[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Magnemite existed as far back as 3,000 years ago >Other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: 1492411993093.png (518KB, 863x661px) Image search: [Google]
1492411993093.png
518KB, 863x661px
>Magnemite existed as far back as 3,000 years ago
>Other mechanical mons like Klink and Magearna are relatively recent

Was the pokemon world 3,000 years ago some kind of Atlantis that fell into a dark ages and stayed there until the last several centuries?

Also lore thread
>>
I'm a good ol' fashion headcanon guy, and I've sat on this one for awhile.

What the fuck is up with magnemite. They're not man made, but they're robots and they have to have some way of reproduction.
>>
>>32484919
They're magnets that gained sentience
>>
Maybe Celebi likes to fuck up the time line and bring future pokemon to the past.
>>
humans make magnemite in the future
celebi takes them all back in time, kills all humans in current timeline
>>
>>32484945
But who was building magnets 3000 years ago? And how did it gain sentience?
>>
All the bullshit with the ultra beasts and ultra space made me stop caring about pokemon lore.

Literally the dumbest part of the whole series at this point.
>>
>>32484975
>But who was building magnets 3000 years ago?
Alakazam

>And how did it gain sentience?
Ask a Japanese person how objects gain sentience in their mythology.
>>
>>32484994
The fuck does an alakazam need with a magnet
>>
>>32484987
>tfw too inteligent to understand the ultra space stuff
>>
>>32484994
Why/how did Alakazam invent magnets? Or screws without inventing a screwdriver? Why did none of these groundbreaking inventions come to be used by humans until fairly recently, relatively speaking?
>>
>>32485022
The hell would I know what a 3000 IQ mad scientist wants with a magnet
>>
>>32484987
How? They're just Pokemon from another dimension. Is that too difficult to wrap your brain around?
>>
>>32484987
"Ultra beasts are pokemon from a different dimension"

There was that too hard for your thicker than a Marowak skull of a head?
>>
>>32484987
>when you're looking for reasons to get angry
you must lead a dull life
>>
>>32485022
How else is he gonna learn attract?
>>
>>32484904
Magnemite are just magnetic balls. They seem natural.
>>
>>32485326
>perfect spheres
>natural
Same applies to Voltorb
>>
Yeah, I wondered why they didn't give the Klinks a similar origin.
That way you can assume maybe in that universe, the basis for most mechanical engineering was based on Pokemon. (Screws, magnets, gears) Pretty much just a more absurd version of humans learning to fly from watching birds.
>>
Magnemite are aliens
>>
>>32485502
Voltorbs were created some time after the creation of mass produced Pokeballs.
There are ancient cave drawings of magnemites though.
>>
>>32484987
It's literally nothing new. We've known about other dimensions though Pokemon like Palkia since gen 4. We've had implied aliens since gen 1, and definite aliens since gen 3. These are just aliens from another dimension.
>>
>>32484904
But our lord and savior, Arceus made the world 6000 years ago
>>
>>32485575
Most plausible explanation.
>>
>>32484904
>Was the pokemon world 3,000 years ago some kind of Atlantis that fell into a dark ages and stayed there until the last several centuries?

Well yeah basically. They were able to build a synthetic Pokemon, Magearna, 3000 years before humanity could replicate the same achievement again with Porygon. The Great War and the Ultimate Weapon had a much more effect on the world than the games really let on.
>>
>>32484904
>>32484975
Magnets occur naturally. Cogs do not.
It makes sense for them to be around for that long.
>>
>>32484951
celebi and dialga. and ditto
>>
>>32485922
>ditto

what did he mean by this
>>
>>32485022
>>32485068
Alakazam uses the magnets to bend spoons
>>
>>32485916
>magnets occur naturally

Not horseshoe magnets though
>>
>>32485950
Maybe they got modified to have those by humans.
The original Mangemite could just have been a floating orb.
>>
File: alakazam.png (254KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
alakazam.png
254KB, 800x640px
>>32485934
You trying to expose us, anon?
>>
Maybe they were ancient an ancient Magnemite variant that didn't make use of metal.
>Ancient Magnemite
>Electric/Ground
>Magnet Pull, Sand Veil, Magic Guard (HA)
>Standard general Magnemite bodyshape but with baltoy's body color, little magnetite rods resembling obelisks instead of screws, egyptian-style stone eye lined with gold
>Learns Earth Power, Ancient Power and a couple of Psychic attacks, can't learn Steel or high technology moves
>Found in ruins of ancient mysterious civilations with Baltoy, Golett, Sigilyph and Unown
>>
Magnemites are pocket monsters, not animals. It is likely that they're—and possibly all Pokemon—aren't bound to all the same biological "rules" as humans or real animals. For all we know, they might even have somewhat fleshy internal organs with a fully functioning digestive and reproduction system. Most of this will never be confirmed, though, knowing GF.
>>
>>32484919
>>32484945
>>32484975
Maybe modern magnets are jusr based off Magnamite and not the other way around
>>
>>32485678
Magearna was made 500 years back, not 3,000.
>>
>>32484904
>>32484919
Time travel experiment by Devon gone awry
>>
>>32486170
This. In the poke world pokemon either inspired or helped invent many things people discovered or created by themselves in our world
>>
>>32486048

Would train.
>>
Like many other unconventional pokemon I believe they were created through Unown randomly giving life to the ideas of man like they did in the one movie.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.