[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/vp/ is finally realizing ORAS were great games Took you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: pokemon-oras1.jpg (53KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-oras1.jpg
53KB, 780x439px
>/vp/ is finally realizing ORAS were great games
Took you long enough faggots, I told you the battle frontier was nothing special
>>
>ORAS were great games
>battle frontier is nothing special
Imagine being this retarded
>>
>>32508212
When all the other 3d games are so shit, an average one will look good by comparison.
>>
They've always been just okay games, and they remain that. There are certainly things it failed to deliver on that it had no good reason not to, Frontier or no.
>>
>>32508212
I'm not realizing it. ORAS are still bottom of the barrel for me.
>>
>>32508212
ORAS actively loses points over the original Ruby/Sapphire despite being better games for making far worse use of its potential. Why the FUCK they didn't take the improvements Emerald brought and incorporated them into the games is absolutely beyond me.
>>
>>32508498
Ohmori has literally Said why. Don't have the quote but something on the lines of

>everyone plays phone games these days so their attention spans are shorter so we don't expect anyone to play our post-game

Not joking.
>>
>>32508519
GF dev lynching when?
>>
I never hated it as much as other anons, it was just mostly disappointing. I like being able to get all the legends and ribbon hunting, and it's fun to replay through with weird teams because it's so easy. I'll be starting my next playthrough soon, so I'll have one Deoxys for each form, and it'll be fun.

Replaying through Sun and Moon though, I mostly just dislike the opening. It's not as bad as anons claim, I'd say it's objectively mediocre. I still personally put it in my top 5 because I like the story, characters, and Pokémon selection. But then again, I'm not a "gamer". I play Pokémon and Smash Bros and that's about it, and for me, ORAS and Sun and Moon are fine.
>>
>>32508498
This is the biggest issue with ORAS. Its the only remake that isn't a complete improvement over the original. Little things like Wattson using Magneton when Emerald corrected this problem and gave him Manectric.
>>
>>32508540
>I like being able to get all the legends

Why do people keep saying this? You can't even get them all and to get all the ones in game you need both versions. And if you're still buying both versions for $40 I hate you and you are one of the main factors ruining the series
>>
ORAS has more flaws than HGSS and FRLG, but also more postives and more newly created content.

But it is true: /vp/ are finally starting to realize that ORAS is a great game, one of the best, I would say...
>>
>>32508566
>And if you're still buying both versions for $40 I hate you and you are one of the main factors ruining the series
You'll have to explain this because this has literally always been the case.
>>
>>32508566
Well I don't, I just have Alpha Sapphire. You can just trade online, as long as you don't make a living on it, I don't know why you'd have more than one copy.
>>
>>32508585
Cause you're giving them $80 for an unfinished usually rushed project that I personally don't think is worth $40 considering how fantastic most games are on the 3ds for that price.

So years go by and they keep releasing games with less and less content shit removed and just not great like gen 6 and 7 or at least not nearly as good as they could've been.

Now game freak knows you're still going to buy both versions even though they put less and less work in every time getting away with more and more knowing they're still getting that sweet money.

I've seen so many people on this board saying they bought both SM on release and we're so disappointed they didn't play the second version. But GF still got that $40.
>>
>>32508597
>I don't know why you'd have more than one copy

You'd be surprised how many people do it just so they don't have to do GTS trading or so they can have two save slots.

Also you can't make a living Dex trading legendaries 1:1
>>
>>32508566
>People buy two games
>Ruining the series

Besides you know you can trade with a friend with the other version
>>
>>32508212
Literally worse remakes than even FR/LG.
>>
>>32508609
Okay, sure. I thought you were just complaining about two versions autism.

In any case, that's how it goes. People vote with their wallet, and the majority of people have incredibly shit taste. You would hope that a general decline in series quality translates to a general decline in sales, at least eventually if not initially but I don't have access to sales figures to support that argument, or whether ORAS/SM are even less well-received than the games prior to them.
>>
>>32508519
That was said by Masuda the authentic cancer of this franchise.
Ohmori did a fine work with SM and he was the inventor of the pokéwalker!, i really liked this thing.
>>
>>32508634
>>32508609
>>
>>32508212
It's kind of like Democrats realizing Bush was a good president only once Trump took office. Old, dry shit will always look quaint compared to fresh, hot shit.

In reality the entire 3DS era has been a dark age for the franchise. SM didn't fix it and whatever comes next probably won't. Since 2012 my faith that the "next games will finally get it right" has been betrayed again and again.
>>
>>32508657
I always get the pokemon devs mixed up, my bad
>>
>>32508666
at least trumps making an effort rating than using his presidency as a vacation not that I'm a fan just saying bush sucked man.
>>
>>32508677
I wasn't trying to make a politcal point. In fact I support Trump. I'm just using democrat about-face on Bush as an example of recency bias.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.