[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are only 2 fighting types in OU >one of them is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_9588.jpg (446KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9588.jpg
446KB, 2048x2048px
>there are only 2 fighting types in OU

>one of them is a mega

What the hell happened? There was 7 in BW. Have fairies really killed fighting types?
>>
>>32546077
Yes
Also Buzzwole is shit
>>
Poison should've been the type to be super effective against Fighting
>>
File: PartyBugEating.jpg (105KB, 738x830px) Image search: [Google]
PartyBugEating.jpg
105KB, 738x830px
Pheromosa got banned.
>>
>mega lopunny
>mega heracross
>mega gallade

actually I dunno about gallade, the speed buff will help it a bit though
>>
>>32546077
keldeo is going to move up whenever smogon sort out their shitty usage stats. mega lop will be ou when it's released too, same with marshadow which will probably be banned. and remember they also banned blaziken, pheromosa and mega lucario all top tier fighting types.
>>
>>32546077
Good fairy types, what else?
>>
>>32546077
Fairy type was a mistake.
>>
>>32546077
>Let's make a type to nerf one type!
>But instead it'll fuck up the other types instead of the type it is supposed to nerf
BRAVO GAMEFREAK
>>
>>32546089
Wait, Phero got banned?
Fuck man, I clearly haven't been keeping up at all.
I thought it survived its suspect test.
>>
File: PartyBug.jpg (121KB, 711x811px) Image search: [Google]
PartyBug.jpg
121KB, 711x811px
>>32546138
Sadly, she is RIP. ;_;
>>
>>32546092
Mega heracross shows up in limbo on the smogon site so I guess three. But even then that's not much
>>
>>32546105
>keldeo is going to move up whenever smogon sort out their shitty usage stats
terrakion too probably
>>
>>32546153
Just released today, I think you can use it on showdown now
>>
File: 1491402236497.jpg (89KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1491402236497.jpg
89KB, 800x1200px
>>32546146
RIP kickan buge.
Didn't realize she was quite that good.
>>
>>32546077
>>32546082
>>32546112
>>32546128
>>32546133
Fairies didn't kill fighting type, you shits. These two fighting types just made the rest of them obsolete.
>>
>>32546201
Keep dreaming, Fairyfag.
>>
File: 1484067033388.png (146KB, 500x523px) Image search: [Google]
1484067033388.png
146KB, 500x523px
>>32546201
Doesn't this little shit ruin the vast majority of Fighting types?
>>
>>32546201
t. fairyfucker

Kill yourself
>>
>>32546221
This "little shit" ruin the vast majority of the game.
>>
>>32546266
Well yeah, that too.
But its main attacks are sorta tailor made to slaughter basically all fighting type pokes.
Pretty sure the only two who aren't weak to either are Lucario and Cobalion and both will still die to a Specs Moonblast or Psychic.
>>
>>32546082
They're both shit
>>
>>32546092
I WILL NOT FLINCH
>>
>>32546138
>>32546146
I think there was like a 92% pro-ban majority or something, which is crazy considering mega meta barely squeaked by last gen with 59% pro ban and got the axe with 62% this gen
>>
>>32546077
Despite of its Ground and Fire Weakness, Cobalion actually is not bad in OU. However, it struggles against Toxapex and other defensive tanks.
>>
>>32546077
Who is Mega-Heracross?
>>
File: 1491399315346.jpg (120KB, 926x1564px) Image search: [Google]
1491399315346.jpg
120KB, 926x1564px
>>32546320
Goddamn, is that the most one-sided ban we've seen?
>>
>>32546338
shaymin sky had literally 100% ban in some past gen
>>
>>32546133
This. Fairy is just too good and Gamefreak really should've thought of other options before introducing such a gamechanging type that barely even does what it's intended to do.
>>
>>32546077

When you consider that every top tier Mega/top tier threat beats Fighting types, it starts to make sense.

