[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You've been charged with determining the Type Chart for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 244.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
244.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
You've been charged with determining the Type Chart for Gen 8. You can't add any new Types, but you're given free reign to change up the entire formula outside the relationship between Grass, Fire and water. You can do whatever else the fuck you want.

NOW HOW DO YOU FUCK THINGS UP?
>>
Add sexy type XD

SEXY TYPE IS WEAK TO gay type lol :P
>>
Make Psychic super effective against Steel and Fairy, and make it only not very effective on Dark. Give Psychic types inherent immunity to confusion.

I just want Psychic to be top tier. Don't care about actually balancing things.
>>
>>32549590
>Ice gains immunity to water.

This does 2 things. One, it makes ice types muuuch more useful defensively and gives them a free switch in.

Second it hurts the typical Water-types-with-icebeam shit. Water types will now have to reconsider running that combo or else becoming completely walled be iether water OR ice type

>Hail no longer hurts Ghost types and ice types get a 1.5x defense multiplier while in hail

The ghost thing doesnt make much sense other than dead things don't care too much about the cold. The real reason for this is to make another type useful in hail to diversify hail teams and ghost made at least some sense. We really need a type here that doesn't overlap with other weather bonuses

Ice gaining defense boost is obvious

>Grass resists fairy, is no longer weak to flying and flying type no longer resists grass

Most birds in pokemon are raptors. Makes no sesne they are SE vs. grass. You could feasibly keep the resistance to grass though. Grass resisting fairy is obvious to me. Fairies are keepers of nature and thus don't want to hurt plants. This helps nerf fairy offensively while greatly improving grass defensively

>Rock types are all immune to crtiical attacks. Rock types with abilities that grant immunity to crits have that ability changed to something more thematic

This one may be controversial but rock types suck defensively but I can't think of a type to give them resistance to or whatever without fucking it up. Immunity to crits makes them inherently good at bulking up and stalling. Sure they have weaknesses still and it probably won't help much but it feels thematic at least. You could also give them a free "10-15% less damage from SE moves" like a pseudo, weaker filter but I decided against it.
>>
>>32549620

interpreted seriously, this post isn't clever and is not funny
interpreted ironically, it's too obvious and still isn't funny
interpreted as being ironically ironic, it's a lazy satire of ironic posts that are too obvious
interpreted as being ironically, ironically ironic, this post cleverly satirizes people that are too lazy to cleverly satirize ironic posters and is funny
>>
>Ice now resists and is super effective against water.
>Fairy no longer resists bug.
>Psychic is now immune to being confused
>Normal is now immune to Fairy attacks
>Poison is now super effective against normal types
>>
>>32549590
>make a bugster type
now what
what would it be super effective to?
>>
>>32549590
Water super effective against bug
Bug super effective against fairy
Fairy super effective against ghost
Ghost super effective against fighting
Fighting super effective against dragon
Dragon super effective against everything that isn't ghost, or fairy
>>
Fairy no longer SE to Fighting but still resists them
Grass resists Fairy
>>
Ice resists Fairy, Grass, Water, and Ground.
Steel is now weak to Electric and Water, and no longer resists Psychic
Water is now weak to Poison and Ice
Fire now resists Poison
Fairy is now weak to and resisted by Normal, and can hit either gender with Attract, Captivate, Etc.
Rock now resists itself and eats Stealth Rock like poison eats TSpikes
Psychic is now weak to itself and immune to Confusion

How badly did I just ruin the type chart?
>>
>Ice resists Ground and Flying
>Grass resists Fairy
>Fire no longer resists Fairy
>Fairy no longer resists Bug
>>
Poison Status now halves SpAtk
>>
>>32549590
Everyone now hits everyone super effectively
>>
landorus gets slow start
>>
>>32550900

>how to make every team a stall team

Gtfo maybe if you got rid of toxic
>>
>>32549590

Bug and Grass now hit Fairy super effectively. Grass resists fairy and flying.
Ice resists fairy, dragon, water, grass.
Fighting now resists ice, steel.
Steel regains its ghost and dark resistance because that had a cool theme and removing it was stupid.
Poison hits water super effectively but does not resist.
>>
>>32549590
Normal is now immune to fairy and SE against psychic
Ground now immune to rock but given a weakness to steel, still SE against it
Water weak to ice
Fire now weak to flying
Electric now weak to bug and reverse
Grass looses flying weakness gains ghost advantage
Bug gains advantage on fairy
Ghost weak to grass SE against water
>>
>>32549590
Yuuuuuuge fairy nerf. No longer resists bug now. Dark and Fairy SE to each other. No longer strong against fighting but no longer resisted by steel. No resisted by ice.

Now that fighting lost a weakness it can be weak to poison. No longer SE against steel.

Ice SE against steel. Ice now resists fairy as stated earlier, electric (because ice is a shitty conductor) dragon and ground.

Poison now SE against water.
>>
>>32549819
These here
This guy gets it
>>
>>32551173
Fuck I'll add the grass resisting fairy thing too.
>>
Ice
>Attack and Sp. Atk are both increased in hail

Fairy
>No longer resists Bug
>Resists Ghost

Psychic
>Resists Fairy
>Super effective on Fairy
>Immune to confusion

Fighting
>Immune to Flinching
>Pokemon with Flinch based abilities get theirs changed
>Focus Punch's failure notice is changed from "X flinched!" to "X lost it's focus!"

Grass
>Inherently restores HP in Sun and Rain
>Will restore additional HP with abilities like Rain Dance
>>
>>32549819
Cool changes. Doesn't balance the game but still cool changes.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.