[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>budget animation and stock footage everywhere, only a handful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 14

File: OPJ19[1].png (205KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
OPJ19[1].png
205KB, 1280x720px
>budget animation and stock footage everywhere, only a handful of well-animated fights
>Pokemon have no personality besides Hawlucha
>boring soulless Ash
>boring female with a rushed recycled contest arc, no value beyond submissive waifu appeal
>boring male companion beyond his gym match, insipid science gimmick
>zero chemistry between main cast, everyone just nice all the time
>romance "plot" where absolutely nothing happens until a bit of last minute fanservice
>no plot besides gym matches until XYZ
>poorly written/last minute rivals, nothing personal on the line, no emotional drive behind any of the fights
>shoehorned special snowflake Greninja out of fucking nowhere, no basis in the games, never properly explained, and doesn't amount to anything; entire arc is a complete waste of time when it loses the exact same way it did before training
>other shoehorned shit like Serena's makeover, even her sudden obsession with contests felt forced and unnatural
>tons of filler, useless COTDs everywhere that don't build character for the main cast, even episodes with plot points feel like filler
>meanwhile, entire league is skipped straight to semi-finals, Ash's progression feels trivial
>dropped plots like Malamar arc
>Team Rocket starts out well then quickly shits up the entire series for half its screentime

/padt/ lied to me
>>
Is this a bait thread?
>>
They did a really good job at adapting the actual games with this one
>>
>>32496181
SM has better ratings than XYZ
>>
File: 718.png (905KB, 2216x2488px) Image search: [Google]
718.png
905KB, 2216x2488px
>>32496164
I only watched that flick for pic related and to see Ash job once again.
>>
>>32496208
>le ratings meme
I guess that answers my question.
>>
>>32496164
Thanks god that in SM (and i'm not joking) they are doing a pretty decent job.
>>
OP is dentoswife.tumblr.com
>>
>>32496196
yes
>>
File: 1473967853696.png (529KB, 1280x692px) Image search: [Google]
1473967853696.png
529KB, 1280x692px
>>32496218
Burasto baan!
>>
>>32496222
It literally says bad ratings in the picture that was posted ya goob.
>>
>>32496218
Zygarde was based. He was the only reason I watched it.
>>
>>32496164
The pokemon anime was never good. Can we stop pretending there was ever a time in which it was worth watching?

Shame on you doubly if you only watched XY for Serena x Ash shitting.
If you're really this desperate to see two characters get together then watch an actual romance anime for fuck's sake.
>>
>>32496164
Time without seen this pasta
>>
>>32496576
Tell that to the rest of the community.
>>
You must be a thrill to be with. I'm not even a anime fag, both XY and SM are as much of a bore as every other anime season, bar the original that started a lot of clichés that make it to the series up to this day.

It's a childrens' game's promoting anime. You can't go much farther from here. There might be some highlights here and there, but the filler episodes far outweigh the measly moments the entirety of the series had. Not to mention a protagonist which face everyone's getting pretty fucking tired of, the way how leagues have been handled have been shit as well. I'm not talking about actual outcomes like Ash losing, it wouldn't matter what he'd face, pretty sure he'd still lose, I'm talking about people having fucking LEGENDARIES on a league for instance.

Maybe it's time to accept the fact that, while you may have not outgrown the franchise's games, you may have outgrown from the anime series because as I've said, they're aimed towards kids and the possible genwunners left behind.
>>
>>32496164
Maybe you should not watch shows directed towards children if you're going to be so critical.

The people who make the anime don't give a shit what you want, it's pokemon.
>>
>>32496164

Is there any anime that is based off of a game that is good?

Because the reason the Pokemon anime sucks is because if it were "good" it would need to end, or at least end Ash's journey. But the company has it in their heads that kids are too stupid to switch protags every once and a while.

