[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am I in for ? Haven't played Pokemon since emerald

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Pokemon-Sun-3DS-Game.jpg (98KB, 642x550px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Sun-3DS-Game.jpg
98KB, 642x550px
What am I in for ?

Haven't played Pokemon since emerald as a kid.
>>
Something new
>>
>>32563021
>genwun pandering
>LAG
>lackluster postgame
>suffers from modern gamefreak's casualisation
Sweet OST though.
>>
>>32563021
Laggy as fuck matches.
>>
>>32563021
Unskippable cutscenes and extreme handholding
>>
>>32563021
Pokebarneyfag screaming at you every 5 minutes for liking a game
>>
>>32563149
>Unskippable cutscenes and extreme handholding
This.
You could probably put the 3DS in your mouth and chew on the controls and beat the game effortlessly.
>>
its fun
>>
>>32563021
if you like gen 1 and dislike every other gen expect for gen 6, you might like SM.
>>
>>32563021
In general, it's pretty good. It's much, much more story-based than older games but that can be a good or bad thing depending on who you ask.

There are a shit-ton of QOL improvements ranging from the removal of HMs to a much better battle menu. The characters are also pretty cool and the locations are fairly unique. However there are some serious problems with hand-holding (really only on the first island however) and "cutscenes" (they aren't actually cutscenes. what happens is instead of a character delivering dialogue standing still and with no facial expression, they move around and show emotion. personally I don't see this as a bad thing but a lot of people do).

But yeah overall, they're great (definitely the best set of first games in a generation), but certainly not the best.
>>
>>32563021
Why do people make these fucking threads? Why do you want to be spoiled or have your expectations set? Just play the fucking game.
>>
Can I wireless LAN trade on Soulsilver/Heartgold with a DS?
>>
Top 3 best pokemon games easy. Even if you count spin-offs.

>>32563203
That's not true, all my friends who enjoyed the gba/ds era gens all loved this one too. And everywhere online is the same. Why would you lie?
>>
>>32563021
>What am I in for ?
Same as everyone else outside of here, a lot of fun. /vp/ hates it though.
>>
File: 1478690060630[1].png (519KB, 574x448px) Image search: [Google]
1478690060630[1].png
519KB, 574x448px
>>32563021
Just beat this two days ago.

>First half of the game is pretty fucking boring
>Your "rival" is retarded yet still better than barry
>The gayest possible way to replace strength (see pic)
>Tons of "tourists" who only use the standard variants of "Alola form" mon and ONLY those
>An extremely annoying battle mechanic where wild mon can "call for help". This adds no challenge but makes catching some pokemon tedius as fuck since you cant throw balls when the second pokemon arrives
>Fucking no one has six mon teams but you. Not even the elite four.

Honestly I rate it about the same as X/Y. Not bad but nowhere near the top of the game quality.
>>
If I get Pokemon Soul Silver, is that data stored on the DS, or on the cartridge?
>>
Are the hacks Nova Sun/Umbra Moon worth trying out?
>>
>>32563021
A piece of shit. It's easily the worst one in the series.
>>
>>32563546
>S/M the worst
>Not D/P
Get out.
>>
File: pkmn.jpg (141KB, 807x612px) Image search: [Google]
pkmn.jpg
141KB, 807x612px
>>32563394
>>Tons of "tourists" who only use the standard variants of "Alola form" mon and ONLY those
Guess what? Each trainer class uses a thematic team, Hikers uses rock-types, Swimmers uses water-types, etc. What a surprise, heh?

>>Fucking no one has six mon teams but you. Not even the elite four.
Show me someone from Gen 1 to Gen 7 that uses a full team, not including:

>Magikarp Fisher (with his joke team of 6 Magikarps)
>Pokemon Breeders in Hoenn (they used 6 pokemon in really low levels, basic-stage only)
>Trainers in a post-game area

Only the Champion is supposed to have a full team, since the very beggining.
This "why no one uses a full team" meme really needs to stop, if you feel like the game is too easy, just turn the Exp Share off, no grinding is really necessary and the game becomes notably more challenging.
>>
>>32563546
We already know it's you, pokebarneyfag.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.