[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I start: Eevee evolves into Espeon with Sun Stone, Umbreon with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 3

File: evolution-stones.png (494KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
evolution-stones.png
494KB, 700x400px
I start:

Eevee evolves into Espeon with Sun Stone, Umbreon with Moon Stone, Leafeon with Leaf Stone, Glaceon with Ice Stone and Sylveon with Shiny Stone.
>>
inb4 someone posts their least favourite gen
>>
gen 5
>>
gen 4
>>
I'd retcon many things. Too many things to post them all and not look like an autist in the process.

Trade evos are the thing I want to retcon the most. Make them level up or stone based.
>>
>>32515979
Evolutionary methods is definitely a huge point for me. There's almost no variety in the way Pokémon evolve which is boring and lazy as fucking hell. And every time they introduce a new evolutionary method, they only use it for like one or two Pokémon. I don't get why they're so fucking afraid of retconning these things when it would make the games more varied.
>>
Cross gen evos after gen 2 and all baby Pokemon, for starters.

I honestly wouldn't care too much if gens 4-6 vanished from the record books tomorrow, but that's entirely opinion-based and I wouldn't want to be the one to delet somebody's bromon.
>>
>>32515987
Especially considering they didn't hesitate to retcon other stuff. Types, abilities (Gengar), stats.
>>
The crown of shiny Slowking should be gold as shiny Shellder, like it is in Slowbro's case.
>>
>>32515937
The entire Ribbon system. Ribbons should be treated as mementos of the memories you have with your Pokémon, not some arbitrary collector thing where they can't fucking decide if they even want to keep the concept or not.

Pokéathlon Ribbons, Battle Frontier Ribbons, PWT Ribbons, Black Tower Ribbon, White Treehollow Ribbon and so on. A Ribbon for every accomplishment you can have with a Pokémon or team.

Which brings me to another point. Keep the fucking features instead of throwing them away. The Musical in BW/BW2 could've been a Contest, Super Training in XY/ORAS could have been 3D Pokéathlon, Hyper Training in SM as well. Inverse Battles could've been a real battle facility with rules, streaks and bosses, like the Maison but better.

God why is Pokémon so fucking disappointing.
>>
>>32515992
Found the genwunner.
>>
>>32515987
>>32515979
>>32515998

I agree. I don't why once they established an evolutionary method (with the expection of Feebas) they can't even think to change it.

Some Pokémon for instance, evolve way too late.
>>
>>32515992
Fag.
>>
>>32515987
I can tolerate any evo method that can be done entirely with the tools the game provides without any external. Trade evos trigger an extreme lazyness within me.

Even though I have a friend I could bother any time I need to evolve a trademon, the mere fact I need external help to get some mon I like is stupid.

There are a thousand different things you could do with just a couple evo mechanics. So many fucking trades and to date we still don't even have a single friendship evo dependant on gender, and that's just to put an example
>>
File: eevees.png (64KB, 1580x340px) Image search: [Google]
eevees.png
64KB, 1580x340px
>>32515937
what about dawn and dusk?
>>
I'm still bitter they didn't retcon Happiny, Chansey and Blissey as Normal/Fairy types.

Anyway, my biggest wish youl be finding a way to make Luvdisc evolve into Alomomola and Dunsparce into Drampa.
>>
Get rid of item trade evos. Alternatively, though not a retcon, introduce an option in GTS to only trade for Pokémon holding a certain item.
>>
File: laingrin2.png (487KB, 664x617px) Image search: [Google]
laingrin2.png
487KB, 664x617px
>>32516067
have them also produce espeon and umbreon respectively
>>
>>32516067
Well, we don't have to have an Eevolution for each stone.
But i could see a Ghost Eevolution with Dusk Stone.

Dawn Stone (Awakening Stone in original) works a bit differently than the other stones, since literally awakens a "secret sleeping" evolution for known Pokémon
>>
>>32516067
Future Flying type and Ghost Type evolutions of eevee.
>>
>>32515999
>The only way a shiny Slowpoke can evolve is by finding a shiny Shellder
suffering
>>
>>32516072

Level up Luvdisc as it carries a Heart Scale to evolve it into Alomomola.

