[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vp/ tell me about the time you first played pokemon, story doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11

/vp/ tell me about the time you first played pokemon, story doesn't have to be super interesting or anything just share your memories.

>be 9
>get a copy of silver with a dark bluish GBC
>my mom already started a file and named the character "MOM"
>delete file
>accidentally choose the wrong pokemon
>mfw my first ever pokemon was a cyndiquil I chose by mistake
>>
Be 37
Sneak into elementary schools to break into kids lockers
Steal some kids game boy
Has silver in it
Decide to try it
Catch a wooper and instantly ejaculate
>>
File: Gavin[1].png (370KB, 740x551px) Image search: [Google]
Gavin[1].png
370KB, 740x551px
My brother was a very loud, angry and violent child. He saw an advert for Pokémon Red & Blue in The Beano and shouted at my parents, threatened to never talk to them again, threatened to beat me up etc. if they didn't buy them for him. So they went to Toys 'R Us and bought him Red

He didn't let me play on it, so the next week they went to buy one for me, and I got Blue.
He got upset at how unfair it was that he didn't have Blue, so they bought Blue for him as well
So he ended up with two games for some reason

My parents probably should have disciplined him more.
>>
File: wY72sUiI.jpg (32KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
wY72sUiI.jpg
32KB, 401x401px
>be like 9 or whatever
>watch the anime and collect the cards but don't have a gameboy
>at a friend's house
>he has blue
>i play it, find wild jigglypuff
>jigglypuff is my favorite pokemon
>"enemy jigglypuff"
>but jigglypuff's my friend
>mfw
>>
>age 5
>spiteful bitch
>steal copy from rich cunt cousin
>no one really noticed until ten or so years later

was pretty ok, lived with mad christians who were into the evolution controversy so i had to hide it.
>>
>>32535793
>be 8
>watch pokemon and pokemon commercial for the first time
>hey dad can I get that
>ok but only if you read more often
>k
>get red version and a gbc from what's now costco, thing is bundled in a huge waste of plastic
>playtime is pretty much budgeted based on how much I read
I read so much useless crap to try and get as much playtime as I could.
>>
>babysitter told me to suck his dick
>i dick
>got to play silver while I sucked his dick
>character was named "lil"
>>
File: 5.png (172KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
172KB, 320x240px
>>32535999
Nice trips. But check out my 5.
>>
>>32535793
Pervert
>>
>>32535793
>be 25
>I haven't played a single pokemon game ever. >Just didn't find it worth it spending $200 for one game.
>Get into pokemon GO like every other normie at the time.
>browse 4chan
>stumble across pokemon clover
>Notice it's jam packed with all my favourite memes
>Also notice its free
>Try it
>Don't see the appeal
The mons are cute, story is good, anime is decent but I never really clicked with the game.
>>
File: denko.png (177KB, 511x511px) Image search: [Google]
denko.png
177KB, 511x511px
>God knows how old I was
>Pokefever
>I really liked Pikachu
>Can you give me a gameboy with pokemon yellow mom
>Yes

Dropped after gen 3 and only cameback because they announced ORAS.
>>
>>32535793
>Be 9
>Diamond and Pearl comes out
>Can I get it, Mom?
>Oke
>Get Diamond because Pearl has the uglier legendary.
>Pick Piplup
>Steamroll with over-leveled Empoleon and slave Bidoof.
>Loose Game
>Find Pearl for free
>>
my sister picked up leafgreen one day and let me play it a bit. i decided i wanted my own pokemon game so we went to the local game shop.

i was supposed to get firered so my sister and i could do shit together. but i was a selfish brat, and i thought groudon was the shit so i got ruby instead.
>>
>>32536341
>find pearl for free

How did you just "find" a copy for free.
>>
>>32535793
my recently passed away older brother got me into the anime when it first showed on FOX!kids back when i was in elementary school then a week later my Dad came home with one starter deck it was the Overgrowth one and one booster pack i know its not much but we where pretty poor but still had enough to put food on the table i got home early and my dad was splitting the cards up for us kids there was 5 of us 2 girls 3 boys my but my sisters didn't like the cards & my little brother was too young for them so i got them, but my older brother got the rares because he was older, i didn't mind.
>>
>>32536351
Damned if I know. I think one of my siblings found it somewhere in the grass. Now that I think about it, they might've stolen it and lied about it.
>>
File: gayshit.jpg (11KB, 236x283px) Image search: [Google]
gayshit.jpg
11KB, 236x283px
>8 years old

>all the cute boys at school have been talking about pokemon for months and they spend every lunch period battling and trading

>I want to be popular, so I memorize every single pokemon and watch the TV show every day

>too shy to talk to anyone so I'm still the creepy bitch

I named my Charmander Char. My grandma leveled him up to 100 for me.
>>
>>32536003
no 5 but your still a faggot.
>>
>>32536341
>Started with gen 4
Stop posting here. Stop playing pokemon. Just... stop.
You have nothing to gain here while we have a lot to lose if you remain. Do us all a favor.
I don't hate you, we are just incompatible. Now close the tab and swear to never open this board again. I'm sure you can find much better ways to emply your time. Reading, playing sports, getting fit, talking to girls, learning a trade, the possibilities are limitless. Now go, champ, make us proud. And never look back. Please.
>>
>>32535914
How'd he turn out?
>>
>be 9
>hear friend talking about some new thing in cafeteria
>show us a copy of Base Set Hitmonchan
>holyshititsawesome.jpg
>ask dad to buy me cards
>head to comic store and get starter deck and three boosters
>get Gyarados

I could still tell you when I got my first of each of the holo cards for the first time. It was a big deal when you were 9/10.

