[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were ORAS' remixes kinda meh or were the original tracks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 13

File: IMG_0493.png (129KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0493.png
129KB, 250x250px
Were ORAS' remixes kinda meh or were the original tracks just not as good as we remember?
>>
>>32487076
i prefered the gameboy ones but muh nostalgia
remakes weren't bad but the legendary themes almost seemed less powerful than the original tracks
>>
>>32487076
i play without sounds
>>
>>32487076
Some were better, some were really inferior, some were neither better or inferior - just equivalent.
One of my favorite remixes is Slateport, I never felt that the original theme was really good but I could listen to the remix for hours:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7DsYkZz7Jk
>>
PLAY Edition very required
makes nicetic sound while providing Kuroda stays off the project
Needs more Stylus RMX
>>
Some where good.

The Team boss battle managed to take a meme and make something bombastic and memorable, Deoxys theme took an upgrade and so did super ancient beast.

Some where terrible.

The fucking e4 battle manages to be terrible because they forgot to add the clapping sounds, it is amazing how much a piece of work changes with just a little percussion taken away from it.
>>
>>32487076
People are blinded by nostalgia. Most tracks were a straight-up improvement and the new tracks are fantastic (Zinnia's Theme, Encounter! Biker etc.)

Though there still are some weird remakes, like the Hiker Encounter theme. God damn, what the fuck was Adachi thinking?
>>
File: 211b.jpg (30KB, 314x177px) Image search: [Google]
211b.jpg
30KB, 314x177px
>>32487109
I miss Ichinose's romantic style music. Also Kageyama left after ORAS, what the fuck.
>>
>>32487121
She needs to lay off that HALion GM shit. Like, a fucking trombone? In a song originally with a bombastic french horn? whyyy
>>
>>32487076
Some are better, some are worse. I actually liked the trumpets, and as >>32487088 wrote, without them Kyogre and Groudon's themes seem less "epic". Rayquaza's is pretty good, though.
>>
>>32487132
Now it sounds as shitty as the new Hiker looks like.
>>
>>32487139
>without them
but there are tons in that song
>>
>>32487142
Exactly. Exactly. You can not deny this. Factually correct. We need that fat white Brock like bitch back.
>>
>>32487139
They are there, just less noticable because of that gimmicky nostalgia-filter.
>>
File: MASUDAAAA.jpg (145KB, 1024x769px) Image search: [Google]
MASUDAAAA.jpg
145KB, 1024x769px
Will Kageyama ever return? Why did Masuda have to overwork him so much? God I hate this guy.
>>
Personally I felt like everything was about as okay as it always was

It wasn't a notable improvement like FRLG or a brutal anal rape like HGSS
>>
File: IMG_0495.png (451KB, 430x610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0495.png
451KB, 430x610px
>>32487102
This. Some were fixed, some were ruined, but I agree 100% that the old Slateport was shit and the new one is amazing.
>>
File: masubulge.png (127KB, 336x418px) Image search: [Google]
masubulge.png
127KB, 336x418px
>>32487158
He won't return because he's scared of Masuda's superior brainpower which can process about 3.4 more good compositions every second.
>>
Most of the time, ruined but some are very good, just a few though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ZUBRfdKB8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MvGRM5lQkg
>>
HGSS got better remixes
>>
>>32487076
>as to imply either one is bad
Wrong.
Hiker encounter can go fuck itself though
>>
File: 400px-Soaring_artwork.png (194KB, 400x284px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Soaring_artwork.png
194KB, 400x284px
>>32487076
best tracks were original imho. The remixes ranged from pretty good to straight up butchering. Loved soaring just for the theme and loved how it changed during the night
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
My main gripe was the removal of the trumpets.

Fuck saxaphones.
>>
>>32487263
>removal of trumpets
>saxophones
>>
Better than HGSS's by a long shot
>>
>>32487102
>ORAS slateport city
>that market area that required a separate screen to get to
Disgusting. I'm still not sure which is worse, ORAS or XY.
>>
>>32487289
The trumpets in the original soundtrack were replaced with saxophones.
>>
Some were better, some were worse. At least they sound similar to their originals, unlike FRLG using wrong notes for most of the tracks or HGSS adding random shit to tracks to make them more bouncy and losing some of that calm atmosphere.

