[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, it's been 6 months now since they were released. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 6

File: Pokémon Sun and Moon.jpg (53KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon Sun and Moon.jpg
53KB, 578x327px
So, it's been 6 months now since they were released.

What went wrong/right?
>>
everything
>>
File: pokemon-sun-and-moon-covers.png (736KB, 869x453px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun-and-moon-covers.png
736KB, 869x453px
>>
File: pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon.jpg (107KB, 800x566px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon.jpg
107KB, 800x566px
>>32557008
Wrong

>Terribly laggy battles
>No skip button for cutscenes
>Still a shallow postgame
>Making ev training more tedious
>Not allowing movement with the D-pad
>Alola forms were under used
> Hau

Right

>Games are much tougher than XY
>Better story than XY
>Nice selection of cameos
>Downplaying megas
>Alola is a great region
>Some cool new pokemon
>Lusamine
>>
>>32557008
Good:
Good game, good story, good characters
Most Pokemon has best designs we ever had
Poke rides

Bad:
Felt too much like an anime
NO BIKE
>>
>>32557051
XY story was great. It was way it was shown to us shit.
>>
>>32557008
We have this thread every fucking day please stop.
>>
>>32557051
>laggy battles

And menus. Seriously, go back and forth from SM to XY/ORAS, you'll notice.
>>
>>32557079
The overall game feels slower than gen 6. Even hp drops more slowly like it was gen 4 again.
>>
>>32557008

It had a lot of character to it. The trial captains felt more memorable than most gym leaders.
>>
>>32557051
>Making ev training more tedious
Wrong. Ev training and breeding easier than it's ever been. The problem is there's isn't a place to grind your Pokémon quickly.
>>
>>32557051
Agree.
Except I don't think it was much tougher than XY at all. I would also add not enough new Pokémon added in SM, and too many were legendaries and single stages.
>>
>>32557102
Whoa, it definitely empties slower than Gen VI, but it's not III or IV slow.

>>32557150
>no way to quickly EV train intricate spreads
>no literally mindless loop, just carpeltunnel inducing circle pad breaking autism box

Nah.
>>
>>32557150
It is more tedious. All you needed in XY is a sweet scent pokemon and use hordes. Fully trained in just under 10 mins.
>>
>>32557051
Alola was fucking ass as a region.
>>
>>32557171
I'm not saying they were difficult, but totem battles alone made them more challenging than XY. XY are literally baby's first pokemon game.
>>
>>32557197
There is literally a busted Pokemon in every area near totems that trivialize the entire thing.
>>
>>32557185
SOS training is almost as fast, that's fine for 252/252/4 spreads. But if you want anything other than that you either gotta do it old school or wait a day or two for Pelago to do it for you.
>>
>>32557185
I remember calculating how much faster hordes are than SOS battles in regards to EV training a while ago. It's nearly twice as fast IIRC.
>>
>>32557197
I get what you're saying, but I never understood this difficulty people had with the Totems. I defeated all of them with one under-leveled Pokémon with type advantage. I think Mimikyu was the only one to make me switch. It's not a bragging thing; I just truly wonder what teams some people built that made SM even the slightest bit challenging.
>>
>>32557197
The only Totem I had problems with was Wishiwashi because my team had nothing SE to Water and several weaknesses, and I just grabbed the Klink with Charge Beam I had sitting in the box from my first use of Island Scan and it solo'd the thing. When I replayed with and I used Litten I wanted to make a flashy KO on Lurantis by using Inferno Overdrive after Castform used Sunny Dance and even with wasting turn after turn waiting for reinforcements to call one I never felt on my toes.
>>
>>32557233
Nuzlocking blind can get the drop on you, especially if you have terrible luck with encounters. But, you know,
>Self imposed challenges
>>
>>32557051
Everything you posted that rent "right" is completely opinion based and could be considered wrong for someone else
>>
>>32557262
I remember when people were shitting their pants about the Wishiwashi with rain dance. The thing only had Water Gun and completely wasted it because it always had to use Soak first.
>>
>>32557233
Alola only Pokemon maybe? Since most of them are shitmons, especially if you don't count Alolan variants.
>>
>>32557051
>Alola is a great region
No.
>>
>>32557293
I only used Alola Pokemon, like I only use Johto Pokemon in GSC/HGSS, Hoenn Pokemon in RSE/ORAS, and Kalos Pokemon in XY, and so on with every region. Still didn't have issues.
>>
>>32557312
Holy shit, you word-for-word commented what I was about to.
>>
>>32557293
>>32557312
Eh, I found myself using older Pokémon that I rarely or simply had never used in SM.
>>
>>32557008
>adzpower

What a weird account name for a paid shill, guess this one was bought out.
>>
These games are fucking suck, straight up.