>Mega Mawile
>Mega Medicham
>Mega Alakazam
>Megagross pre ban
>(M-)Gyarados can play mindgames with, and generally beat, Fighting types despite mega evolving into a Dark type
>Mega Pinsir
>Mega Pidgeot
>Tapu Lele and pretty much every other Tapu
>Magearna

The only thing some of them have going for them is being able to bulk a Specs Hydro Pump or Water Shuriken from Ash-Greninja, but Protean Extrasensory Greninja is something they have to watch out for as well as Specs Ice Beam vanilla Greninja, so you can't just switch something like a Chesnaught into it safely. Fighting types suck in this meta.
>>
>>32546077
Going by the viability rankings, there's Keldeo in A, Mega Medicham in A-, Terrakion in B+, and Breloom and Buzzwole in C+. Mega Heracross hasn't been ranked yet, and Mega Lopunny and Mega Gallade haven't been released yet.
Fighting is pretty shit, yeah. But at least it's not ice.
>>
>>32546671
Fairy and Flying are two of the most common types in OU right now.
>>
>>32546774
>what is steel
>>
>>32546320
the ban rate was so high was because it was retarded levels of broken and everyone knew it yet their shit-for-brains "council" decided it was a good idea to waste a whole month to try and ban dugtrio first and ignore the outright broken stuff. also because some of their friends were going around saying "phero isn't broken it's just really good all you overrating it are scrubs!!!!!!".
>>
what>>32546201
said, sorta. It was more of the fact that Pheromosa was far and away better than every other fighting type so it was redundant. Now that Deoxys-Roach got slapped, some more fighting types will try and fill the void, tho Lele really isn't helping in that matter.
>>
>>32546671
As long as Tornadus T is a thing
There is no point to mega Pidgeot sadly
So its BL hell for mega Pidgeot for ever like Staraptor
>>
>>32546784
Steel is the most common type. But its also surrounded by flying and fairies which prevents fighting types from getting a foothold
>>
>>32546155
Terrakion wasn't OU last gen and nothing has happened that buffs it, it's going to rot in BL/UU with Keldo until they stop losing to every Tapu
>>
>>32546813
>some of their friends were going around saying "phero isn't broken it's just really good all you overrating it are scrubs!!!!!!".
This was actually true in the beginning of the gen. For a long time the only sets people ran on Phero were Life Orb and Scarf, which are both not that great. It wasn't until people started experimenting with quiver dance + Z move, mostly Z hyper beam and Z focus blast, that Phero became legit busted. A similar thing happened with Aegislash last gen, where people only ran physical Aegi for a long time.
And Dugtrio is pretty busted. There is no doubt it will get suspected again this gen.
>>
>>32546884
>nothing has happened that buffs it
Volcarona being one of the best set up sweepers in the tier now kinda does
>>
File: wanted.png (1MB, 658x1738px) Image search: [Google]
wanted.png
1MB, 658x1738px
>>32546320
>>32546338
Also do note that the council poisoned the well by posting several tirades against roachwaifu before the test.

>>32546221
You're next bub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFVQFdAbbTM
>>
>>32547111
it loses to every tapu
it may increase in usage with pheremosa and metagross gone, but not by much since it still gets forced out by things like landorus, both greninjas and fails to break past things like Celesteela

Volcarona rising to ~5% usage is not especially significant in the grand scheme of things
>>
>>32546884
Z-Stone Edge is kind of a buff.
>>
>>32547137
>You're next bub
They've strait up said greninja is next.
>>
>>32547175
I'm not rearranging the shitty image though
>>
How is Mienshao faring?
>>
>>32546266
>lose to a pokemon
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH IT'S RUINING THE GAME
>>
>>32546221
watch as lele and naruto frog get banned in a couple of months. the meta will be great again when it happens.
>>
>>32547346
Still and was always pretty good in UU. UU this gen is the paradise for fighters now.
>>
>>32547536
>strawman
lol k
>>
>>32546774
My post was referencing Fighting types specifically, as per the OP. The only viable ones are Megas sadly.

Same basic thing happened with Grass types, you run Ferro, Tangrowth, Bulu, or Serperior, and that's it unless you're running M-Venu. Between those 4 or 5, you have the best physical and special walls and best physical and special attackers the Grass type has to offer. There's just absolutely no reason why you would run any other Grass type.
>>
>>32546077
fighting is a weird type
iit resist bug but also NVE by it
most of them are basically the same
highish attack
decent Defense and hp

there is one good special attacking fighting type but its out classed by its physical move pool

i dont think fighting type is bad i guess its just lacking in pokemon variety
>>
>>32547608
There's also Amoongus who's A- on the viability rankings, but I never see anyone use it for some reason.
>>
Fairy needs a nerf
>>
>>32547910
Not before steel
>>
>>32546133

Fighting really did need the nerf. It was way too easy to just spam close combat. Then fighting types often had fantastic movepools, it's counters were meh (flying types had to choose from hurricane or air slash, psychic types were mediocre, especially after knock off buff). It wasn't disgustingly broken, but I'm glad fairy is at least resistant to fighting.

