[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am i the only one who really likes the Gen 7 pokemons? Sure,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

Am i the only one who really likes the Gen 7 pokemons?

Sure, there are some ugly mons and the starters are cringeworthy, but i think overall Gen 7 has a lot of great pokemons with good designs.

I love all of these:

>rockruff, day lycanroc and night lycanroc
>vikavolt
>drampa
>cutiefly and ribombee
>salandit and salazzle
>wimpod and golisopod
>mimikyu
>steenee and tsareena
>minior
>lurantis
>palossand
>pyukumuku
>morelull and shiinotic
>turtonator
>crabrawler and crabominable
>passimian
>toxapex
>dhelmise
>araguanid
>type null and silvally
>tapu koko
>nihilego
>buzzwole
>kartana
>xurkitree
>lunala
>alolan raichu
>alolan marowak
>alolan exeggutor
>alolan muk
>alolan meowth and persian
>alolan raticate
>alolan vulpix and ninetales
>alolan sandshrew and sandslash

What are your thoughts on Gen 7 pokemons?
>>
>>32556432
Gen 6 and 7 designs are a massive improvement over the downhill spiral that gens 4 and 5 were getting into
>>
>>32556432
I like a lot of them. The only ones I dislike are part of the starter lines, Bruxish, Salazzle, Pyukumuku (for being bland), and Togedemaru.

>>32556444
I agree with this sentiment a lot. Gen 6 had some of my favorite designs, like Noivern and Gogoat.
>>
I'm a poisonfag and I'm pleased with every addition. Glad my favorite type is finally worthwhile.
>>
>>32556464
>Fist made out of intestines
>Bland
>>
Probably my favorite gen overall for designs. Nothing entered my top 5, but I really love how extreme they went on both ends of the spectrum with Ultra Beasts and Toucannon being in the same gen. Plus Dhelmise being the latter disguised as the former. Almost everything being either extremely massive or tiny also made things more interesting, as opposed to the usual Pokemon being between 3~7 feet.
>>
>>32556493
Considering the execution is a white cartoon hand coming out of the X on its face sometimes, yeah it's pretty bland.
>>
>>32556444

Both Gen. 4 and 5 had plenty of good designs. What are you talking about?
>>
>>32556516
What do UBs and toucannon have ANYTHING to do with each other?
>>
File: c_24678882.jpg (39KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
c_24678882.jpg
39KB, 250x250px
>>32556432
>describing a Pokemon with the word cringe
>>
>>32556569
He's clearly talking about the level of design innovation going into them -- the toucan is almost a 1 to 1 conversion into a Pokemon while the UBs aren't even intended to be Pokemon.
>>
>>32556569
Is English not your first language?
>>
>>32556596
Go jump off a bridge.
>>
>>32556444
>Gen 5
>Bad
Kalos roster was underwhelming in comparison. The only improvements were the fossils and the starters.
>>
>>32556560
Hmm nah
>>
File: IMG_3048.jpg (50KB, 960x507px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3048.jpg
50KB, 960x507px
>>32556608
>>
It's the only generation in which I can't make a full team of Pokemon I like without multiple overlapping types, but there are still more I like than IV period, so they share my last place spot. II and VI remain the best for me.
>>
>>32556560
gen 4 is the worst gen for designs by far
>>
File: 1493560305222.jpg (10KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
1493560305222.jpg
10KB, 245x206px
>>32556603
t. Brainlet
>>
>>32556432
>pokemons
Fuck off.
>>
>>32556672

Autism
>>
>>32556444
I agree. Though I love a lot of GEN IV and V mons, I feel like that new design are going into a better direction than GEN III, IV and V, a direction that resonates more as a modern take on GEN I and II. I'm all for it, I just wish they were more. Only 70ish new mons per generation is so low, they should never ever have gone under 100 (especially since half of the GEN VI dex are fairies and half of the GEN VII are legendaries or semi-legendaries).
>>
I like a lot of them a lot and I like the effort put into giving each of them something unique. Araquanid is up there as one of my favourites period. It's definitely better than Gen 6, I'm only fond of about 2/3 of that region's mons tops. Alola did have too many legends, sublegends, and single stage mons though. I still like 5's dex the most apart from perhaps there being too many pure type mons.
>>
Gen 7 is kinda a meh gen but the Pokemon designs were really good for the most part. Especially the legendary mons.
>>
>>32556432
No, behind the funposting I think a lot of /vp/ agrees with you.
>>
>>32556432
That looks like a great start to a gen. Where's the second half?
>>
A great generation overall!

Some of the Alola mon designs aren't my favorite (Raichu, Diglett/Dugtrio), but I still enjoy the thought and theme behind them.
>>
No there's more of you faggots with zero taste out there
>>
Very cool pokemon with terrible gamefreak JUST moments littered throughout

>Retaining icy level upzone for crabominable and glaceon when they made ice stone a thing

>Speed

>Vast poni Canyon as the electro-magnetic level up anchor instead of power plant

>Emergency exit

>Impossible to find

>Too much new content late game with no postgame room to have fun with newly obtained mins

>Silvally
I'm sure there are more but I'm already exhausted
>>
>>32556432
>pokemons
Anon, we've been over this HOW many times already?
>>32556569
>anon >>32556516 literally mentions how they're on opposite ends of a spectrum.
>wert der urbers and tercernern herv ernerthern ter der wert ercherther?

t. utter retard
>>
File: gorrilizard.gif (2MB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
gorrilizard.gif
2MB, 290x290px
Probably my overall favorite set of pokemon; I'm very hard pressed to find one I don't like. They introduced some of my new favorite pokemon ever (salandit, Alolan exeggutor, tapu koko). I know some of the mons get a lot of hate here (kommo-o, crabominable, toucannon, salazzle, palossand and bruxish are just a few) but a lot of those are also some of my favorites. I love the brightly colored triggerfish, I love the jingly jangly Komodo warrior, I love the thermal toucan. They're all great. The only gen 7 pokemon I don't love is litten I guess, but the evos make up for it. Damn good gen. If this is the new standard of pokemon design, I can't wait to see what gen 8 will bring.
>>
>>32560926
are you me

cause I feel the same way about that as you do
>>
>>32560926
>>32561352
I guess these are the only two people in the world who dislike Litten, but like its evolutions.
>>
File: ribombee cutiefly meadow.png (387KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
ribombee cutiefly meadow.png
387KB, 420x420px
Great gen, great mons, easily unseats gen 5 for best bugs. The cutiefly line is a blessing.
>>
>>32556846
Gen 2 has by far the worst designs in the franchise though.
>>
There are some seriously great designs this gen. Wishwashi, Mimikyu, Lycanroc day, Alolan marowak and ninetales, buzzwole, the list goes on.
Pretty creative designs whose quirks actually have an interesting effect on battling with them.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.