The Elite Four theme was definitely one that was better before, and I've never cared for the Champion theme. Routes 119 and 120 are godly in both iterations, while I found the new Mt Pyre peak area's track to be a huge improvement. I feel the trainer and gym leader battle themes are also better.

Oh, and Fortree City was fucking terrible in ORAS.
>>
>>32487296
[citation needed]
>>
>>32487296
That's fucking wrong though,
>>
>>32487294
>Emerald- about 10 MB
>ORAS- 1.8 GB
Gen III games were made fully out of sliding textures. You expect 3D models to be as fluent as textures?
>>
>>32487202
Night time soaring music is comfy as fuck
>>
RSE had a very forgettable soundtrack. It wasn't helped by the GBA's shitty sound system or their choice of instrument approximation. The synth trumpet really overshadows the notes and the tunes blend in one into the other. If I haven't been playing a Hoenn game recently I can't remember where a theme comes from,
>>
File: opinFACT.png (5KB, 324x271px) Image search: [Google]
opinFACT.png
5KB, 324x271px
>>32487501
Too bad your opinion is wrong.
>>
>>32487076
I found them a lot more hit and miss than HGSS and FrLg remixes. However when they hit they hit pretty fucking hard, those ancient pokemon remixes were pretty damn good.
>>
Route 104, 110 and 120 were greatly improved. Most of the others are alright except for Route 113 which was the only one they fucked up.
>>
>>32487777
Nice quads, but nah, 113 is fine.
>>
>>32487102
Why does a seafaring town have a Christmas music?
>>
File: shhh.jpg (94KB, 839x720px) Image search: [Google]
shhh.jpg
94KB, 839x720px
>>32487814
>tubular bells = christmas
Suffocate this meme.
>>
>>32487818
Facts aren't memes.
>>
>>32487846
All FR/LG music is christmas music because Ichinose uses them so liberally throughout the whole soundtrack.
Fact or just a meme?
Vote on your phones now
>>
>>32487856
>tfw no phone and I must socialize
>>
>>32487443
Yes cuck.
>>
the remixes were amazing, especially the Aqua/Magma grunt battle, gym battle and trainer battle. ORAS probably has the best battle music in the series
>>
They fucked up the E4 music so badly that it made me want to cry.

Some stuff was awesome though, like the Sunken Ship.
>>
Kageyama was the worst composer of the franchise, his style is unoriginal, too occidentalized, simple, bland..., thanks god that he left game freak.

Go Ichinose and Midako Adachi are far better. I could say Masuda too because some themes (like the giratina one) but nowadays he don't do a shit.
>>
>>32488036
Is this PocketMonstersMusic?
>>
File: IMG_8821.jpg (223KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8821.jpg
223KB, 450x450px
>>32488036
Get out, Kageyama was the best thing that happened to the music team ever. He nailed the music in BW and ORAS, he even did godlike shit for spin-offs like Duel.
>>
>>32487443
They could have easily dropped the frame count in the overworld and gotten rid of transitions/load screens. It's a 3ds; the models are going to look like blocky garbage anyways, so why not at least give a good play experience?
>>
>>32488218
if you drop the framerate anymore you'll be watching a powerpoint presentation
>>
>>32488107
>did godlike shit for spin-offs like Duel.
I can accept Oras or Bw but, Duel? Seriously?
Only the theme of angry Brenda is good the others are pure 90's eurobeat.
>>
>>32488360
t. someone who hasn't even watched inital d
>>
>>32487076
I feel like most of them are better, but fuck them for ruining Route 113

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydEwobtGON8
>>
File: mad cat.jpg (61KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
mad cat.jpg
61KB, 400x400px
>>32487162
>a brutal anal rape like HGSS

You watch your mouth
>>
>>32487076
No, they were bad. ORAS music reminds me of something you would get when typing "cool epic RSE remix" into YouTube for lack of a better term.

I think the best example of music butchering ORAS has to offer is the Deoxys theme. The original is bombastic and intense. You have parts such as the "jazz" section along with the low buildup afterwards, the ringing bell, the alien beeping noises, and the "takeoff" sound. The ORAS version ruins it with just blandly orchestrating it and toning it down. It doesn't sound menacing and alien anymore and lost all personality as if the composer just wanted to get it over with and didn't care.
>>
>>32488811
See >>32487619
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.