Now why the fuck did they use fairy to nerf dark and bug?
>>
>>32546077
Where is mega lucario in all this? Limbo still?
>>
Fairy didn't kill fighting types. Gamefreak just loves to make shitty slow fat fighting types which are terrible now. Those fighting types used to be amazing since they could take a hit and OHKO something back but the power creep has become so insane they can't do that. When you look at the fighting types that are actually fast there actually decent in ou or broken. Anyone who thinks fighting types didn't need a nerf never played 5th gen. There were only 3 good defensive psychic types, Reuniclus, Celebi, and Slowbro. Celebi couldn't even afford to run psychic move half the time
>>
>>32548089
Ubers
>>
>>32547137
Anyone have the Gen 6 one? The one with Mega-Salamance?
>>
I am OK with this. Fighting type dominance was annoying.
>>
>>32547143
>fails to break past things like Celesteela
Celesteela won't enjoy taking a Swords Danced Continental Crush.
>>
>>32546077
Machamp with seismic toss substitute mega punch and double team kek
>>
I want marshadow to fuck me in the ass
>>
>>32547143
>and fails to break past things like Celesteela
What?
Standard Specially Defensive Celesteela is 2HKOed by itemless Terrakion's Close Combat after SR damage on the switch.
>>
>>32548419

>no guard pokemon using evasion
>>
Is Steel good now?
Can I run my waifu mega Aggron somewhere?
>>
>>32546374
kek you're right, 100% in gen 5
seriously, fuck that air flinch
>>
>>32548717
>Is Steel good now?
>now
>Can I run my waifu mega Aggron somewhere?
No because Aggronite hasn't been released for Gen VII yet.
>>
>>32548717
>>32549152
Actually you can use her in balanced hackmons since it is possible to hack in megastones.
>>
>>32547536
Clearly you don't play OU, or competitive at all for that matter. There is no real way to deal with Lele other than Mega Metagross, and guess who was recently banned
>>
>>32549207
>what is magearna
>what is jirachi
>what is A-muk
Lele will without a doubt be suspected, and likely banned. But saying metageoss was it's only counter is strait up a lie.
>>
>>32549207
if that's true then how come i've been using assault vest magearna to check lele for the past several months
>>
>>32549184
Isn't Registeel better there because of all the devastating Special attackers?
>>
>>32546077
There's plenty in Ubers. Fighting is a ridiculously good type.
>>
muk cant take 2 spec moon blast
but lele is usually scarf
>>
>>32549241
Probably, yeah. But it's the only format where it can be used right now since it is unreleased.
>>
>>32549252
Run Assvest
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 16 SpD Assault Vest Muk-Alola: 169-199 (40.8 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Although, if it is specs it should be easy to revenge kill if muk somehow dies. It's mostly scarf that people complain about.
>>
Water is now weak to Ice.
Drill Run, High Horse Power, Mud moves, and Bone Moves now hit Flying Types but don't add Knock Down like TA.
Fairy's strength to Bugs is changed to a weakness.
Steel Types now have a calculation that doubles the chance they'll freeze when hit with an Ice move

Enjoy your Gen 8 Meta fags
>>
>>32549468
>buffing Bug and Ice
>making Grass even more shit

Congrats you fucked it all up.
>>
>>32549468

good job retard more rng cancer was exactly what competitive pokémon needed
>>
>>32549468
>buffing ice offensively
This is a water type buff, especially now that water types can beat other water types.
>>
>>32547051
It's hilarious that the set I was using, timid and naive z focus blast since the beginning is the one that broke the camel's back.

People were telling me it was shit, to wich I replied that people expected something else hence my success with it on cartridge play.

Phero has almost no movepool, yet it is enough to work and break what it needs to remove and threaten offense like no other Pokémon can.
>>
>>32549468
Ice cannot be super effective vs water.

That's a shity meme that needs to die, heath capacity, learn about the concept and then laugh at yourself.
>>
>>32546077
Should've at least mentioned Breloom, most likely fighting type to move to OU.
Especially if Lele gets banned.
>>
>>32549583

>water can't be weak to ice because of stuff in the real world

ignoring that pokémon is a game about fantasy monsters, making decisions that would effect gameplay balance based on how things interact in the real world is fucking retarded and would make the game even stupider than it already is
>>
>>32549468
>buffing Ice on the offensive side
>buffing U-Turn
>buffing Ground at all in any way, shape, or form
Absolutely the fuck not.
>>
>>32549574
It's mostly because the set sounds terrible on paper. But proved to be good in practice.
People would go
>setting up when literally anything can one shot you
What people didn't realize was that Phero was amazing at forcing switches.
>>
>>32549610
Also you just buffed anything, and I mean ANYTHING that learns ice beam, including water types that can now muscle past themselves with ice beam.

