[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Pokemon should Ash have trained? What would an ideal team

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

What Pokemon should Ash have trained? What would an ideal team for him have been
I've always thought he should have a Rapidash. Between how well he handled Lara Laramie's in the race, the presence of Rapidash in the First Movie, and the fact that his father once raised one.
>>
>>32499595
>>>/padt/
>>
>>32499595
I'm honestly surprised he didn't actually get a Riolu/Lucario in DP.
I like to imagine him training a Meditite/Medicham for all the potential personality clash.
>>
>>32499595
>>>/padt/
It exists for this shit. You don't need two threads for the same thing. Otherwise this whole board will be full of multiple fanfic, drawthreads and shit like that. Use the fucking general.
>>
>>32499595

Second on Rapidash.

For ones that aren't as obvious, Arcanine but thats because its my favourite mon.

It would have been nice if he could have had Braviary or any other electric type pokemon but that can't be helped when his main is the series mascot.
>>
>>32499595
Never realised what shit taste ash has.

Also is that a shiny noctowl?
>>
>>32500715
where were you in the last 20 years?
>>
>>32499614
>>32500615
Better than all those fetish thread.
And honestly that general is already saturated with the most recent episode, there is no harm in having threads about past season only a few will care to comment.

Back on topic Ash should have gotten an Eevee.
>>
>>32500733
Not watching the shit anime and enjoying the games.
>>
>>32500737
Oh, so it's fine if someone goes and makes threads about a million different things from the anime? A thread talking about Ash's Kanto team, a thread about his Johto team, and so on. A thread about his Charizard. A thread about his Pikachu. A thread about him. A thread about his rivals. A thread about Gary. A thread about his companions. A thread about Serena. A thread about MUH ABUSED APE. A thread about memefrog. A thread about the movies. A thread about the upcoming movie.

You can make a virtually infinite amount of thread for this one thing. Better use a fucking general. And no, it's NOT better than those fetish threads.

>but muh general is shit
No shit, faggot. If you don't use the general for anything meaningful, of course it will be full of shit. If you would just talk about this in the general, it will that much less shittier. Do so for everything anime related, and it will be less shittier.

Don't use the general, and make unnecessary threads about the anime for everything you want to talk about, of course the general will be left with only more shit.
>>
>>32500762
Haha this anon wants to be a mod so bad

MOOODDSS you seeing this? I've got a replacement for your shitty asses
>>
>>32500737
>Better than all those fetish thread.
>Actively harming the franchise
>better than males being attracted to females

This is why /vp/ is shit. There's an anime general already. Its point is to concentrate anime discussion. Use it.
>>
>>32500737
>saturated with the most recent episode
The anime general almost never discusses SM.
>>
>>32499595
He should have trained Primeape instead of giving it away like an idiot.
Also that Beedrill because I love Beedrill god damn it.
>>
My Ash's Dream Team would be: Pidgeot, Heracross, Kingler, Gliscor, Charizard and Muk.

But, I only watched the first seasons of the anime.
>>
Ash should have gotten Delphox.

She would have earned the league vicctory with ease.
>>
>>32500744
Edgy
>>
>>32501115
>Using a furry
anon...
>>
>>32499595
For the original saga alone? That's a tough call to make, I am often surprised at the choices they make since they have to end up getting more attention than any other pokemon. I don't know how it is they make these choices. Regardless, I feel the need for showcasing the starters was necessary. They are a central part of the representation of any region. Giving Ash a nonstandard starter option was also a good idea, since it would allow for equal representation of the starters. However, this would pretty much mean I condone the use of one pokemon as the franchise mascot, as that would be the ONLY option to make for this. I probably would've also had a pokemon that evolves simply because they're more interesting, but despite the stigma of brand recognition, I would've allowed it to evolve. We can't have a franchise representative that is doomed to never reaching it's full potential. Non-evolving pokemon would circumvent this matter, but I still think one that evolves is more interesting.

This would leave me with two slots in which I could do whatever I want unless I decided to take the Hoenn route right away and split the starters between three cast members. This could avoid the nonstandard option above, but it would still end up with someone getting another option unless there was only one other companion. Debate on if that would be necessary since I don't believe in the idiot hero trope. However, I do feel like they need someone to interact with to keep things interesting. The Rival having one of the starters is a minefield that I don't know how to feel about. So one starter is not shown constantly, but perhaps we can make up for it by having more appearances. This would make it so there could be a lot more variety on the teams, though. The only stipulation is that the companion has to have their own story arc where they actually do shit.

Other than this, with no other guidelines to follow, I would represent all the types present.
>>
Ash's Gible should have evolved into Garchomp. It would have been the next Charizard.
And before that he could have gotten a Bagon in Hoenn and joke at first about how they are both stubborn and sturdy, but then they bond and it evolves and it's a fucking beast.
Instead he got Goodra. For a little while.
>>
>>32499595
For Gen 5, if Oshawott wasn't comic relief it would've evolved all the way to Samurott.
I think Ash should've replaced his Unfezant later down the line with Braviary.
Snivy could stay a Snivy, but it'd be nice to have seen her evolve all the way to Serperior.
Get rid of Tepig.
Have Scraggy evolve all the way to Scrafty.
Keep Krookodile.
Have Boldore evolve all the way to Gigalith.
So overall my ideal Gen 5 team for him would be: Samurott, Snivy/Serperior, Braviary, Chandelure, Krookodile, Scrafty
>>
>>32501731
Hell both Garchompg and Salamance have color schemes that match Ash nicely.
>>
>>32500604
>states quite a few times he has some aura powers in and out of movies
>never actually give him his own aura mutt

Not like he needed one but that bugged me a bit.
>>
>>32499595
It also has 'ash' in its name
>>
>>32500762
>STOP TALKING ABOUT POKÉMON IN THE CONTAINMENT POKÉMON BOARD
>>
>>32503096
Holy shit.
Also Aegislash but they probably don't want to associate their human mascot with a killing weapon.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.