Wrong
>excessive, almost patronizing handholding
>too many (unskippable) cutscenes, completely kills replay value
>notable lack of dungeons and towns are too small with nothing to do in any of them, routes are often straight lines.
>performance issues up the ass, slows down the already slow as fuck game, double/multi battles might as well be unplayable
>all of Festival Plaza
>the game is clearly rushed and incomplete in a lot of areas, even worse so than X and Y
>half the areas on the already small as fuck map aren't even accessible, seriously, look at Paniola Town and Po Town, only ONE house is enterable not counting the Pokemon center
>postgame is a total joke, Ultra Beasts as important to the plot as they were got relegated to a fucking fetch quest and the Battle Tree is nowhere near as good as the PWT despite this being a 20th anniversary title
>Alolan Forms were not nearly as interesting as they could have been
>Z Moves were tacked on

Right
>the designs for both characters and Pokemon were strong all around
>fully proportioned overworld
>>
>>32557922
>These games are fucking suck
Average intelligence of SM hater revealed
>>
>>32557922
Your comment tells me that you only tried hard to look for negative aspects.
>>
>>32557940
Okay, I made a grammmatical error, now actually address the points made.
>>
the amount of cut scenes are completely unbearable to me. I only just beat the elite four today, 6 months into the games release because I couldn't stand it. And now I have the cut scenes for this stupid island festival playing. Christ, just let me skip them and play.
>>
>>32557986
To me it was more that I felt the story was getting in the way of actually playing the game.
>>
It was great for a pokemon game.
But as usual after you've done the Story there's not much reason to keep playing anymore.

I dream that one day we'll have a pokemon game similar to the new Zelda. where you can get lost in the sheer size of the world and side tracked with lots of side quests.
>>
>>32558005
That too. The excessive dialogue along with the cut scenes was a huge bummer for me. I actually liked a lot of the game otherwise.
>>
>>32557008
Bad

hyping battle tree
pokemon selection
story pacing
ultrabeasts , lusamine and team skull were poorly developed
boring overworld aside of Poni Island
some alolamons are rare encounters
SOS mechanics need more polish

Good

trials were good
z moves are interesting are not overpowered like megas
Poni island
Battle styles
Pokepelago
Totem pokemon
>>
Sun and Moon have a lot of good ideas but Game Freak never fully expanded on them to make any of them great. Then there is stuff like Festival Plaza and Battle Royals that are done right awful. The only thing I don't have some issue with are Ride Pokémon except that the music is annoying, but still I'll take a Tauros over a bike any day. Pokemon and character design is also really great overall, but it always is so that's not saying much.

Really though the thing that gets me the most are all the features they removed. Removal of big stuff like NationalDex and Triples as well Rotation battles to even small stuff like actual names for the protagonists and unique encounter themes for every Trainer Class really upsets me. Top this all off with performance issues and it's the most disappointed I've been with any Pokemon game.

The thing is I think they could really fix a lot of Sun and Moons issues with a third version. Not on 3DS but hopefully on Switch. Even stuff like the story which I liked could be improved. Particularly adding more with the Ultra Beasts, they aren't even a problem when the come out of Ultra Space. Seriously why does no one seem to care that a bunch of crazy looking monsters came out of wormholes in the sky!?
>>
>>32558080
>Good
>trials were good
>Poni island
The trials were just okay, it just felt like gym battles with a different gimmick really. And Poni felt kind of barren.
>>
>>32557277
No shit Sherlock, this entire thread is about opinions.
>>
>>32558095
>Really though the thing that gets me the most are all the features they removed.
And people still defend them and actually even praise them for this.

Pokemon is the only franchise where I see that features, and well loved ones at that, get removed and people cheer for it. It's crazy.
>>
>>32558080
>Bad
>Ultrabeast
Them be fighting words. Ultrabeasts were the best thing from SM. Design-wise, lore-wise, stat-wise, they were all phenomial.
>>
>>32557008
>wrong
No skip button.
PSS removal.

>right
Literally everything else, including the cutscenes.
>>
>>32557185
All you need is an adamant orb and to find one Pokémon. Literally 2-5 minutes. Significantly faster than 6th gen
>>
>>32557051
>Nice selection of cameos
>when no jphto character appears in the game
20th anniversary game my ass!
>>
>>32557008
I can't even think of what went right anymore. I guess the ability buffs to some Pokemon were pretty good. Gale Wings being nerfed into the ground was okay.

