[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well. are they good /vp/? I've played every single main

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

Well. are they good /vp/? I've played every single main Pokemon game including remakes and about 1/4 of the spin off titles but for some reason i completely lost interest in gen 7 should i pick them up?
>>
>>32506522
Why should I care what you do?
>>
File: 50021121.jpg (85KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
50021121.jpg
85KB, 960x540px
>>32506526
y-you got me there!
>>
>>32506522
no
>>
>>32506522
Watch a playthrough on youtube, play a couple of battle in the gen 7 OU ladder on showdown and you'll get more or less the same experience of SM but for free
>>
>>32506547
>watching a playthrough instead of playing it

You disgust me.
>>
It's fucking garbage if you ask me but it's entirely possible you might like it. Take a plunge, live dangerous.
>>
>>32506522
They're fine. Some of the new Pokémon are great. While the graphics are lovely, the region is easy as fuck and fairly forgettable for the most part but has its charming moments and encounters. The plot, such as it is, is nothing special. Overall it's incredibly average.

SM and XY back to back have really driven home the idea that new Pokemon games are just gonna be more of the same shit--which is okay, but not exciting. The formula has settled in and become comfortable. I don't feel any need to turn the game on again after I beat the elite 4 any more, because I know in 2-3 years there will be another game more or less the same as the one I just beat. I have no reason to become any more attached to one than another.
>>
>>32506550
This. I thought that watching a playthrough would be fine but I felt pressurised for not playing ORAS. I've bought it and I'm not regretting it, it's the only game out of the past three that has replay value. Not to mention how easy it is to find HA mons and the shitload of legendaries
>>
>>32506591
>it's the only game of the past three that has replay value
how does it have any sort of replay value with the amount of cutscenes shoved in your face?
>>
File: 1473092737544.gif (486KB, 477x320px) Image search: [Google]
1473092737544.gif
486KB, 477x320px
>>32506522
Most of the Gen 7 pokemon suck. Theyre either fast but weak, or slow and powerful but not bulky. I dont think any of the non-legendaries are even competition/frontier worthy
>>
>>32506522
I'd say wait to see if they release another game this month. If they do skip it or get it later. If they don't just get it
>>
>>32506823
He's talking about ORAS
>>
>>32506522
Yes they are. Justy shut up, stop doing supid threads and play them. Or just shut the freak up!
>>
>>32506522
Long analysis short, no.
They changed several mechanics to artificially elongate the game like fishing, SOS battles and making encounter rates for most new Pokemon extremely low in comparison to older ones, especially Kanto mon.
Hyper Training is a crock of shit because bottle caps are absurdly rare and you need to be level 100 to use it.
Routes are short and simple with very little divergence or anything for that matter and it's the first game where buildings have entrances but can't access.
>>
>>32506522
SM are great for like ONE playthrough. You get sucked into Alola's atmosphere and the upscaled
models add even more immersion. But by the end you feel burnt out by cutscene overload.

They are games worth playing on the main campaign, but they give you nothing to work with afterwards as breeding and raising are made more tedious compared to gen 6. And UBs and Guardian pokemon are all that's left for catching.
>>
>>32508007
You are full of shit. Black and White, 2 generations ago, were the ones abusing the doors that don't open.
>>
>>32508258
So are you going to actually prove this or are you just going to keep on shitposting?
>>
File: Screenshot_228.png (80KB, 348x348px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_228.png
80KB, 348x348px
>32508007
>>
Yes.
>>
>look mom I posted the boxart thread again
Why does /vp/ keep falling for it?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.