[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think this is as fair as a ranking can possibly be, with most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: 1468008949111.png (720KB, 1018x856px)
1468008949111.png
720KB, 1018x856px
I think this is as fair as a ranking can possibly be, with most of the board agreeing with at least most of it.

I'll just instantly address the only two that will really be controversial.

ORAS and SM were both hugely disappointing, but not objectively (but really subjectically) bad like XY. Alternatively, SM was fine, but not the best thing ever. It's issues are too hard to ignore compared to the games above it.

If someone put a gun to my head I'd say ORAS is technically better than SM but I liked SM a lot more. Like, SM is where it is because it was I liked it, ORAS is there because it's competently made.

Everything in the first two tiers is correct so dont bother addressing that at all
>>
File: rank.png (1MB, 1298x1490px) Image search: [Google]
rank.png
1MB, 1298x1490px
>>
>>32519028
This is also acceptable, though I'd switch BW and XY
>>
>>32519021
I don't like that blank F existing but overall I agree
>>
File: IMG_9554.png (1MB, 1209x1060px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9554.png
1MB, 1209x1060px
>>32519028
Not only are you missing games. But the ranking is objectively wrong, please stop
>>
>>32519021
›BW that high
›Ruby and Zafire almost at the bottom
Are you ok anon?
>>
>>32519054
>missing games
Games that are rendered obsolete either by remakes or definitive third versions have no reason to be featured on the list.
>>
>>32519021
>top 4 is HGSS, Platinum, B2W2, and Emerald
is this the only thing /vp/ generally agrees on?
>>
>>32519083
/vp/ is the hive minded contrarian board, so yes
>>
>>32519041
I dont think anything is a complete F except maybe XY
>>
>>32519021
I still don't understand why BW2 is praised so highly. I thought BW had a better main game, only thing BW2 has going for it is the world tournament.
>>
>>32519083
HGSS and Platinum should definitely be swapped.
Emerald is not as good as Platinum/HGSS/BW.
Crystal should also be lower, it doesn't improve enough from Gold and Silver, it should stay in the same tier as those.
ORAS should be lower - it's still better than R/S and Yellow, but worse than Sun/Moon and FRLG, imagine a "B-" tier.
The rest is fine.
>>
>>32519083
no even close anon
>>
>>32519100
This was meant for OP
>>
>>32519021
Agree? No. Never.
>>
>>32519072
Weak excuse. The original Red and Blue are on there even though Yellow and its remakes are on there. Just admit that you screwed up.
>>
>>32519063
Normies can't green text
>>
>>32519063
>Zafire
>Whatever a › is
Are you ok anon?
>>
>>32519072
Where the fuck is ORAS?
>>
>>32519115
it because im phoneposting faggot
>>
I enjoyed Xy though. Way more than I enjoyed RS or even yellow. I'd put it in B on my own list IMO.
>>
>>32519063
Hoennbabies everyone
>>
>>32519089
>hive mind and contrarian
buzz word city

>>32519100
OP here. Crystal improved on GS in many small ways. A lot of the series conventions started with Crystal. We'll agree to disagree on HGSS and Platinum
>>
>>32519110
>The original Red and Blue are on there
They aren't though, only FR/LG are on my list.
>>
>>32519142
>Crystal improved on GS in many small ways
Maybe if you're Japanese, the western Crystal version is pretty much identical aside from the Battle Tower and Eusine sidequest.
>>
>>32519098
>only thing BW2 has going for it is the world tournament
They also have the Black Tower/White Treehollow, the medal system, the Join Avenue, difficulty settings, Pokéstar Studios, and the most expansive list of postgame rematches against powerful trainers yet, among other, smaller features.

