[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, who was the worst transition: Pokémon S&M or Ben

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

File: 1016px-Ben10Omniverse.svg.png (111KB, 1016x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1016px-Ben10Omniverse.svg.png
111KB, 1016x1024px
So, who was the worst transition: Pokémon S&M or Ben 10: Omniverse?
>>
File: Of_Predator_part1_73.png (693KB, 1322x744px) Image search: [Google]
Of_Predator_part1_73.png
693KB, 1322x744px
Ironically Omniverse gave me my favorite villain in the franchise
>>
Omniverse:
>takes advantage of characters, locations, and ideas established over the series' history in ways that former series didn't
>cleans up UAF's messy retcons as well as it could
>differentiates several aliens who were originally just cheap knock-offs of each other
>Malware is fucking awesome

SM:
>gets rid of the traveling aspect of the series in order to have a larger regular cast
>larger cast helps cut down on forgettable "character of the day" plots
>reaction faces: the animated series

I think SM was a weaker transition overall.
>>
>>32512055
ben10 was way better when he had his own car
>>
>>32512055
Nah Alien Force and Black and White were.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 197x255px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 197x255px
>>32512104
Ironically BW introduced my current favorite Pokemon too
>>
>>32512104
Alien Force is the Diamond and Pearl of the franchise. Ultimate Alien is the Black and White.

Both are mechanically and fundamentally the same thing, the differences are just in the main content.
>>
>>32512055
Omniverse is the best Ben 10 series you colossal fucking pleb
>>
The Ben 10 reboot was the worst transition.
>>
File: Chromastone gigalith.jpg (56KB, 1090x478px) Image search: [Google]
Chromastone gigalith.jpg
56KB, 1090x478px
>>
File: Ultamite EchoEcho Siesmatoad.jpg (68KB, 1323x464px) Image search: [Google]
Ultamite EchoEcho Siesmatoad.jpg
68KB, 1323x464px
Not saying these are rip-offs, just that they have very similar themes.
>>
>>
File: same idea.jpg (76KB, 1144x549px) Image search: [Google]
same idea.jpg
76KB, 1144x549px
>>
File: ben10omniverse reference.png (534KB, 743x373px) Image search: [Google]
ben10omniverse reference.png
534KB, 743x373px
>>
>>32512629
Kek
>>
Actually liked omniverse. Characters like Rook were better than expected. The newest reboot looks dumb though.

SM looks dumb but it's not bad.
>>
>>32512606
>>32512611
>>32512618
>>32512624
still waiting for the more obvious similarities
>>
File: 1494258477518.jpg (1MB, 1568x1529px) Image search: [Google]
1494258477518.jpg
1MB, 1568x1529px
I wanna fuck Ben in his little twink hole with a strap on dildo
>>
>>32512055

I don't like or care about Ben 10 but I bet the people complaining are adults because it looks too "childish" or not muh childhood version of it, the same thing happened to Nu-Scooby Doo and wasn't that bad.
>>
>>32512055
Wrong Ben 10 pic, if you posted the most recent one then BEN 10 would've had the worst transition. It's fallen victim to the shallow reboot with dead memes like Powerpuff girls.
>>
File: Smug Anime Guy.png (170KB, 395x327px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Anime Guy.png
170KB, 395x327px
>>32513537
I still don't understand the reason for a reboot omniverse had the perfect setup for a sequel series would have ben nice
>>
>>32513553
They probably thought the original fanbase was no longer watching, so they decided to start a clean slate for a new generation. I normally wouldn't have a problem with that if it wasn't the fact that modern kid shows tend to have memes borrowed from the internet that died like 3 years ago along with other dumb things that are about on par with that. Granted, some of the stuff I watched as a kid would be dumb sometimes too, but the writing seemed to be more intelligent and more original. I genuinely wonder if Adventure Time wasn't the thing that started this whole ordeal.
>>
>>32513593
I don't think adventure time started I think avatar did adventure time didn't really try doing more mature themes until later in it's run I think around season 5 or 6.
>>
>>32513611
Wait, how does Avatar fit into all of this? I thought it was a pretty good show, granted I never really watched it past the first season.
>>
>>32513628
I recommend you watch the other 2 seasons there pretty good. Well avatar is one of the show people credit for a kids show with more mature themes and character building. In season 2 especially it has some pretty good episodes that you wouldn't normally see in a children's cartoon.
>>
>>32513647
Ah, I thought you were talking about shows that were cluttered up with memes but you were talking about the polar opposite. I was basically thinking that Adventure Time was the whole thing that started the trend with that form of writing since shows that came on after that on Cartoon Network seemed to follow suit, only without the mature themes that Adventure Time had in the last portion of its run.
>>
what the fuck is the point of this series beyond gen 1 Gwen's design?
>>
>>32513611
>what's hey arnold
>what's ginger
>what's the thornberrys
>what's recess
>what's doug

mature themes were also part of the previous generation of cartoons. the thing that characterizes this generation is the "le funny random jokes XD". it spawned abominations like uncle grandpa.
>>
>>32513709
>hey arnold
that shit got real sometimes too
>>
>>32513593
For every intelligent and original cartoon you remember from your youth, there were six Catdogs.
>>
>>32513770
I don't think there was enough airing time to fit over 100 cartoons if what you're saying is true, anon.
>>
Speaking of cartoon reboots, I hope they don't ruin the reboots for Darkwing Duck and Invader Zim. I still love the intro to Darkwing Duck to this day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=375ENQbru8s
>>
We can all agree that Arthur was the most mature cartoon in its time
>>
>>32513553
Yeah weren't they planning on doing a "Galactic roadtrip" at the end?
>>
>>32513892
Invader Zim seems to have the original creator behind it, along with it being a movie to wrap up the series, ala Samurai Jack.
>>
I liked AF because the character didn't act like a retard all the time.
>>
Yeah, there's been some tarded ad for a "GUESS THAT ALIEN" short on YT. It's just a HehE LoLL RanDOM JokEZ animated short.
>>
>>32512606
Really nice
>>
I'm not hating on watching cartoons but at least watch good ones
>>
>>32512606
shiny gigalith has the colors of alien force/ultimate alien version of diamondhead
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.