[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It seems for whatever reason Donphan is always left unused by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 2232-Shiny-Donphan.png (263KB, 800x574px) Image search: [Google]
2232-Shiny-Donphan.png
263KB, 800x574px
It seems for whatever reason Donphan is always left unused by GF. And when i mean unused i mean that you never see this Pokemon used by any NPC in the game.

I might be wrong but i dont think anyone uses Donphan in the main games at all. Maybe some post game or battle facilities NPCs but in the main portion of the game i dont think i ever saw Donphan outside of wild encounter

I think the same applies to some other mons like Stantler and Shedinja. Why is that the case?
>>
>>32536473
I always figured gamefreak left a few unused to give the game a sense of exploration. Stuff like chimecho, which was actually really rare in RSE and would just be a void in the pokedex unless you either ran into it in the wild or did online research or rumor to figure out what pokemon was supposed to be there.
>>
>>32536498
Yeah i get it but Chimecho then appears in NPCs teams in later games, Donphan, Stantler or Shedinja dont, they're just either wild or evolution option. No one uses them
>>
>>32536473
shedinja is perfectly understabable why no one uses it
there will be that one person who would not be able to get past it
>>
>>32536473
I only remember a lategame NPC in Emerald using one

It's just not a very memorable Pokemon outside of its appearance in the first movie
>>
>>32536473
Have Donphan and Stantler even been in a regional dex other than Johto's? I can't recall seeing either of them in other regions, except in the post game.
>>
>>32536551
Donphan was in Hoenn's, but I'm not sure about Stantler.
>>
>>32536473

I'd love to see a region form version of Donphan either as a water/fire type.
>>
>>32536559
Stantler was also in Hoenn, its just not in any trainer's team and its a rare encounter in the safari zone
>>
>>32536473
At least it got used in the first Pokémon movie. As far as ignored Pokémon go it could be worse.

Are there any NPCs that use, say, Kingler?

Also I think there's an NPC somewhere that uses Shedinja, but I'm not 100% sure.
>>
>>32536738
An Ace Trainer uses two in ORAS but that's in an optional battle at the Mauville food court.
>>
>>32536738
Ash has a Kingler. As far as the anime goes being on Ash's team is better than a minor role in a movie. There's an NPC on the SS Aqua that uses Kingler, which means you can fight it again and again.
>>
I don't remember many trainers using the 2nd stage of any pseudos other than shelgon and dragonair
>>
They should add an NPC who only uses Shedinja and always challenges you at the worst possible timing for them, like in a desert or snow route, or use recoil moves and damaging items.
>>
File: 1492742799479.jpg (26KB, 220x237px) Image search: [Google]
1492742799479.jpg
26KB, 220x237px
>>32536729
Nope, you're mixing it up with Girafarig which in the safari zone, and a couple of psychics ingame had it anyway. Stantler was only in Emerald's postgame safari.
>>
>>32536738
>Are there any NPCs that use, say, Kingler?
There's an Ace Trainer (?) in Gen II before the Pokemon League gate who uses Kingler. I always remember him because he has such a cool team (Kingler, Victreebel and the last one is Flareon if I'm not mistaken. Nice Fire/Water/Grass core with fully evolved Pokemon).
>>
>>32536729
No, Stantler has only been in the Johto regional sex. I think it and the Pineco line are the only non-legendary Gen 2 Pokemon to not be in a later regional Pokedex.
>>
>>32536738
An ace trainer Gaven in the games gold silver and the remakes uses Kingler. He's on route 26 and asks for rematches when called
>>
>>32536851
*other than the starters.
>>
The battle arena frontier brain uses shedinja one of the times you battle her.
>>
>>32536982
I guess there's that at least
>>
Donphan was, at least partially, designed by OEM. Like Lugia and Greninja it's not clear how much came from which party.

Around the third or fourth gen, one of the TPC guys lamented over their inability to excise any creatures. This could go a long way to explain why some creatures are elusive in the least sexy way.
>>
>>32536851
>Johto regional sex????
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.