[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Sun and Moon didn't have an Alolan Oddish that evolved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: alolan oddish.png (132KB, 810x300px) Image search: [Google]
alolan oddish.png
132KB, 810x300px
>Sun and Moon didn't have an Alolan Oddish that evolved into a cuter Grass/Fairy Bellossom by default

Half a year later and I'm still disappointed, I know alolan forms were gen 1 only but this should have been an exception.
>>
There were many disappointments involving alolan formes/pokemon
>>
File: all ready one.jpg (118KB, 566x453px) Image search: [Google]
all ready one.jpg
118KB, 566x453px
>>32514110
No Tropius
>>
>>32514147
I'm surprised they did so much with hawaii theme but left out the most tropical and Hawaiian looking Pokemon.
>>
File: 1493526397802.jpg (26KB, 369x369px) Image search: [Google]
1493526397802.jpg
26KB, 369x369px
>>32514110
Hopefully they did not introduce all of the Alolan in sm, like they only introduced half of the megas.
>Tfw only 63 new pokemon, not counting legendaries, and only 18 alolan form.
>>
Only if I also get a non-Poison Vileplume.
>>
>>32514220
>want a defensively worse vileplume
>>
>>32514110
That'd have been pretty neat in theory, tbqh.
>>
File: 1485022201183.jpg (66KB, 892x528px) Image search: [Google]
1485022201183.jpg
66KB, 892x528px
>solrock and lunatone are only available through bank
>you cannot catch the sun and moon pokemon in pokemon sun and moon
>>
>>32514284
Sorry I wasn't thinking, I meant I want a non-Grass one so I can use it and Breloom on the same team without getting irrationally angry at repeating types
>>
File: 229.png (917KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
229.png
917KB, 1280x738px
What? Did you expect Sun and Moon to be good? To be creative? To not be a rushed out piece of shit? When everything in Gen 6 was? The Switch to 3D fucking killed quality control in Gamefreak for TWO generations as they desperately seek "better graphics" over better quality content because all the casual audience cares about is graphics.

Why put in effort in a region when you don't have to? Why not make sure you can always fucking get a Zubat, Magikarp, Riolu and Tentacool?
>>
>>32514305
>To not be rushed out piece of shit.
THEY HAD THREE YEARS REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>32514305
>using Hawaiian Stereotype: The Pokemon in the Hawaii region is creative

Shut the fuck up Emu, every "dude Hawaii lmao" Pokemon in SM was a mistake and goes to show how uncreative GF was and how much of hacks Ohmori and Ohmura are

>>32514324
Reminder XY and SM had the longest dev times in the series barring the development hell RG
>>
>>32514324
You fail to understand just how incompetent the Gamefreak staff is. This was a studio that built it's legacy on reusing assets. On selling the same game two, three even FOUR times in a single generation. Who were suddenly told "You gotta rebuild ALL your assets that you've been reusing for 3 generations now along with making new ones"
>>
File: Serrian Bellsprout line.png (586KB, 1800x900px) Image search: [Google]
Serrian Bellsprout line.png
586KB, 1800x900px
>>32514110
Fanmade regional formes thread?

Here's my Bellsprout line. Because the noxious fumes from the local swamps inhibit its ability to lure prey, it adapted to develop bioluminesence and hypnotic patterns. They're all Grass/Psychic and have the hidden ability Flytrap which is basically Sap Sipper but for Bug moves.
>>
>>32514338
>Who were suddenly told "You gotta rebuild ALL your assets that you've been reusing for 3 generations now along with making new ones"
That was just XY, though. They didn't have to do shit to existing mons anymore post-sprites since the models are future proof as fuck.
>>
>>32514360
>They're all Grass/Psychic and have the hidden ability Flytrap which is basically Sap Sipper but for Bug moves.

That's actually a great idea
>>
>>32514330
>every "dude Hawaii lmao" Pokemon in SM was a mistake

I felt like they gave the region a sense of identity. Kalos had a french theme but it didn't feel authentic because of Japanese and general European culture that was mixed in (like using Audrey Hepburn as a base for the champion instead of Bridget Bardot).
>>
>>32514402
They made the game feel like shitty fanfiction because none of the six other regions do that with their Pokemon, the closest is Braviary for Unova but even that's more subtle than several Alola mons.
>>
>>32514110
Oh well, the people want a region where the more obvious things need to be part of it??
Isn't a bit childish?
Lunatoone for moon, solrock for sun, woah, creative!!
Generic hawaian girl-plant in Alola? Sounds a bit like an a sterotype huh?
It's like put a tauros as a box legendary if in a future game the region will be based on Spain.
>>
>>32514449
>none of the six other regions do that with their Pokemon

