[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Behold. The Citizen Kane of Pokemon video games. Game Freak's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

File: hgss.jpg (55KB, 455x309px) Image search: [Google]
hgss.jpg
55KB, 455x309px
Behold.
The Citizen Kane of Pokemon video games. Game Freak's masterpiece. A game they may never surpass.
>>
>>32549791
hahaha
>>
>>32549791
It's the worst remake and one of the worst games overall, though. Unless it was one of your first games you'd nev- oh. It's a Sinnohfetus thread. Carry on
>>
Boring empty and pointless.
>>
File: 1473048158010.jpg (737KB, 1250x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1473048158010.jpg
737KB, 1250x1070px
Plat is best
>>
>>32549867
Having a maingame that is complete garbage and a good postgame doesn't make it best, it merely makes it above average
>>
>>32549871
Well I disagree
>>
>>32549791
>>32549867
both of these are lies
>>
>>32549867
You misspelled "worst" anon. Sinnoh is iredeemable.
>>
>>32549867
Shittest game and shittest starters. Which is why they won't be remade
>>
>>32549791
HGSS had the best graphics and sprites.
Prettiest game to date, but the actual gameplay is garbage.
Terrible npc trainers with terrible teams all around.

>>32549867
Probably the best game gameplay-wise.
It has berries, vs seeker, competent trainers with gym leaders and elite 4 with thought out teams, a game where every starter can shine, even a great bird.
Biggest flaws being the very poorly thought out Honey Trees and slower battles.
>>
>>32549867
sinnohfetus
>>
>>32550479
Both of the games had problems with their level curves about half-way and beyond.
DPPt had good trainers, but the game engine was abysmally slow.
HGSS fixed the engine for the most part, but the entire game is drawn out so much that most of Kanto feels like filler.
I love pretty much every game in the series, but they all have their problems.
>>
>>32549816
Are you that one gen 5 shill that turns up in every thread related to gen 4?
>>
>>32549791
>the game that replaced Kris
>good
No
>>
>>32549867
Looks like sinnohfetuses started getting their 18th birthdays
>>
>>32550666
They actually have satan people born in 99 can legally post
>people born in the next millenia can post next year
>>
>>32549871
Exactly. Thats why HGSS cant be the best.
>>
>>32549791
>>32549867
both are right
>>
>>32549867
This. HGSS still has D/P's terrible battle speed
>>
>>32549791
>>32550593

if you wanna keep shilling here girl, show tits or gtfo, or I'll ban you to gaydit again
>>
(You)
>>
>>32550680
I agree with that too desu
>>
>>32549791
to be a 'citizen kane' it has to bomb and be unappreciated in its own time.
>>
>>32551062
The average age of /vp/ is like 15, you could count the number of people who have watched Citizen Kane on one hand.
>>
>>32550678
The third millennium A.D. didn't begin until 2001 though.
>>
>>32550592
>HGSS fixed the engine for the most part
That was Platinum, HGSS just cleverly hides some of the slowness with its weird bag layout. Battles and saving a lot of data are just as slow as they were in Platinum, but better than DP.
>>
>>32549871
No, nothing can reedem BW's maingame.
>>
>>32550582
>>32550666
I'd accept more sinnohfetuses if it meant all hoennbabbies died in a fire.

t. Johtoddler
>>
I enjoy every gen for its unique features, and while certain gens have better post-games, pokedexs, difficulties, all gens are a pleasure to play in the end.
>>
I'm a normie who was under the assumption that HG/SS actually WAS widely considered to be the pinnacle of released Pokemon games

As I am now seeing that not being the case what would you say is the single best game released by GameFreak?
>>
>>32550592
Good trainers is all I ask for from a Pokemon game and Platinum did the best job out of the main games.
Emerald did great for the most part as well, until that terrible Elite 4.
BW2 challenge mode was great, but most people never got to play it, might as well have been a romhack.
Everything else is a disappointment.
>>
>>32552941
Sun and Moon. >inb4 underage Sinnohfoeti and Unovabortions show up,
>>
>>32552941
Every single Pokémon game is flawed, chewing them up isn't hard. The real problem is that hoennbabbies are obnoxious vermin and they hate HG/SS specially because it represents both Gen II (inferiority complex) and IV (superiority complex).

Platinum had been agreed to be the overall best before this place was also flooded with Unova fags (who I believe many are stealth hoennbabbies anyway).
>>
>>32553085
I am a Johto fan, Hoenn fan and Unova fan.

I think HGSS, Emerald, ORAS and BW2 are the 4 best games of the series and are on par with each other.

Sinnoh is a claustrophobic clusterfuck and makes Platinum inferior by default, even though Distortion World is quite epic.

Sinnohfags are.the worse fags, no.doubt.
>>
>>32553165
You already spouted this, what's the point?

>Sinnoh is a claustrophobic clusterfuck and makes Platinum inferior by default
What does this even mean?
>>
>>32553187
It simply means that Platinum is a great game with a lot of content, but being in Sinnoh brings it down compared to the other 4 games.

