[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Create your own Pokemon move/ability, and try to make it balanced.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4

Create your own Pokemon move/ability, and try to make it balanced. I'll start.

Move: Crossfire

Type: Fire

Special Move

PP: 15

Desc.: The user shoots a flurry of flame blasts at the opponent. Damage increases if a Pokemon switches in on the attack.

Normal Damage: 75

Switch in Damage: 95
>>
Whoops, forgot accuracy.

95%
>>
>>32522988
Flurry
Ice, Physical
100 Power
10 PP
100 Accuracy
It's earthquake but even more difficult to avoid
However, it'd get limited to a lower number of Pokemon.
Absol, Glalie, Walrein, Abomasnow, Swampert, Gyarados, Mamoswine, Lapras, Weavile, ASandslash, Beartic, Kyurem, Arceus, Drampa, and Samurott could be able to learn it. Could be a leg up for those who rely on Blizzard, or just a good move.
>>
>>32522988
Pinball
>Steel type
>Physical
>25 BP, 95 Acc
>The user curls up and starts spinning without control. It hits all adjacent Pokémon 2 to 5 times in a row

Basically a multi-strike move that hits everybody, like Earthquake. Pokémon that are spherical and fast (Togedemaru, Electrode, whirlipede at a late level, minior) can learn this move.

It doesn't have many applications in battle or anything, but I think the move's animation could be fun. Also we don't have any canon steel move that hits multiple targets outside of gear up.
>>
>>32523028
I think that Ice Breaker would be a cooler name for this
>>
Ability : Unsettle

Same as Intimidate but lowers Sp.Atk instead.
>>
Dragonic Force
Drangon type
Raises the user special attack and speed by one
Pixie blade
Fairy type
70 power
15 PP
100 Accuaracy
this may lower the opponet attack stat
>>
>>32523084
dragonic force would be too op
remember that dragon dance is balanced by the burn condition and intimidate

now if did this
Enhance
whatever type
Sp.Atk and accuracy +1
like a special hone claws. much needed since the stronger special attacks have low accuracy. however not everything could get it obviously

pixie blade is ok but 70 may be too low. play rough despite the 90acc would be almost always better
>>
>>32523113
the idea was to give it to weak pokemon not op ones tho and pixe blade i was going to make it a tutor move because there only one physical fairy type move in the whole games
>>
>Sowing Seeds
>Grass Type
>This Pokémon plants seeds into the ground, dealing grass type damage to swap ins, Rototiller now boosts your attack and spatk by double if seeds are in use.
>>
>>32523072
Name too similar to unnerve.

Try again
>>
Ability: Spirit Ward

Effect: Cuts damage from Ghost moves to half, and grants immunity to Ghost type status moves (Destiny Bond, Curse, Confuse Ray, Spite etc.)

Alternately gives full immunity to all Ghost moves, even attacking moves. I'd like to see something like this on a Psychic type with an exorcist theme. If it happened, it'd probably look something like a shrine maiden from my Japanese animes.
>>
Burrowing
User is immune to flying moves, Dig is 1 turn. Given to rodents and other naturally burrowing creatures.
>>
Siege Mode
Normal type
+2 sp-atk +2 def +2 sp-def
-3 speed

very limited distribution, Blastoise, Octillery, Forretress, Magmortar, Clawitzer, Golem-A and Vikavolt. Maybe Kingdra
Basically everything with a tie to cannons and artillery.
>>
Move: Acid Rain
Poison Type
Status
5 PP

Poison-type weather condition, something I thought would be cool even before Gen 3 came out. It damages everything except for Poison and Steel types (it should damage Steel types because acid, but eh, Gamefreak's rules) like Sandstorm and Hail does. And of course, the abilites that would follow a new weather condition.
>>
>>32523028
>Gyarados and Mamoswine with a 100BP physical ice move

No
>>
Move: Corrosive Acid
Poison Type
Special
70 Power
10 PP
100 Accuracy
It hits super effective to Steel Type Pokémon
>>
File: ayy lmao.gif (767KB, 127x189px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.gif
767KB, 127x189px
Third Kind Encounter:
The presence of this Pokemon causes confusion to its foes when it enters in battle.