Everything else I just don't care about or dislike. Z-moves are a weird decision after megas and Gamefreak's reasoning for it is downright retarded. Totems are nothing more than reskinned gym battles and are only difficult if you're playing completely blind (even then it's obvious what type you'll be fighting against). The difficulty of the game is barely a step up from XYORAS - most trainers have 1-2 Pokemon, the captains are optional battles for the most part, and the kahunas have 3 Pokemon only. A lot of Pokemon are missing moves or have retarded movesets that make them much easier (Lusamine's Bewear cannot hit ghosts, for example). The festival plaza isn't really fun or interesting and can get tedious, hyper training is downright retarded because of how difficult it is to grind your Pokemon to 100, and Alolan forms are swings and misses.

In addition, the region is barren as fuck, more linear than fucking gen 5 (holy fuck what an achievement), and filled with fade-to-black cutscenes that really shouldn't even be there. The introduction of the game takes forever (why? Even XY wasn't that bad) and is filled with tutorials that even a child would find insulting.

The story is pretty mediocre. It does nothing new even to the franchise itself and completely drops the ball with the Ultra Beasts. In fact the only reason you know the ultra beasts appeared in areas other than the first island is because you're told so. No somewhat destroyed areas or any indication they appeared. Compare this to RSE where the box legends being awake changes gameplay somewhat and causes the weather to slowly expand.

Lillie is babby's first waifu. I still can't believe the game tells me "dude, it's okay if you're not a trainer" when the only fucking way to get shit done in every game is to be a trainer.
>>
>Wrong
Clearly rushed
Still not as much content as it could have
You bring back exp balancing only to Fuck everybody over with the bottle caps that only work Level 100 without a reliable way of getting to Level 100
New Pokémon are extremely rare, WHY

>Right
The overall quality of the Island's and how they were set up
Majority of new Pokémon designs are great
Alolan forms are a nice idea to reuse past Pokemon while also being fresh
Totem Pokémon battles are fanfuckingtastic
Cleaning up a lot of problems like fixing HM's with Ride Pokemon and Pokemon Palego making use of PC Pokemon
BW tier story except everybody in the island are expressive and develop as a whole

>Trivial
The cutscene issues, it works on your first playthrough
Mega distributions
Despite what I mentioned above about the characters, the fact that demo gave Golfer girl more insight than the actual game
Kukui technically not counting as the champion
>>
>>32557008
Zygarde did not live up to the hype, though this isn't the only complaint, but seriously finding 100 cells and then not get to keep the perfect form was fucking stupid.

Too few alola forms desu, at the very least a few more Kanto mons should had gotten alola forms

Half or more of the alola dex is fucking slow

All the starters being slow too was surprising, and a positive way either

"It all comes together" dat marketing hype, didn't really seem or feel like that happened in-game at all

Cutscenes occur way too often desu, every damn time you visit a new town you always end up with a long cutscene or handholding shit happening before you can continue...

Although, despite these complaints I do find Gen 7 so far to be at the very least decent
>>
>>32557008
>Right
Pretty region and game overall.
Interesting and fun new mons.
Alola forms.
PokéRide.
Totem battles.
Exp yield.
PokePelago.

>Wrong
Customisation managed to be worse. than XY (loafers with shorts? Seriously?).
Literally no dungeons.
Literally a straight line which seemed to be made worse by lack of dungeons.
Boring and small Pokedex with the same old shit from the past 20 years.
Ridiculous wasteful slap-dash plot.
SOS battles.
Ugly HP bars.
Nobody likes all 3 starters.
All the new mons are stupidly slow for some reason.
All towns and cities are a fucking line. 20 years later and Kanto has more charm than most of Alola.
>>
>>32558585
All the starters being slow too was surprising, and NOT in a positive way*
>>
>>32557008

>right

pretty looking region
overall great visuals and endearing art style
solid character and Pokémon designs all round
totem battles were great, some of them surprised me
I rather enjoyed the story
ev training easier than ever. SOS battles double ev's; only 7 SOS knockouts with pokérus+power item to max a stat.

>wrong

too much content rushed or cut just to get the game released during the franchise' 20th anniversary year.
while I enjoyed the story, the amount of dialogue and cutscenes was a bit too excessive
sometimes progressing through the region felt way too railroaded, with very little to actually discover for yourself
shallow post-game
no national dex?
>>
Right:

> Z-Moves
> Removal of HMs
> Island trials
> Small quality-of-life features (like press Y to throw a Pokeball)
> Alola forms are a good idea

Wrong:

> Excessive cutscenes
> Bad framerate
> Too much plot/characters
> Too much handholding
> Alola forms are too similar to each other
>>
Seems like everyone is either forgetting or ignoring / accepting the amount of gen 1 faggotry.

Both this game and x/y were way too focused on remembering the originals. It takes away from the current gen to constantly shove gen 1 down our throats.
>>
>>32557922
It's not as unfinished as XY. No game is that unfinished.
XY was basically in beta still, like the route with the power plant.