Face it, you went full retard.

Heat capacity isn't just a a real life thingy. It's the most important quality of water as a molecule and the whole fucking reason life exists in this planet.

The ability to store energy and it's resistance to release it has shaped earth as we know it.

Fuck that meme, seriously. Ice cannot be super effective vs water.
>>
>>32549657

i'm not the one that made that post with the balance changes, and you had no reason to believe i was you mouth breathing idiot
>>
>>32548013
>Steel meme
Anon, the only reason Steels are doing the work they are is because of Fairyshit. Steel is a shit type offensivly, that has not changed. What has is the fact that it happens to be the ONLY thing that can reliably fuck up fairies.
>>
>>32549657
Water is super effective against Ice, but Ice gains resistance to Ground, Grass, and Flying. Also, Water is weak to Poison now.

Satisfied?
>>
>>32549657

also, literally no one cares about whatever science trivia you know, and continuing to post more doesn't somehow refute the point that how things behave in the real world should not directly affect how the game should be balanced
>>
>>32546133
Fun fact, while Dragon was definitely the intention behind fairy in singles, VGC in gen V was being dominated by fighting types. Conkeldurr or Scrafty were basically in every team.

The following things happened to fuck fighting in gen VI:
Bravest Bird (Flying type STAB is now relevant, especially for scrafty)
Fairy type (especially Scafty)
Poisons rise to relevance (To resist fighting STAB)
Less relevant to SE Dark types (Fairy is now everywhere)

So yeah. Totally for dragons.
>>
File: IMG_4842.png (82KB, 320x353px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4842.png
82KB, 320x353px
>>32549468
>Water is now weak to Ice.
Fuck no, Ice should gain resists to Water, Ground, Flying, and potentially Grass.

>Drill Run, High Horse Power, Mud moves, and Bone Moves now hit Flying Types but don't add Knock Down like TA.
Fuck no, the most that should happen is Bonemarang hits Flying. Ground could use a Fairy Resist though, and Grass a Fairy Immunity.

>Fairy's strength to Bugs is changed to a weakness.
Good choice. Or just neutral effectiveness

>Steel Types now have a calculation that doubles the chance they'll freeze when hit with an Ice move
No. That's retarded.
>>
>>32549688
Consider that the vast majority of Dragons not only learn Iron Head, but had the moveslot burning a hole in their pockets, since most of them went Set-Up, Dragon Stab, Coverage for Steel, Whatever.
>>
>>32549684
>making Ice weaker

No, Ice needs to be immune to Water
>>
>>32549709
Plus how they made Mega Mence Flying STAB oriented to avoid it even bothering to need use Dragon STAB. It only needs one coverage move to hit steel/faries.
>>
Basically as we all know the Fairy Type didn't balance shit. The Good Dragons stayed good because they had good BST, good movepools and good movepools and the bad ones stayed bad because even before Fairy Types Dragons were such a threat that most Pokemon had a way to deal with them so if you were an unoptimized dragon you were fucked.
>>
>>32549711
It also blocks Fairies completely, alongside Grass and Bug.
>>
And people still cried No Guard+Fissure from base 55 speed would be broken in the Fairy/Flying meta. Smdh
>>
File: 1398927886130.gif (3MB, 419x276px) Image search: [Google]
1398927886130.gif
3MB, 419x276px
>>32549924
cry more Machampfag
>>
>>32549924
Wouldn't you be able to do dumb shit with it in doubles, what with Follow Me or Wide Guard or whatever?
Considering the boner GF has for doubles, it feels like they'd try to keep shit like that out for their meta.
>>
>>32549945
And it still wont affect pokemon that are Flying, have Levitate, Sturdy or Air Balloon, all of which are already relevant and prominent in the meta. And before you tell me pokemon with these are susceptible to either Stone Edge or Dynamic Punch then congratulations! You just locked the opponent with that move instead of Fissure--unless of course people who would usually argue for Scarf on Machamp would suddenly forget that item when arguing about the combo being broken because it's convenient to their logic/scenario
>>
Why are people talking more about Lele getting banned then Greninja?

Lele at least has several switch ins, and you don't have to guess the set or lose the game.
>>
>>32547051
>suspected again

They can't suspect things twice a gen, it's like the legal system.

