[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people expected Grey after Black and White >Black 2 and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 9

>people expected Grey after Black and White
>Black 2 and White 2 happened

>people expected Z after after XY and ORAS
>but Gen7 happened with Sun and Moon

>people are expecting Stars to come out after Sun and Moon

What are we actually gonna get?
And will the next games be still on the 3DS, now that they even released a new model of the 2DS, or will they rush to the Switch to sell more consoles?
>>
>>32544947
kanto games
>>
>>32544947
I hope they move to switch asap but they'll likely capitalize on the handheld user base once more before moving on.
>>
Stars is such a dumb name considering the "Sun" itself is a star. Should be Eclipse.
>>
>>32545006

The sun is a single star, stars could be about two suns.
>>
>>32545082
Moon btfo
>>
>>32544975
This unironically. The genwun pandering the past few years has been unreal since its so profitable.
In XY we got
>viridian forest literally copy pasted as santalune forest
>mega mewtwo and not one but TWO mega charizards (the genwunner's holy god)
>small things like xy colors referencing red and blue and snorlax blocking the road again

In SM we got
>team rocket hideout reference
>18 regional variants ALL of which are gen 1
>gary motherfucking oak (blue) and red make a return

The only way Game Freak can one up themselves in terms of genwun pandering after all this now is to make actual Kanto games. Say goodbye to fresh and unique entries like BW, its all genwun shit from here on out. I hope you genwun niggers are happy.
>>
File: Thinking of him 2.png (318KB, 613x346px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking of him 2.png
318KB, 613x346px
>>32545082
>>32545093
Two suns means double risk of getting skin cancer. Checkmate, Sunkikes.
>>
>>32544947
and not forget water blue version, thunder yellow version and mind crystal version
>>
>>32545145
Two Moons means Earth now belongs to Kyurem.
>>
>>32545165
>people expected third versions for remakes

wut
>>
File: 1468273293695.png (80KB, 204x190px) Image search: [Google]
1468273293695.png
80KB, 204x190px
>mfw the next Pokemon games are on New 3DS
>>
>>32545183
AND delta emerald
>>
>>32545125
An entire game of recolored gen 1 Pokémon.

And nothing else.
>>
>>32545125
>unique and fresh entries like BW

It carries the same formula of any main Pokemon game and the unova dex was mostly an uglier reskin of previous Pokemon design tropes.
>>
Whatever it is I hope it's just one game
>>
>>32545265
Only having gen 5 Pokemon available during the main quest was a fantastic breath of fresh air. I wish they'd do it again.
>>
>>32544947
Sinnoh remakes or Kanto sequels. Why are fags thinking a follow up to Sun and Moon will happen only a year after Sun and Moon?
>>
>>32545321
Why do fags think we're getting remakes after 3 years?

Hg/ss came 5 years after fr/lg

Oras came 5 years after hg/SS
>>
>>32544947
For what it's worth, BW2 were Grey in everything but name.
>same region with new areas
>basically same story
>focus on the 3rd legendary
>expanded post game

No 3rd game for 6th gen then shoehorning in the Zygarde cells into 7th gen at least was a surprise.
>>
>>32545332
>Implying patterns are a thing
Gamefreak gives in to fan demand, the whole reason why they remade Hoenn because there was enough fan outcry on the internet. Then again, Kanto games are just about as likely since they know it will bring in the sales automatically.
>>
>>32545006
It's a codename, not the actual title. Sun and Moon's codename was Rainbow.
>>
>>32545367
Muh patterns.

Neither kanto or sinnoh are coming anytime soon. .

There is something called game development. People crying for those w remake won't make the games come out any sooner
>>
>yfw it turns out SM are the only games in all of Gen 7, and we immediately jump to Gen 8 next year
>>
>>32545367
Is there demand for DP remakes? Besides shitposting on /vp/
>>
>>32545398
There's two teams developing games now, they didn't seem to have a problem making ORAS and XY so close together, and SM had an extra year.
>>
>>32545398
Yep. I doubt any other remake/revisit will happen on 3ds and they wont start a console life by revisiting old game.