Exclusive to the Ayy lmao mons
>>
>>32523339
>Mamoswine
Every single physical ice type deserves a 100bp move to make up for the fact they're part ice type

The only op thing would be if water types got access to it
>>
>>32523181
you know how GF is. it'd be exclusive to "shitmons" for a gen if that much. then a sublegendary with near 600bst would get it or something of the sorts. i mean i'm not against that move, but special attacks don't have as many stoppers as physical ones (burns, intimidate, confusion damage, contact damage via rough skin/rock helmet...)
>>
Flash bomb
Type Normal , special
85 attack
15 PP
95 Accuracy
May lower the target accuracy
>>
>>32522988
Return Stroke
Electric
80 BP
5 PP
Priority +2
Desc: The user hits the target with a enormous electric discharge.This attack always goes first.
>>
HA: Primal rage

If this pokemon have 1/3 of its HP, this double its Atk and Def.

Just for: Infernape, Pansear, Darimatan, Primeape, and Slaking
>>
Ability: Concussive
Effect: All contact attacks gain 50% more power and gain 33% recoil.
>>
Move: Fuse
Effect: Target used Explosion if it's hit by a Fire-type move.
This could be fun, maybe double-ghost forced Explosion would be fun. Chandelure Fuses, another Will-o-Wisps, making the opponent KO two of their mons. Might be a bit OP, but what do I know?
>>
>>32524006
imagine a rampardos using head smash against a chansey.
rampardos max hp is 398 (lvl 100, 31iv, 252 ev)
head smash with 225bp at level 100, naive, 31iv, 252ev ohkos the chansey (full 610hp at lvl100, 0iv, 0ev)
67% recoil (50 x 1.33) nets a recoil of 408,7
Amazing
>>
>>32522988
>Crossfire
>flurry of flame blasts
>Not calling it Crossfire Hurricane
>>
>>32524189
boy this aint a fuckin anime
>>
>>32522988
Ability: Bloom

It's an Overgrowth that is always active but you can only use grass type moves.
>>
>>32524446
with the ammount of grass-types with no coverage and things like spore(s), leech seed, worry seed, synthesis, spiky shield and aromatherapy it might actually work with the right stats.
maybe it should also prevent synthesis from healing less than 50%
>>
Fairy Dust

Status Move

Pp:10

Type: Fairy

Treats pokemon as if they have the levitating ability
>>
>>32523286
I wouldn't say that is balanced, it gives better ease to tanking and boosts special attack, and some of the ones that get it are more defensive than speedy anyway
>>
>>32522988
Sacrifice
Normal
5 PP
100% accuracy

When used, the user faints, allowing the player to use their Mega Ring for a second time. Any of your other Pokemon in the field will lose 10 Friendship Points.

Acid Rain
5 PP
Poison
100% Accuracy

Summons for five turns the Acid Rain type weather: All non Poison or Steel types lose 1/16 of their HP each turn, and all non Poison or Steel types decrease their Sp. Atk. by one stage when Acid Rain begins or when they are sent out during Acid Rain.
>>
>>32525051
Thats good, its a fairy magnst rise
>>
Ability: Lithe Body
Effect: When put on the field, this Pokemon's evasiveness increases by 1 stage.

Ability: Smooth Moves
Effect: When put on the field, this Pokemon's accuracy increases by 1 stage.
>>
>>32522988
Power of memetry
Bp 100 Acc100 pp10-16
Fighting/physical
Deals damage. Every field move in your field (eh, screens...) gets swapped with enemies (so if you have sr and enemy has reflect, you steal reflect and give sr to them)
Peculiar move of Ballio

Memery [Ballio HA]
Defeating an enemy = full healing
>>
Move: Pixelate
Electric
Status
10 PP
100% Accuracy
The user raises Evasiveness and Sp. Atk. by one stage at the cost of lowering Atk. by one stage.
>>
Snack Time
Fairy
5 PP
Status
50% Accuracy

Forces everyone present on the field to immediately consume any held Berries.
>>
Stronghold
Status Rock type
5 PP
Raises the user and the ally def and special def by one
>>
Nitro Boost
Steel
Status
75% Accuracy
10 PP

The user's speed increases by 2 stages for the next 3 turns, after which speed falls by two stages. While speed is boosted by Nitro Boost, Nitro Boost cannot be used successfully again by that Pokemon. Doesn't carry over with Baton Pass.
>>
>>32523286
This is op because trick room
>>
Mach Impact
Normal
Physical
100 BP
70% Accuracy
5 PP

Runs off the user's Spd. stat. Causes heavy recoil damage.

Gale Force Winds
Flying
Special
Variable BP
80% Accuracy
15 PP
The user whips up extremely strong winds. Lighter Pokemon are damaged more by this attack.

