[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How could they not include the battle frontier? it made remaking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: file.png (272KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
272KB, 500x250px
How could they not include the battle frontier? it made remaking these games pointless.
>>
>>32542337
The game was rushed out the ass and they knew people would still eat it up anyway regardless. The fact that people even on here defend GF not including content from a decade old game should've told you that.
>>
>>32542337
iirc they were forced to remake these games and didn't include Battle Frontier because not enough people actually care about it.
>>
>>32542337
Because they instead included actual new content. Reminder that HGSS also copypasted its Battle Frontier, without adding any new content except gimmicks.

"muh battle frontier" is a meme spouted by underage children such as
>>32542348
ORAS are objectively the best games in the series.
>>
File: 1488327221670.jpg (31KB, 563x421px) Image search: [Google]
1488327221670.jpg
31KB, 563x421px
>>32542378
>"ORAS are the best in the series"
>calling anyone underage

I believe the lack of Battle Frontier was the least of the game's problems. But thanks for being an example for my post.
>>
File: xjlmv0erxx8o6rpyzjpw.png (515KB, 640x451px) Image search: [Google]
xjlmv0erxx8o6rpyzjpw.png
515KB, 640x451px
>>32542378
>HGSS also copypasted its Battle Frontier, without adding any new content except gimmicks
>its a gimmick if it doesn't fit my narrative
>still defends ORAS despite no BF at all
Are ORAS apologists the worst type of people on /vp/?
>>
>>32542636
I don't think ORAS is amazing and it's stupid that Gamefreak won't want to add content but I definitely don't think it deserves to be so reviled.
>>
>>32542378
That "HGSS COPIED PLATINUM'S FACILITIES, YOU CAN'T SAY ORAS IS BAD FOR DOING IT!!" argument is idiotic, using Platinum's frontier not only didn't remove content that was there before, but added more than the original, whereas ORAS using X and Y's shitty maison cut content from the original and added nothing extra
>>
>>32542337

battle frontier was pointless the only ones who liked it are retarded hard mode shit machinists who are a minority inf the fan-base

gamefreak was wise to drop it and those who complain are a minority to she shut out at all costs and shown they are not the real fanbase anymore.
>>
>>32542636
HGSS added it because they could copypaste the code from Platinum.

At some point Masuda must have killed the BF because it must have been too much work over just copypasting the Maison
>>
>>32542660
This is retarded, even if I don't like the BF it's stupid to just drop content. Optional content is optional, no one is forcing you to play it
>>
Kids were too busy with their iphones to care about pokemans
>>
>>32542659
>whereas ORAS using X and Y's shitty maison cut content from the original and added nothing extra

Here's the thing though. RS are the originals. Functionally, the Maison is a Tower clone, but easier.
>>
>>32542378
>Reminder that HGSS also copypasted its Battle Frontier
Because there wasn't a Frontier in GSC smartass. And the "gimmicks" HGSS were better than whatever bullshit they added in ORAS. I'll take Pokeathlon over the "alternate between two moves on your Pikachu to win" contests. I'll take Voltorb Flip over a NPC apologizing about the devs not bothering with a Game Corner replacement. I'll take a new customizable safari zone over another boring route.

>>32542672
If remaking an island with a fuckton of content they already made the logic for 10+ years ago is too much work they shouldn't be doing remakes.
>>
>>32542698
HGSS were remakes of GS yet added content from Crystal.
>>
>>32542698
>Here's the thing though. RS are the originals

No one cares. Last Hoenn game had a Battle Frontier so there should be a Battle Frontier.
>>
File: 1479369260615.jpg (64KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1479369260615.jpg
64KB, 612x612px
>>32542660
>cutting supposedly easy to replicate and optional content is good game design

Jesus christ
>>
>defending the removal of content
This is why no one takes us Pokémon fans seriously.
>>
>>32542712
specially not game freak.
>>
>>32542730
Gamefreak wouldn't take you seriously anyway
>>
>>32542337
They did say the BF will come back in ORAS with all those references they made.