Postgame makes or breaks Pokémon my friend. The story aspect is worthless, especially since the writing in Pokémon is so poor, but even if it was good it would still be a waste of time.
>>
>>32519183
>difficulty settings
Difficulty settings are rendered pointless if you have to complete the fucking game to get it.
>>
>>32519177
gender choices, aesthetic changes, location names that come up when you enter a new location too. Those seem minor but they were important to me
>>
>>32519183
>medals
(You)
>>
File: Best to worst top to bottom.png (266KB, 561x1166px) Image search: [Google]
Best to worst top to bottom.png
266KB, 561x1166px
>>
>>32519021
I'd move down HGSS to A tier

And I'd switch XY with ORAS
>>
>>32519021
This is actually really good OP. Switch DP with ORAS and we'd agree totally.
>>
I think that BW1 are severely underrated. Not as good as BW2, but I wouldn't rank BW1 much farther than one rank under BW2, at the most.
>>
>>32519021
I mean, it's a decent list but I will never understand why this board overrates Emerald so much. Battle Frontier alone does not make Emerald superior to ORAS, especially since because of the Gen III breeding mechanics you will most likely never have a team of pentaperfect Pokemon and thus you're always going to be handicapped when playing the Frontier. I could bet on my life that most people who have extensively played Emerald Battle Frontier have done so using emulators and cheat codes to get perfect competitive teams, and being forced to choose between third party devices and being handicapped all the time is a sign of awful game design and really hurts Emerald's score.

Now if we further compare Emerald to ORAS, the latter has physical/special split (undeniably one of the most important additions in the series, the lack of which really hinders older games), Dexnav, soaring, Delta Episode, new major NPCs, superior Wally, Mauville Food Court, more options for Secret Bases, QR codes for sharing your bases, more explorable areas (Mirage Islands, updated Scorched Slab, Secret Base islands) and of course proper breeding and EV training mechanics that actually allow you to challenge the local Battle Facility without having to cheat. Like, I honestly don't see any reason to put Emerald above ORAS besides nostalgia and blatant contrarianism.
>>
>If I make enough threads the butthurt will away!

gg
>>
>>32519275
>>32519288
Both of these are acceptable. Glad you mostly agree.

>>32519420
Emerald has:
higher framerate
better gym leaders
rematches
far superior layout of trainers in the overworld
debatably better graphics (ORAS is at the very least in a lower tier when it comes to the 3D regions)
better story (but ORAS has better characters for the most part)
lower loading times
better music
it's more challenging (no i didnt play emerald as a kid, i played it for the first time right before playing ORAS)

This is all my opinion of course, but for me, the lack of a Frontier is the least of the game's problems

>>32519440
The last time I posted this was before SM came out.
>>
>>32519021
As someone who likes seeing the goods in the bad and the bads in the good, this is fairly accurate.
>>
>>32519021
You talk about objectivity, but Platinum and HGSS are above D tier. I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about, frankly.
>>
Ok HG & SS
>Slowest leveling rate of all Pokémon games
>All Kanto is is 8 extra filler gyms
>Only a select few Pokémon are strong enough to be viable throughout the whole game
>Grinding can take hours
>"but hey guys at least you can wal with your pokémon"
>>
>>32519676
The only time I mention objectivity, I put the word subjective literally right next to it. But dont worry, the thread allows for a few people that have shit taste
>>
>>32519255
This taste honestly confuses me but goddamn do the RSE models look good.
>>
>>32519360
I agree
>>
XY was way better than ORAS
>>
>>32520024
lol
>>
>>32520024
Explain
>>
>>32520046
>>32520146
Not him, but I did like friend safari more than secret bases.
>>
>>32520160
Friend safari is one of the only things I think XY did right aside from having a really accessible main game. However, I also think secret bases are one of the best things they've introduced in the series especially with Blissey base grinding. That's just way too good as well.
>>
>>32520160
>>32520160
Friend Safari being exclusively based on others is a mistake. I'm hesitant of pretty much any feature in pokemon that cant exist without connecting with several people
>>
I mostly agree with this list OP, but I don't think Yellow is THAT much better than Red and Blue

Also I would maybe move SM down a tier but that's probably just because I'm sick of them
>>
>>32520503
Honestly if anything were to change in the list it would be SM, they are floating between B- and C+ right now.
>>
XY wasn't objectively bad though either.
>>
>>32519021
Holy shit. I never agreed with a single image so hard. This is basically a perfect reflection of my feelings.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.