Chain Reaction
Electric
Special
Variable BP (starts at 10)
80% Accuracy
10 PP

This attack doubles it's BP each time it is successfully used sequentially.
>>
>>32523047
>use this on something with skill link
>put the 3DS down and get some food while the battle animation plays.
>>
>>32522988
So, this is just a shitty Flamethrower, right?
>>
>>32523372
Made me laugh more than it should have
I like it
>>
>>32523372
Marcianito 100% real no fake
>>
>>32525351
>mach impact
seems nice. with the right distribuition can be really good without being broken
>gale force winds
name is too long. just gale force or gale winds. why the low acc? it's kinda situational and most FE pokemon are on the bigger side
>chain reaction
on the 4th turn it'd be 80bp, which isn't much, and that's hoping you'd get there with the 80%acc and surviving 4 turns. maybe have it be a multy hit with increasing power, not sure on doubling, and decreasing acc
i.e. first hit 15bp 100acc, second hit 30bp 95acc, third hit 45bp 85acc, fourth hit 60bp 65acc
so you'd get 15bp 100% of the time, 45pb 95%, 90bp 80% and 150bp 52%
thoughts?
>>
>>32524377
>not reading the manga
Well fuck you too buddy.
>>
>>32522988
>Iron Blade
>It's Slash as a Steel-type move.
>Learned by Katarna, Hoenedge line, Chestnaught, all of the swords of justice, Golurk, Gallade, Lucario, Cubone line, and Farfetch'd

similarly:

>Ability: Flash Forge
>Converts normal type moves into Steel-type. Damage is boosted by 20%
>>
>>32522988
>Move
Acid Rain
>Type
Poison
>PP
5 (max 8)
When this move is used, it creates an acid rain weather effect for 5 turns (8 turns if used with the corresponding rock, maybe a Sludge Stone?)
Under the Acid Rain weather condition, Poison types gain a 1.5x Defense buff
Pokemon that aren't Poison, Steel or Bug type will take 1/16 of their HP in damage each turn (like Sandstorm)

I considered giving Poison types and additional STAB buff like in regular Rain but wasn't sure if that was too broken
Although Poison is already an awful offensive type, maybe it could use the extra help
I also considered whether or not Steel types should lose their immunity to Poison under Acid Rain but wasn't sure
>>
>>32527705
Whoops, someone else >>32523334 >>32525110 did an Acid Rain
Shit, lemme try again

>Move
Shady Terrain
>Type
Dark
>PP
10 (max 16)

Using this move creates a Shady Terrain that covers the battle field in smoke and darkness
Under the effects of Shady Terrain, Fighting type moves deal half damage and held items no longer have their effect but Pokemon holding items are still effected by Knock Off as normal
Using Nature Power results in the user doing Foul Play
Whatever Pokemon gets this move/autoset ability is Dark/Flying
>>
File: 1464463154560.jpg (72KB, 1280x772px) Image search: [Google]
1464463154560.jpg
72KB, 1280x772px
Tractor Beam
Psychic
10PP
Status
100% Accuracy

The target is trapped in a tractor beam. The target's speed and attack decreases by one stage, but the target gains the same effect as the Levitate ability. This can only be used once per target.

Ability: Cryptid Creature
The Pokemon is unusual and largely unknown. Due to this, critical hits are 25% less likely to occur.
>>
Static Slam
Electric, Physical
90 BP
100 Acc
24 Max PP
The user builds up static electricity before slamming into the foe. 10% chance to paralyze.
Made into a TM, with similar distribution to Body Slam
>>
Move: Afterburner

Type : Fire Physical

Power: 40

PP: 10

Description: Hits twice. Once with +1 priority and again at - 1 priority.
>>
>>32522988
Zero Gravity
Psychic
5 PP
Causes all non-flying/levitating pokemon to take on levitating properties. Reduces their evasion and accuracy by one stage each. Lifts the effects of Gravity if they are present.

Energize
Electric
130 BP / 90% Acc / 5 PP
The user drops a massive thunderbolt on the target (can select itself as the target). At the end of the turn, a target hit by this move has its Attack, Sp. Atk and Speed increased by 2 stages each after damage calculation (i.e. Pokemon immune to this move will receive the stat boost).

Geyser / Fell Timber
Basically Water/Grass versions of Future Sight

Short Circuit
Electric
100 BP / Can't Miss / 10 PP
The user charges itself with an electric current. If it is hit with or hits a target with a contact move the charge is passed to them. After 3 turns, the charge damages whatever pokemon it is attached to. If it is passed to a Ground-type, the move is nullified prematurely
>>
Moves:
Life Sword - Steel Type
Physical - Makes Contact
80 BP - 10 PP - 100%
- Recover half the damage dealt.
- Learned by Kartana and Escalviler.

Sakura Strom - Grass Type
Special
75 BP - 20 PP - 100%
- Always results in a critical hit.
- Learned by Cherrim and Lurantis.