Sinnoh is just too convoluted and annoying to traverse.
>>
>>32553227
>Sinnoh is just too convoluted and annoying to traverse.
Then why the fuck don't you say that in the first place? Also, that's just your opinion. AFAIK, people loved the huge map.
>>
>>32553243
>people loved the huge map.
And so did I, but the size is the only good thing about Sinnoh
The actual design is tedious and convoluted.
>>
I find it funny how both Gen 4 and 5 are contested for the most hated/disliked games in the series despite giving us some of the best games in the franchise near the end of their respective runs.
>>
>>32553243
People loved it so much Gamefreak made the next region a circle
>>
>>32553374
>implying people don't hate BW's Unova's design

>>32553371
BW is legit awful and DP were obvious betas but yeah everything else is fine. The problem is hoennbabbies being insecure little shits who feel the need to talk shit about everything.
>>
>>32550694
And Platinum doesn't? Lol
>>
>>32553374
>GF made Unova a circle because Sinnoh was unpopular
It was because Japanese moms complained that it was too hard for their kids
>>
File: 1494133806904.png (318KB, 773x461px) Image search: [Google]
1494133806904.png
318KB, 773x461px
>>32549791
>A game they may never surpass.
I love HGSS but I honestly hope they do surpass it, otherwise the future is damn bleak for this series.
They just need to fucking put Morimoto in the director seat again, but nooo, we're probably going to get another fucking Masuda game next.
>>
File: 1436935559230.gif (707KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
1436935559230.gif
707KB, 500x351px
>>32552941
HGSS is still up there for the best in mainstream opinion. /vp/ isn't mainstream and some posters actively hold contrarian opinions just for the sake of it, like ORASfags.

My holy trinity of games would be Emerald, HGSS, and BW2, with HGSS possibly winning out for RBY and GSC nostalgia. Each game does most things right, while having their own individual weaknesses, and I'm not sure which game is the least flawed of the three since their flaws are in different areas.
>>
>>32552910
I'd accept more hoennbabbies if it meant all Johtoddler died in a fire.
>>
File: images (19).jpg (37KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (19).jpg
37KB, 511x288px
You were saying?
>>
>>32549791

>A game they may never surpass.

What's with that? It is my favorite, but I don't think it would be that hard to make a better game if they just tried. Cumulative content and making sure there's a decent post game is really not that difficult. This series is like a decade behind where it should be today.
>>
>>32554064
Now now, who says they can't share the throne?
>>
>>32553972
>ORASfags
ORAS was well received though. The only contrarian choice is Gen 5. (I do see a lot of those people on here though)
>>
>>32554097
>ORAS was well received though.
By critics, sure, but it has a pretty large fan backlash, even if Gen 5 might have a larger one. I'd also say the backlash is more damning in Gen 6's case since a lot of the people who hate ORAS are Hoenn fans who think they were remade incorrectly. If you can't grab the main people who would be interested in a remake, there's something wrong with that.
>>
>>32549791
What this game needed was nostalgia goggles, like how GB sounds changed the audio, the nostalgia goggles would emulate the graphics from back in the day, giving gen 3 and 4 Pokemon similar sprite artwork just like how music that was nonexistent in GS still got Gameboy style tracks.
>>
>>32554097
Looking back, what was so bad with gen 5 anyways? Don't post ice cream and literal garbage mon, if two Pokemon are the only bad thing out of 158, that's actually very good. Sure I thought they weren't as good as gen 4, but they don't seem to be as bad as gen 6 or 7.
>>
File: Gym Leaders and Elite Four.png (1MB, 3308x1566px) Image search: [Google]
Gym Leaders and Elite Four.png
1MB, 3308x1566px
>>32554156
A lot of people irrationally dislike Gen 5 just because BW has an all-new dex with no old 'mons. I personally believe this irrational dislike is why Gen 6 and 7 have so much Gen 1 pandering and why Gen 7 in particular has more Kanto Pokémon in its regional dex than it does new Pokémon.
As for actual criticism, the games are incredibly linear, a problem that sadly hasn't been corrected in Gen 6 or 7, and it was the start of in-game trainers getting a lot easier (not that Pokémon was ever hard). BW2's Challenge Mode fixed the problem for Gym Leaders, but it wasn't available at the start of the game because of some really dumb decision.
I still think Gen 5 are some top-notch games, BW2 moreso than BW1 (though BW1 has a better story).
>>
>>32554122
>it has a pretty large fan backlash
On this board full of sinnohkids, maybe.
>>
>>32554192
Emeraldfags were a lot more upset at ORAS than Sinnohfetuses, since it was something they liked turned wrong rather than games they didn't like in the first place getting remade.
>>
>>32554187
I think the reason why gen 5 seemed rather bland to me was because it was around the time all of my other friends quit Pokemon, so I was used to having other friends to play with and it "killed" the experience in a sense. When I look at it again though, it has a lot of things to it that are needed in the newer gens and I'm thinking of maybe giving them another playthrough to see how much I like them now. I think they may turn out to be my 2nd favorite gen, 4th being my top favorite, mostly since HGSS were the perfect remakes for my first mainline games.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170513-123130.png (769KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170513-123130.png
769KB, 1280x720px
>>32549791
>>
>>32549791
It would have been a lot better if half of the content wasn't locked behind clock fuckery
>want to evolve Staryu
>have to fuck with the clock to get water stone

>want to catch a Lapras
>have to fuck with the clock

>want a certain TM
>have to fuck with the clock

>want to rematch gym leader
>have to jump through hoops, then fuck with the clock, then jump through more hoops and fuck with the clock again

Daily events were a fun gimmick in the originals but they went overboard with the remakes. At least ROM hacks fixed them.
>>
>>32549791
I enjoyed Crystal more than these
but what do you guys think?

Crystal or the HG SS remakes?
desu I thought that Emerald was THE best Pokemon game even if RS were a bit weak
>>
>>32554807
I unironically agree with you. I think Emerald is the absolute best. I've clocked in another 70+ hours in the past 2 weeks alone and I'm loving every second of it. The Battle Frontier was so good for it's time. Shame I'm the only one in my friend group who took an interest in it.

>>32554421
I love HGSS but you're completely right about all the fucking with the clock stuff. Shit got annoying fast.
>>
>>32554963
I found RS to be better than DP which is why I liked Emerald better than Platinum

I also liked Hoenn better as a map, much more fun to navigate late game than Sinnoh which required half your team to be HM slaves
>>
what did HG SS improve over crystal besides the general changes to the battle/stats system
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.