[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Only poison-type pokemon can learn toxic >Only ground-type

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 1491003073300.png (655KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1491003073300.png
655KB, 600x450px
>Only poison-type pokemon can learn toxic

>Only ground-type pokemon and pokemon weighing 100 kg or more can learn Earthquake

>Rock-type Pokemon can absorb stealth rock on entry and recover health

>Recover and similar moves can not be used in succession

>Leftovers has a limited number of uses

>Mega stones and z-crystals can be knocked off

Better?
>>
>>32549961
Mixed. Poison types are not generally stalling, so it would be a waste to limit such a move

>Only ground-type pokemon and pokemon weighing 100 kg or more can learn Earthquake
Possible.

That'll fuck up 90% of the leads, just make rock types immune to SR
Possible.
Wasted item slot

See above
>Better?
Nope, but at least you tried.
>>
Why does /vp/ hate stall so much?
>>
>>32549980
>wasted item slot
that's the point
>>
>>32549961
I only really like the ground one and recover one. I really dislike the fact that shit like Komala can learn earthquake
>>
>>32549961
Do you want to make cock off even more omnipresent in the meta?
>>
>>32549987
Becuase they cant play the game
>>
>it's a smogoncuck thinks stealth rock needs a nerf episode
>>
>>32549961

yes
>>
>>32549987
ADHD babbies can't into defence
>>
>>32549961
I'd rather make Stealth Rocks work as a temporary effect, like Trick Room or Safeguard, or only be able to do damage a certain number of times before breaking down.
>>
Unnecessary change that hurt balance and does fuck all to stall. Even of we pretended stall toxapex or amoongus isn't on every stall team they still benefits from cleric support, heal Bell and Aromatherapy, not being mandatory anymore.
Considering all of the better ground type Pokémon are fat all this does is nerf low tier and Pokémon.
Great now hazards are meaning less and each battle takes an average of 100 turns since there's nothing to stop people from switching around all. Don't say spikes will prevent that since there's only 3 good spike users in the tier, which are, Skarmory, Greninja, and Ferrothorn. Greninja getting banned and the other 2 are trap by Magnezone.
Congrats you've now made balance unviable. Stall still find with regenerator mons and fat blobs that don't need to recover often.
That would be interesting. Makes berries alot more viable in single
Knock off even more cancerous.
>Better?
Hell no
>>
>>32549961

How about limit Toxic to
>Poison
>Bug
>Grass
>Water
>Fire
>Ghost

Accounting for exceptions in themes, of course. I just hate how every one of my mom's Pokemon gets it, even if it doesn't fit. Worse than elemental moves in gen1. And for mons like Hitmonchan and Machamp it gets disturbing to think about.
>>
>>32549961
Put them on the same timer as Protect/endure, and throw substitute in there too
>>
>>32549961
>tries to nerf stall by nerfing SR
lol?
>>
>>32549987
It's boring.
>>
>>32549961
>>32550776
Why not just give all recovery moves 5 PP (max 8) instead of forcing a protect-like timer on them? This way not only would fatmons need to be more wary about carelessly spamming their recovery, things like pressure and spite would gain some relevance.
>>
What if they made a pokemon with an Auto-Torment ability?
>>
>>32550824
It would be choicefags' worst nightmare
>>
>>32549987
Because /vp/ is shit at competitive. They can't even recognize when something is good against stall
>>
>>32549987
>Hit Toxic
>Hit Protect
>Hit Softboiled/Recover etc

stall is shit and you should be ashamed for using it
>>
>>32549987
Stalling is a poor tactic, and while it is extremely viable, most people that complain about it have issues with it slowing down the game. OP's suggestions are not bad and would actually make the game a bit more tolerable to play competitively. My one amendment to it would probably be the mega stone/z-crystal knock off vulnerability and the poison-type toxic exclusivity. A better fix for the latter is to allow for most Pokemon to use Toxic (since it already is in the game) but make Poison and Dark (since it gives immunity to Psychic and fits the theme of the type) types always badly poison opponents. Also, leftovers is fine where it is, but it needs to be vulnerable to Incinerate. Recover should still recover regardless of using it over and over again but it should diminish your heals after every use. This doesn't apply to Heal Pulse though.
>>
>>32549961
>>Only poison-type pokemon can learn toxic
Yes. It doesn't make any sense that practically all Pokemon are capable of producing super powerful poison.
>>Only ground-type pokemon and pokemon weighing 100 kg or more can learn Earthquake
Yes. Again, it doesn't make any sense how something like Slowpoke or Chansey can learn EQ.
>>Rock-type Pokemon can absorb stealth rock on entry and recover health
Yes. Makes Rock-type Pokemon more viable and nerfs the most dominant and easily spammable entry hazard.
>>Recover and similar moves can not be used in succession
No. This >>32550816 is a better idea.
>>Leftovers has a limited number of uses
No. Literally just a waste of an item slot.
>>Mega stones and z-crystals can be knocked off
No. Knock Off doesn't need to be any more powerful than it already is.

3/6, some good ideas and some bad ones.
>>
>Explosion and Self-Destruct now ignore all accuracy and evasion modifiers for all Pokemon on the battlefield and hit every type for neutral except Ghosts
>Will now hit Fly
Because really, aside from Dig/Protect/Detect/Shadow Force/other, what protects you from an explosion? Steel and Rock get destroyed by explosions. I've never thought it should be NVE against Steel and Rock.

>>32550816
this is good

>>32550856
The part about Leftovers being vulnerable to Incinerate is good as well. I think it should cook the leftovers and then give it one last use, but it's consumed, but the last use restores the HP for 3 rounds or so of regular Leftovers. That way the Lefties user isn't completely up shit creek immediately. Either way, what you've presented would be a good mechanic because then a lot more Pokemon become threatening instead of the standard Knock Off users. I also agree with the Recover moves giving diminishing returns.
>>
pika pika
>>
>>32550878
explosion shouldn't really even be normal type.
fire type, really.
>>
>>32550800
I think this is unironically the best argument.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.