[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just been playing Pokemon Green recently to get the nostalgia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 2i.jpg (70KB, 487x423px) Image search: [Google]
2i.jpg
70KB, 487x423px
Just been playing Pokemon Green recently to get the nostalgia feel from Gen I. And seriously, who the fuck thought releasing this shit was a good idea?
>waking up wastes one turn
>Wrap is retardedly OP and coupled with paralysis or badly poisoned status makes it overwhelming
>there's even a fucking bug where a poisoned Pokemon using Wrap triggers twice the status damage for each of the extra attacks
>luck-based events such as self-damage during confusion, accuracy, and stuff like critical hits either work all the fucking time or never (Ondine's Starmie crit 4 fucking times in a row when I fought it)
>Psychic types are absolutely overwhelming and catching a fucking Abra in the wild on the north of Cerulean makes you go Easy mode for the entire duration of the game
>Ghost counters most attacks (they'd be quite OP too if they weren't Poison type as well)
>Grass, Bug and Ghost types have to rely on status changes because who the fuck cares about making actual attacks for them
>SP ATK and SP DEF are gathered in a single stat, which makes it a must-have for any Pokemon, no matter if it actually uses special attacks or not...
>...which does not fucking matter anyway because special attacks barely exist and Psychic types hold the monopoly over the few that actually exist

How ANYONE can think those games are good is fucking beyond any understanding.
>>
>>32556974
>Ondine
Bonjour, friend!

But I agree, Gen I mechanics are shit.
>>
>>32556974
I like one main thing about first games. Many creatures learn A LOT of normal attacks and TMs are precious things that expand the posibilities.
>>
>>32557017
>many creatures learn a lot of normal attacks
>so rock and ghost types become needed
>as a result, psychics become staple because the former have very low special and the latter are weak due to secondary types
>as a response to Psychic types, there's ????
There was fucking nothing. Psychic types were the top of the food chain and no amount of TM could correct this, not even using your Jolteon with Pin Missile.
>>
>it's a reddit genwunner realizes that gen 1 was unbalanced and broken
>>
Of course Starmie critted you you fucking retard, crits were based on speed back then so fast pokemon could spam crits like no one's business. RIP Persian you'll never be good again. Also I'm sure this is your first time playing or you'd remember the terror that is Wrap.
>>
>>32557118
I didn't remember because I was too small or I was simply steamrolling through pure strength.
>>
>>32557118

Charzard's slash was another good move.
>>
>>32557137
Same thing tbqh famyams
>>
>psychics only weak to bug
>only bug moves were leech life/pin missile/twin needle
>a bug caused psychics to be immune to ghost, which doesn't matter because the only ghost move was lick

>only dragon move was fixed damage dragon rage, so dragons being weak to dragon didn't matter, and it didn't matter that nothing resisted dragon

>let's create 2 types that only have 1 fully evolved pokemon
>>
>>32557172
I don't get why anything but the first point and part of the third are bad design, and the other part of the third point is shitty programming
>>
>>32556974
>who the fuck thought releasing this shit was a good idea?
Considering the money they've made, I think they were validated in their decision
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.