The first four regions are filled with pokemon based off of Japanese shit
>kitsune
>lucky cat
>gyaru
>karp jumping a waterfall
>windsock
>tengu
>Japanese windchime
>steel mirror
>japanese bell
>yuki-onna
>cherry blossom
>a million tsukumogami
>>
>>32514553
And then there's Stantler that was pretty much created because "Nara Park, lol", and Miltank and Tauros appearing above Olivine City because of Kobe beef.
>>
>>32514548
I doesn't need to be a box legend but if GF goes out of their way to parody Spain then I expect Tauros to be in the regional Pokedex.
>>
>>32514402
i feel that alola lacks it's own identity.

i see alola as hoenn lite, not just because it's a tropical region but also the fact it literally got released after the remakes of the ruby and sapphire.

also they threw away phoebe for the sake of a loli with a permanent cat afce and a giant forehead.
>>
>>32514110
>tfw no Flying Dutchman Lapras
I mean, it practically designs itself.
Just look at Lapras' moveset, it's not nearly as gentle as the dex makes it out to be.
>has Perish Song
>Sheer Cold
Yep. Real gentle Pokemon you got there, Game Freak.
>could've been version-exclusive counterpart to Dhelmise
>Water/Ghost
>Cursed Body instead of Shell Armor
>Misty Surge as HA for flavor reasons
>shell covered in shipwreck parts
>when underwater, it looks like a ghost ship
>learns Anchor Shot
>Shadow Sneak instead of Ice Shard
>Shadow Ball instead of Ice Beam
>>
>>32514305
But I like Sun and Moon, I just think Bellossom should be in it.
>>
Those games were so rushed
>>
>>32514360
Very neat and intiguing! I would add a more psychedelic colorisation btw. The concept is great!
>>
>>32516203
It's based on the IRL pitcher plant species Nepenthes, distinguished by their bold red and green colouration
>>
>>32514360

it looks more like it could be Grass/Fire. We need a grass/fire type badly.
>>
>>32514305

>bitching about top 3 best game in the series

You could at least try to pretend not to be shilling. Even the non-/vp/ reaction faces are there.
>>
>>32516757

Just ignore, >>32514305 is paid to post here every day and triggering him will just make him shitpost and samefag more. Remember there are autists that do worst for free, imagine what a paid autist like him can sperg at.

>>32514330

>Ohmura

I remember back at Oras shills used to do their research at least, I feel now you guys just look up names in old threads.
>>
>>32515447
Agreed in both cases.

But don't bother replying to that one. Every time you see obvious shitpost like this, using non-pokemon pics and lying obvious shit (the other day one of them Necrozma was an event mon) just ignore. It's not someone who played any of the games.
>>
>>32514613
Nessie would fit better than the Flying Dutchman
>>
>>32514197
Yeah, Tropius sure is the most """"""Hawaiian looking Pokemon"""""" when we a fucking Bellossom exists.
>>
>>32514110
alolan gloom is cute af
>>
>>32514305
I have the same ring as this dude wtf
>>
>>32514110
>I know alolan forms were gen 1 only but this should have been an exception.
There was no reason it had to be that way. It was a fucking stupid design decision that made no sense lore-wise.
>>
>>32514110
What else did you expect from Game Freak? You got a lei, and that's all you'll ever get.
>>
>>32514220
i've always wanted a poison/dark vileplume. what a fucking wasted mega opportunity.
>>
Why not a burger pokémon in BW and a bagette pokémon in XY ?
Fucking game freak.
>>
File: Poke shellfish.jpg (38KB, 780x468px) Image search: [Google]
Poke shellfish.jpg
38KB, 780x468px
>>32514110
Twenty years of no Shellder alternate form, and I'm still disappointed.
>>
>>32514292
But they're not the Sun and Moon Pokémon, they're the Meteorite and Meteorite Pokémon.
>>
>>32514360
>Grass/Psychic with a logical immunity to their 4x weakness
Now that's good thinking.
>>
>>32518432
Yeah, same.

It's not like it's even hard to explain. Alola Shellder is naturally buoyant, so it's carried all over the world on the tides, and then chomps down on it's favourite food, Slowpoke tails.
>>
>>32514360
>Flytrap
Love it.
>>
>>32519001
I wish they would make already established but non-playable Pokemon playable already. Kangaskhan's baby and the Shellder, for example.

Yeah, I get the baby comes out during the mega evolution, but still.
>>
>>32514206
I'm expecting this, honestly.
If not Alola Forms, then at least Sinnoh Forms or Ultra Space Forms or something equally nutty.
>>
>>32519056
>Kangaskhan
Don't get me started.
Hawaii has a huge feral wallaby population, it would've been so easy to throw in a Kangaskhan variant that looks like baby Kanga.
>>
>>32519085
There were so many missed opportunities that I simply don't understand from those games.
>>
>>32514402
>Kalos had a french theme
I recently discovered that Paris is nicknamed "The City of Light" (like New York City is "The Big Apple"). So Lumiose City is a good name.
>>
>>32514613
>Dhelmise alternate
You do not understand that catching Dhelmise was pain itself if you didn't know about bubbly spots.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.