Sun Moon is finished, it's just laggy as all hell, it should've been n3ds exclusive or on switch but GF needed its jewgolds so they had to make it work on 3ds.
>>
>>32557008
Good:
Good story and characters for a pokemon game
great music
tougher difficulty than X and Y
Solid to amazing pokemon designs
Alolan forms were pretty refreshing and i hope it continues with other regions
Updated character customization
Alola itself is a very pretty region
No HM moves

Bad:
not a lot of puzzles/challenges outside of battling.
Little to no postgame
totem pokemon could've been better executed
TOO MUCH KANTO COCKSUCKING
only 70-80 pokemon in the entire dex when some looked like they could have evolutions/pre-evolutions
whats up with most alolan pokemon being so slow?
>>
>>32557008
Wrong:
>Removal of battle modes for the sake of including trainer models, which are small and shitty and something no one wanted, especially in 240p
>shitty laggy particle effects for poorly animated, stiff looking z-moves
>Males again shafted on dress up sim
>somehow made worse by limiting the clothing options you have
>tedious, unintuitive dye system
>for whatever stupid reason, clothes are version exclusive
>abandonment of Mega Evolutions. Mega ledian may have made Ledian worth using, but Savage Spin Out definitely does not
>Tiny region with almost no explorative areas, game padded for length by numerous cutscenes
>Hyping up Alola Forms, but only two of them don't suck dick and there are barely any to begin with
>Continuing this Gen 1 circle jerk
>Bottom screen is utterly worthless, even as a map because Rotom's eyes take up valuable screen real estate. Even Gen 5, whose screen only reminded you that you were offline, had the decency to include a clock
>Pokemon-Amie is now whatever stupid shit this is
>Trials are shit and even easier than gyms
>Story was bad, despite how heavy handed it is. The very first cutscene spoils the fact that Aether is bad. Why even do that?

Right:
>It added some stuff, like bringing back characters like Anabel. I didn't care for it but others might've
>IV Judge
>Pokepelago is convenient but could be better
>>
>>32559446
Honestly the other flaws of the game overshadow that. muh genwun is less annoying than some of the other garbage they shove into the games.
>>
>>32559538
>not a lot of puzzles/challenges outside of battling.

this implies that there were more than zero
>>
>>32557008
>thread is raged always at the same times of the day
>posts are even timed because OP is typing on at a time
>half can't even describe the game (t-t-too easy, n-n-no postgame)

Maybe OP is teaching new interns how to shill, hope the previous shill didn't quit under stress.
>>
>>32559648
>>posts are even timed because OP is typing on at a time

Truth, that's why it's so easy to spot OP/coverfag/ORAShatetard/pokebarneyfag, See:

>>32559647
>>32559629

OP can't even hide anymore
>>
>>32557008
tits or gtfo
>>
>>32557922
At least they got rid of HMs, right? Give 'em that much.
>>
>>32557008
>sonic 06
>no post-game!
>I already returned *insert newest nintendo game*
>I bought *insert newest console* I swear but nobody should! It's shit and breaks!
>the problem with ORAS!
>what went wrong?!
>defend this!
>*insert the word "gyms" without context*
>ROUTE ONE!!!!!111
>*insert newest game* is the easiest EVER
>*insert newest game* has the least post-game EVER
>I had ONE pokemon, never grinded and one-shotted everybody until the league! It was this easy I swear!
>*insert newest feature/character* is horrible because it lacks "charm" and it's not "fullyfying"
>I play for 20 years since R/B but *insert newest game* was the first time EVER I gave up and couldnt continue!
>this *newest nintendo game* sold like shit! It's dead in the water!
>*insert non-/vp/related reactiong pic*

I'm shilling just like you do OP/pokebarneyfag: Am I doing right?

Will you ask your boss to give me a job and astro turf with you now?
>>
>>32557480
>>32559648
>>32559659
>>32560079
What the fuck are you guys even talking about?
>>
>>32560341
Some autistic dumbass thinks it's one person who posts "what do you think of SM" threads
>>
>>32557102
>hit a pokemon that has 1HP left
>the bar still takes an entire second to deplete fully
who the fuck thought that was a good idea
>>
>>32559277
>> Too much plot/characters
End your life.
>>
Fuck Sun and Moon.
>>
>>32557008
Wrong
>hopebiscuit is a millionaire thanks to the leaks

Right

>Nothing
>>
>>32557195
>>32557298
Both wrong
>>
>>32557200
Magnemite and Tsareena(ESPECIALLY BOUNCEE) are cruise control.
>>
>>32567140
Sorry, typo. i mean both are right
>>
>>32557277

I'm alarmed that you felt the need to even say this, as if it doesn't apply to literally every single post in this thread. Are you feeling ok? I think you should lie down.
>>
I don't care what you faggots say SM was good.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13004565
>>
>>32557065
the LORE was good. the story sucked dick.
>>
>>32557008