Tornado - Flying Type
Special
??? BP - 5 PP - 40%
- Brings the target to one HP. Can never KO.
- Learned by flying type legendaries.

Muramasa - Dark Type
Physical - Makes Contact
120 BP - 10 PP - 100%
- Heavy recoil damage.
- Learned by Shiftry, Greninja, and Zoroark.

Abilities:
Wonder Scope
- Every move the pokemon uses has pursuit properties, bar double damage.
- Flygon has it.

Scourge
- Every move the pokemon uses has a 10% to OHKO the target.
- Banette and Decidueye has it.
>>
>>32522988
Move: Objectification
Type: Normal/Status
PP: 16
Desc.: The user is able to turn the opponent or itself into an object for 3 turns
Effect: When used on your opponent or self, the Pokemon's model is replaced with an "Object". Said object will block all direct attacks at the cost of being unable to do anything besides Switch or wait 3 turns.

Move: Deceiving Illusion
Type: Psychic/Status
PP: 8
Disc.: When used, the user fakes switching out. It will pretend that it switched to its partner.
Effect: The user shows the animation for switching out and will display the last member in your party. Essentially Illusion as a move.

Ability: Verbose
Effect: Attacking sound moves become multi-hit moves, but have their base power divided by 3
>>
>>32528565
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Telekinesis_(move)
>>
>>32523047
also give it to Cinccino plz ty
>>
move:Overdrive
type:electric/physical
PP:5
Info=A powerful surge of electricity melting it's way through other Pokemon on the field.
It also has a cool-down as well.
>>
Defrost
Ice type, status move.
Turns Ice-types into Water-types.

Icy Shield
Ice type, status move.
Identical to Spiky Shield, deals damage upon contact.

>>32523286
I like the overall idea, but what if it just forced the Pokemon to always go last? Or reduced their evasiveness instead? Since it's meant to represent the Pokemon becoming immobile.
>>
Ability:Onslaught
Effect: The users Pokemon's attack moves are now 15% faster
>>
Chilling charge
Power: 90
Accuracy: 100

The user creates an ice path and rushes at the target skying incredibly fast.
There's a 20% chance of flinching the target.

I just want to uncuck ice types, and give good coverage to pokemon who need it.
>>
>>32528845
if you want uncuck ice types don't give the really good ice moves to non-ice types bar certain exceptions (which is what i think you meant by the coverage bit)
ice is an excellent offensive type but with its best attacks being available to other types and no good thing on the defensive side they are put on the side
>>
>>32525297
trick room lasts 5 turns, all those pokemon were specifically chosen because they do NOT learn trick room
this leaves them with at best 3 turns of trick room to attack in after the boost and it's also very predictable
>>
>>32528772
>but what if it just forced the Pokemon to always go last
you know what, you're right

reducing priority by -2 would be better, as that priority bracket is currently unused and it prevents shenanigans with white herb and trick room

that said room for abuse would be relatively limited as most of the pokemon on the list aren't to good and things Golem-A and Forretress only get marginal use out of it
>>
Mind Control
Psychic
Accuracy: 70
Effect: You can decide what move the opponent will use next turn, more likely to fail the more you use it.
>>
Bee strike
The Bug type version of quick attack
Beedrill and Combee lines learn it
>>
>>32522988
>Ability: Momentum
Every turn this Pokemon lands the same move, it gains a linear +10% to all (base) stats.
Exclusive to a Grass/Rock line ("rolling stones gather a surprising amount of moss").

>Move: Lightning Rush
Physical Electric type
75 BP, 10 PP
+2 Priority
The Pokemon strikes with the speed of a lightning bolt. This attack almost always goes first.

>Ability: Abberant Shift
While on the field, all damaging moves switch between Physical and Special.
Devastates non-mixed sweepers, but exclusive to a Ultra Space-themed mon.
>>
>Move: Freeze Reflect
>Physical
>Power: ???
>Acc: ???
>PP: 10

I've got Kirby on the mind for this move, it seems pretty interesting. If the opponent uses a projectile move against the user (ball moves, bomb moves, and some others), the user freezes the attack and shoots it back at the opponent. The power and accuracy of Freeze Reflect depends on the attack used by the opponent.
>>
>>32522988
>Move: Psychic Wrath
>Type: Psychic
>Special
>PP 5
>BP 65
>Description: Uses your opponent's entry hazards against them in a telekinetic payback.
>Special: This attack's damage increases for each (+0.25) terrain hazard on the user's side of the field. Damage is also boosted (+0.25) if the user has taken damage from a terrain hazard on the same turn this is used. Clears terrain hazards.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.