[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

friend told me that rare candies are detrimental to the development

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Rare_candy.jpg (26KB, 660x536px) Image search: [Google]
Rare_candy.jpg
26KB, 660x536px
friend told me that rare candies are detrimental to the development of the pokemon. like if you leveled it up to 100 with them only (hypothetically) that they would be weaker than if you leveled them up on your own. is this true?
>>
>>32487045
Yes, learn what IVs are
>>
Was the case before Gen V bevause of how EVs were tallied but now it doesn't matter
>>
>>32487045
If you went straight from 0 to 100 then yes, but otherwise it's not true. All it means is that you'll get EV stat boosts during later levels.
>>
>>32487055
gold bottle caps fix it?
>>
>>32487045
Depends on the Gen. It's true for 1 and 2, for 3 and 4 it depends on how whether you maxed out the EVs beforehand and from 5 onwards it no longer applies.
>>
>>32487059
nigga what tf r gold bottle caps
>>
>>32487051
It's not just IVs, it's the EVs.
>>
>>32487059
Not even, EVs have been automatically tallied after battle since Black and White, so needing to get them how you want before you level up to the cap isn't an issue anymore

IVs were never a factor with why filling a Pokemon with Rare Candies from capture to 100 was bad
>>
>>32487045
They were in gen 1 but not anymore.
>>
>>32487099
im playing pokemon leaf green on my iphone. this is gen 1 right? or at least gen 2?
>>
>>32487089
>This item can be exchanged with Mr. Hyper in the Hau'oli City Mall to allow for him to boost all Individual Values up to maximum
>>
>>32487045
He's not entirely correct. Rare Candies would make a pokemon weaker if you only level it using rare candies, but this is
1. Unoptimal
2. Unlikely
3. Only in older mechanics

EVs can now be gained regardless of being level 100, so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>32487104
anon, you're too noob to be on /vp/
save your soul while you can
RUN YOU FOOL
that's gen 3
>>
>>32487045
It's true.
It's intended. They always wanted ''trained'' pokemon to be stronger, this is also why learnpool are shit and TMs are best moves for almost every pokemon. Consider that pre-gen 5 you only got to use them once, so you had to use it on your "pupil" which you were training.
Anyway, most of the original philosofy just want watered with time.
Indeed now you can assign/spread EVs even to a lv 100 pokemon.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 300x325px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 300x325px
>>32487045
You're likely under aged, but whatever, allow me to explain.

Let's say your Pokemon knocks out an Arbok. The Pokemon that knocked out Arbok gains two points in attack in a value called EVs. Every 4 EVs boosts the stat by one point upon leveling up. When the Pokemon has gained 252 EVs, then it no longer can gain them, at which point, it's perfectly ok to use rare candies.
>>
>>32487161
and, to complement this anon, not every Pokémon you knock out gives Attack EVs...

here's a list to see what you want to kill to EV train your Pokémon
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_effort_value_yield
>>
>>32487161

Also, they cap at 255, not 252, because powers of 2. And the total cap of EVs in all stats is 510, which is a total of +127 to all stats and 2 spare points.

That means that you have to actually count these instead of just battling a couple hundred of one mon because you'll screw yourself out of a few stat points this way. May seem low ingame, but means a lot in pvp
>>
>>32487104
Thats a gen 1 remake when gen 3 was the most recent
>>
>>32487203
Fairly sure in the new games they actually cap at 252 so player can't waste the last 4 EVs that could do shit to a third stat.
>>
>>32487334
wrong
>>
>>32487768
They definitely cap at 252 in Sun and Moon. I tried it myself.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.