The council does pull loopholes though, like when they were so butthurt that Mega Gengar didn't get banned from ubers that they immediately tried to ban Shadow Tag from all tiers in the next month's suspect.

So expect Arena Trap to get suspected in a later test.
>>
File: 328 Trapinch.jpg (48KB, 320x330px) Image search: [Google]
328 Trapinch.jpg
48KB, 320x330px
>>32549998
>So expect Arena Trap to get suspected in a later test.
Trapinch
;_;
>>
Fairy-types run OU right now. Medicham and Heracross are the only two Fighting-types that are good in OU, just because they're stupid powerful as Megas. Don't use Buzzwole, it's literal shit
>>
>>32546092
Heracross is already top level OU, it's just new. Lop will be top level OU again whenever it gets released. Gallade is shit tho, Medicham is better
>>
>>32550021
also Keldeo is top level OU but is UU by usage because ladder players are awful
>>
>>32549998
Why did you post this?
Deoxys-S was suspected twice in XY, M-Sableye was suspected twice in ORAS, and that's without mentioning BW which had:
>Excadrill - 5 suspects
>Latios - 4 Suspects
>Reuniclus - 4 suspects
>Drizzle - 3 suspects
>Drought - 3 suspects
>Thundurus - 3 Suspects

For anyone interested:
http://www.smogon.com/tiers/ou/ban_history
http://www.smogon.com/articles/xy-bans-history
>>
>>32550041
I meant with the current system.

I actually wasn't aware Deoxys-S and M sableye both got suspected twice though, that's pretty fucking retarded.

I actually don't remember excadrill going through 5 suspects in gen 5, I remember it being removed within the first few months of the gen, but I don't know how suspects worked back then since it was fairly new at the time and I was really against them.
>>
>>32549962
>Levitate, Sturdy or Air Balloon
>relevant and prominent
fucking sub 1200 shitter
>>
>>32550056
>leaving out Flying types
fucking sub 1100 shitter
>>
>>32550305
Probably because flying types are always relevant?
>>
>>32548054
>>32548184
>>32548208
>>32549244
>>32549998

Stay Delusional
>>
>>32550392
well then the point of contention is null since the argument was Flying types + all the other factors = dominating the meta, and not just those three that were quoted
>>
>>32548208

And now we have Fairy-type dominace. Different cancer, same problem.
>>
>it's another thread for fightingfags to complain
Stop bitching, Fighting was busted in gen V it deserved a nerf. Many OP megas are fighting type, in OU or Ubers. You have no right to whine so much and often.
>>
>>32550736
t. fairyfag
>>
>>32550031
It's only because the servers exploded and usage stats haven't been updated in months.
>>
>>32550741
I'm a rockfag, I'm glad Fighting types and their high-power perfect accuracy moves got nerfed.
>>32550749
I thought it was only temporary, it's still not working ?
>>
asdasd
>>
>>32550763
The data from those months was lost and nobody knows what to do. i think a sample size of May stats are going to be what comes next.
>>
>>32550769
I guess it's not that bad if they just lost the data. At least the servers still work. Next data will have no Phero and less Megagross.
>>
>>32550763
So basically you're glad that a type that's SE agains your favorite type got nerfed. Sounds legit.

Also HJK > Close Combat
>>
>>32550763
>I'm a rockfag, I'm glad Fighting types and their high-power perfect accuracy moves got nerfed.
You say that like they don't have drawbacks like lowering the stats of the user
>>
>>32550799
Pretty much. I always found it unfair how Rock's best move was Stone Miss while Fighting has Close Combat, HJK, Superpower, Hammer Arm, Jump Kick, Low Kick in Ubers, Drain Punch.
Rock is not even better defensively than Fighting.
>>32550819
They're often more powerful and the drawbacks are less bad than plain missing. you don't care about defenses drops when you just OHKOd your opponent.
>>
>>32550769
>>32550763
Apparently they've worked things out
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/march-stats.3600723/page-2#post-7354941
>>
>>32550838
That's good news
>>
>>32550838
Nice. I need this to shitpost. Also see how my boys Ttar and Volcarona do.
>>
>>32550828

I bet you bitch about Water, Steel, and Ground too. Rock is still shit, whether Fighting is nerfed or not.
>>
>>32549995
Because /vp/ is absolutely terrible at competitive pokemon.
They'd rather complain about le fairy boogiemen than about how Greninja legitimately has no switchings. Lele will get suspected, but Greninja is a much bigger problem right now.
>>
>>32548184
>Reuniclus was better than latias

What did he mean by that?
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.