I would have taken those references as a douchebag reference from Masuda. But Sun & Moon has made huge references to the BF as well with Anabel from Emerald verse showing up and the original Frontier Brain theme from Emerald as her theme. Say there are three empty building lots on three of the islands. Tents maybe?
>>
>>32542795
I don't have hope for any postgame content resembling the Battle Frontier or PWT ever returning.
>>
>>32542660
>Machinists
>>
>>32542704
They also removed content from Crystal, just like ORAS did with Emerald. They're literally the same shit, but one had the advantage of being made in a gen where the previous games had a good post game which could be copy pasted.
>>
>>32542337

Oh? I didn't know that ORAS was a remake of Emerald?...Silly Gamefreak...
>>
>>32543699
>HGSS included SOME content from Crystal
>ORAS did not include ANY content from Emerald
>"It's the same"
>>
>>32543699
This anon gets it.
>>
>>32543981
Wrong.

The correct thing to say is that:

>HGSS included MOST Crystal content
>ORAS included SOME Emerald content
>>
>>32543710
/thread
>>
Copied battle tower in Ruby and saphire and put it in FrLg

Copied Battle Frontier from Platinum
and Put it in HGSS

Copied maison from XY
and put it in ORAS

If we get gen 4/1 remake this gen
It will just have battle tree
>>
File: 1439772218838.png (780KB, 1017x929px) Image search: [Google]
1439772218838.png
780KB, 1017x929px
>>32542337
Because smartphone kiddies and nostalgiafags are who Gamefreak is pandering to now.
Kids lack the attention span to do anything beyond the main campaign so they left it out. People that like extra content and a decent challenge in the post-game aren't the target audience anymore, sadly.

I honestly dread how they're going to butcher Sinnoh. Platinum is my favorite main series game and I just know that they're going to remake Diamond and Pearl instead.
>>
>>32544056
I dont remember HGSS referencing Crystal that much besides Eusine
And suicune making kanto more relevant

I was little upset no Odd Egg in hgss
Early baby pokemon would have been nice
>>
>>32543981
Wrong.

>Rayquaza is plot relevant (like in Emerald)
>the Evil Team of the game takes over the Space Center (like in Emerald) and you team up with Steven in a multi battle to stop them (like in Emerald)
>You fight Wallace´s Champion Team fropm Emerald
>the Battle Frontier overworld theme is used at the Battle Resort
> the Frontier Brain theme is used when fighting the Battle Chaeteleines
>the Rayquaza descending from the sky theme from Emerald is used at Sky Pilla.
>You can find Pokemon with EGG MOVES in the wild via DexNav, like you could in Emerald via SWARMS (other games that HAD Swarms before and after Emerald, didn´t have Egg Moves iirc)
>you get postgame starters from other regions, like in Emerald.
>Move Tutors in the Battle Resort like in Emerald
>the PC designs are a mix of RS with Emerald´s desogn.

So, ORAS did actually add quite a lot of Emerald content. HGSS added more Crystal content percent wise,but that´s because there were less additions made in Crystal compared to Emerald.

The fact is that both remakes added content from their respective third game, but none added ALL of it.

Also, HGSS and ORAS are both brilliant games, and whoever hates one of them, or both, is objectively wrong.
>>
>>32544095
>Clair's new trial+ES Dratini
>New Ruins of Alph puzzles
>Buena's password
>The female MC
There's probably more.
>>
>>32544095
Well, besides the Suicune plot, Buena´s Password (a radio show exclusive to Crystal) was also added.

The extra cchambers for the Unown from Crystal, were also added.

The Extreme Speed Dratini that you can get in Dragon´s Den in Crystal, was also added.

One thing that wasn´t added was the roof top floor of the Goldenrod Deparment Store.
>>
File: bdzuB4N.gif (949KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
bdzuB4N.gif
949KB, 400x225px
>>32544062
>If we get gen 4/1 remake this gen
>It will just have battle tree
>>
>>32542337
The games are a lot of other things than just battling cheating AI in gimmick modes
>>
Truth is, both HGSS and ORAS used the battle facility that was more handy to use, as in, the facility added in the previous game.

Both games are so great, and have so much more content than their battle facility, that whoever criticizes one of them, should be called tasteless right away.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.