycanroc

This is a running theme with Blastoise, the only Blastoise I can recall that didn't job is Siebold's Mega Blastoise beating Alain's Megazard X
>>
>>32563204
And also Tierno's Blastoise losing to Sawyer
>>
If you count the movies, one beats Pikachu and Torkoal in the Deoxys one.
>>
>>32563204
well if you look like shit then you should act like it too
>>
>>32563204
I still do not understand why pokemon has such explicit violence when is supposedly an anime for children or at least for everyone.
>>
>>32563233
Have you lived a sheltered live my dude?
>>
>>32563233
There's much worse shit in the TV of japan, some anime with explicit blood and gore, Pokemon is low tier compared to it.
>>
This only makes me sad that the dog didn't get a physical protect clone that worked as a counter...cross counter. Probably too broken though.
>>
His first mistake was using Skull Bash on a fucking rock type.
>>
>>32563258
I know, but supposedly pokémon is aimed to an audience similar to the one of Yokai Watch, nevertheless this last practically is prohibited to show any type of violence (one episode was censored by the same TV Tokyo because it had a bit of violence)
I'm not complaining, just seems curious.
>>
>>32563233
>explicit violence
come back after watching Hellsing and say that again
>>
>>32563295
Violence doesn't need blood to be explicit
>>
>>32563279
Not broken at all. If it works the way I assume it works, it is likely to fail if used in succession and if the foe predicts you, they'll go for will-o-wisp or really literally any fucking move that doesn't make contact. Also, if the move was fighting-type, almost any ghost woukd eat lycanroc alive.

It can be a somewhat decent move, allowing to situationally handle specific physical threats, but that's it since lycanroc can't trap stuff like wobbuffet.

Still better than getting counter shilled as your signature move.
>>
File: YATTE YARU ZE.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
YATTE YARU ZE.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>32563204
It was the ONLY mon in the whole show to knock out BURASTO.

The ultimate jobber is Conkeldurr.
>>
>>32563204
don't forget the blastoise in the first pokemon movie getting it's asshanded to him by Mewtwo.
>>
>>32563345
What move IS that? That animation looked great
>>
>>32563396
dragon pulse
>>
>>32563396
dragon pulse
>>
>>32563345
Siebold Blastoise really manhandled that zard.

Also Slowbro in the mega evolution specials, Mega Slowbro and Mega Blastoise were the only Pokémon on screen shown to defeat ZardX.
>>
>>32563470
We didn't actually see Slowbro beat him, it was just implied. Blastoise was the only one to make him faint on screen.
>>
>>32563233
Wile E. Coyote is literally more violent than this.
>>
>>32563204
>jobber
The two first weren't jobbers in the slightest. Do you know what a jobber is or are you just a retard trying to fit in with your new buzzwords?
The only example you listed of jobbing was Sailor's Blastoise since it sat up Gladion as a serious threat. Blue's Blastoise in Origins was like the main antagonist.
>>
>>32563233
I turned on American tv the other night past midnight and the first thing that I saw was someone get fucking decapitated. Right on screen no cut off or pan away or anything. What the fuck have you been watching?
>>
>>32563609

Still find it funny that in America graphic violence is fine on TV but god forbid there's a 2 second flash of a nipple. Not that I'm advocating the remove of violence from TV just a weird double standard.
>>
>>32563305
>being this delusional
kek
>>
>>32563233
It's literally just flashier sparring.

Not to mention, jokes aside, it's pretty clear most mons enjoy battling.
>>
>>32563295
That's for adults or at least older teens though.
>>
Didn't Ash's Torterra never win a single battle?
>>
>>32563233
t. Concerned Parent
>>
>>32563249
>sheltered
kek
>>
>>32563233
>every fucking physical move glows white to obscure the impact
>all special moves explode to hide the impact in smoke
>this season turned Bite into a fucking flying disembodied jaw made out of glowing energy
>i-it's so violent!
Ever watched the Powerpuff Girls or Ren & Stimpy?
>>
>>32564153
PPG had no business being that fucking awesome, but it somehow was.
>>
>>32563970
No. But as a Turtwig and Grotle it did win battles. And it's just Ash' s Torterra as far as I'm aware. Other Torterra's were fine
>>
>>32563345
>tri attack becomes a dragon head
What?
>>
>>32564325
Except it's Dragon Pulse?
>>
>>32564325
It's dragon pulse boosted with mega-launcher.
>>
>>32564325
Blastoise can't learn to attack. It's just a glorifed dragon pulse. I love it. It's nice to see twists on moves.
>>
One only jobs if one writes a character/something to job like so.
>>
>>32563221
Only because ash's partner didn't know what he was doing.
>>
>>32563345
Didn't groudon and rayquaza also knock it put?
>>
>>32564556
No, it was still in mega form, so it didn't faint.
>>
File: 1492222871928.png (14KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492222871928.png
14KB, 500x600px
>>32563221
Yeah, the Blastoise that still knew bubble
>>
>>32564878
I think it was Bubblebeam
>>
>>32563233
lol. underage
>>
>>32563396
What determines whether the animation looks great or not?
>>
Friendly reminder that Iris he emolga never lost a battle.
>>
>>32563204
The mon didn't job: The trainer is a fucking idiot. Skull bash on a rock type? Seriously?
>>
>>32563305
No, that's completely wrong. In fact, blood is often the determining factor in whether a show gets rated PG, PG-13 or even MA.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.