I also think its a bit too early for new alola game (its been only few months since SM)

Im betting for either gen 8 next year on Switch (all gen 7 mons are revealed already and promoted right now) or Kalos revisit this year (there's still Eternal Floette) with gen 8 still next year or in 2019
>>
>>32545438
>Another Kalos game
Wouldn't this spark arguments over 6.5 and 7 again? Last thing I want is fags to consider the next gen as the "true" gen 7.
>>
>>32545460
There's no arguments though. Gen 6 is XY and ORAS, Gen 7 is SM and whatever next game will/would be, even if it was Kalos
>>
Guys

GUYS

Type in your browser "pokemon.com/hoshi"
It will redirect you to the main page
Hoshi means Star in japanese
Other words like Sun, Moon, Pikachu etc give you 404, but Hoshi doesnt

Fucking confirmed
>>
>>32545430
I assume there is, there's plenty of videos theorizing about the possibility of Sinnoh remakes, and the comments filled with devoted fans who want it to happen. Not sure about places like Reddit or Serebii though, don't frequent there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3PP1Zo8iSQ
>>
>>32545481
Also

Type in your browser "pokemon.com/anonisamassivecunti"

HAPPENING
>>
>>32545478
Back when 6.5 was a thing here though, there would be some people arguing that this wouldn't be a new gen even though it was already confirmed to have new Pokemon and be an entirely different region. They probably shut up because their meme wasn't catching on, but another Kalos game may see a return of those shitposters.
>>
>>32545496
>pokemon.com/anonisamassivecunti

sheeeiiiiiiit why do some of these work and others not?
>>
>>32545498
Nah, SM introduced new region and mons, there's not much too argue about. Even if some people would start it again "gen 6.5" is beyond memed
>>
>>32545513
pokemon.com/HahaXDidontknowi
>>
Pokemon.com/Ravioli

Guys. I think the Pokemon Company is rebranding themselves to a canned ravioli company. It looks like this will be the end of our beloved Pokemon games.
>>
>>32545485
I dunno, I feel like most theorizers are talking about it because they think it's DPs "turn" to be remade, regardless of the necessity or outcry for it. Of course you'll have people who were fans of the games show their support, but after the abundance of criticism ORAS received, I wouldn't be surprised if GF stayed away from remakes until 8th gen. Personally I hope GF releases it and they flop so they don't get into the habit of thinking that we need to spend a year with remakes between every gen, especially when remakes don't even add anything that siubstantial anymore
>>
File: 1491470505280.jpg (36KB, 606x489px) Image search: [Google]
1491470505280.jpg
36KB, 606x489px
>>32544947
Excepting the second game in the generation to not be a third version is a pattern at this point
>>
>>32545559
Honestly I hope the gen 4 games are the last remakes and they'll think of something more creative for games after that. Didn't really like gen 5 that much and I don't necessarily think they necessarily deserve to be remade. Maybe have "third versions" that have you visit the region instead.
>>
the next games are going to be kindof SM2...
LIGHT (sun2) with Necrozma on the cover and DARK (moon2) with Marshadow on the cover
>>
File: red stars and blue stars.jpg (998KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
red stars and blue stars.jpg
998KB, 3264x2448px
>>32545598
>event legendary on the cover

Come on, anon.
We will get some Kanto sequels with Lilly as the champ and Necrozma with 2 new formes on the cover.
>>
>>32544947
>What are we gonna get
>Nothing

I wasn't honestly expecting platinum but Gen IV was sort of a weird gap thing for me since I had gone through a Pokémon sucks phase before returning to it
>>
>>32545354
>basically same story
but that's wrong
>>
>>32544947
Something something something Necrozma related hopefully

Permanent perf Zygarde prz gaimu freakyu
>>
>>32544947
>muh patterns
>>
A pokemon Gray would be weird. I mean, in both games appears both legendaries pokemon. So, in grey what would appear.
>>
>>32545804
The Original Dragon
>>
Next games should be BW2, but instead of calling them Sun and Moon 2 they should be Solar Eclipse and Lunar Eclipse.

I don't want to buy another 250-300$ pokemon machine.
>>
I really don't want them to release the next games on the Switch, its way too early for that.

Gen7 should stay on the 3DS, the next games probably will be some rushed trash like SM anyway. I hope at least that they will put Kanto as a region, i dont want to ever see Alola again. So 2018 the next and last main games of gen7.

2019 or 2020 they can start with gen8 on the Switch. But this time give us actually new games, make something REALLY now and creative with this franchise and not this half assed "lol no gyms anymore" bullshit.
>>
>>32545265
Only gen5 Pokémon. One of the best distribution ingame of types and bst.

The only weaknesses of BW is the railroading, how fucking slow it is until the dreamyard and 6 Pokémon evolve extremely late to their final form.