Level up Dunsparce into a special dragon location (Example "Dragon Peak") in order to evolve it into a Drampa / Level Up Dunsparce as it carries a Dragon Scale in order to evolve it into a Drampa.
>>
>>32516090
Then why not, the Dawn Stone evolves the Eevee into its normal type evolution.
>>
>>32516110
Also it would be cool if Slowpoke evolution would work as Mantyke's.

Evolves into Slowbro at a certain level if Shellder is in the party, and evolves into Slowking reaching the same level while holding King's Rock and if Shellder is in the party.
>>
>>32516116

Dunsparce and Drampa look nothing alike besides color scheme
>>
>>32516116

That's cool. If both evolve with a scale they could kinda be counterparts.
>>
>>32516131
>and being Normal type
>and being serpentine
> and having white feathers
> and being "blind"
>and looking like oldies
>>
>>32515937
They should retcon Tauros and Miltank as the male and female version of the same species.
>>
>>32516158
In my opinion Dunsparce needs another form in order to evolve to drampa. I don't know, something like "Dunsverna" with the sperpentine and feathery features expanded and then evolving into the good ol drampa.
>>
>>32516136
Right, maybe version exclusives
>>
>>32516166
Nah, but they should with Volbeat/Illumise, Plusle/Minun and Latias/Latios.
>>
>>32515937
One great thing they should retcon is the bond between Kangaskhan and Cubone.

Maybe they can create a regional variant in a future region with the "Regional" Cubone without the skull on its head that evolves into a Ground or Normal/Ground Kangaskhan, maybe even adding the male counterpart.
>>
>>32516190
Isn't that implied already?
>>
>>32516190
>Plusle/Minun
>>
>>32516158

I guess you believe Farfetch'd should evolve into Doduo

>both are Normal/Flying
>both are birds
>both have brown and tan feathers
>both next to each other in the dex
>Farfetch'd starts out with one head, which progresses into 2 heads and then 3 heads
>>
People who want to retcon things.
>>
>>32516190

Volbeat and Illumise and Latis are already gender counterparts.
>>
>>32516166
They should do this with Nidoran, make it one slot Pokémon
>>
>>32516210
This.

Fuck this thread.
>>
Make all first stage starter Pokemon babies.
>>
>>32516206
In my sticks album it was said Farfetch'd evolved into Doduo. was a shock to discover they were not related at all.

Btw Farfetch'd had a very unique design that Doduo lacks. It's not the same case with Dunsparce and Drampa.
>>
>>32516219

That would change the dex number of every Pokemon by 1, which would be bad for merchandising.
>>
>>32516227
Why?
>>
>>32516231
Because they look like babies
>>
>>32516245
So does your dick.
>>
>>32516251
I don't have a penis
>>
>>32516245

>making breeding harder

Fuck off
>>
>>32516206
>Farfetch'd carries a "V" shape on it's forehead. So does Dodrio. Then yes, they could retcon this too.
>>
>>32516302

You're absolutely retarded.
>>
>>32516158
You are actually retarded, and autistic.

This thread is fucking abhorrent OP.

Just a circlejerk for your autistic nitpicking.
>>
>>32516230
What merchanidising? I don't recall any products outside the games that prominently display national dex numbers, and normie players won't even notice the change because every new game uses regional dex numbers by default.
>>
>>32516024
>likes Gens 1-3
>genwunner
People who whine about genwunners are worse than genwunners.
>>
>>32516263
pics or it didn't happen. Please marry me.
>>
>>32515937
Rework Carnivine's stats to become an alt evo of Weepinbell, like Bellossom is to Gloom.
>>
>>32516342

Lots of Pokemon merchandise has the Pokemon's dex number on the tags/box. Dex numbers are a part of a Pokemon's "ID" along with it's name.
>>
>>32516206
Some anons have said their games were glitched and Farfetch'd DID evolve into Doduo.
>>
>>32516343

All genwunners normies I know are ok with Gen 2 and 3 because they were still kids when they came out.
>>
>>32516093
No.

I even though The types of themselves aren't classed as physical or special anymore, it's not hard to imagine that Fairy would've been classed as a special type.