Right:

> Mareanie and Toxapex
> Aether Foundation is aestetically cool
> No more MNs

Wrong:

> Slow as fuck
> Cutscenes
> Primarina
> Incineroar
> Ruining Salandit with waifubait
> No National Pokédex
> No Gyms nor Badges
> Easy and short
> Slow engine
> Hau
> Primarina and Incineroar
> Incineroar and Primarina
> No dungeons, they make you skip entirely the volcano!!!!!!!
> Festiplaza
> Ultrabeasts
> Too few Mons
> Z fucking moves and Z fucking crystals make me feel like I'm playing some stupid 3 yo videogame
> No new Megas
> Sugimori didn't draw the official artworks
> City names are impossibile to remember and almost every city but Malie look the same
> Bottom screen is useless
> Rotom Dex is not a playable Pokémon
> Not every Megastone available
> Incineroar
> Primarina
>>
>>32557008
XY was better fight me
>>
>>32562620
>thread with axtual, peaceful discussion
>they shit on it anyway, because "muh buzzwords", most of which weren't even used in the context they imply

Come on anon, they can't be THIS retarded, can they?
>>
>>32569892
Meant to reply to >>32560753
>>
>>32569734
Spotted the owl falseflagger. You almost got me by not including Decidueye in pros. Good, you're getting smarter. You can celebrate with an "its basicly confirmd guise" Ash-Decidueye thread. Go ahead, this one is on me.
>>
>got this game for christmas
>still haven't even taken it out of the box
>>
>>32557008
Kek, let me add my opinion

Right:
>Mostly solid new mons, with a large selection of pokemon
>Good story
>Step in the right direction for difficulty
>Retconning and replacing Gym Leaders
>Z-Moves

Wrong:
>Too many cutscenes, and no skip option
>Focus on story left the region underdeveloped (Note, I still think it's an okay region)
>Not enough Alolan Forms, no Alolan Forms of non-Gen 1 mons
>Retconning online access from the touchscreen for an annoying rotomn-dex and a Join Avenue copycat
>Limited clothing options
>>
>>32569970
Stop with this cutscenes, stupid asshole
>>
>>32569623
I agree with this.

>>32569824
I'd rate them the same, but for different reasons.
>>
>>32557008
How hard it is to level shit up to 100 just made me drop them competely.
>>
>Wrong
-Fuckton of unskippable cutscenes
-Alolan Forms are only for Gen 1 Pokemon
-Limited customisation
-FESTIVAL PLAZA (PSS was really good)
-A lot of unobtainable Mega Stones. I know some people might don't like Mega Evolution, but there are still some people who use it.
-Focusing on Lillie. I don't mind her as character but it feels like it's her adventure and not mine.
-No bike.
-UBs just exist
-1% encounter rates
-Incineroar

>Right
-Story was pretty okay, region is comfy too
-Mareanie and Toxapex
-Getting rid of HMs
-IV judge

The most painful thing in Sun and Moon is poorly designed Ultra Space. I wonder why it is so empty and little. It's just wasted potential. I will use a Distortion World as and example of how it should look like. Distortion World is (problably) the first attempt to use X/Y/Z axis in core games. Also, Distortion World was pretty expanded (all these platforms, floors and jumping sequences were just awesome in my opinion) and had the feeling of being in a labirynth. Just imagine this flip-flop world in 3D. In SM you just go and meet Lusamine, then fight her in claustrophobic room. I know some people just don't like DPPt at all, but it made something similar to Ultra Space much earlier and MUCH BETTER.
>>
>>32557008
Single player was pretty good, I liked a lot of the new Pokemon and they made some nice changes.

I really want them to just incorporate a Showdown style online mode though. Having to engage with tedious single player activities to enjoy multiplayer just kills it for me. I want the multiplayer not be dependant on the single player, and the mere existence of showdown proves that there's a not insignificant market for that kind of mode.