Seriously, the unova dex is surprisingly decent, most Pokémon have a definite role and aren't complete shit unlike the Kanto originals.

Look at Jellicent vs original Tentacruel. Jellicent is miles better on its introduction than Tentacruel, and even when comparing them ingame on the same generation they actually play very differently.

I wish I could hate on the unova mons, but outside of the Monkeys and their gimmick they are surprisingly decent.
>>
>>32546049
>The only weaknesses of BW is the railroading, how fucking slow it is until the dreamyard and 6 Pokémon evolve extremely late to their final form.
And changing the experience system.
>>
>>32546063
And also those hidous zoomed in backsprites.
>>
File: e02.png (680KB, 623x522px) Image search: [Google]
e02.png
680KB, 623x522px
>>32545620
Those look fucking awful
>>
BATTLE FRONTIER
>>
>>32546182
Oh, Minecrap! I cannot wait to play Minecrap. Do you know what my favorite thing to do is in Minecrap? I love building bricks with Minecrap. Building bricks with Minecrap is the best thing and the most amount of fun you can have while playing an app. I understand why all the kids are playing this game these days -- it's because they like to build brown bricks with Minecrap. I also like to build brown bricks with Minecrap. It's the most fun you can possibly have. What is the point of Minecrap?
>>
>>32545513
anything that ends in an "i" will work
>>
File: 1487100834031.gif (307KB, 198x240px) Image search: [Google]
1487100834031.gif
307KB, 198x240px
>>32546370
AHAHA YES BATTLE FRONTIER

YESSS

BATTLEER FRONTRIERRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>32546049
The BST of gen 5 Pokemon are all pretty solid, but the distribution is lackluster.
>>
>>32546049
>best distribution of ingame types

Actually the type combinations are quite boring. I don't think you see any unique combinations for a long time ingame. Scraggy comes to mind but that's about it. There are too many mono types and repeated type combinations (ex. Flying/psychic) for a brand new standalone dex of Pokemon. Did we really need 3 pure fighting and psychic lines when they could have done anything else with them?
>>
>>32546463
I should clarify that I know there are other unique typings present, but not early game.
>>
>>32544947
Its going to be a remake game or a Directors cut, or a very low chance at a sequel to XY or sun/moon.
Red, blue, Green
Yellow = Unique director's cut
Gold,Silver
Crystal = Director's cut
Ruby,Sapphire
FireRed & LeafGreen = Enhanced remakes
Emerald = Director's cut
Diamond, Pearl
Platinum = Director's cut
HeartGold, SoulSilver = Enhanced remakes
Black,White
Black2,White2 = Sequels
X,Y
OR,AS = Enhanced remakes
Sun,Moon
>>
>>32546463
there's a pure ice type line. that's been surprisingly rare throughout the games.
>>
>>32546519
So if we're going buy years each remake was this.
1996 - original red,blue,green
2004 - remake leafgreen,firered
8years between the remake and original

1999 - original gold,silver
2009 - remake heartgold,soulsiver
10years between the remake and the original

2002 - original Ruby,Sapphire
2014 - remake Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire
12years between the remake and original
>>
>>32546589
>muh patterns

But seriously, though, if that's true, 2020 sounds right...

Gen I remade in Gen III (on a console the originals weren't available on). Kind of an outlier for the rest....

Gen II remade in Gen IV (on a console the originals weren't available on).

Gen III remade in Gen VI (on a console the originals weren't available on).

Gen IV remade in Gen VIII (on a console the originals won't be available on)?

My tism at its finest.
>>
>>32544947
next gen games starring Necrozma that has been turned into two different legendary pokemon by evolving like Solgaleo and Lunala
>>
>>32546731
its not muh patterns bro, i maybe over thinking it though gen4 remake plus a director's cut will be the last 2 Pokemon games to be made on the 3DS before they go onto the Switch.
>>
>>32546804
Gen4 remake isnt happening anon.
Its way too soon for that.