I'd like to see a Dragon Eeveelution to close them out and then a new Pokemon who evolves into the types once classified as physical.
>>
>>32516381
Autism
>>
>>32516375
Gen 2 I'll give you, but one of the genwunner trademarks are claims that Gen 3 ruined the series.
>>
>>32516060

Also so many Pokemon locked out if you try playing previous gens with no wifi support anymore and no one local to trade with. Great, Gamefreak, really wanted to use Escavalier replaying BW but I guess not.

Hate trade evos.
>>
>>32516196
>>32516199
>>32516211
>of the same species
I'm not talking just gender counterparts, I'm talking making them the same species with gender differences. Same PokéDex number.
>>
>>32516343
>Only likes generations with Kanto in them, and Alola which is the biggest Kanto pandering shitfest we've ever had
>>
>>32516381
How retarded
>>
>>32516415
This is the biggest problem. Relying on servers to make one of your most important game mechanics work will always, always prevent your game from being future-proof.
>>
>>32516381
Ghost being classified as physical was always complete bullshit.
>>
>>32516410
This;

>Hardcore Genwunners
-Only remember there being 150, no exceptions

>Typical Genwunners
-Really liked Pokémon up until the movie, maybe beyond
-Accept Mew as part of the original 151
-usually more accepting of Gen 2 because of their early presence in the anime, and the fact that they're made up of Gen 1 concepts

>Hoennbabbies
-Quit after Gen 3 because they were reaching the "I'm too old for this" phase
-Alternatively were only able to start playing at Gen 3
-Often despise Johto and Sinnoh for being non-compatible on their GBA systems
-Likely didn't get a DS for Gen 4, Gen 3 was a very long Gen causing Hoennbabbies to lose interest

Those are the biggest cancerous parts of the fanbase.

The only good members of the fanbase are the people who bought a game, be it Red or Pearl, and stuck through the franchise enjoying it all and thus earning the title of an actual Pokémon Fan.
>>
>>32516438
>implying Gen 4 didn't have the best version of Kanto yet
>implying Gen 6 wasn't chock-full of Kanto pandering
>>
>>32516390
>>32516445
You guys are the retards, that's actually a good idea.
Though I'd personally prefer to keep Eevee as the Pokemon capable of evolving into every Type.
>>
>>32516491
No it isn't at all.

You want Eevee to play catch-up and get more evolution to match a Special Typing system that hasn't existed in a fucking decade.

Even after Fairy Type got introduced less than 4 years ago with a new Eeveelution which should have been the nail in the coffin for this stupid idea.

>b-but Fairy w-would have been speci-

No, shut the fuck up. Ghost type wasn't special.

The Physical/Special split was one of the best things to ever happen to Pokémon. I have no idea why you would ever want, or expect Game Freak, to cater to such a stupid fucking pattern that hasn't been relevant for over half of the franchises entire lifespan.
>>
>>32516432
Plusle and Minun both have a 50/50 gender ratio, making them gender-dependant would be killing off half of each.
>>
>>32516453
This. Specially considering the only ghost types back there were ethereal little shits and were given a huge special attack.
Instead gf made dark special and proceeded to make every new dark mon a physical attacker (with the exception of houndoom).
>>
fucking mega mon
ho god i hate this shit so much, it's so stupid
>>
>>32516542
You mean all megas or were you talking about mega-kanga?
>>
>>32516514
>or expect Game Freak

Anon...
>>
>>32516531
>Implying eugenics is wrong.
>>
levitate being an ability and not an "hidden" state for certain pokemon (ghost, etc.)
also, why the fuck doduo, which can't fly, can dodge fucking earth type move
>>
>>32516548
all mega
(but mega kango more than the others desu)
>>
I want a canonnic answer about this question : can Gyarados fly?
>>
>>32516578
Short answer: no

Long answer: i-it can bounce very high and far
>>
>>32516599
thanks you, john game-freak
>>
>>32516125
Party:
1 shiny slowpoke
1 shiny shellder
1 mantyke
1 remoraid
1 nincada + empty slot
What happens if you evolve them all at the same time?
>>
>>32516229
I must have had that same album. Trying to evolve my Farfetchd was a disappointing experience.
>>
>>32515937
How about we take the actual idea of what is supposed to happen and actually make it happen? When Eevee is on certain maps, it will evolve to the corresponding Eeveelution. What about Espeon, Umbreon, and Sylveon? Espeon evolves in an urban environment or a suitably sacred one. Umbreon still evolves at night or in caves and other dark places. Sylveon.....bugger, I've got nothing.
>>
>>32516637
Remoraid isn't consumed in the evolution process, but shellder probably would (which I assume is the reason they never did it, but still would be rad as fuck).