I don't really like playing on a webpage with shitty showdown graphics.
>>
File: 1475822046486.png (237KB, 588x434px) Image search: [Google]
1475822046486.png
237KB, 588x434px
>>32557150
Yes, its like that in the last generation. Because we don't have a way to do that reliably again in this generation it once again became tedious.
>>
>>32570815
>Story was pretty okay, region is comfy too
no. the story is pretty terrible.
>>
File: (You)zma.png (556KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
(You)zma.png
556KB, 800x1280px
>>32570984
It's subjective opinion. Go ahead and tell me that I have shit taste.
>>
I actually haven't beaten Sun and Moon yet. My team is in their 20's. I'll try and beat it this week. Call me crazy but I think it was the customization that hurt the game for me. The Islands, 3D battles, new Pokemon, the story, ect. I'm loving all of it, it's just I feel like I'm playing a Zelda game running around so freely instead of being a sprite going up down left or right. But yeah more outfits would have been nice. XY has great outfits.
>>
>>32569512
Pokebarneyfag on suicide watch
>>
>>32559515
>Sun Moon is finished
>Empty lots in half the towns
>>
They tried to turn it into some kind of final fantasy shit with a le deeper story.
>>
>>32558264
Agreed, most of the time god toward designs aren't able to be easily related to one single origin or inspiration for the design and instead smoothly morph into one like the UBs.
>>
>>32564764
would you rather have 2 characters with extremely well done development or 8 characters with 2 traits each that you're expected to remember
>>
>>32558264
Jesus, is it possible to have such garbage taste? The UB are shit, and you know it.
>>
>>32569498
This board is cancer and vp is full of complaining fuckers. So this exactly
>>
>>32564764
Fuck outta here cuck. Too many cutscenes is a bad thing as it kills any immersion within a game. Go back to playing Kingdom Hearts like the manchild you are.
>>
>>32575247
Too many cutscenes in itself isn't the problem, the problem was that the pacing was way off.
>>
>>32557008
Almost everything went right.

Only thing they did wrong was how they handled Ash Greninja, I like it but it could've been done better. And how they made Core a non-trainable/battle pokemon. Also they gave Pikachu so many different Z-moves, but they didn't give the legendary, the ultra beasts, or any more deserving Pokemon unique ones.
>>
>>32557922
>This whole post
Maybe avoid sharing your shit taste and opinions from now on. The mere fact you actually think Z-moves are "tacked on" says it all.

The cutscenes are A-Okay for anyone that isn't an ADD/ADHD riddled idiot.

Gonna stop there so this post doesn't get any longer
>>
>>32577166
No permanent Complete Zygarde was disappointing af
>>
>>32557287
I'm sorry but water gun in the rain off of a base 140 special attack is going to seriously hurt anything that d oesnt resist it. Though I wish this game came with difficulty options so the moveset would be like

Easy - always uses soak
Normal - sometimes uses soak
Hard - water gun is now water pulse, sometimes uses soak
>>
>right
-graphics are pretty
-soundtrack is awesome
-almost all the new mons have some kind of gimmick that makes them somwhat memorable
-Z-crystals are a nice mechanic
-Terrains are now a relevant aspect of the game
-nice streamlined menus, quality of life stuff like IV checker and stat-up monitor added
-expanded character customization
-decent amount of challenge for a blind playthrough compared to the previous games
-changed the old 8 gyms formula
-removed HMs

>wrong
-way too many pointless dialogue and excessive handholding
-the story is meh and so are the characters
-the pacing is thrown off a window in the last part of the game
-not many new pokemon
-Terrain abilities are exclusive to very strong fairy types and this has affected the meta negatively
-battles are laggy because of trainer models AND they removed triples and rotation for the same reason (this is the biggest flaw IMO)
-minimal postgame, I miss battle factory
-facilities like Plaza or Pelago are more grindy and time-consuming that they need to be
-no in-game NatDex
-no more horde battles or blissey bases for easier EV maxing and levelling up (although Pelago and SOS are nice as well)
>>
Right
>Battle Royale is kind of fun at times.
>Ultra Beasts should be an ongoing part of Pokemon or something similar
>Region Forms were a nice take on updating the Pokedex without increasing the numbers
>The Battle Tree
>Everyone gets a 1:1-ish model
>Totem Pokemon. Not the Pokemon in on itself, but rather the series having boss battles without involving a trainer (directly)

Wrong
>Ultra Beast post-game should have been part of the plot, derailing your trial but the captures/Pokedex entries wouldn't be attainable until post-game.
>Lusamine should have been battle-able twice. Once with her team and with a team of Ultra Beasts as Mother Beast
>All captains should be battle-able outside their trial. All.
>More characters should have been on vacation in the Battle Tree.
>3DS hardware can't keep up, Triple and Rotation Battles got cut
>Fucking Protect spam in Battle Royale
>They killed off Mega evolution and made it nightmare fuel in the dex entries
>Why Region forms gotta be only Kanto shit, though?
>No national dex in-game
>Customization is version dependent like Pokemon. What the fuck?
>Why did Aether need Pokemon captured from Team Skull again?
>Some Pokemon are not native to Alola that probably should have been, like Bellossom.
>Jangmo-o's line.
>>
NO fucking triple battle

Everything else is satisfactory
>>
>>32577178 Cutscenes are fine but the amount of constant interruptions was completely out of hand, especially since they aren't skippable
>>
>>32577178
>The cutscenes are A-Okay for anyone that isn't an ADD/ADHD riddled idiot.
Yeah, I sure do love exploring only to be stopped by some random faggot telling me some inane garbage, letting the screen slowly fade to black, and then slowly fade back. The actual cutscenes are fine but the fade-to-black scenes are out of fucking hand.
>>
>>32557922
>all of Festival Plaza

SM were alright but holy fucking shit this shit right here makes me want to avoid online stuff entirely. GF went straight from having the best layout for online to arguably the worst one in the whole series.