We will get 2 more games for gen7 on 3ds and thats it.
>>
File: 1447381003516.png (25KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1447381003516.png
25KB, 112x112px
>>32544947
It's not that I'm expecting Stars, it's that I'm hoping for Stars.
XY was terrible, Z could've fixed it, but we didn't get Z so Gen 6 is just terrible.
SM aren't as bad as XY but still weren't great; however, the games have potential for improvement and a good enough third version can save Alola like Z might've saved Kalos if it was made. Game Freak is too lazy to just do the first games of a generation right, so we need third versions.
>>
>>32546810
what ever you say faglord, lord of cockdom.
>>
>>32544947
Sinnoh Remakes I think not sure about after that though.
>>
>>32545003
Why can't people just wait two years for the 3ds it's slow death?
>>
Testing.
>>
>>32544975
Anyone that doesn't believe this is going to happen is dumb, desu.
>Lillie's farewell
>The Nugget Bridge guy talking about Team Rocket and "where are they now"
>Bill mentinoned
>All Kanto Pokémon are only obtainable in their Alolan forms, which makes a game taking place in Kanto very likely, so that Kanto Pokémon are available in their original form again
>It's been a long time since Red and Blue - time references alone make room for a B2W2 type of sequel

I'm hoping for a Kanto -> Johto game, but it's probably Kanto -> Alola because of Alola's loose ends (3rd Type: Null, empty lots, the Dragon guy, the Ice guy, etc)
>>
>>32545183
I actually wouldn't mind them if they went ham with the new stuff.

Hell I'd play a Delta Emerald made by Genius Sonority.
>>
>>32546851
You're retarded if you didn't know it was the 20th anniversary for 1st gen.
>>
>>32546827
>Golf course
>Post game
>Kadabra
There's a lot they can fix up. Greedy fucks will never patch games though.
>>
>>32544947
>What are we actually gonna get?
gen 9
>>32544975
>>32545125
>>32546851
i guess three straight years of "LOL KANTO" wasn't enough for you numbnuts.
>>
>>32546851
>It's been a long time since Gold and Silver - time references alone make room for a B2W2 type of sequel
>It's been a long time since Ruby and Sapphire - time references alone make room for a B2W2 type of sequel
>It's been a long time since Diamond and Pearl - time references alone make room for a B2W2 type of sequel
see i could do it too.

now where's my johto, hoenn and sinnoh sequels.
>>
>>32546851
Nah, I think besides the 20th anniversary, it was to complement and promote the fact that you can experience kanto RBY on virtual console. You can also get regular alola mons there.

Although, a Kanto sequel with Alola post game on the switch would be an instant buy from me. It would be easy for GF to fit both regions with the better hardware, and i doubt it would be much work to just cut and paste alola over with some updates.
>>
>>32544947
it's gonna be stars because everyone's expecting something different da ze
>>
>>32545125
>they go back to kanto
>alolan pokemon have kanto forms
>>
>>32547132
>it was to complement and promote the fact that you can experience kanto RBY on virtual console
thanks for saying the reason why a new kanto game would be pointless.
>>
>>32547185
A 20 year old 8 bit game doesn't compare to a hypothetical sequel on the switch. Did you forget when GF spent five gens releasing the same region twice per gen cycle?
>>
>>32547211
>kanto sequels
>instead of johto sequels
it's been 18 fucking years since gen 2 yet you want sequel to a story that already got resolved.

also switch isn't a handheld (unless you have mario kart 7 deluxe).
>>
>>32545145
>getting skin cancer and dying slowly while relaxing in the two suns
noice
>>
>>32547272
Kanto makes the most sense relative to SMs plot. This is all hypothetical
>>
>>32546804
My point was that either way you look at it, your patterns or mine, it's too early for Gen IV remakes.
>>
>>32547326
>it's too early for Gen IV remakes
you're right. we need gen VI remakes.
>>
>>32547363
No amount of remaking can fix that steaming pile of shit.
>>
>>32547321
fuck you! i want a sequel to gen 2 games and the remakes of gen 4 games.

be happy that you have both a gen 1 sequel and a gen 1 remake as well as a virtual console release.
>>
>>32547321
fuck you, go die in a sea of super aids.
>>
>>32545125
I just want them to remake Kanto already just so they get all the pandering over with and focus on new shit.
>>
>>32546810
how the fuck is it "too soon" explain to me how it is, dipshit
>>
>>32544947
How I sort of see it is they didn't have to have Necrozma or simply just make it an Ultra beast. After the shit fest that was speculating about Z and then we got hit by Sun and Moon. They could have easily made Solgaleo and Lunala a duo just like Lugia and Ho-Oh (sure Suicune was the crystal mascot but Xy having only the two games). 'Stars' or whatever it will called is going to happen eventually. When? I don't know.
>>
>>32547272
>no Gen2 remakes
What do you call Soul Silver and Heart Gold?

