[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Pokemon type weaknesses that don't make any sense..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: sun-and-moon-type-chart-2.jpg (217KB, 1160x571px) Image search: [Google]
sun-and-moon-type-chart-2.jpg
217KB, 1160x571px
ITT: Pokemon type weaknesses that don't make any sense..

Okay... things like Normal types weak against Fighting? yea...makes sense, Steel strong against Ice? yep I see it.. but what the shit is the reasoning of things like Dark weak against Fighting? and even more so Ghost weak against dark? Bug's weak against fairies? What are earth is the reasoning behind that? I mean bug types suck anyway, but I"m just saying...

What other type against type do you guys think is completely bogus?

What's the reasoning behind some of these??
>>
You keep sayin' bugs suck I'm gonna get angrier.

But Dark being weak against fighting and Ghost weak to dark makes some sense to me.

A typing thing I don't understand is how poison is weak to psychic.
>>
>>32520744
>>32520778
Dark/Evil type is underhanded techniques that are beaten by proper training (Fighting); Dark types aren't afraid of Ghosts.

Don't know the rationalization behind Fairy's resists.

Poison is weak to Psychic because of medical science/doctors.
>>
>>32520804
Fairies are above good and evil. It's simple as that.

What I don't understand is the fact that Psychic types aren't super effective against Electric types(electrical engineering).
>>
>>32521278
Take a current through the brain anon. That's why it isn't. Should be weak if anything.
>>
>>32520744
Weaknesses and resistances don't need to make sense. The game shouldn't be balanced around what makes sense and doesn't, it should be balanced around... well, making things balanced. Some types are more offensive than others or more defensive as things are right now but that tends to lock pokemon into a specific niche if they're a certain type and if they don't perform that niche well they get fucked.
>>
>>32521288
Injecting poison into the brain is just as effective.
>>
>>32521278
>What I don't understand is the fact that Psychic types aren't super effective against Electric types(electrical engineering).
Stretching...

>>32521314
Also a stretch.

You can't overthink this shit, otherwise you could pretty much rationalize every possible type matchup, weak or strong. Like "inject poison into brain."
>>
>>32521278
LOL I will grant you that just on the pure logic of it..psychic's good against electrical theory... you actually got an lol out of me for that...
>>
File: 300px-Corrosion_mechanism.png (59KB, 300x348px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Corrosion_mechanism.png
59KB, 300x348px
>>32520744
>What other type against type do you guys think is completely bogus?
Fairy immunity to Dragon.Unlike all other imunities it doesn't have a logical reason.

Steel immunity to Poison - Steel types are mechanical(magnemite,klang) or have protective metal coatings(durant,scizor)
Flying immunity to Ground - they're flying.
Ground imunity to Electric - grounding
Ghost vs Fighting/Normal - You can't hit ghosts
Normal vs Ghost - Normal people don't believe in ghosts
But Fairy gets a immunity with no logical reason.

P.S. I don't understand why Steel isn't weak to Electric.Corrosion is a electrochemical effect.
>>
>>32524826
>But Fairy gets a immunity with no logical reason.

"In fairytales knights in shiny armour defeat dragons."

That's the only reason I've heard, but wouldn't that make steel Pokemon strong vs Dragon Pokemon?
>>
Have you ever tried to punch a bug?

But really, Fighting being resisted by Poison and Bug types makes sense because who the fuck want to touch those?
>>
File: animals-blue-poison-frog-slide1.jpg (320KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
animals-blue-poison-frog-slide1.jpg
320KB, 640x480px
>>32520744
Poison is WAY too weak

>1 gram of poison frog poison can kill over 10 000 people yet poison isn't strong vs normal Pokemon
> spiders hunt birds using their poison and smoke kills birds in mid air yet flying types aren't weak to poison
> oil spills kill millions of fish every spill yet water isn't weak to poison
> acid (which is a poison move) dissolves rocks and steel yet rock isn't weak to poison and steel is IMMUNE to poison

Poison needs to be buffed.
>>
>>32525726

I dunno about the others, but I agree that poison should be good against water. Maybe super effective against, but no resistance.
>>
>>32525658
Fairy is only super effective on dragons because of MUH META.
Quite ironic, considering fairies are known for being tricksters and out right evil. (For fuck sake, they're super effective on the dark (evil) type)
>>
>>32525766
They're above good and evil, that's why.

