[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any idea why they've made fishing in Alola to be such an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: fishing1.jpg (19KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
fishing1.jpg
19KB, 400x240px
Any idea why they've made fishing in Alola to be such an aggravating task?

Lets search for Corsola! With bubbling spot its like
>be careful to not come to fast to the spot otherwise the bubbles will vanish
>the bubbles vanish after just one turn anyway
>Nothing seems to be baiting
>An item (pearl, heart scale, whatever)
>re enter the area because bubbles wont come back othewise
>Magikarp
>(after re entering another time) Magikarp
>Wishiwashi
>Item
>Luvdisc
>few more attempts full of "nothing seems to be baiting, magikarps, luvdiscs and items
>Corsola!

Without bubbles its not even worth trying.

Why......? Why did they do this? In every other region it works so normally, Kalos even had this neat chain fishing. Why Alola fishing sucks so bad?
>>
>>32502305
Because SM are shit
>>
just save before you fish in the bubbles faggot
>>
>>32502305
Nintendo perfected unlimited bait works after all
>>
the encounter rates in sm are all fucked i really dont understand why they did it they way they did

like its not even their usual incompetence/inattention to detail, its like they went out of their way to make it shitty on purpose
>>
>>32502305
This could've been resolved if we could JUST have our Good, and Super, rods.
>>
>>32502315
This
>>
>>32502305
Gamefreak refuses to make fishing enjoyable and not RNG.
>>
>not soft resetting
>>
I would not be surprised if they had issues making the rod work properly when not on a grid so they just locked it to certain places for Gen VII.

Personally though, I had no issue with the encounter rates in the game, though.
>>
>>32504287
Yeah because that makes it better...
>>
>>32502305

maybe they made it that way to make fishing more realistic?
>>
>>32506763
Realisitc fishing doesnt work in specific rocky spots
>>
>>32502305
Fishing has been shit since R/S. Fuck the stress simulator minigame, pressing Select in front of the water should be all you need to do.
>>
>>32502305
They wanted to change it and try something new. This was probably something they were happy with, to some extant. You aren't happy with it.
Simple to understand, really.
>>
>>32506767

ok, that's right, we should be able to just threw the bait without any bullshit spots
>>
I get what they were going for, but the rippling water needed to be more prevalent and the encounter rates in rippling water needed to be much higher for the rare things like Bruxish and the like. The fact that Magikarp yet again infests every fishing spot is also a major problem.

All they needed to do was make the encounter rates better in rippling water and it might have been alright.
>>
>>32502305
It isn't the worst change to be honest, finding rare stuff isn't any more harder than in older games.

Now SOS + weather only Pokémon, whoever came should be locked far away from civilization.
>>
>>32502305
Just wonder trade. After I got mine I started breeding 5 boxes worth and just threw them out there
>>
>>32507053
I got some of them on GTS by offering version exclusives, heh.
>>
Because SM are shit
>>
Who's ready for the fishing global mission to be a colossal fucking failure?
>>
File: 22-capture_23052011_091818.png (6KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
22-capture_23052011_091818.png
6KB, 640x480px
Why can't Pokemon have Digimon World-tier fishing?
Why can't Digimon have Digimon World-tier fishing?
>>
>>32502353
No, it literally couldn't. Having multiple rods wouldn't make the "you can only fish in rock spots" and "muh bubbles" mechanics any less shit. Just let us have the normal fishing mechanic and JUST the Super Rod.
>>
I fished for a Feebas in Emerald earlier today and i found that faster than a Dhelmise in Sun, even with the bubbling spot
>>
File: why the fuck.png (35KB, 560x457px) Image search: [Google]
why the fuck.png
35KB, 560x457px
LOL

seriously the common pokemon have like 40%+ encounter rates on like half the game
>>
>>32507267
The main problem with this system and those who are weather + sos are the encounter rates, they're fucked up.
>>
>>32502316
You realise that soft resets are longer than going back and forth right?
>>
>>32504287
isn't gen 6 soft reset speed, anon
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.