Final party would look like:
1 slowbro
1 mantine
1 octillery
1 ninjask
1 shedinja

You'd still have 5 mons
>>
>>32515937

>Shiny Stone for Sylveon

I would not use the Shiny stone unless there was a counterpart for the Dusk Stone.

Perhaps Dawn Stone then, since that one is a "special single alt.evo"-stone? Not completely sure though, due to Dawn stones current 2 uses both involving a gender requirement as well. (although I wouldn't consider it odd if only 12.5%-rare female Eevees could evolve into Sylveon desu)

Or just add a Fairy-themed stone.

Also, what about Shiny/Dusk stones as Umbreon/Espeons triggers rather than Sun/Moon? I know Espeon has some flavor related to the sun, but I feel like a more plain "light"-stone would fit it better..

But speaking of Gen4-stones... add that to your list of things to fix. Their damn names are wrong.
The Shiny and Dusk stones are clearly light/darkness opposites in the same manner as Sun and Moon stones, while Dawn stone is completely unrelated to them, yet the names as they are imply that Dawn and Dusk are counterparts..

it's fine in japanese though, where the Shiny stone is literally Light stone, and the Dusk stone is Darkness stone, while the Dawn stone is called Awakening stone, since it awakes an aspect of the pokemon that is the opposite of what it's normal evolution is like.
>>
>>32516637

Slowpoke evolves into Slowbro
Mantyke evolves into Mantine
Nincada evolves into Ninjask and Shedinja is added to the party

What's so hard to figure out about that?
>>
Also, Nidoran is now one pokemon and evolves by gender differences to either Nidorino or Nidorina. FIX THE BLOODY BREEDING PROBLEM WHILE I'M AT IT. As a consequence, Volbeat/Illumise and the Latis must share a page each as well.

Numbers? Fuck numbers. Nobody cares.

Get rid of all the pointless evo items from gen 4 and the incenses as well. Baby pokemon now hatch by default in all instances of breeding. Find a better evo method for the added evos.
>>
Take all of the shit like Reaper Cloth and condense them into less items.
>>
It's not just gen 4, though. There are other instances of junk that's only used for one evo. Either have it apply to multiple pokemon or into the trash it goes
>>
>>32515992
>He'd wipe platinum, HGSS, & BW2
I can understand six since it didn't redeem itself with a good game, but come on anon
>>
>>32515992
>I honestly wouldn't care too much if gens 4-6 vanished from the record books tomorrow
People like this actually exist.

There is no doubt in my fucking mind that you're a hoennbabbie that quit after Emerald, and only rejoined the franchise with OR/AS.
>>
>>32515937
Ultra Beasts can only be caught with Beast Balls. Beast Balls can't work on regular Pokemon. Necrozma and Nebby are the only exceptions that can be caught with any ball.
>>
>>32516693
>I would not use the Shiny stone unless there was a counterpart for the Dusk Stone.
Why? Dusk Stone is the counterpart to Dawn Stone.
>>
>>32515937
Arceus.

I don't mind deities and various gods being present each gen bit Arceus isn't just a god...

It's THE God

How the fuck can any other legendary compare to that? it's existence instantly devalues any other legendary. No other could ever possibly be seen as even near as important.

If you're gonna do God, it should be like the very last Pokémon in the very last game with all its stats at like 500 or something.
>>
>>32516560
Doduo can fly
>>
>>32516514
>>32516514
It's just a fun reference to the series' past. You're really assblasted over something so meaningless.
>>
>>32516229
>>32516656
My brothers
>>
>>32516734
>Numbers? Fuck numbers. Nobody cares.
This. People always bring up the dex order argument but it's just a matter of moving the mons around in the national dex so that the handful whose canon dex number is significant (which ones even? archeops because muh 567? that's it? is not like spiritomb was ever the #108 pokemon or anything) stay under that number.