The anime will never be good. The anime was never good. It's there to sell toys and be enjoyed by people who just want to see Ash/their favorite pokemon. Unless it finally starts bombing there is no reason for them to put any effort into writing.
>>
>>32496196
Only for XY fags
>>
>>32496604
Only to get shitted on by 13y old shitstains with brain damage? No thanks, i rather not anon
>>
>>32496222
Not him, but you realize just throwing the word "meme" around isn't an argument right?
>>
>the Ashime sucks
Yeah no shit. Why else do you think the ratings are in the trash? Just stick with the games. Fuck, I'm not even a fan of Pokemon Adventures but it's a lot more entertaining than watching Ash be incompetent over and over again.
>>
File: file.png (336KB, 500x463px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
336KB, 500x463px
eureka and punichan were the only good bits
>>
>hating battlebot 3000

drone ash best ash
>>
>>32496730
>people having fucking LEGENDARIES on a league for instance
What's wrong with that?
>>
File: 1470063678823.png (343KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
1470063678823.png
343KB, 394x370px
>>32497250
>muh ratings
Someone kill this dank meme already.
>>
>>32496196
Yes, in fact I recognize that bullet point list. It's been posted before. Basically, it's stale genwar pasta written by a genwarring shitposter. Not sure if it's the same guy who made this thread though...doesn't matter I guess.
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/31292599/#31294782
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/31293765/#31294696
>>
>>32496773
I don't know any that are good but there are plenty that are much better than Pokemon.
>>
if Xy and XYZ are that bad, imagine what's left for SM

Dont be so harsh with SM, man.
>>
>>32496164
>Best battle animations and great animations for the rest of the episodes
>Every Pokémon has an interesting personality besides Noivern and Talonflame
>Veteran Ash, that has character development which hadn't happened in awhile
>Great female companion that had a great character arc and didn't need battles to be interesting
>Good male companion that for once had a useful and fun gimmick
>Good chemistry with the main cast that doesn't need them to battle all the time and "muh drama" that doesn't add nothing to their relationships.
>For the first time the writers tackled the romance theme and it had its culminating point in the end where they showed (kinda) a kiss in the anime, that according to the writer is proof that Ash will be with Serena when they get older.
>This time not only did they focus in battles, but also in developing the companion's stories and having a slow build-up while giving hints of what was to come all the time.
>Lots of rivals added since the beggining of the series, like Tierno and that orange guy no one cares.
>Serena's conflict with herself, when she was so obsessed with archieving a dream she didn't even realize that maybe it wasn't really what she wanted until the end when she's willing to try contests now.
>Much less fillers than usual and most of the times they add something new to the story.
>>
File: cdd.png (25KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
cdd.png
25KB, 420x420px
>>32496164
>every love interest is a waifu
>>
>>32500707
no lie, you xyfag, xy is shit, SHIT!
>>
>>32496164
Fuck it, even if it's a bait, I'm biting it.

>>budget animation and stock footage everywhere, only a handful of well-animated fights
Still looked the best ashnime ever did.

>>Pokemon have no personality besides Hawlucha
They were pretty much the same as in all seasons, barring the first one.

>>boring soulless Ash
LITERALLY the same as always, just more competent and less retarded.

>>boring female with a rushed recycled contest arc, no value beyond submissive waifu appeal
Correct. Serena was shit and pointless. She was just there for the first 40 or so episodes, doing literally nothing, and when she did start doing something, it was forced as fuck and it was the most retarded and boring thing you can imagine. She was a waste of time, nothing more.

>>boring male companion
Clemont was great, fuck you.

>>zero chemistry between main cast, everyone just nice all the time
Just wrong. They had nice chemistry. Except for Serena. She was cancer.

>>romance "plot"
It was cute. Fuck Serena, but that was cute. That's enough.

>>no plot
Fair enough.

>>poorly written/last minute rivals
Just objectively wrong. He was around in Mega Evolution specials since long ago, and he was a nicely detailed character. The best in this shit series yet.

>>shoehorned special snowflake Greninja
Fair enough.
I thought the battles with it were fun, but the entire concept was cancer and shouldn't have existed.

>>Serena
Shit. Agreed.

>>filler
Nothing new. It's been there since the beginning, it will be there forever.

>league skipped
Agreed, fuck that. That was disappointing. At least show Ash crub-stomping his opponents.

>Malamar arc
No one gives a shit about that.

>Team Rocket
So the same they've always been. They were only competent and not annoying in the very beginning, and in BW. The rest is the same it's always been.

>/padt/ lied to me
If you were told this is the best season yet, no, you weren't lied to. It is. If you were told it was flawless, then yes, /padt/ lied.
>>
>>32496164
XY fags only cared about the forced romance subplot
>>
File: It's Bullshit.jpg (138KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
It's Bullshit.jpg
138KB, 800x450px
>>32502369
>Clemont was great, fuck you.