Also
>alola forms are genwun only
>>
>You will NEVER obtain your Mega Stone again if you didn't participate in the event or if you start a new game
lol, at least in Shuffle they are starting to periodically add old Mega Stones as Mission Card reward
>>
>>32578135
This must happen ahhhhhhh
>>
File: ILsYDCj.png (111KB, 307x355px) Image search: [Google]
ILsYDCj.png
111KB, 307x355px
We need
1.PvP reward
2.Daily tasks
3.Nonlinear gameplay
4.More waifu
>>
Stuff that's not been said

> wrong

* lazy enough not to include the opposite of Sunny Day, Starry Night.
* too much Tarmac everywhere
* ridiculous road blocks, like the woman whose Pokémon was sniffing the ground
* Not unlocking areas yourself. you used to have to earn the right to use HMs outside of battle. Now you get given ride Pokémon when they decide they want you to go somewhere new.
* Music gives me a headache. Heeeyalbuysdfgbfksdfkskdaeh
* constantly being interrupted by story or with 'tell' rather than 'show'
* gym replacements were just a short series of battles with Pokémon and didn't involve any puzzles
* too much Dugtrio, who looks shit. Steel Dugtrio should have had barbed wire hair.
* everything else
>>
>>32557922
Fuck the SM cocksuckers, you are 100% right
>>
>>32557008
You just did one of those in fucking leddit of all places.

Are you an actual fat woman like that account implies or was it just bought out?
>>
Pokemon should have never made the jump to 3D
BW2 was the pinnacle of the series
>>
>>32582252
>>32582232
>>32582252
>>32557922
>>32557959

Hey pokebarneyfag, did you got a raise to samefag your thread for so long? I heard paid shills are paid like shit and most are on shit countries like India and Singapore (which is why you can't speak english).
>>
>>32582295
>>32557008

tits or gtfo
>>
>>32582299
>anyone who disagrees with me is the same person and also a paid shill
Nigger who would even be paying people to shill against a six month old pokemon game on 4chan
>>
>>32582299
>most are on shit countries like India and Singapore

That would explain why the following:

>>32559446
>>32582252

Sound like a retarded person who doesn't know what pokemon is said it. Maybe it's new interns.

>>32557959
>posts wall of b8s and flat out misinfo
>if anyone replies, says they don't adress your "points" which don't exist
>repeat same b8 ad infinitum

You did this same shit when Oras came out, and before that on the wii u games on /v/. Really weak overall.
>>
>>32582323

The same ones who paid you to spam daily on 4chan, neogaf, gayddit etc for 3 whole years when ORAS came out. Astroturfing got really bad here

>"disagrees with me"
>daily copypastas samefagged everyday over 3 years are "disagreement"

You can literally look up the archives for your shit, pokebarneyfag, that's why nobody else buys it anymore. Those threads are either your samefag or people who want to troll you.
>>
Good:
>10/10 loli
>first time since DPPt where new form methods don't suck
>better than XY

Bad:
>Some nigga stole all the bikes
>Certain forms can be useless (Raticate)
>Battles can be slow as shit
>The "anime feel" gets worse every new title, S/M included.
>>
>>32582330
>You did this same shit when Oras came out, and before that on the wii u games on /v/.

And he just did it again see >>32582323

Watch as the gay manlet keep trying to samefag the same pastas 1 year from now, like he did with ORAS threads.
>>
Mine was super heavy, like first day was a new tampon every hour or so, but I had a nearly 60 day gap between them so I'm guessing it just had a lot to build up or something lol I need to try some other medicines because I've been through tylenol, ibuprofen, and midol and none of them seem to help too much. But my heating pad is my lifeblood.

Yikes!
>>
>>32582378
forgot greentext. Also

>No estrogen blockers, I'm starting T this month so getting on them right now wouldn't do too much for me

Yuukes!
>>
>>32582369
Oh, forgot:

Good
>Toku-style Z move activation

Bad
>Z moves could be way better, not enough variety.
>>
>>32569512
bumping
>>
>>32582323
Just like people are paid to shill the Ghostbusters Reboot a year after launched
>>
>>32569623
>>32569734
>MNs

You know shills are going nuclear when they hired an illiterates who don't know the subject to do the job.
>>
>>32582323
You tell who paid you Pokebarneyfag: you shilled againt a 2 years old game last time.