>>32523162
Well then, having Psychic be super effective against Steel would make more sense to you.
>>
>>32525726
>>32525733
Poison should be SE against Water and NVE against Ice.
>>
>>32527091
>ice getting any resistances
ice has needed a grass, ground, water, flying, and dragon by now but only resists itself which steel does much better
>>
>>32526050
>Well then, having Psychic be super effective against Steel would make more sense to you.
Stretch.
>>
>>32520744

Dark being weak to Fighting makes sense because if you look at Dark's moves, you'll notice that most of them are dirty/underhanded techniques.

While the Fighting type is about martial arts i.e. clean, "fair" fighting.

It's good guys triumphing over bad guys.
>>
>>32524826
Corrosion only happens due to chemical reactions from oxygen or oxygen-compounds. Electricity by itself doesn't cause corrosion. Acid should hit Steel for SE.
>>
>>32520744
>Dark weak to Fighting
Skilled fighters always beats "cheaters"
>Ghost weak to Dark
Evil corrupting the soul
>Fairy resists Bug
Bugs aren't magical
>>
>inbefore somebody brings up Ice/Water/Fire
>>
File: air_components_graph.gif (10KB, 325x215px) Image search: [Google]
air_components_graph.gif
10KB, 325x215px
>>32528427
>Electricity by itself doesn't cause corrosion
And water by itself isn't a good conductor.

Oxygen is everywhere on earth,so,unless the battle happens in space electric type moves should SE.
>>
>>32520744
>Steel strong against Ice
zero sense, most metals are actually more fragile in extreme cold
>>
>>32528873
>What are pick axes?
>What is ice sculpturing?
>>
>>32527315
Only types that ice should resist is normal, water and ground. All three types are valuable to resist.

Ice should NOT resist grass, in fact, it should be weak to it, as it's just frozen water. I think it'll create a cool two types being super effective against each other in a way.
>>
>>32528672
But Water-type pokemon aren't actually made of water, but rather aquatic creatures so it makes sense they get BTFO by electricity.

Also do you realise that passing a current through steel doesn't cause corrosion to occur noticeably quicker? Oxygen causes corrosion. Electricity speeds that process up by a negligible percentage. The reason we don't use steel conductors save as a reinforcing core for high-voltage wiring is that it's actually a shit conductor (for a metal), not that it'll get corroded by the current.
>>
>>32528980
Like Poison and Bug back in the day?
>>
Any type that describes a "creature" (dragon/ghost/bug/fairy/and arguably psychic) is completely undebatable as they don't really exist and Gamefreak can just make up whatever they please. These types should be used to balance the game rather than try and have some logic.

Types based off of "elements" (fire/rock/water/grass) should at least try to make sense as they can kind of reflect real life and avoid shattering the suspension of disbelief
>>
>>32520744
>water is weak against electric cause 'muh conduction'
>steel doesn't get the same weakness
also, bug should be SE against normal, normal people usually hate bugs
>>
>>32528873
and ice is more fragile in extreme metal

checkmate
>>
>>32520744
>Bug's weak against fairies?
Well, think about it. If fairies actually existed instead of being fantasy creatures they would likely subjugate bugs as humans have done with animals.
>>
>>32529116
>water is weak against electric cause 'muh conduction'
>steel doesn't get the same weakness
See >>32529015
>>
>>32520744
>Dark weak against Fighting?
Heroes tend to punch evil-doers a lot?
>Ghost weak against dark
Necromancers, etc
>Bug's weak against fairies
Go watch Fern Gully
>>32520778
>poison is weak to psychic
Spiritual healers
>>32524826
>Fairy immunity to Dragon
Both are fantasy creatures. One is outwardly powerful, the other uses magic to counter it. Seems fine to me.
>>32525724
Karate Kid reference. The ultimate test of a fighter is trying to catch a fly.
>>32525726
>Poison is WAY too weak
Yes, it is.
>>32526050
>Psychic be super effective against Steel
This makes way too much sense considering the original poster child for psychic types is a fucking spoon bender.
>>
>>32529323
Maybe the spoons were made of plastic.
>>
>>32529149
>aquatic creatures so it make sense they get BTFO by electricity
normal animals too, but normal isn't weak against electric; and following that logic I could say not all the steel types are pure steel but another metals, being better conductors than steel itself, like bronzong
>>
>>32525726
Fucking this, poison buff when?
>>
>>32529406
Water lowers your skin's natural resistivity so smaller currents are able to harm you more. Steel pokemon are made of metal and metals aren't harmed by electricity.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.