Gamefreak could take the opportunity to give the species names an actual significance, by making it so that two mons with different names still count as a single species and thus share a single dex number. Nidoking and nidoqueen could become the poison drill species, sharing a single dex spot under that, volbeat and illumise could share the firefly species, latios and latias as the eon species, and so on.

This would mean that unrelated pokemon would no longer be able to share their species name (either glaceon or vanillite would have to lose the "fresh snow" title) and that miltank and tauros would either have to evolve from a common prevo or share species, but its still the simplest solution.
>>
>>32516980
Maximum base stat values can only reach 255 and never 500, but I would still like if arceus was an actual OP endgame monster with 255 in everything (or something a little more elegant, 200 in every stat, which is still insane).

While I don't mind it was introduced in a random gen and not the actual last gen gamefreak ever released, I think it'd be a nice touch if no matter what, arceus always figured as the last mon in national dex order.
>>
>>32516734
>>32517023
Sorry, but you're wrong. While I can see that work for just about any other Pokemon, I can't for Nidoran. Even Pokemon like Archeops could be moved on the list to keep the joke going. But every casual knows there are 150 Pokemon in the original generation, 151 with the elusive Mew. No one would care if they changed the dex numbers on posterior Pokemon, but Gamefreak will never ever touch the original 151. It's too iconic a number.
>>
>>32517023
The thing about it is the Alola dex has made this entirely possible. Sadly, they didn't make a version of it for anything not in the Alola dex. Yes, I know it still uses the numbers but still the numbers ultimately don't matter because the groupings take precedence.
>>
>>32517104
Then the fandom needs to stfu too. It doesn't matter if the numbers are there. You still know them as that. They are still first gen mons without anything to label them as such. There are still 151 of them. Why do I need a number to tell me that? Why do I need ANYTHING to tell me that? Because you're buggers that don't want change? Sorry, I will always favor change over people who want to remain in the past. I suck at business? I know plenty that have progressed by leaving the past behind. I know I'm not going to get it out of old Japanese fuddy duddies, but that does not change my opinion on the matter. This franchise has needed progress forever. I say if they can't give it to us, then we make it.
>>
>>32515937
PERMANENT PERFECT ZYGARDE WITH AURA BREAK
>>
>>32517104
>fans sperg out about muh original 151, get called genwunners
>fans try to fix up the dex inconsistencies, "s-sorry, the 151 original were too iconic, they cannot be moved"
I don't get you anon, is not really that important a mark and it isn't even hard to patch up in a way (almost) no one would complain about. If the nidos counted as 3 pokemon species instead of 6, this moves the national dex numbers back by 3, meaning mew would end gen I on #148, not on #151.

One way out of this would be to pick 3 mons out of gen 2 that evolve from/into mons from gen 1 and put them there so that mew goes back to 151. Because if apparently only gen 1's dex counter is iconic and important, then fucking up gen 2's a little is a fair sacrifice.

Put kingdra after seadra, crobat after golbat and blissey after chansey and you got your 151 back, with mons equally iconic patching it up and nobody noticing the difference (I pick these 3 and not, say, steelix, scizor or any babymon because unlike crobat, kingdra and blissey, who are entirely possible by gen 1's standards and mechanics, the others are steel types or babies, both gen 2 native). As far as I'm concerned even, kingdra was supposedly created during gen 1 days but put out for gen 2, so is not entirely missplaced.

In any case, the nidos being 6 different mons is just a byproduct of the technology or direction at the time as there was no gender system, and having same-species gender differences in current days has made the nido's way age badly in comparison.

Sadly, I do agree with you that gamefreak would never touch the "original" 151 because they're a team afraid to death of retconning what in their alien minds constitutes "a staple". Although do consider, they have no trouble retconning normal types into fairies, getting rid of gems to add flashy crystals a gen later, or giving gengar, AN ICONIC GEN I MON, a different ability after a decade.
>>
On that, I've never done a proper analysis of what the number would be if we did add all the additions to the evo lines to the first gens.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.