That friend who introduced me to Pokemon ended up fracturing his leg about a month later in one of those "boys vs girls" romps on the playground, so his dad bought him a booster box of Base Set. It was shadowless, which didn't mean anything to us at the time...if only we knew then what we knew now.
>>
File: p.jpg (38KB, 374x517px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
38KB, 374x517px
>>32535793
First time i got introduced to Pokemon was when i was at my friends birthday party (7 years old). He had gotten some strange cards (Pokemon cards) that i didnt know anything about. At that party he gave me a free Poliwag card - and thats where it all started. A while later i got introduced by the same friend to Pokemon Blue for Gameboy. He let me try out the game while going outside to buy some snack. I didnt know anything about the game, so i was stupid enough to catch a Ponyta in a Masterball. Naturally he got abit mad at me since he hadnt saved his file for hours. But we laugh at it when we bring up the story today. Later i wanted to buy Pokemon Red myself so we could trade the version exclusive Pokemon with each other. But my parents didnt want me to buy it since they said i had enough games already (typical parents i guess at that age). But as the stubborn child i was i had some extra savings for a situation like this. So i took the buss alone for the first time to the big city and bought the game myself. I wanted it sooo badly back then. Surprisingly enough my parents didnt get mad at me when they found out about it. I think they got more surprised by all the effort i took just to get a single gameboy game.
>>
File: 1708003.jpg (656KB, 800x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1708003.jpg
656KB, 800x1136px
>be 9
>Watch the Pokémon anime
>Fell in love with a Pokémon that looks like a Princess/Angel.

*4 years later*
>be 13
>Completely forget about that Pokémon.
>play ruby in my friend GBA.
>A wild ralts appeared!
>-Cute!
>Catch her
>Name her Ikhros (Idk why)
>Evolve her
>-Cute!!
>Evolve her again
>Fell in love again
My first waifu.

>buy emerald
>Choose torchic (Female)
>Name her hicky
>Catch a ralts
>Name her Ikhros
>Rape the Pokémon League with my overleved Blaziken and Gardevoir.

>~Groudon~
>Go to find Groudon
>Blaziken Fainted.
>Try to catch Groudon with only my Gardevoir (Psychic/Hypnosis/Dream Eater/Shadow Ballfuck gen 3)
>Groudon used rest!
>Gardevoir used Dream Eater!
>Repeat this like for two hours
>Used like 39 ultra balls, 11 turno balls and catch Groudon with a fucking PokeBall!

>~Kyogre~
>She gets into the Malla ball quite easily.

>~Rayquaza~
>Gardevoir used Psychic!
>Rayquaza ded.

Sorry for my bad English. :3
>>
>>32536424
>Malla ball
Is this what you catch a bolbasaur with after you used a thunderstorm on it?
>>
File: 1492867226971.jpg (7KB, 157x134px) Image search: [Google]
1492867226971.jpg
7KB, 157x134px
>Be me
>6
>Cousins have a copy of Silver
>Was already a Pokefreak because of the anime and hundreds of cards I used to collect. I even had a giant Blastoise plush at the time.
>Ask if I could have it, because why not.
>Surprisingly they said Yes
>They had Gold as well so it's not like it mattered.
>Popped it inside my Pikachu/Pichu Edition Gameboy Color that I stole from my mom's friend son.
>Start a new game
>Chose Cyndaquill.

And the rest is history.
>>
>>32536361
Pls be in london
>>
>>32535793
>Watch german RTL2
> Pokemon WERBUNG shows up
> Later I discovered games, Played Red on good old emulator
>>
>be 8 or so
>what's this new Pokemon craze? sounds stupid
>what do you mean, you just run around catching things, is that all you do?
>oh right, you fight with them as well
>end up with Blue and the Prima strategy guide
>start with "COOL" the Squirtle and use nothing else because the game doesn't encourage it enough
>>
File: snek_0.png (1MB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
snek_0.png
1MB, 720x1080px
>three years too late to really be the main audience for Pokemon craze
>have older sister super into pokemon
>basically grow up with the cards, anime, and games, hard to think of a time when I didn't know about pokemon
>loved watching my sister play and freaking out over stuff
>with gold and silver finally get to play one myself, but still needed her help
>RS come out, get both, and finish a Pokemon game completely on my own since my sister didn't really play it anymore

All these years later and I still love it, it's such a huge part of my life
>>
>>32535914
Holy shit I haven't heard someone mention The Beano in like 15 years. Sorry about your brother.
>>
>>32536607
Sorry, in spanish the Net Ball is calling Malla Ball.
>>
>>32536060
Why tf are you here then?
>>
>be 7
>move to new town
>kids at school are into Pokemon
>tell Mom
>tells me we'll get a game if I do good on my report card
>shit the bed
>egt Fire Red anyway
>starter was Bulbasaur
>get to mt moon but get lost
>play it so much I peed myself
>get yelled at and had it taken away before I could save (this was still the first day I got it)
>>
>>32536367
is this pasta
>>
File: 1460097105314.png (115KB, 415x292px) Image search: [Google]
1460097105314.png
115KB, 415x292px
>>32535793
>Doing kid things
>Missingno glitch was the hottest thing on the campgrounds
>ended up catching a team of Mewtwo's because my ingame name was Red. (had red version by the way)
>battled my brother.
>after he spent 5 of his mons killing my Mewtwo, I send out another Mewtwo.
>hfw
>>
>>32537900
No, it's a genuine plead. Leave please.
>>
>>32537900
either that or some real high octane autism
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.