If it was just here, you'd just be an Omega-autist like Quentyn, you posting the same pastas in other sites while not acting like a troll in them means you have an agenda to sell. Everybody who lurks this place for more than a month knows your shit already.
>>
>>32557008
I see you've been samefagging the same shit for 4 days girl?

Why so much effort when I offered help already? Just post your Tits and I help your shilling, you can trust me girl.

Bump, so my waifu OP can take her Tits picture.
>>
no 3D

/thread
>>
>>32557051
>Alola forms were under used.

This, fucking this.

I expected dark type zubats.
Fighting type alakazams.

Heck, something from more generations. (But maybe they're saving that for DP remakes, something like "parallel universe form" or some shit that expands on the "alternate pokemon" theme.)

All we got was kanto and SOME alolan on early routes repeating over and over.

Im tired of trump on every route.
>>
>>32557008
Worst part...

>I miss Hau. Do you miss
Open menu
Check pokemon
Close menu
>I miss Hau. Do you miss Hau? We should
Visit Poke Palego
Leave
>I miss Hau. Do you miss Hau? We sho
For some reason decide to visit Shit Festival
Be there quite a while trading breeding rejects
Time to leave
>I miss Hau. Do you miss Hau? We should bring him some malasade sometime.

NO! I don't miss Hau! I'm glad that autistic fucker is out of my life!
Always with his spastic movements, jumping around like a monkey, constantly blabbering about malasada.
He didn't take pokemon seriously, he thought he would just have a wee bit o fun and I wrecked his shit.
I broke the bones of his pokemon because they were weak. I literally crushed them Rotom! I ground them to dust!
Now could you please shut the fuck up before I exorcise you?
God knows I need to free up some space on this thing to install the National Dex.
>>
>>32557008
Almost everything was right and the things that are wrong are almost always valueless opinions

Only legitimate bad thing is the complete 180 they pulled for breeding as far as automation goes
>>
>>32557008

>I (24F) have a LDR boyfriend (25M) in Paris who I love with all my heart. We've known each other for three years but have been dating for most of that time, and I like to think that things are still going pretty well for both of us. He works long hours and sometimes goes to bed early. It also doesn't help that we're seven hours apart and he's usually close to calling it a night when I get off work and have time to talk. Because of this and how tired he's been for the past few weeks, my boyfriend constantly feels like he's "neglecting" me. I'm a pretty understanding person and I know he isn't as bad as he thinks he is (I've had worse things happen to me by other guys), I'm not going to be upset with someone who needs their rest. Plus, he's always there for me when I need him and he knows that I'm happy with him. But no matter what I say or how often I say it, he keeps beating himself up for no reason. I feel bad knowing that feels this way, even after I do everything I can to convince him that he isn't neglectful. What can I do to help cheer him up? Or at the very least, get him to have this thought less often?

Is this story true or did you made to make the bought account realistic, girl?
>>
All of team skull was fucking horrible. I never thought I'd miss team flare and I don't, but I almost did.
>>
>>32557012
/thread
>>
>>32557008

wrong
>doesn't let you buy ultra balls before you go to fight the Tapu

Right
>Acerola
>Police guy
>Lusamine
>Guzman
>skulls
>>
Right
>Alola has a real nice atmosphere to it
>Some of the characters and story elements really worked well

Wrong:
>Limited postgame
>No easy grinding spots beyond level 50 making hyper training a pointless addition
>Everything is slow as balls
>Barely any new pokemon and most are rare
>Some characters and story elements are really fucking lame
>Exploration is hindered by large swaths of land being skipped hy gateways or fenced off (Brooklet Hill caves, golf course)
>Battle Tree is the worst battle facility in terms of being a cheating bitch, starts tossing counters at you from battle 1 of regular singles
>have to rely on bank for more than half of the pokemon species
>no move tutors (honestly fuck gamefreak for making this tradition)
>>
Battle Frontier
>>
>>32557171
In XY you're going to be fine without the Exp. Share, but in SM you're way underleveled once you get to the last island. I was burning through my potion supply in there super fast.
Both games are a joke if you have it turned on.
>>
>>32585722
That's because SM's last part is balanced with the Exp Share being on the whole time but the first three islands are balanced with it being off the entire time. Regardless the fact that most trainers have one or two Pokemon 90% of the time still makes it piss easy.
>>
>>32585730
Eh, with the exp share of I would say it is alright in difficulty compared to other pokémon games. Not that any pokémon game is hard.
Vast Poni Canyon ends with a trainer with four pokémon at relatively high level, while not a single trainer in BW's Victory Road has more than three.
Hapu also has four pokémon, which is more than any gym leader has been allowed to have in gen V and VI.
The E4 is luckily also back to having 5 pokémon, instead of just four like in gen V or VI for whatever dumb reason.
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.