[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Pokémon GO era >released completely out of the blue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_8208.png (459KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8208.png
459KB, 1024x1024px
The Pokémon GO era

>released completely out of the blue
>everyone panics and everyone plays it at the same time
>servers can't handle it
>entire app is useless for two days
>servers are better
>bugs are everywhere
>two weeks later bugs are fixed
>game is working smoothly
>everyone is outside catching Pokémon
>everyone is choosing mystic for whatever reason
>people start to use gyms
>0% of people understand gyms
>I still don't go this day
>game is on life support for a month
>dies completely

But it was that small period of time where the entire world came together. I met tons of new people and there was more human interaction in one month than the last ten years combined.

Pretty weird looking back
>>
All that wasted potential.
Ha.
>>
>>32527553
It's still pretty popular famalam
>>
>>32527584
This. It's still one of the top mobile games out there, it's just not an omnipresent social phenomenon anymore like it was for a couple of weeks.
>>
No matter what changes it did. It was gonna die out large sum.

That's how fads work. If you can maintain 20% username than u done good
>>
>>32527584
Not where I live. The only people who play are spoofers and carfags that only come out at night. If someone sees you playing it you'll probably get made fun of
>>
>>32527659
So just like the handheld
>>
>>32527553
It was definitely an interesting time
Pokemon Go to the poll's!
>>
>>32527553
>implying the Simpsons won't revive public interest in Pokémon GO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc5gSQxcqgk
>>
>>32527961
I don't think they want people back or something.

Literally all they would have to do is add legendaries, bring the old walking system back, maybe give small town people an advantage like a bonus for using the same couple stops consecutively and owning the same gyms consecutively.

I mean they literally don't have to do much more achievements and shit like the day streaks that gives you experience something like random loot would be HUGE like just walking and find a nest of rarish Pokémon without being close to spawns or item drops but in cities they probably already have this and you find crazy ass Pokémon too just walking around so.
>>
File: IMG_3857.jpg (40KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3857.jpg
40KB, 600x337px
>>32528042
>>
>>32528042
>bring the old walking system back
It literally didn't work.
>>
>>32528345
It worked until they broke it, and couldn't bring it back because they're incompetent
>>
>>32528371
>It worked until they broke it,
It never worked anon. It was either extremely inaccurate, was broken or put a huge strain on servers from the very beginning.
>>
>>32528042
>implying this will bring them back
Maybe some people, but what made Go so giant was it being a fad. Software updates aren't going to bring normies and their families back.
>>
File: 1488839576893.png (367KB, 568x454px) Image search: [Google]
1488839576893.png
367KB, 568x454px
>tfw that you know that the fanbase is gonna be fucked for a while when a woman running for president makes a shitty joke out of the game

If anything, those were dark ages. Glad that Sun and Moon reformed the fanbase though.
>>
>>32528456
>Glad that Sun and Moon reformed the fanbase though.
By pandering yo the people you hate?
>>
>>32528345
If you're in the middle of nowhere and can only hunt wild mons it did
>>
>>32527553
Shit grindfest for homos and retarded youtubers. Wasted potential. It was a bit fun catching some rare pokemon, but that was all
>>
I walked so many fucking miles hatching those cunting eggs

Felt healthier, saw places in my city I'd never been before (we have a George Harrison memorial for some fucking reason) even got a tan sort of.

It was shit, glad it's over and now I'm back on my couch eating pizza
>>
>>32527553
People literally died playing this game.
>>
>>32529673
>Retards literally died playing this game.
>>
>>32529674
I was trying not to offend you guys.
>>
File: aNKVzv6_700b.jpg (109KB, 459x810px) Image search: [Google]
aNKVzv6_700b.jpg
109KB, 459x810px
>>32529629
>Wasted potential

Truth
>>
>>32529677
OOOOOOOHHHHHH
>>
>>32528810
If you have to go to bumfuck nowhere for it to have a shot at working then it doesn't work.
>>
Pokemon Go General >>32524035

Lurk more, faggot.
>>
>>32528055
>18-34 year-old Millennials
Is there an 18 year-old baby boomer?
>>
>>32527961
Good god that is a terrible song.