Too bad he was downgraded to BW Ash, once the gym battle was done
>>
>>32496196
Yes.. it's the haterfaggot again.
>>
>>32502369
>Still looked the best ashnime ever did.
Wrong
>>
Ash's character was shit

Serena is so trash that I can't believe we have so many idiots in love with her that we need an entire fucking thread with hundreds of replies each to have "discussion" about her.

The only good things about XYZ were some of the fight's animation, and the asshurt that came from BURASTO
>>
Serena cutting her hair was the most cringe melodrama shit the show has ever done. The most over-the-top reaction someone has had to losing something in the series, going to a person who just learned about the competition and career field she lost in a few episodes prior. Imagine if after losing to Brock in the OS, Ash had a mental breakdown out of nowhere, and even that isn’t comparable since Ash was established to have wanted to become a pokemon master long before the show even started.

The fact that many Serena fans claim this is her best moment exemplifies how awful of a character she was, it was a transparent attempt to make the audience feel bad for a then very undeveloped character in the most shallow way possible.
>>
serena is trash
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 308x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 308x300px
>>32496164
SM
>comedy relief is too big of a focus
>1 dimensional characters that exist for the dole purpose of being waifus
>Samson oak
>ash losing to TR
>forced drama with stoutland right from the beginning instead of giving it better buildup
>removing null and nebby from Lillie and Gladion
>Speed lines Lmao(the most inexcusable)
>art style change gave ash a mustache

I know the anime is usually considered bad but it'ls only ever been this bad during BW
>>
>>32496196
>Any actual fact that triggers me like an idiot is a bait
Well, I guess.
>>
>>32500707
Now this is REAL bait.
>>
>>32496773
DP was good.
>>
>>32496164
Considering this pasta was posted in /padt/ by a shitposter like five months months ago, yes,"someone in /padt/" did lie to you by getting you to accept and repost hastily written, spoiled pasta virtually verbatim.
>>
>>32504289
>an actual Pokemon dies by natural ways and it somehow got foreshadowed since the beginning
>>forced drama
Wow, vp doesn't know a shit about writting
>>
File: 1491175599382.jpg (34KB, 552x310px) Image search: [Google]
1491175599382.jpg
34KB, 552x310px
>>32500707

>Quality
>>
File: zero shrug.gif (996KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
zero shrug.gif
996KB, 500x281px
>>32497312
For some reason, the anime introduced the logic that trainers shouldn't have legendary pokemon...despite still being pokemon.
>>
File: MOTTO.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
MOTTO.gif
2MB, 540x304px
Regarding Ash-Greninja, desu despite its weird design and other flaws, I really enjoyed watching his battle scenes. The animations were amazing, and the battle choreography was very dynamic. His fights were so hyping back then.
>>
File: IKU Z!.png (3MB, 1000x843px) Image search: [Google]
IKU Z!.png
3MB, 1000x843px
>>32508949
Ash going full battle-lust with Greninja while being power hungry was fucking hype. IKU Z only made it better. what an amazing song.
>>
File: 572215CD332FC5000E.jpg (123KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
572215CD332FC5000E.jpg
123KB, 1024x576px
Yeah, forgot to mention IKU Z. I literally got goosebumps when I saw Ash commanding Greninja with that desire for power when he faced Diantha, while Iku Z was being played at the background. One of the best moments in the XY season in my opinion
>>
>>32502369
>Just objectively wrong. He was around in Mega Evolution specials since long ago, and he was a nicely detailed character. The best in this shit series yet.
His character had nothing to do with their rivalry. He was just another friendly rival with nothing personal on the line between them.
>>
>>32508949
Its unnecessary camera move on every fight makes me puke.
>>
>>32508306
Or that legendary pokemons can be use. Even in leagues.
>>
File: IMG_20160916_004101.png (430KB, 720x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160916_004101.png
430KB, 720x900px
>>32496164
And people thought i was memeing
DP > XY
>>
>>32511289
If you get into the right mindset DP can be awesome. It's a long, drawn out series, but in the end the bonds between Ash, his friends, rivals, and above all, Pokemon feels real.
It took the "Ash saves a pokemon" storyline, and made it enjoyable.

XY is okay, it's a fun watch. If anyone tells you Serena, Bonnie or Clemont are good characters though, you know they're a /padt/ drone.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.