Likely remakes in order at this point is:
D/P/Pt=RBY>BW>GSC

FRLG released in 2004, DP released in 2006, HGSS released in 2009, and BW released in 2010.

SM pointed towards a possible RBY remake, but with DP's 10th anniversary passing last year it makes sense for a release. It's still way to early to return to Unova and Johto. Unless a RBY remake post game was Johto but it makes more sense for Alola to be a RBY postgame.

Send me to Orre baby, I want a mainline game set in my favorite region already.
>>
>>32544975
>>32545125
So long as the areas are marginally bigger (like how HGSS improved upon them, or third versions did so), contains Sevii Islands, and it has a regional dex as big as XY, I'm down.
>>
>>32547754
That's a good point. Necrozma being absent would not have changed the game at all, it's really superfluous as far as the story, plot and lore of SM goes.

That said, we could also have said the same about zygarde in XY, but nothing really came of it besides some alternate forms.
>>
>>32547759
I want another visit to johto, the best region
>>
>>32547082
>Kadabra
I don't remember anything about Kadabra, what happened with Kadabra in SM?
>>
>>32546063
The experience system was an improvement for in-game playthroughs. It made grinding for competitive harder but if you don't inject that's your own fault.
>>
>>32544947
I hope its a Kanto/Johto combined remake without nu-gens because fuck you triggered kids
>>
>>32548240
>A new feature of Pokémon Sun & Moon is what is called Evolution Moves. These moves are moves that a Pokémon is completely guaranteed to learn upon the evolution. This means that if you miss the standard level to evolve a Pokémon, you won't necessarily miss a signature move or a move that fits it well. These moves are commonly at the top of a Pokémon's learnset, designated as a Level 0 move.

>There is, however, an issue with Evolution Moves at time of writing. If you evolve a Pokémon at a level when the evolution would learn the move, and it has an Evolution Move, then the Pokémon won't learn the standard move. For example, Abra evolves at Level 16 and Kadabra is meant to Confusion at Level 16, but it also has the Evolution Move Kinesis. Due to this, the Kadabra won't try to learn Confusion. It is unclear if this is a glitch or an intended consequence.

>>32548320
Reminder not to Reply to posters saying nu-gens
>>
>>32544975
fpbp
>>
>>32545184
i dont know about you, but i dont want my game to be in 240p in 2017
>>
>>32544947
>inb4 gamefreak is just messing with us and actually announces stars this friday
>>
>>32545003
Good. I have no intentions of getting a Switch and the longer I can wait the better.
>>
>>32546851
>All Kanto Pokémon are only obtainable in their Alolan forms, which makes a game taking place in Kanto very likely, so that Kanto Pokémon are available in their original form again

that's what bank and the virtual console releases of RBY were for
>>
>>32548401
too bad, you'll have to deal with it forever.... :^)
>>
>>32548270
>Just inject it
>>
>>32544947
Gen 7 was just an "anniversary gen", so it won't get any more mainline games. We're already going straight into Gen 8 next year.
>>
perfect thread for this, screencap it faggots

3rd sun/moon game
100 new pokemon but we're still in alola
new zmove for about 6 new pokemon
new UBs. around 4
announcement is in JUNE.
game is about necrozma and slated for november launch
>>
>>32544947
The extended list is more like
>when people expected Gray we got BW2
>when (some) people expected Hoenn remakes we got XY
>when people expected Z/XY2 we got ORAS
>when people (still) expected Z/XY2 we got SM
Now people expect Stars/SM2/Sinnoh remakes, so we'll get something completely different because GF is trying their hardest to be """unpredictable"""
>>
>>32550739
>100 more Pokemon for another gen 7 game

Hahahahaha
>>
>>32545125

stop sperging, crimsonkyren, you're not old enough to post here.
>>
>>32548362
They patched that glitch though.
>>
Yesterday there was a leak about this game and Stars coming in October 2017 for Switch.

Also a Pokémon Direct on March 31.
>>
>>32550754
>no SM2
>no sinnoh remakes
>no stars
>no kanto sequels
besides gen 8 or gen 2 games for the virtual console what could be next?
>>
I just want my Delta Emerald with the Battle Frontier. A remake of Johto with the level curve fixed and maybe the VS Seeker added would be nice. Or the DPPt remakes. Overall I just want the Battle Frontier back.

>>32550815
They'll probably finally give us Z/XY2 at this point since SM2/Stars/DPPt remakes are the center of attention right now.
>>
>>32550810
Magikarp Jump now's available on iOs
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.