What the fuck happened? This is the show that had catchy tunes like 'See my Vest', 'Monorail Song', 'Talkin' Softball', 'We Do', and so on. This is just...Annoying.
>>
>>32529794
You're nearly 30 and discussing the Simpsons on the pokemon board of 4chan

get over it
>>
>>32527553
>dies completely
that's bullshit
like this kind of shit triggers my autism so fucking hard
>>
>>32527909
That gave me cancer sempai
>>
>>32527553
And all this time now there's still features that we're advertised in the first trailer that STILL aren't in in the game today.
>>
>>32527584
With the "the only two games I know are minecraft and Go because I'm 7" crowd, sure. Which, I mean, is a big market. But not really the optimal one.
>>
File: 152498h.png (109KB, 397x254px) Image search: [Google]
152498h.png
109KB, 397x254px
>>32529677
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>32527669
Handheld doesn't get made fun of here, if anything they tend to ignore or mention they also play, then just turn out to be about as skilled at it as an in-game trainer.
>>
>>32529695
>howtotriggervpinoneimage.jpg
>>
so many things went wrong with this
literally all they had to do was copy paste the battle mechanics and trading
how do you fuck that up
>>
>>32529863
Is that what /vp/ was expecting from GO before it was released?
>>
>>32529869
They never did implement trading like they promised, did they?
>>
>>32527553
The game had huge potential but they blew it so fucking hard. Game was buggy as fuck out the gate and no trading or trainer battles was a deal breaker.
>>
>>32529893
I found this odd. It would make the game much more interesting. Imagine you are in Team Mystic and they wanted to claim EVERY gym in their country and there was a sipplemental site to former smaller guilds in your large guild or someone with 100 spare rare mons that "didn't have the raw power/right move" get gifted/traded to a new player so they can get out and possibly compete. Then it becomes a WE thing, not a look at ME thing like it is now. Not as fun or as engaging in general.

The remaining target audience is likely to never be usurped because of their head start. This needs to be fixed. There needs to be a way to play this game outside and not be beat by spoofers. It'll likely never happen. I'm sure they did their best to stop that but ultimately it killed the game imho. Keyboard jockeys fucking "running" around town dominating in a few clicks while you have the people physically playing the game outside looking stupid because they should know they will never win, they don't get an recognition for collecting them all. The fleshy billboards of this ridiculous AR game get beat by nerdlords that never even dressed themselves to play the game or has a bot doing work for them which seems like a dull overall experience, being the best without feeling any real accomplishment. Utilize the people and the game accessories to advertise for them.

(expansions like the baby mon one have made the availability confusing and not generation dependant, strongly disagree with the way they handled it)

I feel they are waiting on a really big expansion to revitalize hype and are waiting to be ready for it. This likely isn't the case though.
>>
File: RIP nick.png (337KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
RIP nick.png
337KB, 500x403px
>dies completely

Really, dude?

>>32524035
>>
>>32530014
>Wow, it has a dedicated thread on a niche board in a congolian giraffe painting website!

Compared to launch it's fucking nothing, people were leaving their homes in mass to play it, it was the 1st gen popularity peak again, with "normal" people that aren't interested in videogames acknowledging its might and partaking in it just to ride the trend. Now only mobile fags with nothing better to do waste their time on it and it matters even less than the mainline games, which already left the mainstream appeal a dozen years ago. And no, the 2nd gen update didn't matter, it had a brief resurgence only for warty nerds that care about pokemon as a whole like you and me.

Niantic had a treasure in their hands and they let it slip away. It was gonna die sooner or later just like mainline pokemon but it could have lasted a lot longer and they could have ensured themselves a much bigger userbase. Now I doubt they'll ever add 3rd gen and onwards mons. I give it 2 years at max before they shut the servers.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.